Social Science & Medicine
1998, Volume 47, Issue 6
- 809-819 The occupational integration of former Soviet physicians in Israel
by Bernstein, Judith H. & Shuval, Judith T.
- 821-830 Personal constitution and health status among Chinese elderly in Taipei and Los Angeles
by Lew-Ting, Chih-yin & Hurwicz, Margo-Lea & Berkanovic, Emil
- 831-840 Racial differences in functional status among elderly U.S. migrants from the south
by Kington, Raynard & Carlisle, David & McCaffrey, Dan & Myers, Hector & Allen, Walter
1998, Volume 47, Issue 5
- 555-564 Negotiating reproduction and gender during the fertility decline in Turkey
by Angin, Zeynep & Shorter, Frederic C.
- 565-579 Place of death and access to home care services: are certain patient groups at a disadvantage?
by Grande, G. E. & Addington-Hall, J. M. & Todd, C. J.
- 581-593 Well-being of haemophilia patients: a model for direct and indirect effects of medical parameters on the physical and psychosocial functioning
by Triemstra, A. H. M. & Van der Ploeg, H. M. & Smit, C. & Briët, E. & Adèr, H. J. & Rosendaal, F. R.
- 595-601 Patients' reactions to attempts to increase passive or active coping with surgery
by Peerbhoy, Denise & Hall, George M. & Parker, Christopher & Shenkin, Alan & Salmon, Peter
- 603-611 Direct and indirect effects of chronic physical conditions on depression: A preliminary investigation
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar
- 613-620 Disparity of medical care utilization among different health insurance schemes in Taiwan
by Cheng, Shou-Hsia & Chiang, Tung-Liang
- 621-634 Distinguishing between chronic and nonchronic fatigue, the role of gender and age
by Van Mens-Verhulst, Janneke & Bensing, Jozien
- 635-643 Social relations and mortality. An eleven year follow-up study of 70-year-old men and women in Denmark
by Avlund, Kirsten & Damsgaard, Mogens Trab & Holstein, BjØrn E.
- 645-656 Recognizing the reversible nature of child-feeding decisions: Breastfeeding, weaning, and relactation patterns in a shanty town community of Lima, Peru
by Marquis, Grace S. & Díaz, Judith & Bartolini, Rosario & Creed de Kanashiro, Hilary & Rasmussen, Kathleen M.
- 657-664 Smoking and smoking cessation among men whose partners are pregnant: a qualitative study
by Wakefield, Melanie & Reid, Yolande & Roberts, Lyn & Mullins, Robyn & Gillies, Pamela
- 665-675 Factors related to physical activity: a study of adolescents
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar & Thorlindsson, Thorolfur
- 677-691 Service use by family caregivers in Japan
by Yamamoto, Noriko & Wallhagen, Margaret I.
1998, Volume 47, Issue 4
- 419-428 Development of mental health services in Tanzania: A reappraisal for the future
by Kilonzo, G. P. & Simmons, N.
- 429-443 Mortality decline in The Netherlands in the period 1850-1992: A turning point analysis
by Wolleswinkel-van den Bosch, Judith H. & van Poppel, Frans W. A. & Tabeau, Ewa & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 445-453 General practice in urban and rural Europe: The range of curative services
by Boerma, Wienke G. W. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Van der Zee, Jouke
- 455-468 Female physicians in Mexico: Migration and mobility in the lifecourse
by Harrison, Margaret E.
- 469-476 Residential segregation and mortality in New York City
by Fang, Jing & Madhavan, Shantha & Bosworth, William & Alderman, Michael H.
- 477-486 Child feeding and care behaviors are associated with xerophthalmia in rural Nepalese households
by Gittelsohn, Joel & Shankar, Anita V. & West, Keith P. & Faruque, Faisal & Gnywali, Tara & Pradhan, Elizabeth K.
- 487-496 General practitioners' attributions of fatigue
by De Rijk, Angelique E. & Schreurs, Karlein M. G. & Bensing, Jozien M.
