Social Science & Medicine
October 2002, Volume 55, Issue 7
- 1245-1253 Is GP-patient communication related to their perceptions of illness severity, coping and social support?
by Deveugele, M. & Derese, A. & De Maeseneer, J.
- 1255-1266 Predictors of health and human services use by persons with dementia and their family caregivers
by Toseland, Ronald W. & McCallion, Philip & Gerber, Todd & Banks, Steve
- 1267-1278 Chicken or the egg? The biological-psychological controversy surrounding hyperemesis gravidarum
by Munch, Shari
September 2002, Volume 55, Issue 6
- 881-893 Encountering the downward phase: biographical work in people with multiple sclerosis living at home
by Boeije, Hennie R. & Duijnstee, Mia S. H. & Grypdonck, Mieke H. F. & Pool, Aart
- 895-906 Cost characteristics of hospitals
by Smet, Mike
- 907-920 Ready to die: a postmodern interpretation of the increase of African-American adolescent male suicide
by Willis, Leigh A. & Coombs, David W. & Cockerham, William C. & Frison, Sonja L.
- 921-935 State-event relations among indicators of susceptibility to mental distress in Wythenshawe in the UK
by Thomas, Richard & Evans, Sherrill & Gately, Claire & Stordy, Joe & Huxley, Peter & Rogers, Anne & Robson, Brian
- 937-948 Early origins and adult correlates of psychosomatic distress
by Cheung, Yin Bun
- 949-961 Social status determinants of control in individuals' accounts of their mental illness
by Maher, Erin J. & Kroska, Amy
- 963-979 Marginal employment and health in Britain and Germany: does unstable employment predict health?
by Rodriguez, Eunice
- 981-989 The effects of introducing prospective payments to general hospitals on length of stay, quality of care, and hospitals' income: the early experience of Israel
by Shmueli, Amir & Intrator, Orna & Israeli, Avi
- 991-1003 Interdisciplinary collaboration within Quebec community health care centres
by Sicotte, Claude & D'Amour, Danielle & Moreault, Marie-Pierre
- 1005-1013 Primary health care in the era of HIV/AIDS. Some implications for health systems reform
by Petersen, Inge & Swartz, Leslie
- 1015-1024 The spatial epidemiology of cholera in an endemic area of Bangladesh
by Ali, Mohammad & Emch, Michael & Donnay, J. P. & Yunus, Mohammad & Sack, R. B.
- 1025-1037 An investigation of the health beliefs and motivations of complementary medicine clients
by Sirois, Fuschia M. & Gick, Mary L.
- 1039-1054 Gender and health in rural China: evidence from HeBei province
by Anson, Ofra & Sun, Shifang
- 1055-1068 Gradients in risk for youth injury associated with multiple-risk behaviours: a study of 11,329 Canadian adolescents
by Pickett, William & Garner, Michael J. & Boyce, William F. & King, Matthew A.
- 1069-1076 Predictors of Canadian legislators' support for tobacco control policies
by Cohen, Joanna E. & de Guia, Nicole A. & Ashley, Mary Jane & Ferrence, Roberta & Northrup, David A. & Studlar, Donley T.
September 2002, Volume 55, Issue 5
- 695-708 Vocabularies of motive for illicit steroid use among bodybuilders
by Monaghan, Lee F.
- 709-719 "Why don't they just tell me straight, why allocate it?" The struggle to make sense of participating in a randomised controlled trial
by Featherstone, Katie & Donovan, Jenny L.
- 721-732 Bad news from the patient's perspective: an analysis of the written narratives of newly diagnosed cancer patients
by Salander, Pär
- 733-741 Medical dominance in Italy: a partial decline
by Tousijn, Willem
- 743-753 Too many choices? Hospital and community staff reflect on the future of prenatal screening
by Williams, Clare & Alderson, Priscilla & Farsides, Bobbie
- 755-774 An analysis of private health insurance purchasing decisions with national health insurance in Taiwan
by Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Chin-Shyan
- 775-790 Gender, family, and the nutritional status of children in three culturally contrasting states of India
by Griffiths, Paula & Matthews, Zoë & Hinde, Andrew
- 791-802 Alcohol mortality: a comparison of spatial clustering methods
by Hanson, Craig E. & Wieczorek, William F.
