Identifying "Spread" versus "Backwash" Effects in Regional Economic Areas: A Density Functions Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- George I. Treyz & Dan S. Rickman & Gang Shao, 1991. "The REMI Economic-Demographic Forecasting and Simulation Model," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 14(3), pages 221-253, December.
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- Oates, Wallace E & Portney, Paul R & McGartland, Albert M, 1989. "The Net Benefits of Incentive-Based Regulation: A Case Study of Environmental Standard Setting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1233-1242.
- Thomas H. Tietenberg, 1980. "Transferable Discharge Permits and the Control of Stationary Source Air Pollution: A Survey and Synthesis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(4), pages 391-416.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, November.
- Krupnick, Alan J. & Oates, Wallace E. & Van De Verg, Eric, 1983. "On marketable air-pollution permits: The case for a system of pollution offsets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 233-247, September.
- Atkinson, Scott & Tietenberg, Tom, 1991. "Market failure in incentive-based regulation: The case of emissions trading," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-31, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paolo Veneri & Vicente Ruiz, 2016.
"Urban-To-Rural Population Growth Linkages: Evidence From Oecd Tl3 Regions,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 3-24, January.
- Paolo Veneri & Vicente Ruiz, 2013. "Urban-to-Rural Population Growth Linkages: Evidence from OECD TL3 Regions," OECD Regional Development Working Papers 2013/3, OECD Publishing.
- Olfert, R. & Berdegué, J. & Escobal, J. & Jara, B. & Modrego, F., 2011. "Places for Place-Based Policies," Working papers 079, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Georgeanne M. Artz & Younjun Kim & Peter F. Orazem, 2016.
"Does Agglomeration Matter Everywhere?: New Firm Location Decisions In Rural And Urban Markets,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 72-95, January.
- Artz, Georgeanne M. & Kim, Younjun & Orazem, Peter, 2014. "Does agglomeration matter everywhere?: new firm location decisions in rural and urban markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 38342, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Ali, Kamar & Olfert, M. Rose, 2010.
"Recent spatial growth dynamics in wages and housing costs: Proximity to urban production externalities and consumer amenities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 440-452, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2009. "Recent Spatial Growth Dynamics in Wages and Housing Costs: Proximity to Urban Production Externalities and Consumer Amenities," Economics Working Paper Series 0906, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Elena G. Irwin & Andrew M. Isserman & Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2010. "A Century of Research on Rural Development and Regional Issues," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 522-553.
- Florence Gofette-Nagot & Bertrand Schmitt, 1997. "Agglomeration economies and spatial configurations in rural areas," Working Papers hal-01526882, HAL.
- Chloé Duvivier, 2013. "Does Urban Proximity Enhance Technical Efficiency? Evidence From Chinese Agriculture," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 923-943, December.
- Joanna P. Ganning & Kathy Baylis & Bumsoo Lee, 2013. "Spread And Backwash Effects For Nonmetropolitan Communities In The U.S," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 464-480, August.
- Joan Moss & Claire Jack & Michael Wallace, 2004. "Employment Location and Associated Commuting Patterns for Individuals in Disadvantaged Rural Areas in Northern Ireland," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 121-136.
- Dinh, Huong & Pearson, Leonie, 2015. "Specifying community economic resilience - a framework for measurement," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202523, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- repec:rrs:journl:v:11:y:2017:i:2:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Midmore, Peter & Whittaker, Julie, 2000. "Economics for sustainable rural systems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 173-189, November.
- Maureen Kilkenny, 2010. "Urban/Regional Economics And Rural Development," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 449-470.
- Wagner, John E., 2000. "Regional Economic Diversity: Action, Concept, or State of Confusion," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 30(2).
- Ann Hartell, 2015. "Contextualizing Location Affordability: Urban Sprawl and Foreclosure," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2015_06, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Mark D. Partridge & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2010. "Rural-to-Urban Commuting: Three Degrees of Integration," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 303-335.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2012.
"Integrating Regional Economic Development Analysis and Land Use Economics,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1203, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2012. "Integrating regional economic development analysis and land use economics," MPRA Paper 38291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henderson, Jason R. & McDaniel, Kendall, 2005. "Natural Amenities and Rural Employment Growth: A Sector Analysis," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 80-96.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:72:y:1996:i:3:p:336-357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .