Social Science & Medicine
2000, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 53-62 Rethinking patient satisfaction: patient experiences of an open access flexible sigmoidoscopy service
by Dougall, Audrey & Russell, Andrew & Rubin, Greg & Ling, Jane
- 63-75 Using discrete choice modelling in priority setting: an application to clinical service developments
by Farrar, Shelley & Ryan, Mandy & Ross, Donald & Ludbrook, Anne
- 77-88 Hospital credentialing and quality of care
by Sloan, Frank A & Conover, Christopher J & Provenzale, Dawn
- 89-105 "Jesus will fix it after awhile": meanings and health
by Abrums, Mary
- 107-121 Wellness activities address inequities
by Dobson, Roy & Lepnurm, Rein
- 123-135 Traditional medicine, professional monopoly and structural interests: a Korean case
by Cho, Hyo-Je
- 137-154 "Requested death": a new social movement
by McInerney, Fran
1999, Volume 49, Issue 12
- 1571-1598 Psychological impact of predicting individuals' risks of illness: a systematic review
by Shaw, Chris & Abrams, Keith & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 1599-1614 Social network influences on reproductive health behaviors in urban northern Thailand
by Bond, Katherine C. & Valente, Thomas W. & Kendall, Carl
- 1615-1622 Family focus or career focus: controlling for infertility
by Meyer, Christine Siegwarth
- 1623-1636 Health inequality and population variation in fertility-timing
by Geronimus, Arline T. & Bound, John & Waidmann, Timothy A.
- 1637-1649 Does financial hardship account for elevated psychological distress in lone mothers?
by Hope, Steven & Power, Chris & Rodgers, Bryan
- 1651-1661 What makes new mothers unhappy: psychological distress one year after birth in Italy and France
by Romito, Patrizia & Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josèphe & Lelong, Nathalie
- 1663-1676 Complaining about chronic pain
by Kugelmann, Robert
- 1677-1687 Household nutrition and health in Poland
by Bakken, Rosalie & Jezewska-Zychowicz, Marzena & Winter, Mary
- 1689-1703 The emerging international policy agenda for reproductive health services in conflict settings
by Palmer, Celia A. & Lush, Louisiana & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 1705-1716 Patterns of vaccination acceptance
by Streefland, Pieter & Chowdhury, A. M. R. & Ramos-Jimenez, Pilar
- 1717-1722 Religious characteristics of US women physicians
by Frank, Erica & Dell, Mary Lynn & Chopp, Rebecca
1999, Volume 49, Issue 11
- 1431-1460 Empowerment of women for health promotion: a meta-analysis
by Kar, Snehendu B. & Pascual, Catherine A. & Chickering, Kirstin L.
- 1461-1471 Women, poverty and common mental disorders in four restructuring societies
by Patel, Vikram & Araya, Ricardo & de Lima, Mauricio & Ludermir, Ana & Todd, Charles
- 1473-1487 Referral revisited: community financing schemes and emergency transport in rural Africa
by Macintyre, Kate & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 1489-1500 Purchasing a quick fix from private pharmacies in the Gaza Strip
by Beckerleg, S. & Lewando-Hundt, G. & Eddama, M. & el Alem, A. & Shawa, R. & Abed, Y.
- 1501-1517 Online commentary in acute medical visits: a method of shaping patient expectations
by Heritage, John & Stivers, Tanya
- 1519-1528 Treatment issues for HIV+ Africans in London
by Erwin, Jo & Peters, Barry
- 1529-1539 Attitudes to health care prioritisation methods and criteria among nurses, doctors, politicians and the general public
by Ryynänen, Olli-Pekka & Myllykangas, Markku & Kinnunen, Juha & Takala, Jorma
- 1541-1549 The psychosocial burden of caring for some Nigerian women with breast cancer and cervical cancer
by Ohaeri, Jude U. & Campbell, Oladapo B. & Ilesanmi, Abiodun O. & Omigbodun, Akinyinka O.
- 1551-1566 Assessment of ambulance response performance using a geographic information system
by Peters, Jeremy & Hall, G. Brent
1999, Volume 49, Issue 10
- 1287-1298 The impact of a quasi-market on sexually transmitted disease services in the UK
by Evans, David
- 1299-1307 Incentives and health policy: primary and secondary care in the British National Health Service
by Hausman, Dan & Le Grand, Julian
- 1309-1323 The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?
by Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant
- 1325-1332 New estimates of the demand for health: results based on a categorical health measure and Swedish micro data
by Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus
- 1349-1356 Equity in health and health care: the Chinese experience
by Liu, Yuanli & Hsiao, William C. & Eggleston, Karen
- 1357-1372 HIV/AIDS prevention for migrants and ethnic minorities: three phases of evaluation
by Haour-Knipe, Mary & Fleury, Francois & Dubois-Arber, Francois
- 1373-1384 A comparison of the relationships of education and income with mortality: the national longitudinal mortality study
by Backlund, Eric & Sorlie, Paul D. & Johnson, Norman J.
- 1385-1399 Cost-effective malaria control in Brazil: Cost-effectiveness of a Malaria Control Program in the Amazon Basin of Brazil, 1988-1996
by Akhavan, Dariush & Musgrove, Philip & Abrantes, Alexandre & Gusmão, Renato d'A.
- 1401-1408 Life-sustaining treatments: what doctors do, what they want for themselves and what elderly persons want
by Carmel, Sara
- 1409-1417 Emergency contraception: an anomalous position in the family planning repertoire?
by Ziebland, Sue
- 1419-1423 Increasing rates of suicide in young men in England during the 1980s: the importance of social context
by Crawford, M. J. & Prince, M.
1999, Volume 49, Issue 9
- 1139-1155 "Not just a statistic": the history of USA and UK policy over thrombotic disease and the oral contraceptive pill, 1960s-1970s
by Marks, Lara
- 1157-1167 'We shall not find salvation in inoculation': BCG vaccination in Scandinavia, Britain and the USA, 1921-1960
by Bryder, Linda
- 1169-1182 The cost of living: kidney dialysis, rationing and health economics in Britain, 1965-1996
by Stanton, Jennifer
- 1183-1195 Passive smoking and its pre-history in Britain: policy speaks to science?
by Berridge, Virginia
- 1197-1213 Public health policy paradoxes: science and politics in the Rockefeller Foundation's hookworm campaign in Mexico in the 1920s
by Birn, Anne-Emanuelle & Solórzano, Armando
- 1215-1225 Cancer chemotherapy, biodiversity, public and private property: the case of the anti-cancer drug Taxol
by Walsh, Vivien & Goodman, Jordan
- 1227-1238 From what and why did genetics emerge as a medical specialism in the 1970s in the UK? A case-history of research, policy and services in the Manchester region of the NHS
by Coventry, Peter A. & Pickstone, John V.
- 1239-1255 Risk, science and policy: definitional struggles, information management, the media and BSE
by Miller, David
- 1257-1268 Histories of cochlear implantation
by Blume, Stuart S.
- 1269-1283 Scientific uncertainty and the role of expert advice: the case of health checks for coronary heart disease prevention by general practitioners in the UK
by Florin, Dominique
1999, Volume 49, Issue 8
- 993-1005 Determinants of the Permethrin Impregnated Bednets (PIB) in the Republic of Benin: the role of women in the acquisition and utilization of PIBs
by Rashed, S. & Johnson, H. & Dongier, P. & Moreau, R. & Lee, C. & Crépeau, R. & Lambert, J. & Jefremovas, V. & Schaffer, C.
- 1007-1019 The use of research in local health service agencies
by Anderson, Malcolm & Cosby, Jarold & Swan, Bill & Moore, Heather & Broekhoven, Mike
- 1021-1034 Closing rural hospitals in Saskatchewan: on the road to wellness?
by James, Amanda M.
- 1035-1050 Community development through partnership: promoting health in an urban indigenous community in New Zealand
by Voyle, J. A. & Simmons, D.
- 1051-1059 The roles of social class of origin, achieved social class and intergenerational social mobility in explaining social-class inequalities in alcoholism among young men
by Hemmingsson, Tomas & Lundberg, Ingvar & Diderichsen, Finn
- 1061-1074 Gender differences in physical symptoms and illness behavior: A health diary study
by Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T. & Huisman, Henk & Kolk, Annemarie M.
- 1075-1084 Things ain't what they ought to be: social forces underlying racial disparities in rates of sexually transmitted diseases in a rural North Carolina county
by Thomas, James C. & Thomas, Karen K.
- 1085-1100 Infant feeding practices of low-income, African-American, adolescent mothers: an ecological, multigenerational perspective
by Bentley, Margaret & Gavin, Lorrie & Black, Maureen M. & Teti, Laureen
- 1101-1114 Female commercial sex workers in Kramat Tunggak, Jakarta, Indonesia
by Sedyaningsih-Mamahit, Endang R.
- 1115-1123 Family experiences related to the decision to institutionalize an elderly member in Taiwan: an exploratory study
by Kao, Hsueh-Fen & Stuifbergen, Alexa K.
- 1125-1127 Knowledge, attitude and practice survey on immunization service delivery in Guangxi and Gansu, China
by Zhang, Xinglu & Wang, Lixia & Zhu, Xu & Wang, Kean
1999, Volume 49, Issue 7
- 849-865 Informal economic activities of public health workers in Uganda: implications for quality and accessibility of care
by McPake, Barbara & Asiimwe, Delius & Mwesigye, Francis & Ofumbi, Mathias & Ortenblad, Lisbeth & Streefland, Pieter & Turinde, Asaph
- 867-878 Do measures of self-reported morbidity bias the estimation of the determinants of health care utilisation?
by Sutton, Matthew & Carr-Hill, Roy & Gravelle, Hugh & Rice, Nigel
- 879-894 Does the work environment contribute to excess male mortality?
by Hemström, Örjan
- 895-903 How stable are people's preferences for giving priority to severely ill patients?
by Ubel, Peter A.
- 905-920 Policy analysis for end-stage renal disease in Jamaica
by Trisolini, M. & Ashley, D. & Harik, V. & Bicknell, W.
- 921-932 Immunization promotion activities: are they effective in encouraging mothers to immunize their children?
by Pérez-Cuevas, Ricardo & Reyes, Hortensia & Pego, Ulises & Tomé, Patricia & Ceja, Karla & Flores, Sergio & Gutiérrez, Gonzalo
- 933-941 Risk factors of pain in mammographic screening
by Bruyninckx, Eva & Mortelmans, Dimitri & Van Goethem, M. & Van Hove, E.
- 943-950 Inconsistent responses in three preference-elicitation methods for health states
by Badia, Xavier & Roset, Monserrat & Herdman, Michael
- 951-956 Problems Tamil asylum seekers encounter in accessing health and welfare services in Australia
by Silove, D. & Steel, Z. & McGorry, P. & Drobny, J.
- 957-965 Role conflict and rapid socio-economic change: breastfeeding among employed women in Thailand
by Yimyam, S. & Morrow, M. & Srisuphan, W.
- 967-979 Subjective life expectancy in the US: correspondence to actuarial estimates by age, sex and race
by Mirowsky, John
- 981-988 Mortality and migration in Britain, first results from the British Household Panel Survey
by Brimblecombe, Nic & Dorling, Danny & Shaw, Mary
1999, Volume 49, Issue 6
- 711-725 The impact of stroke on informal carers: a literature review
by Low, Joseph T. S. & Payne, Sheila & Roderick, Paul
- 727-736 'Total pain', disciplinary power and the body in the work of Cicely Saunders, 1958-1967
by Clark, David
- 737-749 Determinants of depression and HIV-related worry among HIV-positive women who have recently given birth, Bangkok, Thailand
by Bennetts, Anna & Shaffer, Nathan & Manopaiboon, Chomnad & Pattrawan Chaiyakul & Siriwasin, Wimol & Mock, Philip & Klumthanom, Kunyarat & Sorapipatana, Sumaleelak & Yuvasevee, Chanidapa & Jalanchavanapate, Sujira & Clark, Leslie
- 751-762 Socio-demographic and spatial aspects of male mortality from HIV-AIDS related diseases in New South Wales, Australia, 1990-1994
by Burnley, I. H.
- 763-779 The cost-effectiveness of introducing a varicella vaccine to the New Zealand immunisation schedule
by Scuffham, P. & Devlin, N. & Eberhart-Phillips, J. & Wilson-Salt, R.
- 781-789 Physical activity social support and middle- and older-aged minority women: results from a US survey
by Eyler, Amy A. & Brownson, Ross C. & Donatelle, Rebecca J. & King, Abby C. & Brown, David & Sallis, James F.
- 791-799 The effect on morbidity of variability in deprivation and population stability in England and Wales: an investigation at small-area level
by Boyle, Paul J. & Gatrell, Anthony C. & Duke-Williams, Oliver
- 801-814 Sexuality education in Russia: defining pleasure and danger for a fledgling democratic society
by Rivkin-Fish, Michele
- 815-822 Different tuberculosis in men and women: beliefs from focus groups in Vietnam
by Long, Nguyen Hoang & Johansson, Eva & Diwan, Vinod K. & Winkvist, Anna
- 823-830 What price information? Modelling threshold probabilities of fetal loss
by Cairns, John & Shackley, Phil
- 831-845 Understanding social variation in cardiovascular risk factors in women and men: the advantage of theoretically based measures
by Bartley, M. & Sacker, A. & Firth, D. & Fitzpatrick, R.
1999, Volume 49, Issue 5
- 567-580 Two good reasons: women's and men's perspectives on dual contraceptive use
by Woodsong, Cynthia & Koo, Helen P.
- 581-600 Policy and politics of smoking control in Japan
by Sato, Hajime
- 601-609 Knowledge, beliefs and practices relevant for malaria control in an endemic urban area of the Colombian Pacific
by Nieto, Tatiana & Méndez, Fabian & Carrasquilla, Gabriel
- 611-619 Health behaviour and the school environment in New South Wales, Australia
by McLellan, Lyndall & Rissel, Chris & Donnelly, Neil & Bauman, Adrian
- 621-636 Age differences in the effects of network composition on psychological distress
by Peek, M. Kristen & Lin, Nan
- 637-649 The quest of infertile women in squatter settlements of Karachi, Pakistan: a qualitative study
by Bhatti, Lubna Ishaq & Fikree, Fariyal F. & Khan, Amanullah
- 651-661 Decision-making in the physician-patient encounter: revisiting the shared treatment decision-making model
by Charles, Cathy & Gafni, Amiram & Whelan, Tim
- 663-678 Evaluating health service equity at a primary care clinic in Chilimarca, Bolivia
by Kinman, Edward L.
- 679-689 National health care 'by-passing' in Bangladesh: a comparative study
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 691-704 Revisiting medicalisation and 'natural' death
by Seymour, Jane Elizabeth
1999, Volume 49, Issue 4
- 437-447 When is a shared decision not (quite) a shared decision? Negotiating preferences in a general practice encounter
by Gwyn, Richard & Elwyn, Glyn
- 449-457 Patient assertiveness and physician decision-making among older breast cancer patients
by Krupat, Edward & Irish, Julie T. & Kasten, Linda E. & Freund, Karen M. & Burns, Risa B. & Moskowitz, Mark A. & McKinlay, John B.
- 459-467 Prescribing benzodiazepines--a critical incident study of a physician dilemma
by Bendtsen, Preben & Hensing, Gunnel & McKenzie, Lotta & Stridsman, Anna-Karin
- 469-482 Women's control and choice regarding HRT
by Griffiths, Frances
- 483-497 Disputed diagnoses: the cases of RSI and childhood cancer
by Arksey, Hilary & Sloper, Patricia
- 499-507 Determinants of socioeconomic differences in change in physical and mental functioning
by Martikainen, Pekka & Stansfeld, Stephen & Hemingway, Harry & Marmot, Michael
- 509-518 The influence of adult ill health on occupational class mobility and mobility out of and into employment in The Netherlands
by van de Mheen, H. & Stronks, K. & Schrijvers, C. T. M. & Mackenbach, J. P.
- 519-530 Diarrheal disease risk in Matlab, Bangladesh
by Emch, Michael
- 531-541 Defecation practices of young children in a Peruvian shanty town
by Yeager, Beth A. C. & Huttly, Sharon R. A. & Bartolini, Rosario & Martha Rojas & Lanata, Claudio F.
- 543-550 Modernization of medical care in Korea (1876-1990)
by Son, Annette H. K.
- 551-563 Valuing the benefits of publicly-provided health care: does 'ability to pay' preclude the use of 'willingness to pay'?
by Donaldson, Cam
1999, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 297-302 Survival vs. quality of life: a study of the Israeli public priorities in medical care
by Shmueli, Amir
- 303-311 Stability of elderly persons' expressed preferences regarding the use of life-sustaining treatments
by Carmel, Sara & Mutran, Elizabeth J.
- 313-328 Attitudes towards informed consent, confidentiality, and substitute treatment decisions in southern African medical students: a case study from Zimbabwe
by Hipshman, Lawrence
- 329-342 Ethics education and physician morality
by Gross, Michael L.
- 343-358 Balancing effectiveness, side-effects and work: women's perceptions and experiences with modern contraceptive technology in Cambodia
by Sadana, Ritu & Snow, Rachel
- 359-369 'Because of the risks': how US pregnant women account for refusing prenatal screening
by Markens, Susan & Browner, C. H. & Press, Nancy
- 371-382 Obligatory medical insurance in Russia: the participants' perspective
by Twigg, Judyth L.
- 383-392 A case-control study of employment status and mortality in a cohort of Australian youth
by Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard & Quine, Susan & Kerr, Charles & Western, John
- 393-404 Encompassing treatment with prevention: the path for a lasting control of tuberculosis
by Jaramillo, Ernesto
- 405-424 Resource dependency, doctors and the state: quality control in Sweden
by Garpenby, Peter
- 425-433 Effects of distances to hospital and GP surgery on hospital inpatient episodes, controlling for needs and provision
by Haynes, Robin & Bentham, Graham & Lovett, Andrew & Gale, Susan
1999, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 155-171 Planning reproductive health in conflict: a conceptual framework
by Busza, Joanna & Lush, Louisiana
- 173-184 Lifeboat versus corporate ethic: social and demographic implications of stem and joint families
by Das Gupta, Monica
- 185-196 Planned orphanhood
by Landau, Ruth
- 197-214 Maternal mortality, women's status, and economic dependency in less developed countries: a cross-national analysis
by Shen, Ce & Williamson, John B.
- 215-222 Rationality in medical treatment decisions: is there a sunk-cost effect?
by Bornstein, Brian H. & Christine Emler, A. & Chapman, Gretchen B.
- 223-240 National health policies: sub-Saharan African case studies (1980-1990)
by Dugbatey, Kwesi
- 241-251 HIV-related sexual risk assessment among Asian/Pacific Islander American Women: an inductive model
by Chin, Dorothy
- 253-266 Occupational class and the probability of long-term limiting illness
by Borooah, Vani K.
- 267-278 Goal-setting in clinical medicine
by Bradley, Elizabeth H. & BogardusJr., Sidney T. & Tinetti, Mary E. & Inouye, Sharon K.
- 279-289 Pharmacy and herbal medicine in the US
by Bouldin, Alicia S. & Smith, Mickey C. & Garner, Dewey D. & Szeinbach, Sheryl L. & Frate, Dennis A. & Croom, Edward M.
1999, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 1-16 Effect of price and access on contraceptive use
by Levin, Ann & Caldwell, Bruce & Khuda, Barkat-e
- 17-26 Production gains from health care: what should be included in cost-effectiveness analyses?
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Richardson, Jeff
- 27-38 The referral process and urban health care in sub-Saharan Africa: the case of Lusaka, Zambia
by Atkinson, Sarah & Ngwengwe, Alasford & Macwan'gi, Mubiana & Ngulube, T. J. & Harpham, Trudy & O'Connell, Andrew
- 39-53 Power between evaluator and community: research relationships within New Mexico's healthier communities
by Wallerstein, Nina
- 55-66 Between intention and behavior: an application of community pharmacists' assessment of pharmaceutical care
by Farris, Karen B. & Schopflocher, Donald P.
- 67-80 Exploring the bio-psycho-social approach to premenstrual experiences
by Anson, Ofra
- 81-91 Urban and rural suicide differentials in migrants and the Australian-born, New South Wales, Australia 1985-1994
by Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard & Slaytor, Emma & Ford, Paul
- 93-108 Ecological pattern of first admitted schizophrenics in two German cities over 25 years
by Löffler, W. & Häfner, H.
- 109-120 The sense of coherence, occupation and the risk of coronary heart disease in the Helsinki Heart Study
by Poppius, Esko & Tenkanen, Leena & Kalimo, Raija & Heinsalmi, Pertti
- 121-131 Does employment improve the health of lone mothers?
by Baker, D. & North, K.
- 133-142 Social support at age 33: the influence of gender, employment status and social class
by Matthews, Sharon & Stansfeld, Stephen & Power, Chris
- 143-149 Morbidity and quality of life and the moderating effects of level of education in the elderly
by Kempen, Gertrudis I. J. M. & Brilman, Els I. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Ormel, Johan
1999, Volume 48, Issue 12
- 1701-1711 Neighbourhood characteristics and use of benzodiazepines in The Netherlands
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Leufkens, Hubert G. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Worm, Wilmar
- 1713-1720 Do risk factors and health behaviours contribute to self-ratings of health?
by Manderbacka, Kristiina & Lundberg, Olle & Martikainen, Pekka
- 1721-1734 Social support, social selection and self-assessed health status: results from the veterans health study in the United States
by Ren, Xinhua S. & Skinner, Katherine & Lee, Austin & Kazis, Lewis
- 1735-1742 The influence of the cardiac surgery patient's sex and age on care-giving received
by King, Kathryn M. & Koop, Priscilla M.
- 1743-1750 Disease activity and severity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: relations to socioeconomic inequality
by Brekke, Mette & Hjortdahl, Per & Thelle, Dag S. & Kvien, Tore K.
- 1751-1758 Social inequalities in male mortality amenable to medical intervention in British Columbia
by Wood, Evan & Sallar, Anthony M. & Schechter, Martin T. & Hogg, Robert S.
- 1759-1777 Explaining differential rates of mortality decline for Swedish men and women: a time-series analysis, 1945-1992
by Hemström, Örjan
- 1779-1789 Ethnicity and attitudes towards life sustaining technology
by Blackhall, Leslie J. & Frank, Gelya & Murphy, Sheila T. & Michel, Vicki & Palmer, Joycelynne M. & Azen, Stanley P.
- 1791-1802 The meanings of pain: an exploration of women's descriptions of symptoms
by Johansson, Eva E. & Hamberg, Katarina & Westman, Göran & Lindgren, Gerd
- 1803-1820 The health transition, global modernity and the crisis of traditional medicine: the Tibetan case
by Janes, Craig R.
- 1821-1832 The historical roots of high rates of infant death in Aboriginal communities in Canada in the early twentieth century: the case of Fisher River, Manitoba
by Moffat, Tina & Herring, Ann
- 1833-1850 Disease and immunity in the pre-Spanish Philippines
by Newson, Linda A.
- 1851-1856 The health impact of smoking in manual and non-manual social class men and women: a test of the Blaxter hypothesis
by Marang-van de Mheen, Perla J. & Davey Smith, George & Hart, Carole L.
- 1857-1860 Will genetic testing for predisposition for disease result in fatalism? A qualitative study of parents responses to neonatal screening for familial hypercholesterolaemia
by Senior, Victoria & Marteau, Theresa M. & Peters, Timothy J.
1999, Volume 48, Issue 11
- 1507-1515 Integrating response shift into health-related quality of life research: a theoretical model
by Sprangers, Mirjam A. G. & Schwartz, Carolyn E.
- 1517-1530 Social comparison as a mediator of response shift
by Gibbons, F. X.
- 1531-1548 Methodological approaches for assessing response shift in longitudinal health-related quality-of-life research
by Schwartz, Carolyn E. & Sprangers, Mirjam A. G.
- 1549-1561 Discrepancies between self-reported and observed physical function in the elderly: the influence of response shift and other factors
by Daltroy, Lawren H. & Larson, Martin G. & Eaton, Holley M. & Phillips, Charlotte B. & Liang, Matthew H.
- 1563-1575 Helping others helps oneself: response shift effects in peer support
by Schwartz, Carolyn E. & Sendor, Rabbi Meir
- 1577-1588 Clinical understanding and clinical implications of response shift
by B. Wilson, Ira
- 1589-1598 The role of the privatization process on tuberculosis control in HoChiMinh City Province, Vietnam
by Naterop, Eric & Wolffers, Ivan
- 1599-1611 Economic and health efficiency of education funding policy
by Curtin, T. R. C. & Nelson, E. A. S.
- 1613-1623 The impact of perinatal loss on adjustment to subsequent pregnancy
by Franche, Renée-Louise & Mikail, Samuel F.
- 1625-1639 Beyond the biomedical and behavioural: towards an integrated approach to HIV prevention in the Southern African mining industry
by Campbell, Catherine & Williams, Brian
- 1641-1654 Cognitive predictors of adherence to malaria prophylaxis regimens on return from a malarious region: a prospective study
by Abraham, Charles & Clift, Stephen & Grabowski, Peter
- 1655-1667 Harmonising and competing for medicines regulation: how healthy are the European Union's systems of drug approval?
by Abraham, John & Lewis, Graham
- 1669-1684 Preventive behavior among recent immigrants: Russian-speaking women and cancer screening in Israel
by Remennick, Larissa I.
- 1685-1695 Stories of illness and trauma survival: liberation or repression?
by Crossley, Michele L.
1999, Volume 48, Issue 10
- 1307-1319 Power, control and resistance in the timing of health and care
by Fox, Nick J
- 1321-1332 Spatiality, embodiment and hazards encountered in the making of pots
by Bellaby, Paul
- 1333-1340 Family structure and patient survival in an African-American end-stage renal disease population: a preliminary investigation
by Turner-Musa, Jocelyn & Leidner, David & Simmens, Samuel & Reiss, David & Kimmel, Paul L & Holder, Barbara
- 1341-1352 Information needs in terminal illness
by Kutner, Jean S & Steiner, John F & Corbett, Kitty K & Jahnigen, Dennis W & Barton, Phoebe L
- 1353-1362 Psychosocial problem disclosure by primary care patients
by Robinson, John W & Roter, Debra L
- 1363-1372 Gender, psychosocial factors and the use of medical services: a longitudinal analysis
by Green, Carla A & Pope, Clyde R
- 1373-1393 Psychosocial outcome assessments for use in cardiac rehabilitation service evaluation: a 10-year systematic review
by McGee, H.M. & Hevey, D. & Horgan, J.H.
- 1395-1405 Disability terminology in the media: a comparison of newspaper reports in Canada and Israel
by Auslander, Gail K & Gold, Nora
- 1407-1414 The `dop' system, alcohol abuse and social control amongst farm workers in South Africa: a public health challenge
by London, Leslie
- 1415-1432 The impact of market oriented reforms on choice and information: a case study of cataract surgery in outer London and Stockholm
by Fotaki, Marianna
- 1433-1440 Demographic and socio-economic determinants of community and hospital services costs for people with HIV/AIDS in London
by Kupek, Emil & Dooley, Mary & Whitaker, Luke & Petrou, Stavros & Renton, Adrian
- 1441-1448 Doing a shotgun: a drug use practice and its relationship to sexual behaviors and infection risk
by Perlman, David C & Henman, Anthony R & Kochems, Lee & Paone, Denise & Salomon, Nadim & Des Jarlais, Don C
- 1449-1462 A critique of seven assumptions behind psychological trauma programmes in war-affected areas
by Summerfield, Derek
- 1463-1474 `With the best of reasons': cervical cancer prevention policy and the suppression of sexual risk factor information
by Braun, Virginia & Gavey, Nicola
- 1475-1481 Political self-characterization of US women physicians
by Frank, Erica
- 1483-1490 Geographies of health perception in Québec: a multilevel perspective
by Pampalon, Robert & Duncan, Craig & Subramanian, S.V & Jones, Kelvyn
- 1491-1499 The persisting effect of unemployment on health and social well-being in men early in working life
by Wadsworth, M.E.J & Montgomery, S.M & Bartley, M.J
1999, Volume 48, Issue 9
- 1123-1133 ''You just look at our work and see if you have any freedom on earth'': Ghanaian women's accounts of their work and their health
by Avotri, Joyce Yaa & Walters, Vivienne
- 1135-1148 Antecedents and consequences of work-home interference among medical residents
by Geurts, Sabine & Rutte, Christel & Peeters, Maria
- 1149-1160 The incorporation of different demand concepts in the job demand-control model: effects on health care professionals
by de Jonge, Jan & Mulder, Marike J. G. P. & Nijhuis, Frans J. N.