- 803-821 Risking risk: the influence of types of capital and social networks on the injection practices of drug users
by Lovell, Anne M.
- 823-834 Is low self-esteem an inevitable consequence of stigma? An example from women with chronic mental health problems
by Camp, D. L. & Finlay, W. M. L. & Lyons, E.
- 835-845 Cultural stereotypes of women from South Asian communities: mental health care professionals' explanations for patterns of suicide and depression
by Burr, J.
- 847-861 Social variation in self-rated health in Estonia: a cross-sectional study
by Leinsalu, Mall
- 863-880 Social inequality in educational achievement and psychosocial adjustment throughout childhood: magnitude and mechanisms
by Sacker, Amanda & Schoon, Ingrid & Bartley, Mel
August 2002, Volume 55, Issue 4
- 517-527 Euthanasia, assisted suicide, and cessation of life support: Japan's policy, law, and an analysis of whistle blowing in two recent mercy killing cases
by Akabayashi, Akira
- 529-544 Women's perceptions of iron deficiency and anemia prevention and control in eight developing countries
by Galloway, Rae & Dusch, Erin & Elder, Leslie & Achadi, Endang & Grajeda, Ruben & Hurtado, Elena & Favin, Mike & Kanani, Shubhada & Marsaban, Julie & Meda, Nicolas & Mona Moore, K. & Morison, Linda. & Raina, Neena & Rajaratnam, Jolly & Rodriquez, Javier & Stephen, Chitra
- 545-557 What is a 'planned' pregnancy? empirical data from a British study
by Barrett, Geraldine & Wellings, Kaye
- 559-570 Watching the clock: keeping time during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experiences
by Simonds, Wendy
- 571-584 Understanding household demand for indoor air pollution control in developing countries
by Larson, Bruce A. & Rosen, Sydney
- 585-592 Polygyny, maternal HIV status and child survival: Rakai, Uganda
by Brahmbhatt, Heena & Bishai, David & Wabwire-Mangen, Fred & Kigozi, Godfrey & Wawer, Maria & Gray, Ronald H.
- 593-608 Why is less money spent on health care for the elderly than for the rest of the population? Health care rationing in German hospitals
by Brockmann, Hilke
- 609-625 Analysing changes of health inequalities in the Nordic welfare states
by Lahelma, Eero & Kivelä, Katariina & Roos, Eva & Tuominen, Terhi & Dahl, Espen & Diderichsen, Finn & Elstad, Jon Ivar & Lissau, Inge & Lundberg, Olle & Rahkonen, Ossi & Rasmussen, Niels Kristian & Yngwe, Monica Åberg
- 627-641 Impact of improvement of water supply on household economy in a squatter area of Manila
by Aiga, Hirotsugu & Umenai, Takusei
- 643-657 Ethnic identities, social capital and health inequalities: factors shaping African-Caribbean participation in local community networks in the UK
by Campbell, Catherine & McLean, Carl
- 659-672 The impact of the 9-21 earthquake experiences of Taiwanese nurses as rescuers
by Shih, Fu-Jin & Liao, Yen-Chi & Chan, Shiu-Mei & Duh, Bau-Ruei & Gau, Meei-Ling
- 673-679 Cohabitation and marital status as predictors of mortality--an eight year follow-up study
by Lund, Rikke & Due, Pernille & Modvig, Jens & Holstein, Bjørn Evald & Damsgaard, Mogens Trab & Andersen, Per Kragh
- 681-690 Smoking and young women in Vietnam: the influence of normative gender roles
by Morrow, Martha & Ngoc, Do Hong & Hoang, Truong Trong & Trinh, Tran Hue
August 2002, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 385-396 The resurgence of disease: social and historical perspectives on the 'new' tuberculosis
by Gandy, Matthew & Zumla, Alimuddin
- 397-398 Commentary on 'the resurgence of disease: social and historical perspectives on the 'new' tuberculosis'
by Porter, John D. H. & Ogden, Jessica A.