- 497-506 Practice nurses and the effects of the new general practitioner contract in the British NHS: The advent of a professional project?
by Broadbent, Jane
- 507-517 Managerialism and active citizenship in Britain's reformed health service: power and community in an era of decentralisation
by Milewa, Timothy & Valentine, Justin & Calnan, Michael
- 519-523 Doctors' attitudes to acupuncture -- a Norwegian study
by Norheim, Arne Johan & FØnnebØ, Vinjar
- 525-533 Social inequality in coronary heart disease: a comparison of occupational classifications
by Chandola, Tarani
- 535-545 Paradigms of retirement: the importance of health and ageing in the whitehall ii study
by Mein, G. & Higgs, P. & Ferrie, J. & Stansfeld, S. A.
1998, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 287-301 A review of relationships between active living and determinants of health
by Frankish, C. James & Milligan, C. Dawne & Reid, Colleen
- 303-315 Socioeconomic inequalities in health expectancy in Finland and Norway in the late 1980s
by Sihvonen, Ari-Pekka & Kunst, Anton E. & Lahelma, Eero & Valkonen, Tapani & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 317-327 The health and welfare effects of day-care: A systematic review of randomised controlled trials
by Zoritch, B. & Roberts, I. & Oakley, A.
- 329-339 Patient participation in decision-making
by Guadagnoli, Edward & Ward, Patricia
- 341-346 Physicians' prescribing behaviour for diarrhoea in children: An ethnoepidemiological study in southern Brazil
by Béria, Jorge U. & Damiani, Magda F. & dos Santos, Iná S. & Lombardi, Cintia
- 347-354 The physician-patient encounter: The physician as a perfect agent for the patient versus the informed treatment decision-making model
by Gafni, Amiram & Charles, Cathy & Whelan, Tim
- 357-369 Educational level and adult mortality in Russia: An analysis of routine data 1979 to 1994
by Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Leon, David A. & Adamets, Sergey & Eugeniy Andreev & Deev, Alexander
- 371-379 Attitudes towards helminthic infection in the Jirel population of eastern Nepal
by Williams-Blangero, S. & Subedi, J. & Upadhayay, R. P. & Manral, D. B. & Khadka, K. & Jirel, S. & Robinson, E. S. & Blangero, J.
- 381-394 What does quality mean to lay people? Community perceptions of primary health care services in Guinea
by Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre & Machouf, Nimâ & Yatara, Fassinet
- 395-403 "Alone, I wouldn't have known what to do":A qualitative study on social supportduring labor and delivery in Mexico
by Campero, Lourdes & García, Cecilia & Díaz, Carmen & Ortiz, Olivia & Reynoso, Sofía & Langer, Ana
- 405-410 Guinea worm disease - a chance for successful eradication in the Volta region, Ghana
by Diamenu, Stanley K. & Nyaku, Albertha A.
1998, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 153-164 Pharmacy's attempts to extend its roles: A case study in South Africa
by Gilbert, Leah
- 165-179 Patterns of visits to hospital-based emergency rooms
by Béland, François & Lemay, Anne & Boucher, Marcel
- 181-193 Women in general practice: Responding to the sexual division of labour?
by Brooks, Fiona
- 195-202 The meanings of tuberculosis for Mexican migrant farmworkers in the United States
by Poss, Jane E.
- 203-211 Cost-effectiveness of strategies to market and train primary health care physicians in brief intervention techniques for hazardous alcohol use
by Gomel, Michelle K. & Wutzke, Sonia E. & Hardcastle, Deborah M. & Lapsley, Helen & Reznik, Robert B.
- 213-222 Valuing temporary and chronic health states associated with breast screening
by Johnston, Katharine & Brown, Jackie & Gerard, Karen & O'Hanlon, Moira & Morton, Alison
- 223-232 Mandatory pooling as a supplement to risk-adjusted capitation payments in a competitive health insurance market
by van Barneveld, Erik M. & Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, René C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 233-242 "He forced me to love him": putting violence on adolescent sexual health agendas
by Wood, Katharine & Maforah, Fidelia & Jewkes, Rachel
- 243-253 Health appraisal models in multiple sclerosis
by Roberts, Greg & Stuifbergen, Alexa K.
- 255-267 Can prostitutes marry? Thai attitudes toward female sex workers
by Peracca, Sara & Knodel, John & Saengtienchai, Chanpen
- 269-279 Socioeconomic factors, perceived control and self-reported health in Russia. A cross-sectional survey
by Bobak, Martin & Pikhart, Hynek & Hertzman, Clyde & Rose, Richard & Marmot, Michael
1998, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-6 Are geographic regions with high income inequality associated with risk of abdominal weight gain?
by Kahn, Henry S. & Tatham, Lilith M. & Pamuk, Elsie R. & Heath, Clark W.
- 7-17 Social capital, income inequality, and firearm violent crime
by Kennedy, Bruce P. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Prothrow-Stith, Deborah & Lochner, Kimberly & Gupta, Vanita
- 19-23 Intra-urban differentials in death rates from homicide in the city of São Paulo, Brazil,1988-1994
by Barata, Rita Barradas & Sampaio de Almeida Ribeiro, Manoel Carlos & Lauretti da Silva Guedes, Marilda Braga & Cássio de Moraes, José
- 25-31 Occupation and unemployment rates as predictors of long term sickness absence in two Swedish counties
by Knutsson, Anders & Goine, Hans
- 33-49 Socioeconomic and environmental covariates of premature mortality in Ontario
by Jerrett, Michael & Eyles, John & Cole, Donald
- 51-58 Social class and substance use disorders: The value of social class as distinct from socioeconomic status
by Wohlfarth, Tamar & van den Brink, Wim
- 59-66 Social disadvantage in the international classification of impairments, disabilities, and handicap
by Chapireau, F. & Colvez, A.
- 67-74 Socio-economic differences in health risk behavior in adolescence: Do they exist?
by Tuinstra, Jolanda & Groothoff, Johan W. & van den Heuvel, Wim J. A. & Post, Doeke
- 75-83 Hours to hell and back: A social epidemiology of railway injury in a South African city, 1890-1995
by Matzopoulos, Richard & Lerer, Leonard B.
- 85-91 The doctor-patient relationship and the management of asthma
by LagerlØv, Per & Leseth, Anne & Matheson, Ingrid
- 93-102 Cognitive representations of illness and functional and affective adjustment following surgery for osteoarthritis
by Orbell, Sheina & Johnston, Marie & Rowley, David & Espley, Arthur & Davey, Peter
- 103-112 Lifestyle discussion in the provision of health care. An empirical study of patient-physician interaction
by Johanson, Marita & Sätterlund Larsson, Ullabeth & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 113-120 Age rationing for renal transplantation? The role of age in decisions regarding scarce life extending medical resources
by Varekamp, I. & Krol, L. J. & Danse, J. A. C.
- 121-131 "Race", ethnicity and haemoglobin disorders
by Dyson, Simon M.
- 133-145 Tet offensive: winning hearts and minds for prevention: Discourse and ideology in Vietnam's "Health" Newspaper
by Finer, David & Thurén, Torsten & Tomson, Göran
1998, Volume 46, Issue 12
- 1519-1529 Gender, socioeconomic status and family status as determinants of food behaviour
by Roos, Eva & Lahelma, Eero & Virtanen, Mikko & Prättälä, Ritva & Pietinen, Pirjo
- 1531-1541 A problem-solving approach to nutrition education with Filipino mothers
by Ticao, Cynthia J. & Aboud, Frances E.
- 1543-1552 Social class differences in health until the age of seven years among the Finnish 1987 birth cohort
by Gissler, Mika & Rahkonen, Ossi & Järvelin, Marjo-Riitta & Hemminki, Elina
- 1553-1567 Interpreting bodily changes as illness: a longitudinal study of older adults
by Haug, Marie R. & Musil, Carol M. & Warner, Camille D. & Morris, Diana L.
