Social Science & Medicine
2000, Volume 51, Issue 5
- 759-770 Precursive depression among HIV infected AIDS caregivers over time
by Wight, Richard G.
- 771-778 Socioeconomic factors and incidence of erectile dysfunction: findings of the longitudinal Massachussetts Male Aging Study
by Aytaç, Isik A. & Araujo, Andre B. & Johannes, Catherine B. & Kleinman, Ken P. & McKinlay, John B.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 4
- 481-489 Job stress and the occupational gradient in coronary heart disease risk in women: The Stockholm Female Coronary Risk Study
by Wamala, Sarah P. & Mittleman, Murray A. & Horsten, Myriam & Schenck-Gustafsson, Karin & Orth-Gomér, Kristina
- 491-503 Hospital pharmacy automation: collective mobility or collective control?
by Novek, Joel
- 505-509 The politics of herbal drugs in Korea
by Cho, Byong-Hee
- 511-521 Caesarean section delivery in Kerala, India: evidence from a National Family Health Survey
by Padmadas, Sabu S. & Kumar S., Suresh & Nair, Sajini B. & Kumari K.R., Anitha
- 523-537 Defensive medicine during hospital obstetrical care: a by-product of the technological age
by Bassett, Ken L. & Iyer, Nitya & Kazanjian, Arminee
- 539-550 Searching for socioeconomic risk factors in perinatal mortality in Kuwait: a case control study
by Shah, Nasra M. & Shah, Makhdoom A. & Khalaf, Abdul Aziz & Mustafa, Mustafa Mohammad & Al-Sayed, Ali
- 551-561 Frequency and timing of antenatal care in Kenya: explaining the variations between women of different communities
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Madise, Nyovani Janet & Rodrigues, Roberto Nascimento
- 563-587 Social inequality, population health, and housing: a study of two Vancouver neighborhoods
by Dunn, James R. & Hayes, Michael V.
- 589-598 How was life after treatment of a malignant brain tumour?
by Salander, Pär & Bergenheim, A. Tommy & Henriksson, Roger
- 599-612 Measuring equity in access to health care
by Waters, Hugh R.
- 613-617 Health risk and inequitable distribution of liquor stores in African American neighborhood
by LaVeist, Thomas A. & Wallace, John M.
- 619-636 Going down to the local: incorporating social organisation and political culture into assessments of decentralised health care
by Atkinson, Sarah & Medeiros, Regianne Leila Rolim & Oliveira, Paulo Henrique Lima & de Almeida, Ricardo Dias
2000, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 321-334 Comprehensive integrated primary mental health care for South Africa. Pipedream or possibility?
by Petersen, Inge
- 335-342 When providers and community leaders define health priorities: the results of a Delphi survey in the canton of Geneva
by Schopper, D. & Ammon, C. & Ronchi, A. & Rougemont, A.
- 343-359 Appropriateness measurement: application to advice-giving in community pharmacies
by Bissell, P. & Ward, P. R. & Noyce, P. R.
- 361-371 Gender, socioeconomic development and health-seeking behaviour in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Syed Masud & Adams, Alayne M. & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas
- 373-379 Violence and fear of violence in East and West Germany
by Clark, David E. & Wildner, Manfred
- 381-394 Self-identity in older persons suffering from dementia: preliminary results
by Cohen-Mansfield, Jiska & Golander, Hava & Arnheim, Giyorah
- 395-405 Money illusion among health care providers: should we adjust for inflation in analyses of provider behavior?
by Mayer, Michelle L. & Rozier, R. Gary
- 407-417 Discounted lives? Weighing disability when measuring health and ruling on "compassionate" murder
by Rock, Melanie
- 419-427 Life quality vs the 'quality of life':: assumptions underlying prospective quality of life instruments in health care planning
by Koch, Tom
- 429-438 Consultation with another physician on euthanasia and assisted suicide in the Netherlands
by Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit & Kostense, Piet J. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 439-452 The understanding of their illness amongst people with irritable bowel syndrome: a Q methodological study
by Stenner, P. H. D. & Dancey, C. P. & Watts, S.
