The determinants of dentists' productivity and the measurement of output
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Stephen J. Duckett, 2006. "Next Steps in Health Workforce Reform," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 39(3), pages 318-322, September.
- Sintonen, Harri & Linnosmaa, Ismo, 2000. "Economics of dental services," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 24, pages 1251-1296, Elsevier.
- Gray, Alastair McI, 1982. "The Production of Dental Care in the British National Health Service," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 29(1), pages 59-74, February.
- Grytten, Jostein & Dalen, Dag Morten, 1997. "Too many for too few? Efficiency among dentists working in private practice in Norway," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 483-497, August.
- Jacobs,Rowena & Smith,Peter C. & Street,Andrew, 2006. "Measuring Efficiency in Health Care," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521851442, January.
- W. David Bradford & Andrew N. Kleit & Marie A. Krousel-Wood & Richard N. Re, 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Estimation Of Cost Models Within The Hospital," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 302-309, May.
- Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen, 2012. "Provider incentives and access to dental care: Evaluating NHS reforms in England," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2515-2521.
- DeVany, Arthur S & Gramm, Wendy L & Saving, Thomas R & Smithson, Charles W, 1982. "The Impact of Input Regulation: The Case of the U.S. Dental Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(2), pages 367-381, October.
- George E. Battese, 1997. "A Note On The Estimation Of Cobb‐Douglas Production Functions When Some Explanatory Variables Have Zero Values," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1‐3), pages 250-252, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999.
"U.S. Food and Nutrient Demand and the Effects of Agricultural Policies,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt52h9v4dq, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999. "U.S. Food and Nutrient Demand and the Effects of Agricultural Policies," CUDARE Working Papers 25007, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999. "U.S. Food and Nutrient Demand and the Effects of Agricultural Policies," New Economic Approaches to Consumer Welfare and Nutrition - FAMC 1999 Conference 260289, Food and Agricultural Marketing Consortium (FAMC).
- Steinbuks, Jevgenijs & Narayanan, Badri G., 2015. "Fossil fuel producing economies have greater potential for industrial interfuel substitution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 168-177.
- HSIAO, Cheng & SHEN, Yan & BIAN, Wenlong, 2015.
"Evaluating the effectiveness of China's financial reform—The efficiency of China's domestic banks,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 70-82.
- Cheng Hsiao & Yan Shen & Wenlong Bian, 2016. "Evaluating the Effectiveness of China's Financial Reform The Efficiency of China's Domestic Banks," Working Papers 2016-02-21, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Thomas P. Triebs & David S. Saal & Pablo Arocena & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2016.
"Estimating economies of scale and scope with flexible technology,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 173-186, April.
- Thomas Triebs & David Saal & Pablo Arocena & Subal Kumbhakar, 2016. "Estimating economies of scale and scope with flexible technology," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 173-186, April.
- Thomas Triebs & David S. Saal & Pablo Arocena & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012. "Estimating Economies of Scale and Scope with Flexible Technology," ifo Working Paper Series 142, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Triebs, Thomas P. & Saal, David S. & Arocena, Pablo & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2016. "Estimating economies of scale and scope with flexible technology," Munich Reprints in Economics 43531, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Paul Azam & Flore Gubert, 2005.
"Those in Kayes. The Impact of Remittances on Their Recipients in Africa,"
Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 56(6), pages 1331-1358.
- Jean-Paul Azam & Flore Gubert, 2002. "Those in Kayes. The impact of remittances on their recipients in Africa," Working Papers DT/2002/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Gubert, Flore, 2004. "Those in Kayes: The Impact of Remittances on their Recipients in Africa," IDEI Working Papers 308, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Hao, James C.J. & Chou, Lin-Yhi, 2005. "The estimation of efficiency for life insurance industry: The case in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 847-860, October.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Magnus Kellermann & Simon PrÃ¶ll & Klaus Salhofer, 2018.
