Amenities and Community Economic Development: Strategies for Sustainability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrom, John C. & Cordell, H. Ken & Watson, Alan E. & Ashley, Gregory A., 1990.
"Economic Impacts of State Parks on State Economies in the South,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 69-77, December.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Cordell, H. Ken & Watson, Alan E. & Ashley, Gregory A., 1990. "Economic Impacts Of State Parks On State Economies In The South," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-9, December.
- Steven C. Deller & Tsung-Hsiu (Sue) Tsai & David W. Marcouiller & Donald B.K. English, 2001. "The Role of Amenities and Quality of Life In Rural Economic Growth," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 352-365.
- Paul D. Gottlieb, 1994. "Amenities as an Economic Development Tool: Is there Enough Evidence?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 8(3), pages 270-285, August.
- McGranahan, David A., 1999. "Natural Amenities Drive Rural Population Change," Agricultural Economics Reports 33955, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- John C. Bergstrom & H. Ken Cordell & Gregory A. Ashley & Alan E. Watson, 1990. "Economic Impacts of Recreational Spending on Rural Areas: A Case Study," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 4(1), pages 29-39, February.
- John C. Leatherman & David W. Marcouiller, 1996. "Estimating Tourism's Share Of Local Income From Secondary Data Sources," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 26(3), pages 317-339, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:60-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ulrich Dilger, 2010. "The Rise Of The Green City In The U.S. - Sustainable Strategies And The Attraction Of Human Capital By Environmental Amenities," NEURUS papers neurusp137, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Fabian Waltert & Felix Schlaepfer, 2007. "The role of landscape amenities in regional development: a survey of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," SOI - Working Papers 0710, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Durden, Garey C. & Gaynor, Patricia E., 2015.
"Publishing in The Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy and an Evaluation (via Citation Counts) of JRAP’s Influence on Scholarship in Regional Science,"
Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy,
Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 2).
- Garey C. Durden & Patricia E. Gaynor, 2014. "Publishing in The Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy and an Evaluation (via Citation Counts) of JRAP’s Influence on Scholarship in Regional Science," Working Papers 14-07, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- repec:ags:jrapmc:133002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deller, Steven C. & Lledo, Victor, 2007. "Amenities and Rural Appalachia Economic Growth," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-26, April.
- Diana Pérez Dacal & Melchor Fernández Fernández & Yolanda Pena Boquete, 2013. "Measuring Tourism Specialization: a composite indicator for the Spanish regions," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0056, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Jean-Christophe Dissart, 2007. "Landscapes and regional development: What are the links?," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 84, pages 61-91.
- Nana Zubek & Christian H.C.A. Henning, 2016. "Local Government, Spatial Spillovers and the Absorption of EU Structural Funds," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 368-397, June.
- Terry Besser & Nancy Miller & Roshan Malik, 2012. "Community Amenity Measurement for the Great Fly-Over Zones," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 106(2), pages 393-405, April.
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:39:y:2017:i:3:p:499-515. is not listed on IDEAS
- Khatiwada, Lila K., 2014. "Modeling and Explaining County-level Prosperity in the U.S," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 2).
- Poudyal, Neelam C. & Hodges, Donald G. & Cordell, H. Ken, 2008. "The role of natural resource amenities in attracting retirees: Implications for economic growth policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 240-248, December.
- Uzi Rebhun & David L. Brown, 2015. "Patterns and selectivities of urban/rural migration in Israel," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 33(5), pages 113-144, July.
- Dissart, Jean-Christophe, 2007. "Landscapes and regional development: What are the links?," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 0.
- Bowe, Scott A. & Marcouiller, David W., 2007. "Alternative tourism-timber dependencies and the development of forested rural regions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 653-670, February.
- Michael Fortunato & Theodore Alter, 2011. "Against the Grain: What Motivates Entrepreneurs to Locate in Pennsylvania's Non-Metropolitan Cities and Boroughs," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1505, European Regional Science Association.
- Jean-Christophe Dissart, 2007. "Landscapes and regional development: What are the links?," Post-Print hal-01201159, HAL.
- Waltert, Fabian & Schläpfer, Felix, 2010. "Landscape amenities and local development: A review of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 141-152, December.
- Shelley M. Kimelberg & Elizabeth Williams, 2013. "Evaluating the Importance of Business Location Factors: The Influence of Facility Type," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 92-117, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jrapmc:132200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mcrsaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.