Filling the Gaps: Dentist Disparities along the Rural Urban Continuum
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Carpenter & Stephen Neun, 1999. "An analysis of the location decision of young primary care physicians," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 27(2), pages 135-149, June.
- McGranahan, David A., 1999. "Natural Amenities Drive Rural Population Change," Agricultural Economic Reports 33955, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morris M. Kleiner, 2006. "Licensing Occupations: Ensuring Quality or Restricting Competition?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number lo, December.
- Cromwell, Jerry & Mitchell, Janet B., 1986. "Physician-induced demand for surgery," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 293-313, December.
- Sintonen, Harri & Linnosmaa, Ismo, 2000. "Economics of dental services," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.),Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 24, pages 1251-1296, Elsevier.
- Rephann, Terance & Isserman, Andrew, 1994. "New highways as economic development tools: An evaluation using quasi-experimental matching methods," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 723-751, December.
- Mueller, Curt D. & Monheit, Alan C., 1988. "Insurance coverage and the demand for dental care : Results for non-aged white adults," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 59-72, March.
- Yule, Brian & Parkin, David, 1985. "The demand for dental care: An assessment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 753-760, January.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Kyoung Won Park, 2010. "Battles Among Licensed Occupations: Analyzing Government Regulations on Labor Market Outcomes for Dentists and Hygienists," NBER Working Papers 16560, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tanya Wanchek, 2010. "Dental Hygiene Regulation and Access to Oral Healthcare: Assessing the Variation across the US States," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 706-725, December.
- Dale Ballou & Michael Podgursky, 1998. "Teacher recruitment and retention in public and private schools," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 393-417.
- Correia Isabel & Veiga Paula, 2010. "Geographic distribution of physicians in Portugal," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(4), pages 383-393, August.
- Bound, John & Groen, Jeffrey & Kezdi, G.Gabor & Turner, Sarah, 2004. "Trade in university training: cross-state variation in the production and stock of college-educated labor," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 143-173.
- DeVany, Arthur S & Gramm, Wendy L & Saving, Thomas R & Smithson, Charles W, 1982. "The Impact of Input Regulation: The Case of the U.S. Dental Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(2), pages 367-381, October.
More about this item
Keywordsdentists; distribution; spatial econometrics; rural-urban continuum;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vac:wpaper:wp12-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William M. Shobe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceuvaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.