- 453-462 Information presentation and decisions to enter clinical trials: a hypothetical trial of hormone replacement therapy
by Wragg, Jillian A. & Robinson, Elizabeth J. & Lilford, Richard J.
- 463-475 Patient education literature and help seeking behaviour: perspectives from an evaluation in the United Kingdom
by Milewa, Timothy & Calnan, Michael & Almond, Stephen & Hunter, Alethea
2000, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 159-173 Acculturation and health in Korean Americans
by Lee, Soo-Kyung & Sobal, Jeffery & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 175-184 Pain response in Chinese and non-Chinese Canadian infants: is there a difference?
by Rosmus, Christina & Johnston, C. Céleste & Chan-Yip, Alice & Yang, Fang
- 185-197 Indices and sociodemographic determinants of childhood mortality in rural Upper Egypt
by Yassin, Khaled M.
- 199-208 The determinants of infant mortality in Pakistan
by Agha, Sohail
- 209-222 Talking contracts and taking care: managers and professionals in the British National Health Service internal market
by Griffiths, Lesley & Hughes, David
- 223-242 Cost analysis as a vitamin A program design and evaluation tool: a case study of the Philippines
by Fiedler, John L. & Dado, Dyezebel R. & Maglalang, Hector & Juban, Noel & Capistrano, Melgabal & Magpantay, Maria Vicenta
- 243-249 Precision and accuracy in measuring absence from work as a basis for calculating productivity costs in The Netherlands
by Severens, Johan L. & Mulder, Jan & Laheij, Robert J. F. & Verbeek, André L. M.
- 251-264 Lay constructions of HIV and complementary therapy use
by Pawluch, Dorothy & Cain, Roy & Gillett, James
- 265-274 Walking, exercising, and smoking: does neighborhood matter?
by Ross, Catherine E.
- 275-287 Gender, poverty and location: how much difference do they make in the geography of health inequalities?
by Rosenberg, Mark W. & Wilson, Kathleen
- 289-305 Urban-rural mortality differentials: controlling for material deprivation
by Senior, Martyn & Williams, Huw & Higgs, Gary
- 307-317 Heterogeneity in the determinants of health and illness: the example of socioeconomic status and smoking
by Birch, Stephen & Jerrett, Mike & Eyles, John
2000, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-10 Sexual abstinence at age 21 in New Zealand: the importance of religion
by Paul, Charlotte & Fitzjohn, Julie & Eberhart-Phillips, Jason & Herbison, Peter & Dickson, Nigel
- 11-28 Contamination of medicine injection paraphernalia used by registered medical practitioners in south India: an ethnographic study
by Lakshman, M. & Nichter, Mark
- 29-40 Hong Kong Chinese perceptions of the experience of unrelated bone marrow donation
by Holroyd, Eleanor & Molassiotis, Alexander
- 41-50 Chronic physical illness, psychiatric disorder and disability in the workplace
by Dewa, Carolyn S. & Lin, Elizabeth
- 51-64 The three-year persistence of depressive symptoms in men and women
by Bracke, Piet
- 65-72 Theoretical perspectives on suicide in gay men with AIDS
by McNaught, Angela & Spicer, John
- 73-81 God should give daughters to rich families only: attitudes towards childbearing among low-income women in Punjab, Pakistan
by Winkvist, Anna & Akhtar, Humaira Zareen
- 83-91 Clinical risk and collective competence in the hospital emergency department in the UK
by Boreham, N. C. & Shea, C. E. & Mackway-Jones, K.
