The association between grandparenthood and mortality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary Elizabeth Hughes & Linda J. Waite & Tracey A. LaPierre & Ye Luo, 2007. "All in the Family: The Impact of Caring for Grandchildren on Grandparents' Health," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 62(2), pages 108-119.
- Zachary Zimmer & Linda Martin & Mary Ofstedal & Yi-Li Chuang, 2007. "Education of adult children and mortality of their elderly parents in Taiwan," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(2), pages 289-305, May.
- Jenny Torssander, 2013. "From Child to Parent? The Significance of Children’s Education for Their Parents’ Longevity," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(2), pages 637-659, April.
- Donald C. Reitzes & Elizabeth J. Mutran, 2004. "Grandparenthood: Factors Influencing Frequency of Grandparent–Grandchildren Contact and Grandparent Role Satisfaction," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 59(1), pages 9-16.
- Jan M. Hoem & Gerda Neyer & Gunnar Andersson, 2006. "Educational attainment and ultimate fertility among Swedish women born in 1955-59," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 14(16), pages 381-404.
- Jan M. Hoem & Gerda R. Neyer & Gunnar Andersson, 2006. "Educational attainment and ultimate fertility among Swedish women born in 1955-59," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2006-004, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Grundy, Emily & Kravdal, Øystein, 2010. "Fertility history and cause-specific mortality: A register-based analysis of complete cohorts of Norwegian women and men," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1847-1857, June.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh, 2011. "Life Satisfaction and Grandparenthood: Evidence from a Nationwide Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 5869, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hilbrand, Sonja & Coall, David A. & Meyer, Andrea H. & Gerstorf, Denis & Hertwig, Ralph, 2017. "A prospective study of associations among helping, health, and longevity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 109-117.
- Linda Kridahl, 2017. "Retirement timing and grandparenthood: A population-based study on Sweden," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 37(31), pages 957-994.
- Danielsbacka, Mirkka & Tanskanen, Antti O. & Coall, David A. & Jokela, Markus, 2019. "Grandparental childcare, health and well-being in Europe: A within-individual investigation of longitudinal data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 194-203.
More about this item
KeywordsNorway; Mortality; Grandparents; Register data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:118:y:2014:i:c:p:89-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.