Prioritization and the elusive effect on welfare – A Norwegian health care reform revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Drummond, Michael F. & Sculpher, Mark J. & Torrance, George W. & O'Brien, Bernie J. & Stoddart, Greg L., 2005. "Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780198529453.
- repec:ags:stataj:264443 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carol Propper, 1995. "The Disutility of Time Spent on the United Kingdom's National Health Service Waiting Lists," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(4), pages 677-700.
- Aakvik, Arild & Holmas, Tor Helge & Kjerstad, Egil, 2003. "A low-key social insurance reform--effects of multidisciplinary outpatient treatment for back pain patients in Norway," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 747-762, September.
- Heckman, James J, 1978.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-959, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1977. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," NBER Working Papers 0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lusine Lusinyan & Leo Bonato, 2007. "Work Absence in Europe," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(3), pages 475-538, July.
- Siciliani, Luigi & Hurst, Jeremy, 2005. "Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 201-215, May.
- Askildsen, Jan Erik & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kaarboe, Oddvar, 2010.
"Prioritization and patients' rights: Analysing the effect of a reform in the Norwegian hospital sector,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 199-208, January.
- Askildsen, Jan Erik & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kaarbøe, Oddvar, 2009. "Prioritization and patients' rights: Analysing the effect of a reform in the Norwegian Hospital Sector," Working Papers in Economics 07/09, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Per Engström & Pathric Hägglund & Per Johansson, 2017.
"Early Interventions and Disability Insurance: Experience from a Field Experiment,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 127(600), pages 363-392, March.
- Engström, Per & Hägglund, Pathric & Johansson, Per, 2012. "Early interventions and disability insurance: Experience from a field experiment," Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies 2012:10, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Engström, Per & Hägglund, Pathric & Johansson, Per, 2012. "Early Interventions and Disability Insurance: Experience from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 6553, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Engström, Per & Hägglund, Pathric & Johansson, Per, 2012. "Early interventions and disability insurance: experience from a field experiment," Working Paper Series 2012:9, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Diane Dawson & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs & Stephen Martin & Peter C. Smith, 2007. "The effects of expanding patient choice of provider on waiting times: evidence from a policy experiment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 113-128.
- Oddvar Kaarboe & Fredrik Carlsen, 2014.
"Waiting Times And Socioeconomic Status. Evidence From Norway,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 93-107, January.
- Carlsen, Fredrik & Kaarbøe, Oddvar Martin, 2010. "Waiting times and socioeconomic status. Evidence from Norway," Working Papers in Economics 08/10, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut & Røgeberg, Ole J. & Gaure, Simen, 2011. "The anatomy of absenteeism," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 277-292, March.
- Iversen, Tor, 1993. "A theory of hospital waiting lists," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-71, April.
- Martin, Stephen & Smith, Peter C., 1999. "Rationing by waiting lists: an empirical investigation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 141-164, January.
- Giovanni Cerulli, 2014. "ivtreatreg: A command for fitting binary treatment models with heterogeneous response to treatment and unobservable selection," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 14(3), pages 453-480, September.
- Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kamrul Islam, M., 2010. "Does variation in general practitioner (GP) practice matter for the length of sick leave? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP-patient data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1590-1598, May.
- Olsen, Jan Abel & Richardson, Jeff, 1999. "Production gains from health care: what should be included in cost-effectiveness analyses?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 17-26, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dyrstad, Karin & Halvorsen, Thomas & Hem, Karl-Gerhard & Rohde, Tarald, 2016. "Sick of waiting: Does waiting for elective treatment cause sickness absence?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(12), pages 1383-1388.
More about this item
KeywordsNorway; Waiting times; Prioritization; Sickness absence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:128:y:2015:i:c:p:290-300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.