Social Science & Medicine
June 2002, Volume 54, Issue 12
- 1875-1886 Drug utilisation and self-medication in rural communities in Vietnam
by Okumura, Junko & Wakai, Susumu & Umenai, Takusei
- 1887-1896 Science writers' reactions to a medical "breakthrough" story
by Cooper, Crystale Purvis & Yukimura, Darcie
June 2002, Volume 54, Issue 11
- 1615-1620 International health in the 21st Century: trends and challenges
by Zwi, Anthony B. & Yach, Derek
- 1621-1635 Social inequalities in health within countries: not only an issue for affluent nations
by Braveman, Paula & Tarimo, Eleuther
- 1637-1656 Putting equity in health back onto the social policy agenda: experience from South Africa
by McIntyre, Di & Gilson, Lucy
- 1657-1667 Staking a claim for claims: a case study of resource allocation in Australian Aboriginal health care
by Mooney, Gavin & Jan, Stephen & Wiseman, Virginia
- 1669-1675 Reshaping the state from above, from within, from below: implications for public health
by Reich, Michael R.
- 1677-1684 Regulating incentives: the past and present role of the state in health care systems
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 1685-1690 Improving basic health service delivery in low-income countries: 'voice' to the poor
by Mehrotra, Santosh & Jarrett, Stephen W.
- 1691-1698 Financing reforms of public health services in China: lessons for other nations
by Liu, Xingzhu & Mills, Anne
- 1699-1711 Research capacity strengthening in the South
by Nchinda, Thomas C.
- 1713-1723 Placing gender at the centre of health programming: challenges and limitations
by Vlassoff, Carol & Moreno, Claudia Garcia
- 1725-1737 The rhetoric of sector-wide approaches for health development
by Hill, Peter S.
May 2002, Volume 54, Issue 10
- 1481-1496 Adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapies (HAART) in HIV-infected patients: from a predictive to a dynamic approach
by Spire, Bruno & Duran, Ségolène & Souville, Marc & Leport, Catherine & Raffi, François & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 1497-1512 Youth homelessness in San Francisco: A life cycle approach
by Auerswald, Colette L. & Eyre, Stephen L.
- 1513-1524 Neurolathyrism in Ethiopia: assessment and comparison of knowledge and attitude of health workers and rural inhabitants
by Getahun, Haileyesus & Lambein, Fernand & Vanhoorne, Michel
- 1525-1541 Dynamics of change in local physician supply: an ecological perspective
by Jiang, H. Joanna & Begun, James W.
- 1543-1557 Development of a 'communication disability model' and its implication on service delivery in low-income countries
by Hartley, Sally D. & Wirz, Sheila L.
- 1559-1587 One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?
by Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1589-1599 Change in job satisfaction, and its association with self-reported stress, cardiovascular risk factors and mortality
by Heslop, Pauline & Davey Smith, George & Metcalfe, Chris & Macleod, John & Hart, Carole
- 1601-1609 The contingent ranking method--a feasible and valid method when eliciting preferences for health care?
by Slothuus, Ulla & Larsen, Mette L. & Junker, Peter
May 2002, Volume 54, Issue 9
- 1309-1321 Sleep disturbance in cancer patients
by Davidson, Judith R. & MacLean, Alistair W. & Brundage, Michael D. & Schulze, Karleen
- 1323-1332 Comparing social inequalities in health in Spain: 1987 and 1995/97
by Regidor, Enrique & Gutierrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Domínguez, Vicente & Elisa Calle, M. & Navarro, Pedro
- 1333-1344 Attitudes to bioethical issues: a case study of a screening project
by Gustafsson Stolt, U. & Liss, P. -E. & Svensson, T. & Ludvigsson, J.
- 1345-1355 Meanings of immediate: the practical use of the Patient's Charter in the accident and emergency department
by Sbaih, Lynn C
- 1357-1368 The relevance of client-centered communication to family planning settings in developing countries: Lessons from the Egyptian experience
by Abdel-Tawab, Nahla & Roter, Debra
- 1369-1377 Shared treatment decision making in a collectively funded health care system: possible conflicts and some potential solutions
by Sculpher, Mark & Gafni, Amiram & Watt, Ian
- 1379-1388 Life expectancy and mortality differences between migrant groups living in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
by Uitenbroek, Daan G. & Verhoeff, Arnoud P.
- 1389-1400 Concepts of illness causation and attitudes to health care among older people in the Republic of Ireland
by MacFarlane, Anne & Kelleher, Cecily
- 1401-1417 A theoretical and empirical analysis of context: : neighbourhoods, smoking and youth
by Frohlich, Katherine L. & Potvin, Louise & Chabot, Patrick & Corin, Ellen
- 1419-1427 Socio-demographic correlates of psychiatric morbidity among low-income women in Aleppo, Syria
by Maziak, Wasim & Asfar, Taghrid & Mzayek, Fawaz & Fouad, Fouad M & Kilzieh, Nael
- 1429-1440 Health risk escalators and the rehabilitation of offenders with learning disabilities
by Heyman, Bob & Griffiths, Carol Buswell & Taylor, John
- 1441-1451 Awareness among community-dwelling elderly of assistive devices for mobility and self-care and attitudes towards their use
by Roelands, Marc & Van Oost, Paulette & Buysse, Ann & Depoorter, AnneMarie
- 1453-1461 Coping styles and locus of control as predictors for psychological adjustment of adolescents with a chronic illness
by Meijer, Susan A. & Sinnema, Gerben & Bijstra, Jan O. & Mellenbergh, Gideon J. & Wolters, Wim H. G.
April 2002, Volume 54, Issue 8
- 1153-1165 Beliefs about and responses to childhood ear infections: a study of parents in Eastern North Carolina
by Curry, Matthew D. & Mathews, Holly F. & Daniel, Hal J. & Johnson, Jeffrey C. & Mansfield, Christopher J.
- 1167-1180 Managed care and the US health care system : a social exchange perspective
by Grembowski, David E. & Cook, Karen S. & Patrick, Donald L. & Roussel, Amy Elizabeth
- 1181-1198 Regional differences in functional status among the aged
by Porell, Frank W. & Miltiades, Helen B.
- 1199-1214 The construction of community participation: village family planning groups and the Indonesian state
by Shiffman, Jeremy
- 1215-1224 Users' understanding of medical knowledge in general practice
by Chapple, Alison & Campbell, Stephen & Rogers, Anne & Roland, Martin
- 1225-1241 Construction of a GP integration model
by Batterham, R. & Southern, D. & Appleby, N. & Elsworth, G. & Fabris, S. & Dunt, D. & Young, D.
- 1243-1254 "Women enjoy punishment": attitudes and experiences of gender-based violence among PHC nurses in rural South Africa
by Kim, Julia & Motsei, Mmatshilo
- 1255-1266 Health sector reform and public sector health worker motivation: a conceptual framework
by Franco, Lynne Miller & Bennett, Sara & Kanfer, Ruth
- 1267-1279 Researching Aboriginal health: experience from a study of urban young people's health and well-being
by Holmes, Wendy & Stewart, Paul & Garrow, Anne & Anderson, Ian & Thorpe, Lisa
- 1281-1298 Depression, parenthood, and age at first birth
by Mirowsky, John & Ross, Catherine E.
- 1299-1308 Household economic strategies and nutritional anthropometry of women in American Samoa and highland Bolivia
by Bindon, James R. & Vitzthum, Virginia J.
April 2002, Volume 54, Issue 7
- 1001-1009 Task orientated nursing in a tuberculosis control programme in South Africa: : where does it come from and what keeps it going?
by van der Walt, Hester M. & Swartz, Leslie
- 1011-1023 Communicative competence in the delivery of bad news
by Gillotti, Cathy & Thompson, Teresa & McNeilis, Kelly
- 1025-1037 Networks of nomads: negotiating access to health resources among pastoralist women in Chad
by Hampshire, Kate
- 1039-1049 Homeless "squeegee kids": Food insecurity and daily survival
by Dachner, Naomi & Tarasuk, Valerie
- 1051-1064 Birth order and mortality: a life-long follow-up of 14,200 boys and girls born in early 20th century Sweden
by Modin, Bitte
- 1065-1079 Factors associated with unintended pregnancy in Yamagata, Japan
by Goto, Aya & Yasumura, Seiji & Reich, Michael R. & Fukao, Akira
- 1081-1091 Balancing rigour and acceptability: the use of HIV incidence to evaluate a community-based randomised trial in rural Uganda
by Mitchell, Kirstin & Nakamanya, Sarah & Kamali, Anatoli & Whitworth, James A. G.
