Wage Determination by Gender and Visible Minority Status: Evidence from the 1989 LMAS
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Christofides, L.N. & Swidinsky, R., 1992. "Wage Determination by Gender and Visible Minority Stutus : Evidence from the 1989 LMAS," Working Papers 1992-18, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter George & Peter Kuhn, 1994. "The Size and Structure of Native-White Wage Differentials in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 20-42, February.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Borjas, George J, 1985. "Assimilation, Changes in Cohort Quality, and the Earnings of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 463-489, October.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1974. "Wage Comparisons-A Selectivity Bias," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1119-1143, Nov.-Dec..
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 1992. "Race and Gender Pay Differentials," NBER Working Papers 4120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Cotton, Jeremiah, 1988. "On the Decomposition of Wage Differentials," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 236-243, May.
- Charles M. Beach & Christopher Worswick, 1993.
"Is There a Double-Negative Effect on the Earnings of Immigrant Women?,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 19(1), pages 36-53, March.
- Worswick, C. & Beach, C.M., 1990. "Is There a Double-Negative Effect on the Earnings of Immigrant Women?," Papers 1990-6, Queen's at Kingston - Sch. of Indus. Relat. Papers in Industrial Relations.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finnie, Ross & Wannell, Ted, 2004. "The Evolution of the Gender Earnings Gap Amongst Canadian University Graduates," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2004235e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Ross Finnie & Ted Wannell, 2004. "Evolution of the gender earnings gap among Canadian university graduates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(17), pages 1967-1978.
- Krishna Pendakur & Ravi Pendakur, 2015. "The Colour of Money Redux: Immigrant/Ethnic Earnings Disparity in Canada 1991– 2006," Discussion Papers dp15-13, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Joanne D. Leck, 2002. "Making Employment Equity Programs Work for Women," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 28(s1), pages 85-100, May.
- Anil Verma & Jeffrey G. Reitz & Rupa Banerjee, 2016. "Unionization and Income Growth of Racial Minority Immigrants in Canada: A Longitudinal Study," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 667-698, September.
- Dmitry Kabrelyan, 2000. "A Comparison of the Earnings of Immigrants in Canada, United States, Australia and Germany," LIS Working papers 241, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Hung-Hao Chang & David R. Just, 2009. "Internet Access and Farm Household Income - Empirical Evidence using a Semi-parametric Assessment in Taiwan," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 348-366.
- Finnie, Ross & Wannell, Ted, 2004. "L'evolution de l'ecart des gains entre les sexes chez les diplomes des universites canadiennes," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2004235f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Schafgans, Marcia M. A. & Stelcnery, Morton, 2006. "Selectivity and the gender wage gap decomposition in the presence of a joint decision process," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6809, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Coulombe, Simon & Frenette, Marc, 2007. "Has Higher Education Among Young Women Substantially Reduced the Gender Gap in Employment and Earnings?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2007301e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpp:issued:v:20:y:1994:i:1:p:34-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://economics.ca/cpp/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.