- 93-102 Ambiguity: exploring the complexity of roles and boundaries when working with volunteers in well woman clinics
by Merrell, Joy
- 103-113 Women's experiences of maternity care: satisfaction or passivity?
by Kabakian-Khasholian, Tamar & Campbell, Oona & Shediac-Rizkallah, Mona & Ghorayeb, Françoise
- 115-122 The social gradient in life expectancy: the contrary case of Okinawa in Japan
by Cockerham, William C. & Hattori, Hiroyuki & Yamori, Yukio
- 123-133 Socio-economic status and the utilisation of physicians' services: results from the Canadian National Population Health Survey
by Dunlop, Sheryl & Coyte, Peter C. & McIsaac, Warren
- 135-146 Income inequality, social cohesion and the health status of populations: the role of neo-liberalism
by Coburn, David
- 147-150 Deprivation and sudden infant death syndrome
by Mitchell, E. A. & Stewart, A. W. & Crampton, P. & Salmond, Clare
- 151-153 Increasing mortality differentials by residential area level of poverty: Britain 1981-1997
by Shaw, Mary & Gordon, David & Dorling, Danny & Mitchell, Richard & Davey Smith, George
2000, Volume 50, Issue 12
- 1703-1713 Chronic illicit drug use, health services utilization and the cost of medical care
by French, Michael T. & McGeary, Kerry Anne & Chitwood, Dale D. & McCoy, Clyde B.
- 1715-1722 Scaling back goals and recalibration of the affect system are processes in normal adaptive self-regulation: understanding 'response shift' phenomena
by Carver, Charles S. & Scheier, Michael F.
- 1723-1741 Participatory diagramming as a means to improve communication about sex in rural Zimbabwe: a pilot study
by Kesby, Mike
- 1743-1755 Is travel distance a barrier to veterans' use of VA hospitals for medical surgical care?
by Mooney, Cathleen & Zwanziger, Jack & Phibbs, Ciaran S. & Schmitt, Susan
- 1757-1770 Precursors of lethal violence: a death row sample
by Freedman, David & Hemenway, David
- 1771-1783 Children and medicines: self-treatment of common illnesses among Luo schoolchildren in western Kenya
by Geissler, P. W. & Nokes, K. & Prince, R. J. & Achieng' Odhiambo, R. & Aagaard-Hansen, J. & Ouma, J. H.
- 1785-1795 Deviant insiders: medical acupuncturists in New Zealand
by Dew, Kevin
- 1797-1806 The socio-economic determinants of maternal health care utilization in Turkey
by Celik, Yusuf & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 1807-1825 Women's health in relation with their family and work roles: France in the early 1990s
by Khlat, Myriam & Sermet, Catherine & Le Pape, Annick
- 1827-1842 Parenthood, gender and sickness absence
by Mastekaasa, Arne
- 1843-1850 Interpretative repertoires of medication among the oldest-old
by Lumme-Sandt, Kirsi & Hervonen, Antti & Jylhä, Marja
- 1851-1862 Technology, selfhood and physical disability
by Lupton, Deborah & Seymour, Wendy
- 1863-1875 The power of place: space and time in women's and community health centres in South Australia
by Warin, Megan & Baum, Frances & Kalucy, Elizabeth & Murray, Charlie & Veale, Bronwyn
2000, Volume 50, Issue 11
- 1519-1532 Editorial: HIV/AIDS social and behavioural research: past advances and thoughts about the future
by Moatti, Jean-Paul & Souteyrand, Yves
- 1533-1546 Research on HIV sexual risk: Social relations-based approach in a cross-cultural perspective
by Bajos, Nathalie & Marquet, Jacques
- 1557-1570 Revisiting the concept of 'vulnerability'
by Delor, François & Hubert, Michel
- 1571-1588 HIV-positive people, risk and sexual behaviour
by Schiltz, M. A. & Sandfort, Th. G. M.
- 1589-1598 Everyday life with AIDS/HIV: surveys in the social sciences
by Pierret, Janine
- 1607-1629 The normalization of AIDS in Western European countries
by Rosenbrock, Rolf & Dubois-Arber, Francoise & Moers, Martin & Pinell, Patrice & Schaeffer, Doris & Setbon, Michel
- 1631-1641 Making sense of everyday pain
by Aldrich, Sarah & Eccleston, Chris
- 1643-1654 Attitudes towards organ donation in Hong Kong
by Yeung, Iris & Kong, S. H. & Lee, Janet
- 1655-1663 Measurement of community beliefs about colorectal cancer
by Stanton, Warren R. & Balanda, Kevin P. & Gillespie, Amaya M. & Lowe, John B. & Baade, Peter D.