- 1093-1110 Treading the path of least resistance: HIV/AIDS and social inequalities--a South African case study
by Gilbert, Leah & Walker, Liz
- 1111-1130 Participating in decisions about treatment: overt parent pressure for antibiotic medication in pediatric encounters
by Stivers, Tanya
- 1131-1141 Reflections and recommendations on research ethics in developing countries
by Benatar, S. R.
- 1143-1144 Commentary: Biomedical research, trade policy and international health: beyond medical ethics
by Ashcroft, Richard
- 1145-1146 Commentary on 'reflections and recommendations on research ethics in developing countries' by S.R. Benatar
by Pang, Tikki
- 1147-1148 Response to Doctors Pang and Ashcroft
by Benatar, Solomon R.
March 2002, Volume 54, Issue 6
- 849-868 Social capital and health (plus wealth, income inequality and regional health governance)
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 869-877 Private medical practitioners and managed care in Malaysia: a survey of knowledge and attitudes held by Federal Territory based doctors
by Marnoch, Gordon & Lian, Paul C. S.
- 879-888 Managed care members talk about trust
by Goold, Susan Dorr & Klipp, Glenn
- 889-904 The theory of use behind telemedicine: : how compatible with physicians' clinical routines?
by Lehoux, P. & Sicotte, C. & Denis, J. -L. & Berg, M. & Lacroix, A.
- 905-918 The influence of user fees and patient demand on prescribers in rural Nepal
by Holloway, Kathleen A. & Gautam, Bharat R. & Harpham, Trudy & Taket, Ann
- 919-929 To what extent can we explain time trade-off values from other information about respondents?
by Dolan, Paul & Roberts, Jennifer
- 931-937 Predicting small area health-related behaviour: a comparison of multilevel synthetic estimation and local survey data
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham
- 939-953 Market reforms and public incentives: finding a balance in the Republic of Macedonia
by Nordyke, Robert J. & Peabody, John W.
- 955-969 Representations of far-flung illnesses: the case of Ebola in Britain
by Joffe, Hélène & Haarhoff, Georgina
- 971-980 Body image and physical disability--personal perspectives
by Taleporos, George & McCabe, Marita P
- 981-991 The impact of hospices on health care expenditures--the case of Taiwan
by Lo, Joan C.
March 2002, Volume 54, Issue 5
- 643-647 Introduction to 'social and economic patterning of women's health in a changing world'
by Arber, Sara & Khlat, Myriam
- 649-661 Gender equity and socioeconomic inequality: a framework for the patterning of women's health
by Moss, Nancy E.
- 663-676 A generation apart? Gender-related experiences and health in women in early and late mid-life
by Hunt, Kate
- 677-692 The influence of work, household structure, and social, personal and material resources on gender differences in health: an analysis of the 1994 Canadian National Population Health Survey
by Walters, Vivienne & McDonough, Peggy & Strohschein, Lisa
- 693-706 Investigating socio-economic explanations for gender and ethnic inequalities in health
by Cooper, Helen
- 707-726 Women's health status in Poland in the transition to a market economy
by Wróblewska, Wiktoria
- 727-740 Multiple roles and health among British and Finnish women: the influence of socioeconomic circumstances
by Lahelma, Eero & Arber, Sara & Kivelä, Katariina & Roos, Eva
- 741-752 Combining a job and children: contrasting the health of married and divorced women in the Netherlands?
by Fokkema, Tineke
- 753-765 Women's work and health in Iran: a comparison of working and non-working mothers
by Ahmad-Nia, Shirin
- 767-782 Chronic stress and the social patterning of women's health in Canada
by McDonough, Peggy & Walters, Vivienne & Strohschein, Lisa
- 783-798 The importance of low control at work and home on depression and anxiety: do these effects vary by gender and social class?
by Griffin, Joan M. & Fuhrer, Rebecca & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Marmot, Michael
- 799-810 Socio-economic gradients in psychological distress: a focus on women, social roles and work-home characteristics
by Matthews, Sharon & Power, Chris
- 811-825 How gender affects patterns of social relations and their impact on health: a comparison of one or multiple sources of support from "close persons"
by Fuhrer, R. & Stansfeld, S. A.