"Markups and product differentiation in the German brewing sector,"
Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(1), pages 61-76, December.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Magnus Kellermann & Simon Pröll & Klaus Salhofer, 2017. "Markup and Product Differentiation in the German Brewing Sector," Working Papers 682017, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
- Karagiannis, Giannis & Kellermann, Magnus & Pröll, Simon & Salhofer, Klaus, 2017. "Markup And Product Differentiation In The German Brewing Sector," 57th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 13-15, 2017 262148, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2015.
"Technology Diffusion and Productivity Growth in Health Care,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 97(5), pages 951-964, December.
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2009. "Technology Diffusion and Productivity Growth in Health Care," NBER Working Papers 14865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nils Gutacker & Chris Bojke & Silvio Daidone & Nancy J. Devlin & David Parkin & Andrew Street, 2013.
"Truly Inefficient Or Providing Better Quality Of Care? Analysing The Relationship Between Risk‐Adjusted Hospital Costs And Patients' Health Outcomes,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 931-947, August.
- Nils Gutacker & Chris Bojke & Silvio Daidone & Nancy Devlin & David Parkin & Andrew Street, 2011. "Truly inefficient or providing better quality of care? Analysing the relationship between riskadjusted hospital costs and patients’ health outcomes," Working Papers 068cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-03109041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mehdi Farsi, 2008. "The temporal variation of cost-efficiency in Switzerland’s hospitals: an application of mixed models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 155-168, October.
- Yaguchi, Yu, 1994. "A panel data approach to the intercountry metaproduction function," ISU General Staff Papers 1994010108000018181, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Terance J. Rephann & Tanya Wanchek, 2012. "Filling the Gaps: Dentist Disparities along the Rural Urban Continuum," Working Papers 2012-02, Center for Economic and Policy Studies.
- Bostian, Moriah B. & Dupraz, Pierre & Minviel, Jean Joseph, 2015.
"Production effects of wetland conservation: evidence from France,"
210465, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Moriah B. Bostian & Pierre Dupraz & Jean Minviel, 2015. "Production effects of wetland conservation: evidence from France [Les impacts productifs de la conservation des zones humides : application française]," Working Papers hal-02796850, HAL.
- Moriah B. Bostian. & Pierre Dupraz & Jean Joseph Minviel, 2015. "Production effects of wetland conservation: evidence from France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-12, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Singh, Sanjay K., 2014. "An inquiry into the cost structure of state transport undertakings in India," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-8.
- Pedro Barros & Sara Machado, 2010. "Money for nothing?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 234-255, September.
- Nchinda, Valentine P. & Villano, Renato A. & Hadley, David & Morales, Emilio L., 2016. "Performance of smallholder minisett seed yam farm enterprises in Cameroon," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(4), pages 1-15, December.
- Myunghun Lee & Hwan-Ok Ma, 2001. "Substitution Possibility between Unpriced Pulp and Wastepaper in the U.S. Paper and Paperboard Industry," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(3), pages 251-273, March.
- John Buckell & Andrew Smith & Roberta Longo & David Holland, 2013. "Health inefficiency and unobservable heterogeneity - empirical evidence from pathology services in the UK National Health Service," Working Papers 1307, Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds.
- John A. Romley & Dana P. Goldman, 2011.
"How Costly is Hospital Quality? A Revealed‐Preference Approach,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 578-608, December.
- John A. Romley & Dana Goldman, 2008. "How Costly Is Hospital Quality? A Revealed-Preference Approach," NBER Working Papers 13730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christoph Pross & Christoph Strumann & Alexander Geissler & Helmut Herwartz & Nadja Klein, 2018. "Quality and resource efficiency in hospital service provision: A geoadditive stochastic frontier analysis of stroke quality of care in Germany," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(9), pages 1-30, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAustralia; Dental care; Productivity; LSDPA; Output measurement; Returns to scale;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:124:y:2015:i:c:p:76-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.