- 399-401 Theorizing tuberculosis: a reply to Porter and Ogden
by Gandy, Matthew & Zumla, Alimuddin
- 403-413 Medical syncretism with reference to malaria in a Tanzanian community
by Hausmann Muela, Susanna & Muela Ribera, Joan & Mushi, Adiel K. & Tanner, Marcel
- 415-424 Multilevel analysis of situational drinking among Canadian undergraduates
by Demers, Andrée & Kairouz, Sylvia & Adlaf, Edward & Gliksman, Louis & Newton-Taylor, Brenda & Marchand, Alain
- 425-435 Secondhand effects of student alcohol use reported by neighbors of colleges: the role of alcohol outlets
by Wechsler, Henry & Lee, Jae Eun & Hall, John & Wagenaar, Alexander C. & Lee, Hang
- 437-450 Husbands and maternal health matters in rural Guatemala: wives' reports on their spouses' involvement in pregnancy and birth
by Carter, Marion
- 451-465 Habit versus choice: the process of decision-making in health-related behaviour
by Lindbladh, Eva & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus
- 467-481 Gender gaps, gender traps: sexual identity and vulnerability to sexually transmitted diseases among women in Vietnam
by Go, Vivian Fei-ling & Quan, Vu Minh & Chung, A & Zenilman, Jonathan & Hanh, Vu Thi Minh & Celentano, David
- 483-496 Seeking trust and transcendence: sexual risk-taking among Vietnamese youth
by Gammeltoft, Tine
- 497-507 A risky business: the detection of adverse drug reactions in clinical trials and post-marketing exercises
by Corrigan, Oonagh P.
July 2002, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 191-209 Social environment, life challenge, and health among the elderly in Taiwan
by Beckett, Megan & Goldman, Noreen & Weinstein, Maxine & Lin, I-Fen & Chuang, Yi-Li
- 211-226 Accounting for unprotected sex: stories of agency and acceptability
by Rhodes, Tim & Cusick, Linda
- 227-234 Public trust in Dutch health care
by Straten, G. F. M. & Friele, R. D. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 235-246 Increasing drug users' adherence to HIV treatment: results of a peer-driven intervention feasibility study
by Broadhead, Robert S. & Heckathorn, Douglas D. & Altice, Frederick L. & van Hulst, Yaël & Carbone, Michael & Friedland, Gerald H. & O'Connor, Patrick G. & Selwyn, Peter A.
- 247-256 Chronic fatigue, abuse-related traumatization, and psychiatric disorders in a community-based sample
by Taylor, Renée R. & Jason, Leonard A.
- 257-267 Learning to live with glaucoma: a qualitative study of diagnosis and the impact of sight loss
by Green, Judith & Siddall, Helen & Murdoch, Ian
- 269-282 Participatory evaluation of reproductive health care quality in developing countries
by Bradley, Janet E. & Mayfield, Marcia V. & Mehta, Manisha P. & Rukonge, Anatole
- 283-299 The impact of general practitioners' patient-centredness on patients' post-consultation satisfaction and enablement
by Mead, Nicola & Bower, Peter & Hann, Mark
- 301-311 Physician-patient communication and patient satisfaction in Japanese cancer consultations
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Takayama, Tomoko & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Seki, Yukiko & Katsumata, Noriyuki
- 313-322 The uneven tides of the health transition
by Heuveline, Patrick & Guillot, Michel & Gwatkin, Davidson R.
- 323-329 Dentistry and distributive justice
by Dharamsi, Shafik & MacEntee, Michael I.
- 331-345 Peer education, gender and the development of critical consciousness: participatory HIV prevention by South African youth
by Campbell, Catherine & MacPhail, Catherine
July 2002, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-5 Editorial
by Thouez, Jean-Pierre M.
- 7-19 Spatial patterns of tuberculosis incidence in Cologne (Germany)
by Kistemann, Thomas & Munzinger, Annette & Dangendorf, Friederike
- 21-31 Does migration exaggerate the relationship between deprivation and limiting long-term illness? A Scottish analysis
by Boyle, Paul & Norman, Paul & Rees, Philip
- 33-45 Poverty, social exclusion and health in Portugal
by Santana, Paula
- 47-61 Community reappraisal of the perceived health effects of a petroleum refinery
by Luginaah, Isaac N. & Martin Taylor, S. & Elliott, Susan J. & Eyles, John D.
- 63-78 Changing local geographies of private residential care for older people 1983-1999: lessons for social policy in England and Wales
by Andrews, Gavin J & Phillips, David R
- 79-96 Assessing the applicability of GIS in a health and social care setting: planning services for informal carers in East Sussex, England
by Foley, Ronan
- 97-111 Car travel time and accessibility by bus to general practitioner services: a study using patient registers and GIS
by Lovett, Andrew & Haynes, Robin & Sünnenberg, Gisela & Gale, Susan
- 125-139 Place effects on health: how can we conceptualise, operationalise and measure them?
by Macintyre, Sally & Ellaway, Anne & Cummins, Steven
- 141-154 Changing geographies of care: employing the concept of therapeutic landscapes as a framework in examining home space
by Williams, Allison
- 167-173 Themes in British health geography at the end of the century: a review of published research 1998-2000
by Asthana, Sheena & Curtis, Sarah & Duncan, Craig & Gould, Myles
June 2002, Volume 54, Issue 12
- 1739-1741 Social epidemiology
by Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1743-1753 Normative vs. attitudinal considerations in breastfeeding behavior: multifaceted social influences in a developing country context
by Göksen, Fatos
- 1755-1765 Utilization of health facilities and trained birth attendants for childbirth in rural Bangladesh: an empirical study
by Paul, Bimal Kanti & Rumsey, Deborah J.
- 1767-1777 Nurse-physician communication and quality of drug use in Swedish nursing homes
by Schmid, Ingrid K. & Svarstad, Bonnie L.
- 1779-1791 Individual and neighbourhood determinants of social participation and social capital: a multilevel analysis of the city of Malmö, Sweden
by Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan & Östergren, Per-Olof
- 1793-1812 The relative influence of individual, social and physical environment determinants of physical activity
by Giles-Corti, Billie & Donovan, Robert J.
- 1813-1824 Asking patients about violence: a survey of 510 women attending social and health services in Trieste, Italy
by Romito, Patrizia & Gerin, Daniela
- 1825-1837 'The public is too subjective': public involvement at different levels of health-care decision making
by Litva, Andrea & Coast, Joanna & Donovan, Jenny & Eyles, John & Shepherd, Michael & Tacchi, Jo & Abelson, Julia & Morgan, Kieran
- 1839-1851 "If there were a war tomorrow, we'd find the money": contrasting perspectives on the rationing of health care
by Coast, Joanna & Donovan, Jenny & Litva, Andrea & Eyles, John & Morgan, Kieran & Shepherd, Michael & Tacchi, Jo
- 1853-1866 The paradoxical use of interpreting in psychiatry
by Drennan, Gerard & Swartz, Leslie
- 1867-1874 Social integration of children with epilepsy in rural India
by Pal, Deb K. & Chaudhury, Gautam & Sengupta, Suryanil & Das, Tulika
- 1875-1886 Drug utilisation and self-medication in rural communities in Vietnam
by Okumura, Junko & Wakai, Susumu & Umenai, Takusei
- 1887-1896 Science writers' reactions to a medical "breakthrough" story
by Cooper, Crystale Purvis & Yukimura, Darcie
June 2002, Volume 54, Issue 11
- 1615-1620 International health in the 21st Century: trends and challenges
by Zwi, Anthony B. & Yach, Derek
- 1621-1635 Social inequalities in health within countries: not only an issue for affluent nations
by Braveman, Paula & Tarimo, Eleuther
- 1637-1656 Putting equity in health back onto the social policy agenda: experience from South Africa
by McIntyre, Di & Gilson, Lucy
- 1657-1667 Staking a claim for claims: a case study of resource allocation in Australian Aboriginal health care
by Mooney, Gavin & Jan, Stephen & Wiseman, Virginia
- 1669-1675 Reshaping the state from above, from within, from below: implications for public health
by Reich, Michael R.