- 1569-1585 The World Health Organization quality of life assessment (WHOQOL): Development and general psychometric properties
by The Whoqol Group
- 1587-1598 Contextual determinants of maternal mortality in rural Pakistan
by Midhet, Farid & Becker, Stan & Berendes, Heinz W.
- 1599-1611 Genes, free will, and criminal responsibility
by Alper, Joseph S.
- 1613-1622 Physician administrators and the reorganization of federally sponsored treatment research for AIDS
by Mueller, Mary-Rose
- 1623-1635 Breast cancer in West Islip, NY: A spatial clustering analysis with covariates
by Timander, Linda M. & McLafferty, Sara
- 1637-1653 The refugee crisis in Africa and implications for health and disease: a political ecology approach
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel & Oppong, Joseph
1998, Volume 46, Issue 11
- 1405-1415 Is the effect of job strain on myocardial infarction risk due to interaction between high psychological demands and low decision latitude? Results from Stockholm Heart Epidemiology Program (SHEEP)
by Hallqvist, Johan & Diderichsen, Finn & Theorell, Töres & Reuterwall, Christina & Ahlbom, Anders
- 1417-1424 Gender, work roles and psychosocial work characteristics as determinants of health
by Matthews, Sharon & Hertzman, Clyde & Ostry, Aleck & Power, Chris
- 1425-1428 An epidemic of collective conversion and dissociation disorder in an indigenous group of Colombia: its relation to cultural change
by Piñeros, Marion & Rosselli, Diego & Calderon, Claudia
- 1429-1440 Creating invariant subscales of the GHQ-30
by Whittington, Joyce & Huppert, Felicia A.
- 1441-1449 Private practitioners in the slums of Karachi: what quality of care do they offer?
by Thaver, Inayat H. & Harpham, Trudy & McPake, Barbara & Garner, Paul
- 1451-1457 Socioeconomic status, mortality, and the development of cataract at a young age
by Meddings, David R. & Hertzman, Clyde & Barer, Morris L. & Evans, Robert G. & Kazanjian, Arminée & McGrail, Kimberlyn & Sheps, Samuel B.
- 1459-1476 Mortality by occupational class among men 30-64Â years in 11 European countries
by Kunst, Anton E. & Groenhof, Feikje & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1477-1486 Patients' perceptions of their heart attack and recovery: the influence of epidemiological "evidence" and personal experience
by Wiles, Rose
- 1487-1494 "Breaking the bureaucracy": drug registration and neocolonial relations in Egypt
by Rubinstein, Robert A.
- 1495-1504 To supplant, supplement or support? Organisational issues for hospices
by Payne, Sheila
- 1505-1511 Home birth or short-stay hospital birth in a low risk population in the Netherlands
by Wiegers, T. A. & van der Zee, J. & Kerssens, J. J. & Keirse, M. J. N. C.
1998, Volume 46, Issue 10
- 1255-1260 The international conferences on the Social Sciences and Medicine 1968-1996. An abridged history
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 1261-1270 Medical theories, science, and the practice of medicine
by Lewinsohn, Rachel
- 1271-1274 Latino parents' perception of their children's health status
by Arcia, Emily
- 1275-1290 Adolescent sexual and reproductive behavior: a review of the evidence from India
by Jejeebhoy, Shireen J.
- 1291-1302 The treatment of infants and young children suffering respiratory tract infection and diarrhoeal disease in a rural community in Southeast Indonesia
by Grace, Jocelyn
- 1303-1312 Why resort to illegal abortion in Zambia? Findings of a community-based study in Western Province
by Koster-Oyekan, Winny
- 1313-1323 Abortion, revised: participants in the U.S. clinical trials evaluate mifepristone
by Simonds, Wendy & Ellertson, Charlotte & Springer, Kimberly & Winikoff, Beverly
- 1325-1336 Migration and acculturation among Samoans: some sources of stress and support
by Hanna, Joel M.
- 1337-1353 The self-reported health status of lone parents
by Benzeval, Michaela
- 1355-1366 Self-perceived health in East and West Europe: another European health divide
by Carlson, Per
- 1367-1374 Attitudes towards genetic testing: analysis of contradictions
by Jallinoja, P. & Hakonen, A. & Aro, A. R. & Niemelä, P. & Hietala, M. & Lönnqvist, J. & Peltonen, L. & Aula, P.
