Regional Economic Diversity: Action, Concept, or State of Confusion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David L. Barkley & Mark S. Henry & Shuming Bao, 1996. "Identifying "Spread" versus "Backwash" Effects in Regional Economic Areas: A Density Functions Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(3), pages 336-357.
- John R. Kort, 1981. "Regional Economic Instability and Industrial Diversification in the U.S," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(4), pages 596-608.
- John E. Wagner & Steven C. Deller, 1998. "Measuring the Effects of Economic Diversity on Growth and Stability," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 541-556.
- Michael J. Wasylenko & Rodney A. Erickson, 1978. ""On Measuring Economic Diversification": Comment," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(1), pages 106-109.
- David W. Hughes & David W. Holland, 1994. "Core-Periphery Economic Linkage: A Measure of Spread and Possible Backwash Effects for the Washington Economy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(3), pages 364-377.
- Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 1998. "original: Spatial perspectives on new theories of economic growth," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 32(1), pages 7-37.
- Deller, Steven C. & Chicoine, David L., 1989. "Economic Diversification and the Rural Economy: Evidence from Consumer Behavior," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 19(2).
- Waters, Edward C. & Holland, David W. & Weber, Bruce A., 1994. "Interregional Effects Of Reduced Timber Harvests: The Impact Of The Northern Spotted Owl Listing In Rural And Urban Oregon," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nissan, Edward & Carter, George, 2010. "States' Nonagricultural Employment at the 3-Digit North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Level," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 40(1).
- Pierre Desrochers & Samuli Leppälä, 2011. "Creative Environments: The Case for Local Economic Diversity," Chapters,in: Handbook of Creative Cities, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roberto Ezcurra, 2011. "Unemployment Volatility and Regional Specialization in the European Union," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(8), pages 1121-1137.
- Steven Deller & Philip Watson, 2016. "Did Regional Economic Diversity Influence The Effects Of The Great Recession?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(4), pages 1824-1838, October.
- Jing Chen, 2018. "Economic Diversity and Regional Economic Performance: A Methodological Concern from Model Uncertainty," Working Papers Working Paper 2018-05, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Bowe, Scott A. & Marcouiller, David W., 2007. "Alternative tourism-timber dependencies and the development of forested rural regions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 653-670, February.
- Valerien O. Pede, 2013. "Diversity And Regional Economic Growth: Evidence From Us Counties," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(3), pages 111-127, September.
- Andrey A. GNIDCHENKO, 2011.
"Defragmentation Of Economic Growth With A Focus On Diversification: Evidence From Russian Economy,"
Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 45-85, June.
- Gnidchenko, Andrey, 2010. "Defragmentation of Economic Growth with a Focus on Diversification: Evidence from Russian Economy," MPRA Paper 27113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elizabeth Mack & Yifan Zhang & Sergio Rey & Ross Maciejewski, 2014. "Spatio-temporal analysis of industrial composition with IVIID: an interactive visual analytics interface for industrial diversity," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 183-209, April.
- Jing Chen, 2018. "Interpreting Economic Diversity as the Presence of Multiple Specializations," Working Papers Working Paper 2018-02, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Richard Stedman & Mike Patriquin & John Parkins, 2012. "Dependence, diversity, and the well-being of rural community: building on the Freudenburg legacy," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 2(1), pages 28-38, March.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gnidchenko, A., 2014. "Decomposing Export Growth into Extensive and Intensive Margins with the Emphasis on Comparative Advantages," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 24(4), pages 38-64.
- Jing Chen, 2017. "Geographical Scale, Industrial Diversity and Regional Economic Stability," Working Papers Working Paper 2017-03, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Gnidchenko, Andrey, 2011. "Моделирование Технологических И Институциональных Эффектов В Макроэкономическом Прогнозировании
[Technological and Institutional Effects Modeling in Macroeconomic Forecasting]," MPRA Paper 35484, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2011.
- Dobis, Elizabeth A. & Delgado, Michael S. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M & Mulder, Peter, 2015. "The Significance of Urban Hierarchy in Explaining Population Dynamics in the United States," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205869, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Xiaobing Shuai, 2013. "Will specialization continue forever? A case study of interactions between industry specialization and diversity," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Inha Oh & Yeongjun Yeo & Jeong-Dong Lee, 2015. "Efficiency versus Equality: Comparing Design Options for Indirect Emissions Accounting in the Korean Emissions Trading Scheme," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(11), pages 1-21, November.
- repec:bla:presci:v:96:y:2017:i:3:p:451-476 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsInstitutional and Behavioral Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jrapmc:132170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mcrsaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.