- 827-838 Place and personal circumstances in a multilevel account of women's long-term illness
by Wiggins, R. D. & Joshi, H. & Bartley, M. & Gleave, S. & Lynch, K. & Cullis, A.
- 839-848 Charting a course for the future of women's health in the United States: concepts, findings and recommendations
by Strobino, Donna M. & Grason, Holly & Minkovitz, Cynthia
February 2002, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 481-492 The contribution of gender-role orientation, work factors and home stressors to psychological well-being and sickness absence in male- and female-dominated occupational groups
by Evans, Olga & Steptoe, Andrew
- 493-504 Factors determining inpatient satisfaction with care
by Nguyen Thi, Phi Linh & Briancon, S. & Empereur, F. & Guillemin, F.
- 505-518 Sister cities and easy passage: HIV, mobility and economies of desire in a Thai/Lao border zone
by Lyttleton, Chris & Amarapibal, Amorntip
- 519-527 Altruistic willingness to pay in community-based sales of insecticide-treated nets exists in Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Shu, Elvis & Nwagbo, Douglas & Akpala, Cyril & Okonkwo, Paul
- 529-544 Companions through cancer: : the care given by informal carers in cancer contexts
by Thomas, Carol & Morris, Sara M. & Harman, Juliet C.
- 545-559 Inequalities in the transition of cerebrovascular disease mortality in New South Wales, Australia 1969-1996
by Burnley, Ian H. & Rintoul, Duncan
- 561-576 Letting the Gini out of the bottle? Challenges facing the relative income hypothesis
by Ellison, George T. H.
- 577-589 Income, income inequality and health: what can we learn from aggregate data?
by Gravelle, Hugh & Wildman, John & Sutton, Matthew
- 591-605 Gender similarities in doctors' preferences -- and gender differences in final specialisation
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
- 607-619 Worlds apart: a comparison between physical activities among youth in Glasgow, Scotland and Dunedin, New Zealand
by West, Patrick & Reeder, Anthony I. & Milne, Barry J. & Poulton, Richie
- 621-624 Gender differences in mental health: evidence from three organisations
by Emslie, Carol & Fuhrer, Rebecca & Hunt, Kate & Macintyre, Sally & Shipley, Martin & Stansfeld, Stephen
- 625-642 Reproductive rights and the state in Serbia and Croatia
by Shiffman, Jeremy & Skrabalo, Marina & Subotic, Jelena
February 2002, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 323-324 Health policy: drawing on a "global laboratory"
by Davis, Peter
- 325-337 HIV risk environment for Ghanaian women: challenges to prevention
by Mill, Judy E. & Anarfi, John K.
- 339-347 Is nondirectiveness possible within the context of antenatal screening and testing?
by Williams, Clare & Alderson, Priscilla & Farsides, Bobbie
- 349-361 'The thief of womanhood': women's experience of polycystic ovarian syndrome
by Kitzinger, Celia & Willmott, Jo
- 363-376 Physiognomy, familism and consumerism: preferences among Jewish-Israeli recipients of donor insemination
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna & Carmeli, Yoram S.
- 377-386 Health care switching behaviour of malaria patients in a Kenyan rural community
by Nyamongo, I. K.
- 387-397 Use of indigenous and indigenised medicines to enhance personal well-being: a South African case study
by Cocks, Michelle & Møller, Valerie
- 399-409 The doctor as God's mechanic? Beliefs in the Southeastern United States
by Mansfield, Christopher J. & Mitchell, Jim & King, Dana E.
