Landscapes and regional development: What are the links?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Scheinkman, JoseA. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1995.
"Economic growth in a cross-section of cities,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 117-143, August.
- Glaeser, E.L. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1993. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1645, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1995. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," NBER Working Papers 5013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mbolatiana Rambonilaza, 2004.
"Évaluation de la demande de paysage : état de l’art et réflexions sur la méthode du transfert des benefices,"
Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 70, pages 77-101.
- Rambonilaza, Mbolatiana, 2004. "Évaluation de la demande de paysage : état de l’art et réflexions sur la méthode du transfert des benefices," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 0.
- Edward L. Glaeser, Jed Kolko, and Albert Saiz, 2001.
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 27-50, January.
- Ed Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," NBER Working Papers 7790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1901, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1991. "The Structure of Local Public Finance and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 774-806, August.
- Vollet, Dominique, 1998. "Estimating the Direct and Indirect Impact of Residential and Recreational Functions on Rural Areas: An Application to Five Small Areas of France," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 528-549.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Jean-Christophe Dissart, 2005. "Installations récréatives extérieures et développement économique régional : le cas des zones rurales isolées aux États-Unis," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(2), pages 217-248.
- Green, Gary Paul, 2001. "Amenities and Community Economic Development: Strategies for Sustainability," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-15.
- Bernard Pecqueur, 2001. "Qualité et développement territorial: l'hypothèse du panier de biens et de services territorialisés," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 261(1), pages 37-49.
- McGranahan, David A., 1999. "Natural Amenities Drive Rural Population Change," Agricultural Economics Reports 33955, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Cebula, Richard & Vedder, Richard, 1972. "A Note on Migration, Economic Opportunity, and the Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 49824, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 1972.
- William J. Kahley, 1991. "Population migration in the United States: a survey of research," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jan, pages 12-21.
- Peter G. McGregor & Eric P. McVittie & J. Kim Swales & Ya Ping Yin, 2000. "The Neoclassical Economic Base Multiplier," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-31.
- Amédée Mollard, 2001. "Qualité et développement territorial: une grille d'analyse théorique à partir de la rente," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 263(1), pages 16-34.
- William H. Crown, 1991. "Migration and Regional Economic Growth: An Origin-Destination Model," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 5(1), pages 45-59, February.
- Graves, Philip E., 1979.
"A life-cycle empirical analysis of migration and climate, by race,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 135-147, April.
- Graves, Philip E., 1979. "A life-cycle empirical analysis of migration and climate, by race," MPRA Paper 19921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Steven C. Deller & Tsung-Hsiu (Sue) Tsai & David W. Marcouiller & Donald B.K. English, 2001. "The Role of Amenities and Quality of Life In Rural Economic Growth," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 352-365.
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- B Ã“ HuallachÃ¡in, 1990. "The Location of US Manufacturing: Some Empirical Evidence on Recent Geographical Shifts," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 22(9), pages 1205-1222, September.
- Cecilia Wong, 1998. "Determining Factors for Local Economic Development: The Perception of Practitioners in the North West and Eastern Regions of the UK," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 707-720.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Kahn, Matthew & Tracy, Joseph, 1999. "Quality of life and environmental comparisons," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 1413-1454 Elsevier.
- Robert Foster, 1977. "Economic and quality of life factors in industrial location decisions," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 247-265, January.
- Blomquist, Glenn C & Berger, Mark C & Hoehn, John P, 1988. "New Estimates of Quality of Life in Urban Areas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 89-107, March.
- Mueser Peter R. & Graves Philip E., 1995. "Examining the Role of Economic Opportunity and Amenities in Explaining Population Redistribution," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 176-200, March.
- Graves, Philip E., 1983. "Migration with a composite amenity: the role of rents," MPRA Paper 19917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christiane von Reichert & Gundars Rudzitis, 1992. "Multinomial Logistic Models Explaining Income Changes Of Migrants To High-Amenity Counties," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 22(1), pages 25-42, Summer.
- Raymond Currie & Shiva Halli, 1989. "Mixed motivations for migration in the urban prairies: A comparative approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 481-499, October.
- Paul D. Gottlieb, 1994. "Amenities as an Economic Development Tool: Is there Enough Evidence?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 8(3), pages 270-285, August.
- Dominique Vollet & Yves Dion, 2001. "Les apports potentiels des modèles de la base économique pour guider la décision publique. Illustration à partir de quelques exemples français et québécois," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(2), pages 179-196.
- Bertrand Schmitt & Mark Henry & Virginie Piguet & Mohamed Hilal, 2006. "Urban growth effects on rural population, export and service employment: evidence from eastern France," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(4), pages 779-801, December.
- Kusmin, Lorin D., 1994. "Factors Associated with the Growth of Local and Regional Economies: A Review of Selected Empirical Literature," Staff Reports 278733, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Philippe Perrier-Cornet & Christophe Soulard, 2003. "Prospective des espaces ruraux français à l'horizon 2020," INRA Sciences Sociales, INRA Department of Economics.
- Knapp, Thomas A. & Graves, Philip E., 1989. "On the role of amenities in models of migration and regional development," MPRA Paper 19914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rudiger Elsholz & Johannes Harsche, 2014. "Determinants of regional disparities in farm income: markets or policy?," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 16(1), pages 13-36.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:inrace:189740. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inratfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.