- 1665-1672 Gender comparisons of income expectations in the USA at the beginning of medical school during the past 28 years
by Hojat, Mohammadreza & Gonnella, Joseph S. & Erdmann, James B. & Rattner, Susan L. & Veloski, J. Jon & Glaser, Karen & Xu, Gang
- 1679-1693 Marginal impact of psychosocial factors on multimorbidity: results of an explorative nested case-control study
by van den Akker, Marjan & Buntinx, Frank & Metsemakers, Job F. M. & Knottnerus, J. André
2000, Volume 50, Issue 10
- 1333-1351 Fertility, mortality and gender bias among tribal population: an Indian perspective
by Maharatna, Arup
- 1353-1368 Gender and the stigma of onchocercal skin disease in Africa
by Vlassoff, Carol & Weiss, Mitchell & Ovuga, E. B. L. & Eneanya, Christine & Nwel, P. Titi & Babalola, S. Sunday & Awedoba, A. K. & Theophilus, Biri & Cofie, Patience & Shetabi, Pegah
- 1369-1383 Sexually transmitted diseases in Morocco: gender influences on prevention and health care seeking behavior
by Manhart, Lisa E. & Dialmy, Abdessamad & Ryan, Caroline A. & Mahjour, Jaouad
- 1385-1401 Constructions of masculinity and their influence on men's well-being: a theory of gender and health
by Courtenay, Will H.
- 1403-1414 Workforce diversity: implications for the effectiveness of health care delivery teams
by Dreachslin, Janice L. & Hunt, Portia L. & Sprainer, Elaine
- 1415-1432 Work stress among six professional groups: the Singapore experience
by Chan, Kwok Bun & Lai, Gina & Ko, Yiu Chung & Boey, Kam Weng
- 1433-1444 Professional commitment among US physician executives in managed care
by Hoff, Timothy J.
- 1445-1450 Family self-medication and antibiotics abuse for children and juveniles in a Chinese city
by Bi, Peng & Tong, Shilu & Parton, Kevin A.
- 1451-1456 Community-perceived benefits of ivermectin treatment in Northeastern Nigeria
by Akogun, O. B. & Akogun, M. K. & Audu, Z.
- 1457-1473 Low-income mothers' views on breastfeeding
by Guttman, Nurit & Zimmerman, Deena R.
- 1475-1484 The experience of chronic illness and post-traumatic stress disorder: the consequences of cumulative adversity
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 1485-1500 The many meanings of deinsuring a health service: the case of in vitro fertilization in Ontario
by Giacomini, M. & Hurley, J. & Stoddart, G.
- 1501-1510 Addicts' narratives of recovery from drug use: constructing a non-addict identity
by McIntosh, James & McKeganey, Neil
2000, Volume 50, Issue 9
- 1171-1175 More than just "interesting!": Anthropology, health and human rights
by Heggenhougen, H. K.
- 1177-1188 Physical access to primary health care in Andean Bolivia
by Perry, Baker & Gesler, Wil
- 1189-1196 The influence of maternal intergenerational education on health behaviors of women in peri-urban Bolivia
by Bender, Deborah E. & McCann, Margaret F.
- 1197-1208 Distance and health care utilization among the rural elderly
by Nemet, Gregory F. & Bailey, Adrian J.
- 1209-1225 Socioeconomic status and infant mortality in Australia: a national study of small urban areas, 1985-89
by Turrell, Gavin & Mengersen, Kerrie
- 1227-1233 Women's perceptions of caesarean section: reflections from a Turkish teaching hospital
by Tatar, Mehtap & Günalp, Serdar & Somunoglu, Sinem & Demirol, Aygül
- 1235-1246 Career preferences and the work-family balance in medicine: gender differences among medical specialists
by Heiligers, Phil J. M. & Hingstman, L.