- 1677-1684 Regulating incentives: the past and present role of the state in health care systems
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 1685-1690 Improving basic health service delivery in low-income countries: 'voice' to the poor
by Mehrotra, Santosh & Jarrett, Stephen W.
- 1691-1698 Financing reforms of public health services in China: lessons for other nations
by Liu, Xingzhu & Mills, Anne
- 1699-1711 Research capacity strengthening in the South
by Nchinda, Thomas C.
- 1713-1723 Placing gender at the centre of health programming: challenges and limitations
by Vlassoff, Carol & Moreno, Claudia Garcia
- 1725-1737 The rhetoric of sector-wide approaches for health development
by Hill, Peter S.
May 2002, Volume 54, Issue 10
- 1481-1496 Adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapies (HAART) in HIV-infected patients: from a predictive to a dynamic approach
by Spire, Bruno & Duran, Ségolène & Souville, Marc & Leport, Catherine & Raffi, François & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 1497-1512 Youth homelessness in San Francisco: A life cycle approach
by Auerswald, Colette L. & Eyre, Stephen L.
- 1513-1524 Neurolathyrism in Ethiopia: assessment and comparison of knowledge and attitude of health workers and rural inhabitants
by Getahun, Haileyesus & Lambein, Fernand & Vanhoorne, Michel
- 1525-1541 Dynamics of change in local physician supply: an ecological perspective
by Jiang, H. Joanna & Begun, James W.
- 1543-1557 Development of a 'communication disability model' and its implication on service delivery in low-income countries
by Hartley, Sally D. & Wirz, Sheila L.
- 1559-1587 One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?
by Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1589-1599 Change in job satisfaction, and its association with self-reported stress, cardiovascular risk factors and mortality
by Heslop, Pauline & Davey Smith, George & Metcalfe, Chris & Macleod, John & Hart, Carole
- 1601-1609 The contingent ranking method--a feasible and valid method when eliciting preferences for health care?
by Slothuus, Ulla & Larsen, Mette L. & Junker, Peter
May 2002, Volume 54, Issue 9
- 1309-1321 Sleep disturbance in cancer patients
by Davidson, Judith R. & MacLean, Alistair W. & Brundage, Michael D. & Schulze, Karleen
- 1323-1332 Comparing social inequalities in health in Spain: 1987 and 1995/97
by Regidor, Enrique & Gutierrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Domínguez, Vicente & Elisa Calle, M. & Navarro, Pedro
- 1333-1344 Attitudes to bioethical issues: a case study of a screening project
by Gustafsson Stolt, U. & Liss, P. -E. & Svensson, T. & Ludvigsson, J.
- 1345-1355 Meanings of immediate: the practical use of the Patient's Charter in the accident and emergency department
by Sbaih, Lynn C
- 1357-1368 The relevance of client-centered communication to family planning settings in developing countries: Lessons from the Egyptian experience
by Abdel-Tawab, Nahla & Roter, Debra
- 1369-1377 Shared treatment decision making in a collectively funded health care system: possible conflicts and some potential solutions
by Sculpher, Mark & Gafni, Amiram & Watt, Ian
- 1379-1388 Life expectancy and mortality differences between migrant groups living in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
by Uitenbroek, Daan G. & Verhoeff, Arnoud P.
- 1389-1400 Concepts of illness causation and attitudes to health care among older people in the Republic of Ireland
by MacFarlane, Anne & Kelleher, Cecily
- 1401-1417 A theoretical and empirical analysis of context: : neighbourhoods, smoking and youth
by Frohlich, Katherine L. & Potvin, Louise & Chabot, Patrick & Corin, Ellen
- 1419-1427 Socio-demographic correlates of psychiatric morbidity among low-income women in Aleppo, Syria
by Maziak, Wasim & Asfar, Taghrid & Mzayek, Fawaz & Fouad, Fouad M & Kilzieh, Nael
- 1429-1440 Health risk escalators and the rehabilitation of offenders with learning disabilities
by Heyman, Bob & Griffiths, Carol Buswell & Taylor, John
- 1441-1451 Awareness among community-dwelling elderly of assistive devices for mobility and self-care and attitudes towards their use
by Roelands, Marc & Van Oost, Paulette & Buysse, Ann & Depoorter, AnneMarie
- 1453-1461 Coping styles and locus of control as predictors for psychological adjustment of adolescents with a chronic illness
by Meijer, Susan A. & Sinnema, Gerben & Bijstra, Jan O. & Mellenbergh, Gideon J. & Wolters, Wim H. G.
