Sectoral diversification as insurance against economic instability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jan Kluge, 2015. "Sectoral Diversification as Insurance against Economic Instability," ifo Working Paper Series 206, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Raffaella Calabrese & Francesco Porro, 2012. "Single-name concentration risk in credit portfolios: a comparison of concentration indices," Working Papers 201214, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- John R. Kort, 1981. "Regional Economic Instability and Industrial Diversification in the U.S," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(4), pages 596-608.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- John E. Wagner & Steven C. Deller, 1998. "Measuring the Effects of Economic Diversity on Growth and Stability," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 541-556.
- John Baldwin & W. Brown, 2004.
"Regional manufacturing employment volatility in Canada: The effects of specialisation and trade,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(3), pages 519-541, July.
- John Baldwin & W. Brown, 2004. "Regional manufacturing employment volatility in Canada: The effects of specialisation and trade," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 519-541, July.
- Baldwin, John R. Brown, W. Mark, 2003. "Regional Manufacturing Employment Volatility in Canada: The Effects of Specialization and Trade," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2003005e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Michael Weber & Jan Kluge, 2015. "Decomposing the German East-West wage gap," ERSA conference papers ersa15p636, European Regional Science Association.
- Roberto Ezcurra, 2011. "Unemployment Volatility and Regional Specialization in the European Union," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(8), pages 1121-1137.
- Simona Bigerna, 2013. "The Regional Growth-Instability Frontier in Italy," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 463-464, December.
- Pavel A. Yakovlev, 2011. "In uncertainty we trust: a median voter model with risk aversion," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 35(4), pages 465-477.
- Beaudry, Catherine & Schiffauerova, Andrea, 2009. "Who's right, Marshall or Jacobs? The localization versus urbanization debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 318-337, March.
- Siddharth Chandra, 2002. "A Test of the Regional Growth-Instability Frontier Using State Data," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 442-462.
- Bernard Trendle, 2006. "Regional economic instability: the role of industrial diversification and spatial spillovers," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(4), pages 767-778, December.
- Wundt, Bruce D. & Martin, Linda R., 1993. "Minimizing Employment Instability: A Model of Industrial Expansion with Input-Output Considerations," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 23(1), pages 1-20.
- Merton, Robert C., 1972. "An Analytic Derivation of the Efficient Portfolio Frontier," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 1851-1872, September.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Federico Belotti & Silvio Daidone & Vincenzo Atella & Giuseppe Ilardi, 2013. "SFCROSS: Stata module for cross-sectional stochastic frontier models estimation," Statistical Software Components S457635, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Jun 2013.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633.
- William Spelman, 2006. "Growth, Stability, and the Urban Portfolio," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 20(4), pages 299-316, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mup:actaun:actaun_2019067061561 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marina Yurievna Malkina, 2018. "Instability of Financial Return of Regional Economies and Its Determinants," Spatial Economics=Prostranstvennaya Ekonomika, Economic Research Institute, Far Eastern Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences (Khabarovsk, Russia), issue 3, pages 88-114.
- Kurt A. Hafner, 2016.
"Regional industrial diversification: evidence from German gross value added
[Regionale Diversifizierung der Branchenstruktur: Empirische Evidenz aus der Bruttowertschöpfung in den Ländern der Bunde," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 36(2), pages 169-193, October.
- repec:ces:ifodre:v:25:y:2018:i:05:p:21-26 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jregsc:v:58:y:2018:i:1:p:204-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.