- 1375-1380 Patient charges -- a hindrance to financially and psychosocially disadvantage groups seeking care
by Elofsson, Stig & Undén, Anna-Lena & Krakau, Ingvar
- 1381-1396 An event history analysis of age at last menstrual period: correlates of natural and surgical menopause among midlife Wisconsin women
by Shinberg, Diane S.
1998, Volume 46, Issue 9
- 1099-1110 The structure of emotions during acute myocardial infarction: A model of coping
by Alonzo, Angelo A. & Reynolds, Nancy R.
- 1111-1120 Special not different: general practitioners' accounts of their care of dying people
by Field, David
- 1121-1136 Social patterning of ill health in Helsinki and Moscow: Results from a comparative survey in 1991
by Palosuo, Hannele & Uutela, Antti & Zhuravleva, Irina & Lakomova, Nina
- 1137-1149 Community-based trauma systems in the United States: an examination of structural development
by Bazzoli, Gloria J. & Harmata, Rita & Chan, Cheeling
- 1151-1163 Cancer disclosure in Japan: Historical comparisons, current practices
by Elwyn, Todd S. & D. Fetters, Michael & Gorenflo, Daniel W. & Tsukasa Tsuda
- 1165-1174 Death, trauma and ritual: Mozambican refugees in Malawi
by Englund, Harri
- 1175-1182 Internal structure of a measure of self-efficacy in physical activity among high school students
by Dwyer, John J. M. & Allison, Kenneth R. & Makin, Susan
- 1183-1191 Cost-effectiveness analysis and capital costs
by Karlsson, Göran & Johannesson, Magnus
- 1193-1203 Therapeutic landscapes in holistic medicine
by Williams, Allison
- 1205-1212 The accuracy of mothers' reports of child vaccination: evidence from rural Egypt
by Langsten, Ray & Hill, Kenneth
- 1213-1225 Canadian naturopathic practitioners: holistic and scientific world views
by Boon, Heather
- 1227-1233 Firearm suicides and homicides in the United States: regional variations and patterns of gun ownership
by Kaplan, Mark S. & Geling, Olga
- 1235-1247 Gender, social mobility and psychiatric diagnoses
by Timms, Duncan
1998, Volume 46, Issue 8
- 939-945 A modified framework for rural general practice: The importance of recruitment and retention
by Humphreys, John S. & Rolley, Frances
- 947-958 Representing doctors: discourses and images in the Australian press
by Lupton, Deborah & McLean, Jane
- 959-969 Porque me tocó a mi ? Mexican American diabetes patients' causal stories and their relationship to treatment behaviors
by Hunt, Linda M. & Valenzuela, Miguel A. & Pugh, Jacqueline A.
- 971-979 The influence of households on drinking behaviour: a multilevel analysis
by Rice, Nigel & Carr-Hill, Roy & Dixon, Paul & Sutton, Matthew
- 981-993 The "three delays" as a framework for examining maternal mortality in Haiti
by Barnes-Josiah, Debora & Myntti, Cynthia & Augustin, Antoine
- 995-1009 Health and health expenditures in adjusting and non-adjusting countries
by van der Gaag, Jacques & Barham, Tania
- 1011-1016 Which terminally ill cancer patients receive hospice in-patient care?
by Addington-Hall, Julia & Altmann, Dan & McCarthy, Mark
- 1017-1025 Equity is out of fashion? An essay on autonomy and health policy in the individualized society
by Lindbladh, Eva & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Hanson, Bertil S. & Östergren, P. -O.
- 1027-1031 The demand for prehospital emergency services in an aging society
by McConnel, Charles E. & Wilson, Rosemary W.