April 2002, Volume 54, Issue 8
- 1153-1165 Beliefs about and responses to childhood ear infections: a study of parents in Eastern North Carolina
by Curry, Matthew D. & Mathews, Holly F. & Daniel, Hal J. & Johnson, Jeffrey C. & Mansfield, Christopher J.
- 1167-1180 Managed care and the US health care system : a social exchange perspective
by Grembowski, David E. & Cook, Karen S. & Patrick, Donald L. & Roussel, Amy Elizabeth
- 1181-1198 Regional differences in functional status among the aged
by Porell, Frank W. & Miltiades, Helen B.
- 1199-1214 The construction of community participation: village family planning groups and the Indonesian state
by Shiffman, Jeremy
- 1215-1224 Users' understanding of medical knowledge in general practice
by Chapple, Alison & Campbell, Stephen & Rogers, Anne & Roland, Martin
- 1225-1241 Construction of a GP integration model
by Batterham, R. & Southern, D. & Appleby, N. & Elsworth, G. & Fabris, S. & Dunt, D. & Young, D.
- 1243-1254 "Women enjoy punishment": attitudes and experiences of gender-based violence among PHC nurses in rural South Africa
by Kim, Julia & Motsei, Mmatshilo
- 1255-1266 Health sector reform and public sector health worker motivation: a conceptual framework
by Franco, Lynne Miller & Bennett, Sara & Kanfer, Ruth
- 1267-1279 Researching Aboriginal health: experience from a study of urban young people's health and well-being
by Holmes, Wendy & Stewart, Paul & Garrow, Anne & Anderson, Ian & Thorpe, Lisa
- 1281-1298 Depression, parenthood, and age at first birth
by Mirowsky, John & Ross, Catherine E.
- 1299-1308 Household economic strategies and nutritional anthropometry of women in American Samoa and highland Bolivia
by Bindon, James R. & Vitzthum, Virginia J.
April 2002, Volume 54, Issue 7
- 1001-1009 Task orientated nursing in a tuberculosis control programme in South Africa: : where does it come from and what keeps it going?
by van der Walt, Hester M. & Swartz, Leslie
- 1011-1023 Communicative competence in the delivery of bad news
by Gillotti, Cathy & Thompson, Teresa & McNeilis, Kelly
- 1025-1037 Networks of nomads: negotiating access to health resources among pastoralist women in Chad
by Hampshire, Kate
- 1039-1049 Homeless "squeegee kids": Food insecurity and daily survival
by Dachner, Naomi & Tarasuk, Valerie
- 1051-1064 Birth order and mortality: a life-long follow-up of 14,200 boys and girls born in early 20th century Sweden
by Modin, Bitte
- 1065-1079 Factors associated with unintended pregnancy in Yamagata, Japan
by Goto, Aya & Yasumura, Seiji & Reich, Michael R. & Fukao, Akira
- 1081-1091 Balancing rigour and acceptability: the use of HIV incidence to evaluate a community-based randomised trial in rural Uganda
by Mitchell, Kirstin & Nakamanya, Sarah & Kamali, Anatoli & Whitworth, James A. G.
- 1093-1110 Treading the path of least resistance: HIV/AIDS and social inequalities--a South African case study
by Gilbert, Leah & Walker, Liz
- 1111-1130 Participating in decisions about treatment: overt parent pressure for antibiotic medication in pediatric encounters
by Stivers, Tanya
- 1131-1141 Reflections and recommendations on research ethics in developing countries
by Benatar, S. R.
