Consumers' Resistance to Genetically Modified Foods: The Role of Information in an Uncertain Environment
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Huffman Wallace E. & Rousu Matthew & Shogren Jason F & Tegene Abebayehu, 2004. "Consumer's Resistance to Genetically Modified Foods: The Role of Information in an Uncertain Environment," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-15, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shogren, Jason F. & Margolis, Michael & Koo, Cannon & List, John A., 2001. "A random nth-price auction," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 409-421, December.
- Rousu, Matthew & Huffman, Wallace & Shogren, Jason F. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2002. "The Value of Verifiable Information in a Controversial Market: Evidence from Lab Auctions of Genetically Modified Food," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10009, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1996.
"Valuation of New Goods under Perfect and Imperfect Competition,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of New Goods, pages 207-248
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, J.A., 1994. "Valuation of New Goods Under Perfect and Imperfect Competition," Working papers 94-21, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Valuation of New Goods under Perfect and Imperfect Competition," NBER Working Papers 4970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Roheim, Cathy A. & Donath, Holger & Asche, Frank, 2001. "Measuring Consumer Preferences For Ecolabeled Seafood: An International Comparison," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sara Scatasta & Justus Wesseler & Jill Hobbs, 2007. "Differentiating the consumer benefits from labeling of GM food products," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 237-242, September.
- Liu, Pengcheng & Huang, Chung-Huang & Feng, Zhongchao & Zhou, Deyi, 2009. "Consumer’s choice on GM labeling: evidences from China," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51807, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dmitriy Volinskiy & Wiktor L. Adamowicz & Michele Veeman & Lorie Srivastava, 2009. "Does Choice Context Affect the Results from Incentive-Compatible Experiments? The Case of Non-GM and Country-of-Origin Premia in Canola Oil," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(2), pages 205-221, June.
- Dhar, Tirtha Pratim & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2003. "Market Structure And Consumer Valuation In The Rbst-Free And Organic Milk Markets," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22177, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dhar, Tirtha Pratim & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2004. "Is Soy Milk? The Economics Of The Soy Milk Market," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20337, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bansal, Sangeeta & Chakravarty, Sujoy & Ramaswami, Bharat, 2013.
"The informational and signaling impacts of labels: experimental evidence from India on GM foods,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(06), pages 701-722, December.
- Bharat Ramaswami & Sangeeta Bansal & Sujoy Chakravarty, 2013. "The Informational and signaling impacts of labels: Experimental evidence from India on GM foods," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 13-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Onyango, Benjamin M. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Govindasamy, Ramu, 2005. "U.S. Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Labeling Information on Genetically Modified Foods: An Application of Choice Modeling," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19490, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:12339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.