- 411-422 A social and demographic study of Tibetan refugees in India
by Bhatia, Shushum & Dranyi, Tsegyal & Rowley, Derrick
- 423-432 Tuberculosis among Tibetan refugees in India
by Bhatia, Shushum & Dranyi, Tsegyal & Rowley, Derrick
- 433-443 Dignity in the terminally ill: a developing empirical model
by Chochinov, Harvey Max & Hack, Thomas & McClement, Susan & Kristjanson, Linda & Harlos, Mike
- 445-457 'The cold hard facts' immunisation and vaccine preventable diseases in Australia's newsprint media 1993-1998
by Leask, Julie & Chapman, Simon
- 459-467 Socio-cultural implications of changing organizational technologies in the provision of care
by Mechanic, David
- 469-479 Transparency and selfhood:: Utopia and the informed body
by Chrysanthou, Marc
January 2002, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 165-178 Women's social networks and child survival in Mali
by Adams, Alayne M. & Madhavan, Sangeetha & Simon, Dominique
- 179-192 Women who sell sex in a Ugandan trading town: life histories, survival strategies and risk
by Gysels, Marjolein & Pool, Robert & Nnalusiba, Betty
- 193-204 The reproductive and occupational health of women street vendors in Johannesburg, South Africa
by Pick, William M. & Ross, Mary H. & Dada, Yasmin
- 205-220 The decline of female circumcision in Egypt: evidence and interpretation
by El-Gibaly, Omaima & Ibrahim, Barbara & Mensch, Barbara S. & Clark, Wesley H.
- 221-228 Severity of musculoskeletal pain: relations to socioeconomic inequality
by Brekke, Mette & Hjortdahl, Per & Kvien, Tore K.
- 229-244 "Tooth worms", poverty tattoos and dental care conflicts in Northeast Brazil
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Nuto, Sharmênia de Araújo Soares
- 245-254 Historical trends of survival among widows and widowers
by Mineau, Geraldine P. & Smith, Ken R. & Bean, Lee L.
- 255-266 A socio-legal and economic analysis of contracting in the NHS internal market using a case study of contracting for district nursing
by Allen, Pauline
- 267-279 Dual job holding practitioners in Bangladesh: an exploration
by Gruen, Reinhold & Anwar, Raqibul & Begum, Tahmina & Killingsworth, James R. & Normand, Charles
- 281-293 Responsibility and cancer disclosure in Japan
by Elwyn, Todd S. & Fetters, Michael D. & Sasaki, Hiroki & Tsuda, Tsukasa
- 295-308 Constructing an account by contrast in counselling for childhood genetic testing
by Sarangi, Srikant & Clarke, Angus
- 309-317 Immigrants from Chernobyl-affected areas in Israel: the link between health and social adjustment
by Remennick, L. I.
January 2002, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-10 Gender and outpatient mental health service use
by Rhodes, Anne E. & Goering, Paula N. & To, Teresa & Williams, J. Ivan
- 11-21 Listening to respondents: : a qualitative assessment of the Short-Form 36 Health Status Questionnaire
by Mallinson, Sara
- 23-31 Quality of registration of maternal deaths in Mozambique: a community-based study in rural and urban areas
by Songane, Francisco Ferreira & Bergström, Staffan
- 33-48 Cultural change and mental health in Greenland: the association of childhood conditions, language, and urbanization with mental health and suicidal thoughts among the Inuit of Greenland
by Bjerregaard, Peter & Curtis, Tine
- 49-64 Health care for the elderly: two cases of technology diffusion
by Dozet, Alexander & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Nystedt, Paul
- 65-77 Metropolitan area income inequality and self-rated health--a multi-level study
by Blakely, Tony A. & Lochner, Kimberly & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 79-91 An imperfect refuge: : life in an 'old folk's home' for younger residents with psychiatric disorders
by Jervis, Lori L.
- 93-104 Smoking and quitting: a qualitative study with community-living psychiatric clients
by Lawn, Sharon J. & Pols, Rene G. & Barber, James G.
- 105-117 Health-seeking behavior of Karachi women with reproductive tract infections
by Ishaq Bhatti, Lubna & Fikree, Fariyal F.