- 1033-1041 Psychological distress and well-being among traumatized Palestinian women during the intifada
by Khamis, Vivian
- 1043-1056 Competing discourses of vital registration and personhood: perspectives from rural South Africa
by Jewkes, Rachel & Wood, Katharine
- 1057-1066 Education and self-care activities among persons with rheumatoid arthritis
by Katz, Patricia P.
- 1067-1076 Women's decision-making in prenatal screening
by Santalahti, Päivi & Hemminki, Elina & Latikka, Anne-Maria & Ryynänen, Markku
- 1077-1085 Gender differences in marital support following a shared life event
by Edwards, Angela C. & Nazroo, James Y. & Brown, George W.
- 1087-1093 Reductions in hospital use from self management training for chronic asthmatics
by Ghosh, C. S. & Ravindran, P. & Joshi, M. & Stearns, Sally C.
1998, Volume 46, Issue 7
- 785-798 Wealth, equity and health care: a critique of a "population health" perspective on the determinants of health
by Poland, Blake & Coburn, David & Robertson, Ann & Eakinand members of the Critical Social Science Group, Joan
- 799-810 Perceptions and priorities in disease eradication: Dracunculiasis eradication in Africa
by Watts, Susan
- 811-819 An Ancient Scourge: The End Of Dracunculiasis In Egypt
by Watts, Susan
- 821-829 Supplemental health insurance ownership in Israel: An empirical analysis and some implications
by Shmueli, Amir
- 831-842 Community empowerment paradigm drift and the primary prevention of HIV/AIDS
by Beeker, Carolyn & Guenther-Grey, Carolyn & Raj, Anita
- 843-858 Community representatives: Representing the "community"?
by Jewkes, Rachel & Murcott, Anne
- 859-867 The importance of place for older people moving into care homes
by Reed, Jan & Roskell Payton, Valerie & Bond, Senga
- 869-878 "Loss of self" in the narratives of people with traumatic brain injuries: A qualitative analysis
by Nochi, Masahiro
- 879-889 An ethnographic study of night blindness "ratauni" among women in the Terai of Nepal
by Christian, Parul & Bentley, Margaret E. & Pradhan, Rajendra & West, Keith P.
- 891-899 Infertility in the Gambia: frequency and health care seeking
by Sundby, Johanne & Mboge, Reuben & Sonko, Sheriff
- 901-906 Gender differences in consulting a general practitioner for common symptoms of minor illness
by Wyke, Sally & Hunt, Kate & Ford, Graeme
- 907-918 The social construction of the breast cancer epidemic
by Lantz, Paula M. & Booth, Karen M.
- 919-928 Knowledge and information about ADHD: Evidence of cultural differences among African-American and white parents
by Bussing, Regina & Schoenberg, Nancy E. & Perwien, Amy R.
- 929-933 Can raters consistently evaluate the content of focus groups?
by Weinberger, Morris & Ferguson, Jeffrey A. & Westmoreland, Glenda & Mamlin, Lorrie A. & Segar, Douglas S. & Eckert, George J. & Greene, James Y. & K. Martin, Douglas & Tierney, William M.
1998, Volume 46, Issue 6
- 627-629 Seven up--refreshing medical geography: an introduction to selected papers from the Seventh International Symposium in Medical Geography, Portsmouth, U.K
by Moon, Graham & Gould, Myles & Jones, Kelvyn
- 631-639 Over the hill and far away: distance as a barrier to the provision of assistance to elderly relatives
by Joseph, Alun E. & Hallman, Bonnie C.
- 641-659 Intellectual intersections: gender and health in the Pacific
by Lewis, Nancy Davis
- 661-672 Cultural constraints on the delivery of HIV/AIDS prevention in Ireland
by Smyth, Fiona
- 673-681 Tuberculosis mortality in England and Wales during 1982-1992: its association with poverty, ethnicity and AIDS
by Elender, Frances & Bentham, Graham & Langford, Ian
- 683-693 Hypothesized foetal and early life influences on adult heart disease mortality: an ecological analysis of data for the Republic of Ireland
by Pringle, D. G.
- 695-702 Multi-drug resistant tuberculosis in Finland--a forecast
by Löytönen, Markku & Maasilta, Paula
- 703-717 Geographical variation in attitudes towards smoking: findings from the COMMIT communities
by Ross, Nancy A. & Taylor, S. Martin
- 719-727 The public health risks of Lyme disease in Breckland, U.K.: an investigation of environmental and social factors
by Mawby, Tracey V. & Lovett, Andrew A.
- 729-741 The problem of atopic eczema: aetiological clues from the environment and lifestyles
by McNally, N. J. & Phillips, D. R. & Williams, H. C.
- 743-753 Pathways of dependence: the impact of health and social care restructuring--the voluntary experience
by Milligan, Christine
- 755-765 The study of human behavior and schistosomiasis transmission in an irrigated area in Morocco
by Watts, S. & Khallaayoune, K. & Bensefia, R. & Laamrani, H. & Gryseels, B.
- 767-781 Alfred Haviland's nineteenth-century map analysis of the geographical distribution of diseases in England and Wales
by Barrett, Frank A.
1998, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 299-311 Some politico-economic aspects of organ shortage in transplantation medicine
by Obermann, Konrad
- 313-320 HIV/AIDS-related social anxieties in adolescents in three African countries
by Venier, Jennifer L. & Ross, Michael W. & Akande, Adebowale
- 321-330 Is there evidence for behaviour change in response to AIDS in rural Zimbabwe?
by Gregson, Simon & Zhuwau, Tom & Anderson, Roy M. & Chandiwana, Stephen K.
- 331-344 Climate change, thermal stress and mortality changes
by Martens, W. J. M.
- 345-355 Perceived access to care and medication use among ambulatory elderly in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by Miralles, Maria A. & Kimberlin, Carole L.
- 357-367 Contracting for health services in New Zealand: A transaction cost analysis
by Ashton, Toni
- 369-379 Grief, parenting, and schizophrenia
by Davis, Daniel J. & Schultz, Cynthia L.
- 381-395 Analyses of use of tranquilizers and sleeping pills across five surveys of the same population (1985-1991): The relationship with gender, age and use of other substances
by Graham, Kathryn & Vidal-Zeballos, David
- 397-402 Type A behavior intervention in primary health care reduces hostility and time pressure: A study in Sweden
by Karlberg, Lena & Krakau, Ingvar & Undén, Anna-Lena
- 403-414 Maternal employment, child care, and nutritional status of 12-18-month-old children in Managua, Nicaragua
by Lamontagne, Jessica F. & Engle, Patrice L. & Zeitlin, Marian F.
- 415-424 Comparison of medical and nursing attitudes to resuscitation and patient autonomy between a British and an American teaching hospital
by Mello, Michelle & Jenkinson, Crispin
- 425-435 A longitudinal study of health selection in marital transitions
by Joung, Inez M. A. & van de Mheen, H. Dike & Stronks, Karien & van Poppel, Frans W. A. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 437-444 Embodied risk: My body, myself?
by Kavanagh, Anne M. & Broom, Dorothy H.
- 445-458 Genetic screening and haemoglobinopathies: Ethics, politics and practice
by Atkin, Karl & Ahmad, Waqar I. U.
1998, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 151-156 Beyond empowerment: Heterosexualities and the prevention of AIDS
by Giffin, K.
- 157-169 Drug users' sexual relationships and the social organisation of risk: The sexual relationship as a site of risk management
by Rhodes, Tim & Quirk, Alan
- 171-179 Reproductive choices among HIV-positive women
by Bedimo, Ariane Lisann & Bessinger, Ruth & Kissinger, Patricia
- 181-191 The Gambian National Impregnated Bednet Programme: Costs, consequences and net cost-effectiveness
by Aikins, Moses Kweku & Fox-Rushby, Julia & D'Alessandro, Umberto & Langerock, Patricia & Cham, Kabir & New, Laura & Bennett, Steve & Greenwood, Brian & Mills, Anne
- 193-207 Declining professional dominance?: Trends in the proletarianisation of primary care in New Zealand
by Barnett, J. Ross & Barnett, Pauline & Kearns, Robin A.