- 1247-1255 Interpretation of nonvocal behavior and the meaning of voicelessness in critical care
by Happ, Mary Beth
- 1257-1272 Reinventing fatherhood in Japan and Canada
by Steinberg, Susanne & Kruckman, Laurence & Steinberg, Stephanie
- 1273-1284 AIDS, risk and social governance
by Brown, Tim
- 1285-1295 Life course accumulation of disadvantage: childhood health and hazard exposure during adulthood
by Holland, P. & Berney, L. & Blane, D. & Davey Smith, G. & Gunnell, D. J. & Montgomery, S. M.
- 1297-1308 Racial differences in Norplant use in the United States
by Malat, Jennifer
- 1309-1316 Treatment seeking for malaria in Morong, Bataan, The Philippines
by Espino, Fe & Manderson, Lenore
- 1317-1327 Job strain, effort-reward imbalance and employee well-being: a large-scale cross-sectional study
by de Jonge, Jan & Bosma, Hans & Peter, Richard & Siegrist, Johannes
2000, Volume 50, Issue 7-8
- 911-913 Geographic research at the end of the century: papers from the Eighth International Symposium on Medical Geography
by Earickson, Robert
- 915-921 Finke's 1792 map of human diseases: the first world disease map?
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 923-935 Our sense of Snow: the myth of John Snow in medical geography
by McLeod, Kari S.
- 937-952 Geography, ecology and emerging infectious diseases
by Mayer, Jonathan D.
- 953-964 Ecological and cultural barriers to treatment of childhood diarrhea in riverine areas of Ondo State, Nigeria
by Folasade Iyun, B. & Adewale Oke, E.
- 965-983 Health and disease in southern Africa: a comparative and vulnerability perspective
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel
- 985-1000 Using survival analysis to study spatial point patterns in geographical epidemiology
by Reader, Steven
- 1001-1014 Approaches to sampling and case selection in qualitative research: examples in the geography of health
by Curtis, Sarah & Gesler, Wil & Smith, Glenn & Washburn, Sarah
- 1015-1024 Regional assessment of elderly disability in the U.S
by Lin, Ge
- 1025-1036 Ageing in Portugal: regional iniquities in health and health care
by Santana, Paula
- 1037-1045 Long-term care restructuring in rural Ontario: retrieving community service user and provider narratives
by Cloutier-Fisher, Denise & Joseph, Alun E.
- 1047-1058 Widening inequality in mortality between 160 regions of 15 European countries in the early 1990s
by Shaw, Mary & Orford, Scott & Brimblecombe, Nicola & Dorling, Daniel
- 1059-1079 Death and deprivation: an exploratory analysis of deaths in the Health and Lifestyle survey
by Jones, Kelvyn & Gould, Myles I. & Duncan, Craig
- 1081-1090 Problems of providing health care in British island communities
by Gould, Myles I. & Moon, Graham
- 1091-1097 Etiology of limited transmission diseases among drug users: does recent migration magnify the risk of sharing injection equipment?
by Paschane, David M. & Fisher, Dennis G.
- 1099-1107 The geography of survival after surgery for colo-rectal cancer in southern England
by Kim, Yo-Eun & Gatrell, Anthony C. & Francis, Brian J.
- 1109-1120 Predicting small-area health-related behaviour: a comparison of smoking and drinking indicators
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham & Jones, Kelvyn
- 1121-1137 Modelling exposure opportunities: estimating relative risk for motor neurone disease in Finland
by Sabel, Clive E. & Gatrell, Anthony C. & Löytönen, Markku & Maasilta, Paula & Jokelainen, Matti
- 1139-1154 Environmental risk perception and well-being: effects of the landfill siting process in two southern Ontario communities
by Wakefield, Sarah & Elliott, Susan J.
- 1155-1166 A longitudinal study of the health impacts of a petroleum refinery
by Luginaah, Isaac N. & Taylor, S. Martin & Elliott, Susan J. & Eyles, John D.
2000, Volume 50, Issue 6
- 757-759 The illusion of paradox: commentary on Albrecht, G.L. and Devlieger, P.J. (1998). The disability paradox: high quality of life against all odds. Social Science & Medicine 48, 977-988
by Koch, Tom
- 761-762 Disability assumptions, concepts and theory: reply to Tom Koch
by Albrecht, Gary L. & Devlieger, Patrick J.
- 763-771 Trends in and determinants of mortality in the elderly population of Matlab, Bangladesh
by Mostafa, Golam & van Ginneken, Jeroen K.
- 773-795 Economic development and women's blood pressure: field evidence from rural Mashonaland, Zimbabwe
by Hunter, John M. & Sparks, Barbara T. & Mufunda, Jacob & Musabayane, Cephas T. & Sparks, Harvey V. & Mahomed, Kassam
- 797-811 Thinking differently about thinking positive: a discursive approach to cancer patients' talk
by Wilkinson, Sue & Kitzinger, Celia
- 813-828 The effect of patient race and socio-economic status on physicians' perceptions of patients
by van Ryn, Michelle & Burke, Jane
- 829-840 Doctor-patient communication about drugs: the evidence for shared decision making
by Stevenson, Fiona A. & Barry, Christine A. & Britten, Nicky & Barber, Nick & Bradley, Colin P.
- 841-849 Family planning KAP survey in Gaza
by Donati, Serena & Hamam, Rawia & Medda, Emanuela
- 851-860 A council of elders: creating a multi-voiced dialogue in a community of care
by Katz, Arlene M. & Conant, Loring & Inui, Thomas S. & Baron, David & Bor, David
- 861-878 Migration and geographical inequalities in health in Britain
by Brimblecombe, Nic & Dorling, Danny & Shaw, Mary
- 879-889 A village treatment center for malaria: community response in Sri Lanka
by Konradsen, Flemming & Amerasinghe, Priyanie H. & Perera, Devika & Van der Hoek, Wim & Amerasinghe, Felix P.
- 891-903 Social factors influencing the acquisition of antibiotics without prescription in Kerala State, south India
by Saradamma, Rema Devi & Higginbotham, Nick & Nichter, Mark
2000, Volume 50, Issue 5
- 603-604 Book reviews: expectations and parameters
by Pyle, Gerard F.
- 605-617 Illness narratives: time, hope and HIV
by Ezzy, Douglas
- 619-629 Social capital, SES and health: an individual-level analysis
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 631-639 Well being, work environment and work accidents
by Kirschenbaum, Alan & Oigenblick, Ludmilla & Goldberg, Albert I.
- 641-649 Social class differences in mortality using the new UK National Statistics Socio-Economic Classification
by Chandola, Tarani
- 651-661 Menorrhagia in general practice -- disease or illness
by O'Flynn, Norma & Britten, Nicky
- 663-671 Income-related health inequality in Canada
by Humphries, Karin H. & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 673-687 A multilevel analysis of income inequality and cardiovascular disease risk factors
by Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Link, Bruce G. & Northridge, Mary E.
- 689-701 Between fear and relief: how rural pregnant women experience foetal ultrasound in a Botswana district hospital
by Tautz, Siegrid & Jahn, Albrecht & Molokomme, Imelda & Görgen, Regina
- 703-713 Injections and the fear of death: an essay on the limits of biomedicine among the Dagomba of northern Ghana
by Bierlich, Bernhard
- 715-721 Factor and subscale structure of a parental health locus of control instrument (Parental Health Beliefs Scales) for use in a mainland United States Puerto Rican community
by Pachter, Lee M. & Sheehan, Joseph & Cloutier, Michelle M.
- 723-735 The sexual behavior of married Mexican immigrant men in North Carolina
by Viadro, Claire I. & Earp, Jo Anne L.
- 737-749 Highway cowboys, old hands, and Christian truckers: risk behavior for human immunodeficiency virus infection among long-haul truckers in Florida
by Stratford, Dale & Ellerbrock, Tedd V. & Akins, J. Keith & Hall, Heather L.
2000, Volume 50, Issue 4
- 459-478 The intersections of HIV and violence: directions for future research and interventions
by Maman, Suzanne & Campbell, Jacquelyn & Sweat, Michael D. & Gielen, Andrea C.
- 479-494 Selling sex in the time of AIDS: the psycho-social context of condom use by sex workers on a Southern African mine
by Campbell, Catherine
- 507-515 The production of health and the valuation of medical inputs in wage-amenity models
by Schumacher, Edward J. & Whitehead, John C.
- 517-529 Over the limit: the association among health, race and debt
by Drentea, Patricia & Lavrakas, Paul J.
- 531-539 Gender, family structure and cardiovascular activity during the working day and evening
by Steptoe, Andrew & Lundwall, Karen & Cropley, Mark
- 541-552 Cadaveric donotransplantation: nurses' attitudes, knowledge and behaviour
by Sque, Magi & Payne, Sheila & Vlachonikolis, Ioannis
- 553-566 The Medical Interaction Process System (MIPS): an instrument for analysing interviews of oncologists and patients with cancer
by Ford, Sarah & Hall, Angela & Ratcliffe, Denise & Fallowfield, Lesley
- 567-582 Continuity and change in women's weight orientations and lifestyle practices through pregnancy and the postpartum period: the influence of life course trajectories and transitional events
by Devine, Carol M. & Bove, Caron F. & Olson, Christine M.
- 583-597 Sense of coherence and health: evidence from two cross-lagged longitudinal samples
by Kivimäki, Mika & Feldt, Taru & Vahtera, Jussi & Nurmi, Jari-Erik
2000, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 309-315 Task and socioemotional behaviors of physicians: a test of reciprocity and social interaction theories in analogue physician-patient encounters
by Roberts, Carlos A. & Aruguete, Mara S.
- 317-329 The wineglass model: tracking the locational histories of health professionals
by Baer, Leonard D. & Gesler, Wilbert M. & Konrad, Thomas R.
- 331-344 Perceptions of injury causes and solutions in a Johannesburg township: implications for prevention
by Butchart, Alexander & Kruger, Johan & Lekoba, Royal
- 345-364 A description of child illness and treatment behavior in Guatemala
by Heuveline, Patrick & Goldman, Noreen
- 365-385 Gender, ethnicity and self-reported health: the case of African-Caribbean populations in London
by Curtis, Sarah & Lawson, Kim
- 387-396 Doing health, doing gender: teenagers, diabetes and asthma
by Williams, Clare
- 397-405 Researching limiting long-term illness
by Jordan, Kelvin & Ong, Bie Nio & Croft, Peter
- 407-418 The "supply hypothesis" and medical practice variation in primary care: testing economic and clinical models of inter-practitioner variation
by Davis, Peter & Gribben, Barry & Scott, Alastair & Lay-Yee, Roy
- 419-427 The influence of weather on human mortality in Hong Kong
by Yan, Yuk Yee
- 429-444 "It's just part of being a woman": cervical screening, the body and femininity
by Bush, Judith
2000, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 169-176 The role of the World Bank in international health: renewed commitment and partnership
by de Beyer, Joy A. & Preker, Alexander S. & Feachem, Richard G. A.
- 185-202 Variations in geographical distribution of foreign and domestically trained physicians in the United States: 'safety nets' or 'surplus exacerbation'?
by Mick, Stephen S. & Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Wodchis, Walter P.
- 203-213 Factors influencing choice of delivery sites in Rakai district of Uganda
by Amooti-Kaguna, B. & Nuwaha, F.