- 1143-1144 Commentary: Biomedical research, trade policy and international health: beyond medical ethics
by Ashcroft, Richard
- 1145-1146 Commentary on 'reflections and recommendations on research ethics in developing countries' by S.R. Benatar
by Pang, Tikki
- 1147-1148 Response to Doctors Pang and Ashcroft
by Benatar, Solomon R.
March 2002, Volume 54, Issue 6
- 849-868 Social capital and health (plus wealth, income inequality and regional health governance)
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 869-877 Private medical practitioners and managed care in Malaysia: a survey of knowledge and attitudes held by Federal Territory based doctors
by Marnoch, Gordon & Lian, Paul C. S.
- 879-888 Managed care members talk about trust
by Goold, Susan Dorr & Klipp, Glenn
- 889-904 The theory of use behind telemedicine: : how compatible with physicians' clinical routines?
by Lehoux, P. & Sicotte, C. & Denis, J. -L. & Berg, M. & Lacroix, A.
- 905-918 The influence of user fees and patient demand on prescribers in rural Nepal
by Holloway, Kathleen A. & Gautam, Bharat R. & Harpham, Trudy & Taket, Ann
- 919-929 To what extent can we explain time trade-off values from other information about respondents?
by Dolan, Paul & Roberts, Jennifer
- 931-937 Predicting small area health-related behaviour: a comparison of multilevel synthetic estimation and local survey data
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham
- 939-953 Market reforms and public incentives: finding a balance in the Republic of Macedonia
by Nordyke, Robert J. & Peabody, John W.
- 955-969 Representations of far-flung illnesses: the case of Ebola in Britain
by Joffe, Hélène & Haarhoff, Georgina
- 971-980 Body image and physical disability--personal perspectives
by Taleporos, George & McCabe, Marita P
- 981-991 The impact of hospices on health care expenditures--the case of Taiwan
by Lo, Joan C.
March 2002, Volume 54, Issue 5
- 643-647 Introduction to 'social and economic patterning of women's health in a changing world'
by Arber, Sara & Khlat, Myriam
- 649-661 Gender equity and socioeconomic inequality: a framework for the patterning of women's health
by Moss, Nancy E.
- 663-676 A generation apart? Gender-related experiences and health in women in early and late mid-life
by Hunt, Kate
- 677-692 The influence of work, household structure, and social, personal and material resources on gender differences in health: an analysis of the 1994 Canadian National Population Health Survey
by Walters, Vivienne & McDonough, Peggy & Strohschein, Lisa
- 693-706 Investigating socio-economic explanations for gender and ethnic inequalities in health
by Cooper, Helen
- 707-726 Women's health status in Poland in the transition to a market economy
by Wróblewska, Wiktoria
- 727-740 Multiple roles and health among British and Finnish women: the influence of socioeconomic circumstances
by Lahelma, Eero & Arber, Sara & Kivelä, Katariina & Roos, Eva
- 741-752 Combining a job and children: contrasting the health of married and divorced women in the Netherlands?
by Fokkema, Tineke
- 753-765 Women's work and health in Iran: a comparison of working and non-working mothers
by Ahmad-Nia, Shirin
- 767-782 Chronic stress and the social patterning of women's health in Canada
by McDonough, Peggy & Walters, Vivienne & Strohschein, Lisa
- 783-798 The importance of low control at work and home on depression and anxiety: do these effects vary by gender and social class?
by Griffin, Joan M. & Fuhrer, Rebecca & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Marmot, Michael
- 799-810 Socio-economic gradients in psychological distress: a focus on women, social roles and work-home characteristics
by Matthews, Sharon & Power, Chris
- 811-825 How gender affects patterns of social relations and their impact on health: a comparison of one or multiple sources of support from "close persons"
by Fuhrer, R. & Stansfeld, S. A.
- 827-838 Place and personal circumstances in a multilevel account of women's long-term illness
by Wiggins, R. D. & Joshi, H. & Bartley, M. & Gleave, S. & Lynch, K. & Cullis, A.
- 839-848 Charting a course for the future of women's health in the United States: concepts, findings and recommendations
by Strobino, Donna M. & Grason, Holly & Minkovitz, Cynthia
February 2002, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 481-492 The contribution of gender-role orientation, work factors and home stressors to psychological well-being and sickness absence in male- and female-dominated occupational groups
by Evans, Olga & Steptoe, Andrew
- 493-504 Factors determining inpatient satisfaction with care
by Nguyen Thi, Phi Linh & Briancon, S. & Empereur, F. & Guillemin, F.
- 505-518 Sister cities and easy passage: HIV, mobility and economies of desire in a Thai/Lao border zone
by Lyttleton, Chris & Amarapibal, Amorntip
- 519-527 Altruistic willingness to pay in community-based sales of insecticide-treated nets exists in Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Shu, Elvis & Nwagbo, Douglas & Akpala, Cyril & Okonkwo, Paul
- 529-544 Companions through cancer: : the care given by informal carers in cancer contexts
by Thomas, Carol & Morris, Sara M. & Harman, Juliet C.
- 545-559 Inequalities in the transition of cerebrovascular disease mortality in New South Wales, Australia 1969-1996
by Burnley, Ian H. & Rintoul, Duncan
- 561-576 Letting the Gini out of the bottle? Challenges facing the relative income hypothesis
by Ellison, George T. H.
- 577-589 Income, income inequality and health: what can we learn from aggregate data?
by Gravelle, Hugh & Wildman, John & Sutton, Matthew
- 591-605 Gender similarities in doctors' preferences -- and gender differences in final specialisation
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
- 607-619 Worlds apart: a comparison between physical activities among youth in Glasgow, Scotland and Dunedin, New Zealand
by West, Patrick & Reeder, Anthony I. & Milne, Barry J. & Poulton, Richie
- 621-624 Gender differences in mental health: evidence from three organisations
by Emslie, Carol & Fuhrer, Rebecca & Hunt, Kate & Macintyre, Sally & Shipley, Martin & Stansfeld, Stephen
- 625-642 Reproductive rights and the state in Serbia and Croatia
by Shiffman, Jeremy & Skrabalo, Marina & Subotic, Jelena
February 2002, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 323-324 Health policy: drawing on a "global laboratory"
by Davis, Peter
- 325-337 HIV risk environment for Ghanaian women: challenges to prevention
by Mill, Judy E. & Anarfi, John K.
- 339-347 Is nondirectiveness possible within the context of antenatal screening and testing?
by Williams, Clare & Alderson, Priscilla & Farsides, Bobbie
- 349-361 'The thief of womanhood': women's experience of polycystic ovarian syndrome
by Kitzinger, Celia & Willmott, Jo
- 363-376 Physiognomy, familism and consumerism: preferences among Jewish-Israeli recipients of donor insemination
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna & Carmeli, Yoram S.
- 377-386 Health care switching behaviour of malaria patients in a Kenyan rural community
by Nyamongo, I. K.
- 387-397 Use of indigenous and indigenised medicines to enhance personal well-being: a South African case study
by Cocks, Michelle & Møller, Valerie
- 399-409 The doctor as God's mechanic? Beliefs in the Southeastern United States
by Mansfield, Christopher J. & Mitchell, Jim & King, Dana E.
- 411-422 A social and demographic study of Tibetan refugees in India
by Bhatia, Shushum & Dranyi, Tsegyal & Rowley, Derrick
- 423-432 Tuberculosis among Tibetan refugees in India
by Bhatia, Shushum & Dranyi, Tsegyal & Rowley, Derrick
- 433-443 Dignity in the terminally ill: a developing empirical model
by Chochinov, Harvey Max & Hack, Thomas & McClement, Susan & Kristjanson, Linda & Harlos, Mike
- 445-457 'The cold hard facts' immunisation and vaccine preventable diseases in Australia's newsprint media 1993-1998
by Leask, Julie & Chapman, Simon
- 459-467 Socio-cultural implications of changing organizational technologies in the provision of care
by Mechanic, David
- 469-479 Transparency and selfhood:: Utopia and the informed body
by Chrysanthou, Marc
January 2002, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 165-178 Women's social networks and child survival in Mali
by Adams, Alayne M. & Madhavan, Sangeetha & Simon, Dominique