Selectivity and the gender wage gap decomposition in the presence of a joint decision process
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kostas G. Mavromaras & Helmut Rudolph, 1997. "Wage Discrimination in the Reemployment Process," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 812-860.
- Louis N. Christofides & Robert Swidinsky, 1994.
"Wage Determination by Gender and Visible Minority Status: Evidence from the 1989 LMAS,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 20(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Christofides, L.N. & Swidinsky, R., 1992. "Wage Determination by Gender and Visible Minority Stutus : Evidence from the 1989 LMAS," Working Papers 1992-18, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
More about this item
Keywordssample selection model; gender wage differences; Oaxaca wage decomposition; ‘discrimination’;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:6809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .