Social Science & Medicine
April 2003, Volume 56, Issue 7
- 1469-1480 Nostalgic and nostophobic referencing and the authentication of nurses' use of complementary therapies
by Tovey, Philip & Adams, Jon
- 1481-1492 Tobacco dependence: adolescents' perspectives on the need to smoke
by Johnson, Joy L. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Moffat, Barbara & Ratner, Pamela A. & Shoveller, Jean A. & Lovato, Chris Y.
- 1493-1504 The role of performance indicators in changing the autonomy of the general practice profession in the UK
by Exworthy, M. & Wilkinson, E. K. & McColl, A. & Moore, M. & Roderick, P. & Smith, H. & Gabbay, J.
- 1505-1515 Charitable food assistance as symbolic gesture: an ethnographic study of food banks in Ontario
by Tarasuk, Valerie & Eakin, Joan M.
- 1517-1530 How did Finland's economic recession in the early 1990s affect socio-economic equity in the use of hospital care?
by Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 1531-1541 Reliability of health utility measures and a test of values clarification
by Shiell, Alan & Hawe, Penelope & Fletcher, Megan
- 1543-1555 Marital status changes and body weight changes: a US longitudinal analysis
by Sobal, Jeffery & Rauschenbach, Barbara & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 1557-1570 Evaluating the influence of implicit models of mental disorder on processes of shared decision making within community-based multi-disciplinary teams
by Colombo, A. & Bendelow, G. & Fulford, B. & Williams, S.
- 1571-1579 Spirituality and attempted suicide among American Indians
by Garroutte, Eva Marie & Goldberg, Jack & Beals, Janette & Herrell, Richard & Manson, Spero M.
- 1581-1594 The role of choice in health education intervention trials: a review and case study
by Janevic, Mary R. & Janz, Nancy K. & Dodge, Julia A. & Lin, Xihong & Pan, Wenqin & Sinco, Brandy R. & Clark, Noreen M.
- 1595-1604 The new subjective medicine: taking the patient's point of view on health care and health
by Sullivan, Mark
March 2003, Volume 56, Issue 6
- 1139-1153 Mortality, inequality and race in American cities and states
by Deaton, Angus & Lubotsky, Darren
- 1155-1171 AIDS in the HAART era: New York's heterogeneous geography
by Wallace, Robert G.
- 1173-1182 Respiratory illness in the Dominican Republic: what are the predictors for health services utilization of young children?
by Thind, Amardeep & Andersen, Ronald
- 1183-1196 Quality of care and the demand for health services in Bamako, Mali: the specific roles of structural, process, and outcome components
by Mariko, Mamadou
- 1197-1207 Generating political will for safe motherhood in Indonesia
by Shiffman, Jeremy
- 1209-1220 A new theory of health promoting schools based on human functioning, school organisation and pedagogic practice
by Markham, Wolfgang A. & Aveyard, Paul
- 1221-1234 Religion and women's health in Ghana: insights into HIV/AIDs preventive and protective behavior
by Takyi, Baffour K.
- 1235-1247 Dimensions of the emerging orphan crisis in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bicego, George & Rutstein, Shea & Johnson, Kiersten
- 1249-1260 Motherhood as a vulnerability factor in major depression: the role of negative pregnancy experiences
by Bernazzani, Odette & Bifulco, Antonia
- 1261-1267 "It's like an addiction first thing... afterwards it's like a habit": daily smoking behaviour among people living in areas of deprivation
by Bancroft, Angus & Wiltshire, Susan & Parry, Odette & Amos, Amanda
- 1269-1278 Health and safety in policing: lessons from the regulation of CS sprays in the UK
by Rappert, Brian
- 1279-1293 Different frames, different fears: communicating about chlorinated drinking water and cancer in the Canadian media
by Driedger, S. Michelle & Eyles, John
- 1295-1305 Implementing participatory intervention and research in communities: lessons from the Kahnawake Schools Diabetes Prevention Project in Canada
by Potvin, Louise & Cargo, Margaret & McComber, Alex M. & Delormier, Treena & Macaulay, Ann C.
- 1307-1320 Informal HIV caregiving in a vulnerable population: toward a network resource framework
by Knowlton, Amy R.
- 1321-1333 Subjective social status: its determinants and its association with measures of ill-health in the Whitehall II study
by Singh-Manoux, Archana & Adler, Nancy E. & Marmot, Michael G.
- 1335-1344 Sociological influences on antidepressant prescribing
by Sleath, Betsy & Tina Shih, Ya-Chen
- 1345-1354 The impact of attitudes and beliefs on length of benzodiazepine use: a study among inexperienced and experienced benzodiazepine users
by van Hulten, Rolf & Bakker, Arnold B & Lodder, Aart C & Teeuw, K Bart & Bakker, Albert & Leufkens, Hubert G
- 1355-1367 'Double or quits': perceptions and management of organ transplantation by adults with cystic fibrosis
by Lowton, Karen
March 2003, Volume 56, Issue 5
- 905-913 Disclosure of cancer diagnosis and prognosis in Northern Tanzania
by Harris, Julian J. & Shao, John & Sugarman, Jeremy
- 915-920 Social psychological correlates of paying attention to cancer symptoms and seeking medical help
by de Nooijer, Jascha & Lechner, Lilian & de Vries, Hein
- 921-934 Assessing the quality of life of patients in phase I and II anti-cancer drug trials: interviews versus questionnaires
by Cox, Karen
- 935-947 Health inequalities in the older population: the role of personal capital, social resources and socio-economic circumstances
by Grundy, Emily & Sloggett, Andy
- 949-960 The effect of social relations with children on the education-health link in men and women aged 40 and over
by Antonucci, Toni C. & Ajrouch, Kristine J. & Janevic, Mary R.
- 961-971 Trends in the association between average income, poverty and income inequality and life expectancy in Spain
by Regidor, Enrique & Calle, M. Elisa & Navarro, Pedro & Domínguez, Vicente
- 973-985 Psychological distress during unemployment and beyond: social support and material deprivation among youth in six northern European countries
by Bjarnason, Thoroddur & Sigurdardottir, Thordis J.
- 987-1000 Trends in social inequality in self-reported health in the Netherlands; does infant mortality in year of birth as a cohort indicator matter?
by Monden, Christiaan W. S. & Kraaykamp, Gerbert & Dirk De Graaf, Nan
- 1001-1012 Involving the general public in priority setting: experiences from Australia
by Wiseman, V. & Mooney, G. & Berry, G. & Tang, K. C.
- 1013-1021 The vaginitis monologues: women's experiences of vaginal complaints in a primary care setting
by Karasz, Alison & Anderson, Matthew
- 1023-1032 Interpretations of smoking in film by older teenagers
by McCool, Judith P. & Cameron, Linda D. & Petrie, Keith J.
- 1033-1045 Public hazards or private tragedies? An exploratory study of the effect of coroners' procedures on those bereaved by suicide
by Biddle, Lucy
- 1047-1059 Perceptions of health hazards in the narratives of Italian migrant workers at an Australian asbestos mine (1943-1966)
by Cappelletto, Francesca & Merler, Enzo
- 1061-1072 The M-C-M' cycle and social capital
by Hean, Sarah & Cowley, Sarah & Forbes, Angus & Griffiths, Peter & Maben, Jill
- 1073-1085 A community-based assessment of learning disabilities using environmental and contextual risk factors
by Margai, Florence & Henry, Norah
- 1087-1098 Culture and therapy: complementary strategies for the treatment of type-2 diabetes in an urban setting in Kerala, India
by Chacko, Elizabeth
- 1099-1109 Diversity in lay perceptions of the sources of human traits: genes, environments, and personal behaviors
by Parrott, Roxanne L. & Silk, Kami J. & Condit, Celeste
- 1111-1120 Social capital and sense of insecurity in the neighbourhood: a population-based multilevel analysis in Malmö, Sweden
by Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan & Östergren, Per-Olof
- 1121-1133 Valuing the benefits and costs of health care programmes: where's the 'extra' in extra-welfarism?
by Birch, Stephen & Donaldson, Cam
- 1135-1138 Somatic fixation: the harm of healing
by Biderman, Aya & Yeheskel, Ayala & Herman, Joseph
February 2003, Volume 56, Issue 4
- 671-684 Evaluating meta-ethnography: a synthesis of qualitative research on lay experiences of diabetes and diabetes care
by Campbell, Rona & Pound, Pandora & Pope, Catherine & Britten, Nicky & Pill, Roisin & Morgan, Myfanwy & Donovan, Jenny
- 685-700 Evaluation of midwifery care: results from a survey in rural Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Glei, Dana A.
- 701-712 Rapid assessment procedures of malaria in low endemic countries: community perceptions in Jepara district, Indonesia
by Utarini, Adi & Winkvist, Anna & Ulfa, Fahmi Maria
- 713-724 War, gender and culture: Mozambican women refugees
by Sideris, Tina
- 725-738 International NGOs and primary health care in Mozambique: the need for a new model of collaboration
by Pfeiffer, James
- 739-751 Subfecundity and anxiety in a nationally representative sample
by King, Rosalind Berkowitz
- 753-768 Provider bias in the treatment of diarrhea among boys and girls attending public facilities in Minia, Egypt
by Yount, Kathryn M.
- 769-784 The measurement of SES in health research: current practice and steps toward a new approach
by Oakes, J. Michael & Rossi, Peter H.
- 785-792 Does active leisure protect cognition? Evidence from a national birth cohort
by Richards, Marcus & Hardy, Rebecca & Wadsworth, Michael E. J.
- 793-801 Burial at Srebrenica: linking place and trauma
by Pollack, Craig Evan
- 803-814 Eliciting preferences of the community for out of hours care provided by general practitioners: a stated preference discrete choice experiment
by Scott, Anthony & Watson, M. Stuart & Ross, Sue
- 815-819 Psychosocial burden of [beta]-thalassaemia major in Antalya, south Turkey
by Canatan, Duran & Ratip, Siret & Kaptan, Saniye & Cosan, Rüya
- 821-833 In search of a Healing Place: Aboriginal women in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside
by Benoit, Cecilia & Carroll, Dena & Chaudhry, Munaza
- 835-849 "Patient counselling" by pharmacists: four approaches to the delivery of counselling sequences and their interactional reception
by Pilnick, Alison
- 851-862 Ethnic differences in choices of health information by cancer patients using complementary and alternative medicine: an exploratory study with correspondence analysis
by Kakai, Hisako & Maskarinec, Gertraud & Shumay, Dianne M. & Tatsumura, Yvonne & Tasaki, Katsuya
- 863-868 Menstrual-related changes expected by premenarcheal girls living in rural and urban areas of Mexico
by Marván, María Luisa & Vacio, Angeles & Espinosa-Hernández, Graciela
- 869-882 The risk of smoking in relation to engagement with a school-based smoking intervention
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A & Almond, Joanne & Lancashire, Emma & Cheng, K. K.
- 883-894 Gender differences in excessive daytime sleepiness among Japanese workers
by Doi, Yuriko & Minowa, Masumi
- 895-897 Commentary on: A psychometric analysis of the measurement level of the rating scale, time trade-off, and standard gamble, by Cook et al
by Hawthorne, Graeme & Osborne, Richard H. & Elliott, Peter
February 2003, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 439-448 'Let me explain': narrative emplotment and one patient's experience of oral cancer
by Crossley, Michele L.
- 449-464 Moving from information transfer to information exchange in health and health care
by Lee, Renée Gravois & Garvin, Theresa
- 465-476 Norms, social networks, and HIV-related risk behaviors among urban disadvantaged drug users
by Latkin, Carl A. & Forman, Valerie & Knowlton, Amy & Sherman, Susan
- 477-490 Tuberculosis mortality and recent childbirth: a retrospective case-control study of Gibraltarian women, 1874-1884
by Burke, Stacie D. A. & Sawchuk, Lawrence A.
- 491-499 'They look like my kind of people'--perceptions of smoking images in youth magazines
by MacFadyen, Lynn & Amos, Amanda & Hastings, Gerard & Parkes, Edward
- 501-515 Re-reading the IPSS research record
by Williams, Charmaine C.
- 517-529 Can the school make a difference? A multilevel analysis of adolescent risk and health behaviour
by Maes, Lea & Lievens, John
- 531-550 Life in a secure unit: the rehabilitation of young people through the use of sport
by Andrews, Justin P. & Andrews, Gavin J.
- 551-567 Impacts of an environmental disaster on psychosocial health and well-being in Karakalpakstan
by Crighton, Eric J. & Elliott, Susan J. & Meer, Joost van der & Small, Ian & Upshur, Ross
- 569-572 Perception of risk and subjective health among victims of the Chernobyl disaster
by Havenaar, J. M. & de Wilde, E. J. & van den Bout, J. & Drottz-Sjöberg, B. M. & van den Brink, W.
- 573-587 Causes and health consequences of environmental degradation and social injustice
by Donohoe, Martin
- 589-602 What are the ingredients for a successful evidence-based patient choice consultation?: A qualitative study
by Ford, Sarah & Schofield, Theo & Hope, Tony
- 603-616 A certain art of uncertainty: case presentation and the development of professional identity
by Lingard, L. & Garwood, K. & Schryer, C. F. & Spafford, M. M.
- 617-630 Sandwiching it in: spillover of work onto food choices and family roles in low- and moderate-income urban households
by Devine, Carol M. & Connors, Margaret M. & Sobal, Jeffery & Bisogni, Carole A.
- 631-642 Gender and coping: the parents of children with high functioning autism
by Gray, David E.
- 643-655 A model of mother-child coping and adjustment to HIV
by Hough, Edythe S. & Brumitt, Gail & Templin, Thomas & Saltz, Eli & Mood, Darlene
- 657-669 African-Caribbean interactions with mental health services in the UK: experiences and expectations of exclusion as (re)productive of health inequalities
by Mclean, Carl & Campbell, Catherine & Cornish, Flora
January 2003, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 203-217 Two views of self-rated general health status
by Bailis, Daniel S. & Segall, Alexander & Chipperfield, Judith G.
- 219-234 Inherited burden of disease: agricultural dams and the persistence of bloody urine (Schistosomiasis hematobium) in the Upper East Region of Ghana, 1959-1997
by Hunter, John M.
- 235-245 Understanding lesbians' healthcare behaviour: the case of breast self-examination
by Fish, J. & Wilkinson, S.
- 247-257 Social relations and depressive symptoms in older adults with knee osteoarthritis
by Sherman, Aurora M.
- 259-269 Volunteering and depression: the role of psychological and social resources in different age groups
by Musick, Marc A. & Wilson, John
- 271-284 Unraveling the mysteries of timing: women's perceptions about time to treatment for cardiac symptoms
by Schoenberg, Nancy E. & Peters, Jane C. & Drew, Elaine M.
- 285-297 The feasibility of using ethnicity as a primary tool for antenatal selective screening for sickle cell disorders: pointers from the research evidence
by Aspinall, Peter J. & Dyson, Simon M. & Anionwu, Elizabeth N.
- 299-312 Subjective experiences of stigma. A focus group study of schizophrenic patients, their relatives and mental health professionals
by Schulze, Beate & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
- 313-320 Online commentary during the physical examination: a communication tool for avoiding inappropriate antibiotic prescribing?
by Mangione-Smith, Rita & Stivers, Tanya & Elliott, Marc & McDonald, Laurie & Heritage, John
- 321-332 Disability and a sense of community belonging A study among tetraplegic spinal-cord-injured persons in France
by Ville, Isabelle & Crost, Monique & Ravaud, Jean-François
- 333-342 The impact of public voluntary health insurance on private health expenditures in Vietnam
by Jowett, M. & Contoyannis, P. & Vinh, N. D.
- 343-353 Technical and cost efficiency of oral health care provision in Finnish health centres
by Linna, Miika & Nordblad, Anne & Koivu, Matti
- 355-361 Social mobility and self-reported limiting long-term illness among West Indian and South Asian migrants living in England and Wales
by Harding, Seeromanie
- 363-374 Gender differences in physical activity in older children and adolescents: the central role of organized sport
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar & Kristjansdottir, Gudrun
- 375-386 How can we learn to live with pain? A Q-methodological analysis of the diverse understandings of acceptance of chronic pain
by Risdon, Andrea & Eccleston, Chris & Crombez, Geert & McCracken, Lance
- 387-403 The influence of attractiveness factors and distance to general practice surgeries by level of social disadvantage and global access in Perth, Western Australia
by Hyndman, Jilda C. G. & Holman, C. D'Arcy J. & Pritchard, Douglas A.
- 405-413 Mortality after spousal loss: are there socio-demographic differences?
by Manor, Orly & Eisenbach, Zvi
- 415-424 Concepts of arthritis in India's medical traditions: Ayurvedic and Unani perspectives
by Pugh, Judy F.
January 2003, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-15 Frequent job change and associated health
by Metcalfe, Chris & Davey Smith, George & Sterne, Jonathan A. C. & Heslop, Pauline & Macleod, John & Hart, Carole
- 17-29 Children in classrooms: peer status, status distribution and mental well-being
by Östberg, Viveca
- 31-39 Sex differences in health at ages 11, 13 and 15
by Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick
- 41-52 Adolescent smoking and family structure in Europe
by Griesbach, Dawn & Amos, Amanda & Currie, Candace
- 67-81 The clinical governance of the soul: 'deep management' and the self-regulating subject in integrated community mental health teams
by Brown, Brian & Crawford, Paul
- 83-94 Eliciting the smoker's agenda: implications for policy and practice
by McKie, L. & Laurier, E. & Taylor, R. J. & Lennox, A. S.
- 95-109 Judging the quality of care at the end of life: can proxies provide reliable information?
by McPherson, C. J. & Addington-Hall, J. M.
- 111-124 Women, international migration and self-reported health. A population-based study of women of reproductive age
by Iglesias, Edgar & Robertson, Eva & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Engfeldt, Peter & Sundquist, Jan
- 125-134 Gender inequalities, intimate partner violence and HIV preventive practices: findings of a South African cross-sectional study
by Jewkes, Rachel K. & Levin, Jonathan B. & Penn-Kekana, Loveday A.
- 135-147 Children and adolescents who sell sex: a community study
by Pedersen, Willy & Hegna, Kristinn
- 149-165 Unsafe sexual behaviour in South African youth
by Eaton, Liberty & Flisher, Alan J. & Aarø, Leif E.
- 167-178 Unplanned childbearing in Kenya: the socio-demographic correlates and the extent of repeatability among women
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi
- 179-191 Women's health and the internet: understanding emerging trends and implications
by Pandey, Sanjay K. & Hart, John J. & Tiwary, Sheela
- 193-202 Depression as a predictor of return to work in patients with coronary artery disease
by Söderman, Eva & Lisspers, Jan & Sundin, Örjan
December 2002, Volume 55, Issue 12
- 2083-2092 Income inequality, residential poverty clustering and infant mortality: a study in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by Szwarcwald, Célia Landmann & Andrade, Carla Lourenço Tavares de & Bastos, Francisco Inácio
- 2093-2105 Puerto Rican understandings of child disability: methods for the cultural validation of standardized measures of child health
by Gannotti, Mary E. & Handwerker, W. Penn
- 2107-2119 Birth spacing, sibling rivalry and child mortality in India
by Whitworth, Alison & Stephenson, Rob
- 2121-2130 Investigating starting-point bias: a survey of willingness to pay for insecticide-treated nets
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Nwagbo, Douglas
- 2131-2140 Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and hopelessness: psychosocial factors
by Plahuta, Janice M. & McCulloch, B. Jan & Kasarskis, Edward J. & Ross, Mark A. & Walter, Rhoda A. & McDonald, Evelyn R.
- 2141-2148 Perceptions of philosophic and practice differences between US osteopathic physicians and their allopathic counterparts
by Johnson, Shirley M. & Kurtz, Margot E.
- 2149-2158 The role of adaptation to disability and disease in health state valuation: a preliminary normative analysis
by Menzel, Paul & Dolan, Paul & Richardson, Jeff & Olsen, Jan Abel
- 2159-2169 The impact of the changing marital structure on fertility of Hong Kong SAR (Special Administrative Region)
by Yip, Paul S. F. & Lee, Joseph
- 2171-2175 Differences in low-birthweight among documented and undocumented foreign-born and US-born Latinas
by Kelaher, Margaret & Jessop, Dorothy Jones
- 2177-2188 Determinants of and inequalities in self-perceived health in Ukraine
by Gilmore, Anna B. C. & McKee, Martin & Rose, Richard
- 2189-2191 Drawing lines in the sand: the boundaries of the HIV pandemic in perspective
by Shapiro, Roger L.
- 2193-2200 From retreat to health centre: legislation, commercial opportunity and the repositioning of a Victorian private asylum
by Joseph, Alun E. & Moon, Graham
- 2201-2213 Catching waves: the historical geography of the general practice fundholding initiative in England and Wales
by Moon, Graham & Mohan, John & Twigg, Liz & McGrath, Kevin & Pollock, Allyson
- 2215-2226 Strategies to improve adherence to recommended chloroquine treatment regimes: a quasi-experiment in the context of integrated primary health care delivery in Ghana
by Agyepong, Irene Akua & Ansah, Evelyn & Gyapong, Margaret & Adjei, Sam & Barnish, Guy & Evans, David
- 2227-2241 The social and psychological impact of the chemical contamination incident in Weston Village, UK: a qualitative analysis
by Barnes, Geoffrey & Baxter, Jamie & Litva, Andrea & Staples, Brian
- 2243-2252 Race/ethnicity and depressive symptoms: a cross-cultural/ethnic comparison among university students in East Asia, North and South America
by Iwata, Noboru & Buka, Stephen
- 2253-2265 Health care reform in Russia: a survey of head doctors and insurance administrators
by Twigg, Judyth L.
- 2267-2282 Using the DATCAP and ASI to estimate the costs and benefits of residential addiction treatment in the State of Washington
by French, Michael T. & Salomé, Helena J. & Carney, Molly
December 2002, Volume 55, Issue 11
- 1891-1904 Cultural correlates of youth suicide
by Eckersley, Richard & Dear, Keith
- 1905-1921 The contribution of medical care to changing life expectancy in Germany and Poland
by Nolte, Ellen & Scholz, Rembrandt & Shkolnikov, Vladimir & McKee, Martin
- 1923-1928 On the measurement of relative and absolute income-related health inequality
by Clarke, Philip M. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus & Bingefors, Kerstin & Smith, Len
- 1929-1946 Economic role of solidarity and social capital in accessing modern health care services in the Ivory Coast
by Ayé, Marcellin & Champagne, François & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre
- 1947-1955 Qualitative differences among cancer clinical trial explanations
by Roberts, Felicia
- 1957-1973 Lifetime risk factors for women's psychological distress in midlife
by Kuh, Diana & Hardy, Rebecca & Rodgers, Bryan & Wadsworth, Michael E. J.
- 1975-1988 Change in psychological and vasomotor symptom reporting during the menopause
by Hardy, Rebecca & Kuh, Diana
- 1989-2004 Childhood and adulthood risk factors for socio-economic differentials in psychological distress: evidence from the 1958 British birth cohort
by Power, C. & Stansfeld, S. A. & Matthews, S. & Manor, O. & Hope, S.
- 2005-2016 Building an inter-disciplinary science of health inequalities: the example of lifecourse research
by Graham, Hilary
- 2017-2031 Exploring the determinants of health for First Nations peoples in Canada: can existing frameworks accommodate traditional activities?
by Wilson, Kathleen & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 2033-2052 Unemployment and health: contextual-level influences on the production of health in populations
by Béland, Francois & Birch, Stephen & Stoddart, Greg
- 2053-2060 SWAp dynamics in a decentralized context: experiences from Uganda
by Jeppsson, Anders
- 2061-2072 Afghan refugees and the temporal and spatial distribution of malaria in Pakistan
by Rowland, Mark & Rab, Mohammad Abdur & Freeman, Tim & Durrani, Naeem & Rehman, Naveeda
November 2002, Volume 55, Issue 10
- 1693-1712 Choices about treatment for ARI and diarrhea in rural Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Gragnolati, Michele
- 1713-1724 The changing nature of murder in Russia
by Chervyakov, Valeriy V. & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Pridemore, William Alex & McKee, Martin
- 1725-1744 Development of a questionnaire for quantitative assessment in the field of health and human rights
by Wildner, Manfred & Fischer, Richela & Brunner, Anne
- 1745-1755 Entering the well-guarded fortress: alternative practitioners in hospital settings
by Shuval, Judith T. & Mizrachi, Nissim & Smetannikov, Emma
- 1757-1769 Being deaf and being other things: young Asian people negotiating identities
by Ahmad, Waqar I. U. & Atkin, Karl & Jones, Lesley
- 1771-1777 Clinical autonomy, individual and collective: the problem of changing doctors' behaviour
by Armstrong, David
- 1779-1794 Equity in health care access to: assessing the urban health insurance reform in China
by Liu, Gordon G. & Zhao, Zhongyun & Cai, Renhua & Yamada, Tetsuji & Yamada, Tadashi
- 1795-1802 Illness management strategies among Chinese immigrants living with arthritis
by Zhang, Jinjin & Verhoef, Marja J.
- 1803-1812 The influence of the Chinese zodiac on fertility in Hong Kong SAR
by Yip, Paul S. F. & Lee, Joseph & Cheung, Y. B.
- 1813-1816 Chronic pain in land mine accident survivors in Cambodia and Kurdistan
by Husum, Hans & Resell, Kirsten & Vorren, Gyri & Heng, Yang Van & Murad, Mudhafar & Gilbert, Mads & Wisborg, Torben
- 1817-1828 The effects of migration on the detection of geographic differences in disease risk
by Rogerson, Peter A. & Han, Daikwon
- 1829-1833 Radically changing the research framework during a health geography study
by Baer, Leonard D.
- 1835-1847 Parenting in a crisis: conceptualising mothers of children with cancer
by Young, Bridget & Dixon-Woods, Mary & Findlay, Michelle & Heney, David
- 1849-1869 Utilization of maternal health care services in Southern India
by Navaneetham, K. & Dharmalingam, A.
- 1871-1885 Inter and intra individual variations in physicians' verbal behaviour during primary care consultations
by Piccolo, Lidia Del & Mazzi, Mariangela & Saltini, Anna & Zimmermann, Christa
November 2002, Volume 55, Issue 9
- 1493-1509 Young men in 'crisis': attending to the language of teenage boys' distress
by McQueen, Carolyn & Henwood, Karen
- 1511-1522 Vaginal wetness: an underestimated problem experienced by progestogen injectable contraceptive users in South Africa
by Smit, Jennifer & McFadyen, Lynn & Zuma, Khangelani & Preston-Whyte, Eleanor
- 1523-1537 Change in determinants of use of physician services in Finland between 1987 and 1996
by Häkkinen, Unto
- 1539-1551 Balancing responsibility for sanitation
by Allison, Maria Clasina
- 1553-1560 Beneficial effects of a woman-focused development programme on child survival: evidence from rural Bangladesh
by Bhuiya, Abbas & Chowdhury, Mushtaque
- 1561-1570 A note on the use of a single inequality index in testing the effect of income distribution on mortality
by Laporte, Audrey
- 1571-1578 Dutch GPs' perceptions: the influence of out-of-pocket costs on prescribing
by Kasje, W. N. & Timmer, J. W. & Boendermaker, P. M. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F. M.
- 1579-1587 Factors influencing private health providers' technical quality of care for acute respiratory infections among under-five children in rural West Bengal, India
by Chakraborty, Sarbani & Frick, Kevin
- 1589-1602 Prevalence of battering among 1780 outpatients at an internal medicine institution in Mexico
by Díaz-Olavarrieta, Claudia & Ellertson, Charlotte & Paz, Francisco & de Leon, Samuel Ponce & Alarcon-Segovia, Donato
- 1603-1617 Risk factors for domestic violence: findings from a South African cross-sectional study
by Jewkes, Rachel & Levin, Jonathan & Penn-Kekana, Loveday
- 1619-1633 Living with asthma: the experiences of young people at home and at school
by Gabe, Jonathan & Bury, Michael & Ramsay, Rosemary
- 1635-1646 The effect of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) on health service utilisation of a Chinese population
by Lam, Cindy L. K. & Fong, Daniel Y. T. & Lauder, Ian J. & Lam, Tai-Pong D.
- 1647-1661 Ethnicity, environment and health: putting ethnic inequalities in health in their place
by Karlsen, Saffron & Nazroo, James Y. & Stephenson, Rob
- 1663-1669 High-frequency death certifiers in Taiwan: a sociocultural product
by Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Janes, Craig R. & Lee, Meng-Chih & Chou, Ming-Chih & Shih, Tai-Ping
- 1671-1690 Transnational industrial power, the medical profession and the regulatory state: adverse drug reactions and the crisis over the safety of Halcion in the Netherlands and the UK
by Abraham, John
October 2002, Volume 55, Issue 8
- 1285-1296 Homeopath & patient-a dyad of harmony?
by Frank, R.
- 1297-1307 Migration and HIV prevention programmes: linking structural factors, culture, and individual behaviour--an Israeli experience
by Soskolne, Varda & Shtarkshall, Ronny A.
- 1309-1323 Cross-cultural encounters between careproviders: rabbis' referral letters to a psychiatric clinic in Israel
by Goodman, Yehuda & Witztum, Eliezer
- 1325-1336 Researching sexual and reproductive behaviour: a peer ethnographic approach
by Price, Neil & Hawkins, Kirstan
- 1337-1349 The lesser shame: abortion among educated women in southern Cameroon
by Johnson-Hanks, Jennifer
- 1351-1371 Adolescent understandings of political violence and psychological well-being: a qualitative study from Bosnia Herzegovina
by Jones, Lynne
- 1373-1383 Social capital and violence in the United States, 1974-1993
by Galea, Sandro & Karpati, Adam & Kennedy, Bruce
- 1385-1399 Who's at risk? Factors associated with intimate partner violence in the Philippines
by Hindin, Michelle J. & Adair, Linda S.
- 1401-1413 Physician evaluation of obesity in health surveys: "who are you calling fat?"
by Ferraro, Kenneth F. & Holland, Kimberlee B.
- 1415-1424 Self-rated economic condition and the health of elderly persons in Hong Kong
by Cheng, Y. H. & Chi, I. & Boey, K. W. & Ko, L. S. F. & Chou, K. L.
- 1425-1434 The instrumental uses of autonomy: A review of AIDS law and policy in Europe
by Harrington, John A
- 1435-1446 Barriers, facilitators, and access for wheelchair users: sbstantive and methodologic lessons from a pilot study of environmental effects
by Meyers, Allan R. & Anderson, Jennifer J. & Miller, Donald R. & Shipp, Kathy & Hoenig, Helen
- 1447-1455 The changing nature of contracts in German health care
by Riemer-Hommel, Petra
- 1457-1470 Neighborhood structural characteristics and mental disorder: Faris and Dunham revisited
by Silver, Eric & Mulvey, Edward P. & Swanson, Jeffrey W.
- 1471-1483 'Could you please pass one of those health leaflets along?': exploring health, morality and resistance through focus groups
by Crossley, Michele L.
October 2002, Volume 55, Issue 7
- 1079-1087 Discourse in different voices: reconciling N=1 and N=many
by Little, Miles & Jordens, Christopher F. C. & Paul, Kim & Sayers, Emma-Jane & Cruickshank, Jane Ann & Stegeman, Jantine & Montgomery, Kathleen
- 1089-1102 Increasing use of prenatal care in Ladakh (India): the roles of ecological and cultural factors
by Wiley, Andrea S.
- 1103-1113 Syringe type and drug injector risk for HIV infection: a case study in Texas
by Zule, William A. & Desmond, David P. & Neff, James Alan
- 1115-1127 "Come back when you're dying:" the commodification of AIDS among California's urban poor
by Crane, Johanna & Quirk, Kathleen & van der Straten, Ariane
- 1129-1142 Rural families caring for a relative with dementia: barriers to use of formal services
by Morgan, Debra G. & Semchuk, Karen M. & Stewart, Norma J. & D'Arcy, Carl
- 1143-1156 Concepts of iron deficiency anemia and public health measures in rural Costa Rica
by Jefferds, Mariaelena D.
- 1157-1172 The health capital of families: an investigation of the inter-spousal correlation in health status
by Wilson, Sven E.