Market Structure And Consumer Valuation In The Rbst-Free And Organic Milk Markets
This study uses revealed preferences of consumers to study the consumer valuations of rBST-free and organic milk. The study specifies and estimates a quadratic AIDS model for different milk types using US supermarket scanner data. The introduction of rBST-free and organic milk is used to estimate both competitive and variety effects as measures of consumer valuations. Results show significant consumer valuations for organic milk and to a lesser extent rBST-free milk.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dhar, Tirtha & Chavas, Jean-Paul & Gould, Brian W., 2002. "An Empirical Assessment of Endogeneity Issues in Demand Analysis for Differentiated Products," Working Papers 201561, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Cotterill, Ronald W. & Franklin, Andrew W. & Ma, Li Yu, 1996. "Measuring Market Power Effects in Differentiated Product Industries: An Application to the Soft Drink Industry," Research Reports 25229, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Huffman Wallace E. & Rousu Matthew & Shogren Jason F & Tegene Abebayehu, 2004.
"Consumer's Resistance to Genetically Modified Foods: The Role of Information in an Uncertain Environment,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-15, May.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Rousu, M.C. & Shogren, Jason F. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2004. "Consumers' Resistance to Genetically Modified Foods: The Role of Information in an Uncertain Environment," Staff General Research Papers 12339, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Richard Blundell & Robin, J M, 1995.
"Latent separability: grouping goods without weak separability,"
IFS Working Papers
W95/09, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Richard Blundell & Jean-Marc Robin, 2000. "Latent Separability: Grouping Goods without Weak Separability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 53-84, January.
- Blundell & Robin, 2000. "Latent separability : grouping goods without weak separability," Working Papers 156158, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- R. Blundell & Jean-Marc Robin, 2000. "Latent separability: grouping goods without weak separability," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/f0uohitsgqh, Sciences Po.
- Cotterill, Ronald W & Putsis, William P, Jr & Dhar, Ravi, 2000. "Assessing the Competitive Interaction between Private Labels and National Brands," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(1), pages 109-37, January.
- Kadiyali, Vrinda & Vilcassim, Naufel J & Chintagunta, Pradeep K, 1996. "Empirical Analysis of Competitive Product Line Pricing Decisions: Lead, Follow, or Move Together?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(4), pages 459-87, October.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Leonard, Gregory K, 2002. "The Competitive Effects of a New Product Introduction: A Case Study," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 237-63, September.
- Mario F. Teisl & Nancy E. Bockstael & Alan Levy, 2001. "Measuring the Welfare Effects of Nutrition Information," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 133-149.
- Tirtha Pratim Dhar & Jean-Paul Chavas & Brian W. Gould, 2002.
"An Empirical Assessment of Endogeneity Issues In Demand Analysis for Differentiated Products,"
Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports
066, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Dhar, Tirtha Pratim & Chavas, Jean-Paul & Gould, Brian W., 2002. "An Empirical Assessment of Endogeneity Issues In Demand Analysis for Differentiated Products," Research Reports 25227, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1981. "Exact Consumer's Surplus and Deadweight Loss," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 662-76, September.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea03:22177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.