Alternative tourism-timber dependencies and the development of forested rural regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John E. Wagner & Steven C. Deller, 1998. "Measuring the Effects of Economic Diversity on Growth and Stability," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 541-556.
- Kwang-Koo Kim & David W. Marcouiller & Steven C. Deller, 2005. "Natural Amenities and Rural Development: Understanding Spatial and Distributional Attributes," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 273-297.
- Michael E. Porter, 1996. "Competitive Advantage, Agglomeration Economies, and Regional Policy," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 19(1-2), pages 85-90, April.
- David B. Audretsch, 2003. "Innovation And Spatial Externalities," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 26(2), pages 167-174, April.
- Green, Gary Paul, 2001. "Amenities and Community Economic Development: Strategies for Sustainability," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-15.
- John C. Leatherman & David W. Marcouiller, 1996. "Estimating Tourism's Share Of Local Income From Secondary Data Sources," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 26(3), pages 317-339, Winter.
- Wagner, John E., 2000. "Regional Economic Diversity: Action, Concept, or State of Confusion," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-22.
- Graves, Philip E., 1979.
"A life-cycle empirical analysis of migration and climate, by race,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 135-147, April.
- Graves, Philip E., 1979. "A life-cycle empirical analysis of migration and climate, by race," MPRA Paper 19921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lewis, David K. & Turner, David P. & Winjum, Jack K., 1996. "An inventory-based procedure to estimate economic costs of forest management on a regional scale to conserve and sequester atmospheric carbon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 35-49, January.
- Albert Chevan & Randall Stokes, 2000. "Growth in family income inequality, 1970–1990: Industrial restructuring and demographic change," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 37(3), pages 365-380, August.
- John C. Leatherman & David W. Marcouiller, 1999. "Moving Beyond the Modeling of Regional Economic Growth: A Study of How Income is Distributed to Rural Households," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 13(1), pages 38-45, February.
- John Keith & Christopher Fawson, 1995. "Economic development in rural Utah: is wilderness recreation the answer?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 29(3), pages 303-313.
- Bernard Fingleton, 2003. "Externalities, Economic Geography, And Spatial Econometrics: Conceptual And Modeling Developments," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 26(2), pages 197-207, April.
- Luc Anselin, 2003. "Spatial Externalities, Spatial Multipliers, And Spatial Econometrics," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 26(2), pages 153-166, April.
- Graves, Philip E., 1983. "Migration with a composite amenity: the role of rents," MPRA Paper 19917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul D. Gottlieb, 1994. "Amenities as an Economic Development Tool: Is there Enough Evidence?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 8(3), pages 270-285, August.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Serafeim Polyzos & Spyros Sofios, 2008. "Regional Multipliers, Inequalities and Planning in Greece," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 6(1), pages 53-77.
- Bell, Kathleen P. & Crandall, Mindy & Munroe, Darla K. & Colocousis, Chris & Morzillo, Anita, 2018. "Rural forest-based communities, economic shocks, and economic trajectories," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274499, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:9:y:2007:i:6:p:653-670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.