- 1161-1172 The relationship of functional limitations to disability and the moderating effects of psychological attributes in community-dwelling older persons
by Kempen, Gertrudis I. J. M. & van Heuvelen, Marieke J. G. & van Sonderen, Eric & van den Brink, Rob H. S. & Kooijman, Aart C. & Ormel, Johan
- 1173-1187 Models of disablement, universalism and the international classification of impairments, disabilities and handicaps
by Bickenbach, Jerome E. & Chatterji, Somnath & Badley, E. M. & Üstün, T. B.
- 1189-1203 The power of the visible: the meaning of diagnostic tests in chronic back pain
by Rhodes, Lorna A. & McPhillips-Tangum, Carol A. & Markham, Christine & Klenk, Rebecca
- 1205-1220 A cost-effectiveness analysis of vaccination strategies against N. meningitidis meningitis in sub-Saharan African countries
by Bovier, Patrick A. & Wyss, Kaspar & J. Au, Heather
- 1221-1235 Gender differences in structural and behavioral determinants of health: an analysis of the social production of health
by Denton, Margaret & Walters, Vivienne
- 1237-1245 Do ethnic groups use health services like the majority of the population? A study from Quebec, Canada
by Blais, Régis & Maïga, Aboubacrine
- 1247-1258 No struggle, no strength: how pharmacists lost their monopoly
by Morgall, Janine Marie & Almarsdóttir, Anna Birna
- 1259-1269 Measuring both negative and positive reactions to giving care to cancer patients: psychometric qualities of the Caregiver Reaction Assessment (CRA)
by Nijboer, Chris & Triemstra, Mattanja & Tempelaar, Reike & Sanderman, Robbert & van den Bos, Geertrudis A. M.
- 1271-1280 Extending specialist palliative care to all?
by Field, David & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 1281-1290 The gradient in mammography screening behavior: a lifestyle marker
by Hagoel, Lea & Ore, Liora & Neter, Efrat & Shifroni, Galia & Rennert, Gad
- 1291-1299 The effect of spiritual beliefs on outcome from illness
by King, Michael & Speck, Peter & Thomas, Angela
1999, Volume 48, Issue 8
- 977-988 The disability paradox: high quality of life against all odds
by Albrecht, Gary L. & Devlieger, Patrick J.
- 989-996 Patient satisfaction in developing countries
by Bernhart, Michael H. & Wiadnyana, I. G. P. & Wihardjo, Haryoko & Pohan, Imbalos
- 997-1009 Risk analysis of poor health and growth failure of children in the central highlands of Guatemala
by Immink, Maarten D. C. & Payongayong, Ellen
- 1011-1027 Predictors of childhood immunization completion in a rural population
by Gore, Prasanna & Madhavan, Suresh & Curry, David & McClung, Gordon & Castiglia, Mary & Rosenbluth, Sidney A. & Smego, Raymond A.
- 1029-1046 Starting mental health services in Cambodia
by Somasundaram, Daya J. & van de Put, Willem A. C. M. & Eisenbruch, Maurice & de Jong, Joop T. V. M.