- 215-231 Social networks, ideation, and contraceptive behavior in Bangladesh: a longitudinal analysis
by Kincaid, D. Lawrence
- 233-245 'The last resort would be to go to the GP'. Understanding the perceptions and use of general practitioner services among people with HIV/AIDS
by Petchey, Roland & Farnsworth, Bill & Williams, Jacky
- 247-254 Tuberculosis in Pakistan: socio-cultural constraints and opportunities in treatment
by Khan, Amir & Walley, John & Newell, James & Imdad, Naghma
- 255-270 Social policies and the pathways to inequalities in health: a comparative analysis of lone mothers in Britain and Sweden
by Whitehead, Margaret & Burström, Bo & Diderichsen, Finn
- 271-284 Couples' patterns of adjustment to colon cancer
by Northouse, Laurel L. & Mood, Darlene & Templin, Thomas & Mellon, Suzanne & George, Tamara
- 285-291 'In the safety of your own home': results from a national survey on gun use at home
by Azrael, Deborah & Hemenway, David
- 293-301 Three lay mental models of disease inheritance
by Henderson, Bethan J. & Maguire, Bryan T.
2000, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 17-26 Health services accessibility among Spanish elderly
by Fernández-Mayoralas, Gloria & Rodríguez, Vicente & Rojo, Fermina
- 27-39 Locality and habitus: the origins of sickness absence practices
by Virtanen, Pekka & Nakari, Risto & Ahonen, Hanna & Vahtera, Jussi & Pentti, Jaana
- 41-51 Social impacts of technological diffusion: prenatal diagnosis and induced abortion in Brazil
by Novaes, Hillegonda Maria Dutilh
- 53-62 Rethinking patient satisfaction: patient experiences of an open access flexible sigmoidoscopy service
by Dougall, Audrey & Russell, Andrew & Rubin, Greg & Ling, Jane
- 63-75 Using discrete choice modelling in priority setting: an application to clinical service developments
by Farrar, Shelley & Ryan, Mandy & Ross, Donald & Ludbrook, Anne
- 77-88 Hospital credentialing and quality of care
by Sloan, Frank A & Conover, Christopher J & Provenzale, Dawn
- 89-105 "Jesus will fix it after awhile": meanings and health
by Abrums, Mary
- 107-121 Wellness activities address inequities
by Dobson, Roy & Lepnurm, Rein
- 123-135 Traditional medicine, professional monopoly and structural interests: a Korean case
by Cho, Hyo-Je
- 137-154 "Requested death": a new social movement
by McInerney, Fran
1999, Volume 49, Issue 12
- 1571-1598 Psychological impact of predicting individuals' risks of illness: a systematic review
by Shaw, Chris & Abrams, Keith & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 1599-1614 Social network influences on reproductive health behaviors in urban northern Thailand
by Bond, Katherine C. & Valente, Thomas W. & Kendall, Carl
- 1615-1622 Family focus or career focus: controlling for infertility
by Meyer, Christine Siegwarth
- 1623-1636 Health inequality and population variation in fertility-timing
by Geronimus, Arline T. & Bound, John & Waidmann, Timothy A.
- 1637-1649 Does financial hardship account for elevated psychological distress in lone mothers?
by Hope, Steven & Power, Chris & Rodgers, Bryan
- 1651-1661 What makes new mothers unhappy: psychological distress one year after birth in Italy and France
by Romito, Patrizia & Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josèphe & Lelong, Nathalie
- 1663-1676 Complaining about chronic pain
by Kugelmann, Robert
- 1677-1687 Household nutrition and health in Poland
by Bakken, Rosalie & Jezewska-Zychowicz, Marzena & Winter, Mary
- 1689-1703 The emerging international policy agenda for reproductive health services in conflict settings
by Palmer, Celia A. & Lush, Louisiana & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 1705-1716 Patterns of vaccination acceptance
by Streefland, Pieter & Chowdhury, A. M. R. & Ramos-Jimenez, Pilar
- 1717-1722 Religious characteristics of US women physicians
by Frank, Erica & Dell, Mary Lynn & Chopp, Rebecca