- 119-132 Characterization of household food insecurity in Québec: food and feelings
by Hamelin, Anne-Marie & Beaudry, Micheline & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 133-146 Compensating behaviors, regret, and heterogeneity in the dynamics of smoking behavior
by Xu, K. Tom
- 147-159 HIV serostatus and factors related to physical and mental well-being in Latina family AIDS caregivers
by Land, Helen & Hudson, Sharon
December 2001, Volume 53, Issue 12
- 1575-1585 Using an interactive framework of society and lifecourse to explain self-rated health in early adulthood
by Hertzman, Clyde & Power, Chris & Matthews, Sharon & Manor, Orly
- 1587-1597 An investigation into the cyclical incidence of dengue fever
by Keating, Joseph
- 1599-1609 Accessibility and spatial distribution of general practice services in an Australian city by levels of social disadvantage
by Hyndman, Jilda C. G. & Holman, C. D'Arcy J.
- 1611-1619 What determines health? To where should we shift resources? : Attitudes towards the determinants of health among multiple stakeholder groups in Prince Edward Island, Canada
by Eyles, John & Brimacombe, Michael & Chaulk, Paul & Stoddart, Greg & Pranger, Tina & Moase, Olive
- 1621-1630 Health behaviour, risk awareness and emotional well-being in students from Eastern Europe and Western Europe
by Steptoe, Andrew & Wardle, Jane
- 1631-1640 Cataract surgery in a community hospital outreach clinic: patients' costs and satisfaction
by Haynes, Robin & Gale, Susan & Mugford, Miranda & Davies, Peter
- 1641-1651 Determinants of general practitioner use among women in Australia
by Young, Anne F. & Dobson, Annette J. & Byles, Julie E.
- 1653-1666 Family effects on self-reported health among Russian wives and husbands
by Cubbins, Lisa A. & Szaflarski, Magdalena
- 1667-1681 The main determinants of infant mortality in Nepal
by Suwal, Juhee V.
- 1683-1696 Risk factors and child mortality among the Miao in Yunnan, Southwest China
by Foggin, Peter & Armijo-Hussein, Nagib & Marigaux, Céline & Zhu, Hui & Liu, Zeyuan
- 1697-1710 When the bough breaks: provider-initiated comprehensive care is more effective and less expensive for sole-support parents on social assistance
by Browne, Gina & Byrne, Carolyn & Roberts, Jacqueline & Gafni, Amiram & Whittaker, Susan
- 1711-1719 Deprivation and mortality: the implications of spatial autocorrelation for health resources allocation
by Lorant, Vincent & Thomas, Isabelle & Deliège, Denise & Tonglet, René
- 1721-1732 Medical audit: threat or opportunity for the medical profession. A comparative study of medical audit among medical specialists in general hospitals in the Netherlands and England, 1970-1999
by Herk, R. van & Klazinga, N. S. & Schepers, R. M. J. & Casparie, A. F.
December 2001, Volume 53, Issue 11
- 1413-1426 Determinants of HIV risk among Indian truck drivers
by Bryan, Angela D. & Fisher, Jeffrey D. & Joseph Benziger, T.
- 1427-1438 The death of a Princess and the formulation of medical competence
by Nurok, Michael
- 1439-1453 The role of cultural and economic determinants in mortality decline in the Netherlands, 1875/1879-1920/1924: a regional analysis
by Wolleswinkel-van den Bosch, J. H. & van Poppel, F. W. A. & Looman, C. W. N. & Mackenbach, J. P.
- 1455-1460 Male complications of female genital mutilation
by Almroth, Lars & Almroth-Berggren, Vanja & Mahmoud Hassanein, Osman & Salah Eldin Al-Said, Said & Siddiq Alamin Hasan, Sharif & Lithell, Ulla-Britt & Bergström, Staffan
- 1461-1468 Promoting travel clinic referrals: exploring partnerships for healthier travel
by MacDougall, Laura & Gyorkos, Theresa
- 1469-1479 Assessing mental capacity in Canadian Aboriginal seniors
by Cattarinich, Xavier & Gibson, Nancy & Cave, Andrew J.
- 1481-1490 Legal abortion: a painful necessity
by Kero, A. & Högberg, U. & Jacobsson, L. & Lalos, A.
- 1491-1502 Third sector primary care for vulnerable populations
by Crampton, Peter & Dowell, Anthony & Woodward, Alistair
- 1503-1511 Spirituality and well-being: an exploratory study of the patient perspective
by Daaleman, Timothy P. & Cobb, Ann Kuckelman & Frey, Bruce B.
- 1513-1524 Sources of support and the physical and mental well-being of young women with breast cancer
by Bloom, Joan R. & Stewart, Susan L. & Johnston, Monica & Banks, Priscilla & Fobair, Patricia
- 1525-1539 Women's health in a rural setting in societal transition in Ethiopia
by Berhane, Y. & Gossaye, Y. & Emmelin, M. & Hogberg, U.
- 1541-1556 Staying healthy: the salience and meaning of health maintenance behaviors among rural older adults in North Carolina
by Arcury, Thomas A. & Quandt, Sara A. & Bell, Ronny A.
November 2001, Volume 53, Issue 10
- 1261-1273 Consequences of disease: testing the WHO International Classification of Impairments, Disabilities and Handicaps (ICIDH) model
by Johnston, Marie & Pollard, Beth
- 1275-1285 A psychometric analysis of the measurement level of the rating scale, time trade-off, and standard gamble
by Cook, Karon F. & Ashton, Carol M. & Byrne, Margaret M. & Brody, Baruch & Geraci, Jane & Giesler, R. Brian & Hanita, Makoto & Souchek, Julianne & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1287-1301 Psycho-social determinants for sexual partner referral in Uganda: Quantitative results
by Nuwaha, F. & Faxelid, E. & Wabwire-Mangen, F. & Eriksson, C. & Höjer, B.
- 1303-1320 La Familia: methodological issues in the assessment of perinatal social support for Mexicanas living in the United States
by Clark, Lauren
- 1321-1334 Language acquisition, unemployment and depressive disorder among Southeast Asian refugees: a 10-year study
by Beiser, Morton & Hou, Feng
- 1335-1350 Relationship between outpatients' perceptions of physicians' communication styles and patients' anxiety levels in a Japanese oncology setting
by Takayama, Tomoko & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Katsumata, Noriyuki
- 1351-1362 Lifestyle incongruity, social integration, and immune function in Samoan adolescents
by McDade, Thomas W.
- 1363-1372 Care seeking in Sri Lanka: one possible explanation for low childhood mortality
by Amarasiri de Silva, M. W. & Wijekoon, Ananda & Hornik, Robert & Martines, Jose
- 1373-1381 General subjective health status or age-related subjective health status: does it make a difference?
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora
- 1383-1396 "No strength": sex and old age in a rural town in Ghana
by van der Geest, Sjaak
November 2001, Volume 53, Issue 9
- 1115-1124 Cluster and regional influences on suicide in a Southwestern American Indian tribe
by Wissow, Lawrence S. & Walkup, John & Barlow, Allison & Reid, Raymond & Kane, Scott
- 1125-1134 Hong Kong Chinese daughters' intergenerational caregiving obligations: : a cultural model approach
by Holroyd, Eleanor
- 1135-1148 Infant care practices in New Zealand: a cross-cultural qualitative study
by Abel, Sally & Park, Julie & Tipene-Leach, David & Finau, Sitaleki & Lennan, Michele
- 1149-1162 Equity of access to health care services: : Theory and evidence from the UK
by Goddard, Maria & Smith, Peter
- 1163-1174 Gendered embodiment and survival for young people with cystic fibrosis
by Willis, Evan & Miller, Rosemary & Wyn, Johanna
- 1175-1189 Public health responses for skin cancer prevention: the policy framing of Sun Safety in Australia, Canada and England
by Garvin, Theresa & Eyles, John
- 1191-1204 Health needs of the Roma population in the Czech and Slovak Republics
by Koupilová, Ilona & Epstein, Helen & Holcík, Jan & Hajioff, Steve & McKee, Martin
- 1205-1215 Exposure, resistance, and recovery: a three-dimensional framework for the study of mortality from infectious disease
by Kirby, James B.