- 209-225 What do sequential behavioral patterns suggest about the medical decision-making process?: Modeling home case management of acute illnesses in a rural Cameroonian village
by Ryan, Gery W.
- 227-242 The tradeoff between price and quality of services in the Philippines
by Hotchkiss, David R.
- 243-254 The health effects of major organisational change and job insecurity
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Marmot, Michael G. & Stansfeld, Stephen & Smith, George Davey
- 255-273 Ethical and social issues in prenatal sex selection: A survey of geneticists in 37 nations
by Wertz, Dorothy C. & Fletcher, John C.
- 275-286 How people get into mental health services: Stories of choice, coercion and "muddling through" from "first-timers"
by Pescosolido, Bernice A. & Gardner, Carol Brooks & Lubell, Keri M.
- 287-297 Perceived risks associated with mental illness: Beyond homicide and suicide
by Ryan, Tony
1998, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-12 Helicopters, hearts and hips: Using willingness to pay to set priorities for public sector health care programmes
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Donaldson, Cam
- 13-21 The challenge to restoring basic health care in Uganda
by Okello, D. O. & Lubanga, R. & Guwatudde, D. & Sebina-Zziwa, A.
- 23-28 The end of professionalism?
by Southon, Gray & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 29-38 An economic perspective on policy to reduce antimicrobial resistance
by Coast, J. & Smith, R. D. & Millar, M. R.
- 39-51 Regulating the cancer-inducing potential of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: Some lessons from the 1970s and 1980s
by Abraham, John
- 53-58 Causal webs, preventive brooms, and housekeepers
by Robertson, Leon S.
- 59-71 The association between the organization of medical practice and primary care physician attitudes and practice orientations
by Ubokudom, Sunday E.
- 73-81 Situational factors and attitudes toward voluntary euthanasia
by Macdonald, William L.
- 83-95 Dispensing doctors and prescribing pharmacists: A South African perspective
by Gilbert, Leah
- 97-117 Context, composition and heterogeneity: Using multilevel models in health research
by Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham
- 119-129 Accounts of disagreements with doctors
by Annandale, Ellen & Hunt, Kate
- 131-136 In-house referral: Changing general practitioners' roles in the referral of patients to secondary care
by Maggs-Rapport, Frances & Kinnersley, Paul & Owen, Penny
- 137-144 Social inequalities in morbidity from diabetes mellitus in public primary care clinics in Trinidad and Tobago
by Gulliford, Martin C. & Mahabir, Deepak
1997, Volume 45, Issue 12
- 1757-1766 Indicators of socio-economic position and their relation to mortality in Sweden
by Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik
- 1767-1779 Factors associated with antibiotic prescribing in a managed care setting: An exploratory investigation
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Salmon, J. Warren & Stubbings, Joann & Gilomen-Study, Gina & Valuck, Robert J. & Kezlarian, Kim
- 1781-1788 Investigating stress effect patterns in hospital staff nurses: Results of a cluster analysis
by Hillhouse, Joel J. & Adler, Christine M.
- 1789-1804 Cultural eactors constraining the introduction of family planning among the Kassena-Nankana of Northern Ghana
by Adongo, Philip B. & Phillips, James F. & Kajihara, Beverly & Fayorsey, Clara & Debpuur, Cornelius & Binka, Fred N.
- 1805-1809 Does psychological distress contribute to racial and socioeconomic disparities in mortality?
by Fiscella, Kevin & Franks, Peter
- 1811-1828 Familial and socioeconomic influences on children's well-being: An examination of preschool children in Kenya
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 1829-1843 Patient satisfaction: A review of issues and concepts
by Sitzia, John & Wood, Neil
- 1845-1852 Professionalism, patient satisfaction and quality of health care: Experience during Zimbabwe's structural adjustment programme
by Bassett, Mary Travis & Bijlmakers, Leon & Sanders, David M.
- 1853-1862 An ecological paradigm for a health behavior analysis of "Konzo", a paralytic disease of Zaire from toxic cassava
by Boivin, Michael J.