Linking governance mechanisms to health outcomes: A review of the literature in low- and middle-income countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Siddiqi, Sameen & Masud, Tayyeb I. & Nishtar, Sania & Peters, David H. & Sabri, Belgacem & Bile, Khalif M. & Jama, Mohamed A., 2009. "Framework for assessing governance of the health system in developing countries: Gateway to good governance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 13-25, April.
- Martina Björkman & Jakob Svensson, 2009. "Power to the People: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment on Community-Based Monitoring in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 735-769.
- Holmberg, Sören & Rothstein, Bo, 2011. "Dying of corruption," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 529-547, September.
- Shandra, John M. & Nobles, Jenna & London, Bruce & Williamson, J.B.John B., 2004. "Dependency, democracy, and infant mortality: a quantitative, cross-national analysis of less developed countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 321-333, July.
- Erwin H Tiongson & Hamid R Davoodi & Sanjeev Gupta, 2000. "Corruption and the Provision of Health Care and Education Services," IMF Working Papers 00/116, International Monetary Fund.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Ali, Zulfiqar, 2009. "Making Reform Work: Institutions, Dispositions, and the Improving Health of Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 208-218, January.
- Lewis, Maureen & Pettersson, Gunilla, 2009. "Governance in health care delivery : raising performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5074, The World Bank.
- Hefford, Martin & Crampton, Peter & Foley, Jon, 2005. "Reducing health disparities through primary care reform: the New Zealand experiment," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 9-23, April.
- Veenstra, Gerry, 2002. "Social capital and health (plus wealth, income inequality and regional health governance)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 849-868, March.
- Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil & Swaroop, Vinaya, 2008. "Public spending and outcomes: Does governance matter?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 96-111, April.
- Savedoff, William D., 2011. "Governance in the health sector: a strategy for measuring determinants and performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5655, The World Bank.
- Matt Andrews & Roger Hay & Jerrett Myers, 2010. "Can Governance Indicators Make Sense? Towards a New Approach to Sector-Specific Measures of Governance," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 391-410.
- Kalirajan, Kaliappa & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2012. "Fiscal Decentralization and Development Outcomes in India: An Exploratory Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1511-1521.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:206:y:2018:i:c:p:67-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krueger, Patrick M. & Dovel, Kathryn & Denney, Justin T., 2015. "Democracy and self-rated health across 67 countries: A multilevel analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 137-144.
- Daniel Cobos Muñoz & Paloma Merino Amador & Laura Monzon Llamas & David Martinez Hernandez & Juana Maria Santos Sancho, 2017. "Decentralization of health systems in low and middle income countries: a systematic review," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 62(2), pages 219-229, March.
More about this item
KeywordsGovernance; Global health; International development; Health outcomes; Accountability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:117:y:2014:i:c:p:86-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.