- 1217-1225 From salvation to civics: service to the sick in nursing discourse
by Nelson, Sioban
- 1227-1236 Life disruption and generic complexity: a social linguistic analysis of narratives of cancer illness
by Jordens, Christopher F. C. & Little, Miles & Paul, Kim & Sayers, Emma-Jane
- 1237-1246 Cross-cultural surveys of adolescent health and behavior: progress and problems
by Michaud, Pierre-André & Blum, Robert W. & Slap, Gail B.
- 1247-1257 Accommodation, resistance and transcendence: three narratives of autism
by Gray, David E.
October 2001, Volume 53, Issue 8
- 989-1002 When protocols fail: technical evaluation, biomedical knowledge, and the social production of 'facts' about a telemedicine clinic
by May, Carl & Ellis, Nicola T.
- 1003-1009 A study of demographic changes under sustained below-replacement fertility in Hong Kong SAR
by Yip, Paul S. F. & Lee, Joseph & Chan, Beda & Au, Jade
- 1011-1021 'They've forgotten that I'm the mum': constructing and practising motherhood in special care nurseries
by Lupton, Deborah & Fenwick, Jennifer
- 1023-1036 Demand for health care in Denmark: results of a national sample survey using contingent valuation
by Gyldmark, Marlene & Morrison, Gwendolyn C.
- 1037-1043 Using time-series analyses to detect the health effects of medical care reforms: : a Norwegian example
by Catalano, Ralph & Hansen, Hans-Tore
- 1045-1056 Utilisation of private care by public primary care clinic attenders with diabetes: : relationship to health status and social factors
by Gulliford, Martin C. & Mahabir, Deepak
- 1057-1066 Is hospital case management a rationalized myth?
by Roggenkamp, Susan D. & White, Kenneth R.
- 1067-1080 'Smoke like a man, die like a man'?: A review of the relationship between gender, sex and lung cancer
by Payne, Sarah
- 1081-1094 Medicine betrayed: hemophilia patients and HIV in the US
by Keshavjee, Salmaan & Weiser, Sheri & Kleinman, Arthur
- 1095-1112 Mot Luuk problems in northeast Thailand: why women's own health concerns matter as much as disease rates
by Boonmongkon, Pimpawun & Nichter, Mark & Pylypa, Jen
October 2001, Volume 53, Issue 7
- 845-863 Navigating the time-space context of HIV and AIDS: : daily routines and access to care
by Takahashi, Lois M. & Wiebe, Douglas & Rodriguez, Rigoberto
- 865-878 Gender and health services use for a mental health problem
by Albizu-Garcia, Carmen E. & Alegría, Margarita & Freeman, Daniel & Vera, Mildred
- 879-894 Adoption of smart cards in the medical sector: : the Canadian experience
by Aubert, Benoit A. & Hamel, Geneviève
- 895-913 Innovation and regulation in human implant technologies: developing comparative approaches
by Faulkner, Alex & Kent, Julie
- 915-925 Social deprivation, income inequality, social cohesion and dental caries in Brazilian school children
by Pattussi, Marcos Pascoal & Marcenes, Wagner & Croucher, Ray & Sheiham, Aubrey
- 927-941 In their own words: a model of healthy aging
by Bryant, Lucinda L. & Corbett, Kitty K. & Kutner, Jean S.
- 943-955 The reprofessionalisation of community pharmacy? An exploration of attitudes to extended roles for community pharmacists amongst pharmacists and General Practioners in the United Kingdom
by Edmunds, June & Calnan, Michael W.
- 957-967 The effects of sex and age of responders on the reliability of self-diagnosed infection: a study of self-reported urinary schistosomiasis in Tanzanian school children
by Ansell, Juliet & Guyatt, Helen & Hall, Andrew & Kihamia, Charles & Bundy, Donald
- 969-970 Estimating the employment and earnings costs of mental illness--recent developments in the United States, Marcotte and Wilcox-Gok
by Koopmanschap, Marc A.