Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
September 2003, Volume 57, Issue 6
- 1045-1054 Back pain and the resolution of diagnostic uncertainty in illness narratives
by Lillrank, Annika
- 1055-1064 Early puberty is associated with mental health problems in middle adolescence
by Kaltiala-Heino, Riittakerttu & Marttunen, Mauri & Rantanen, Päivi & Rimpelä, Matti
- 1065-1075 Value importance and value congruence as determinants of trust in health policy actors
by Kehoe, Susan M. & Ponting, J. Rick
- 1077-1090 The process of mediated aging-in-place: a theoretically and empirically based model
by Cutchin, Malcolm P.
- 1091-1097 Short report: Migration among persons living with HIV
by Berk, Marc L. & Schur, Claudia L. & Dunbar, Jennifer L. & Bozzette, Sam & Shapiro, Martin
- 1099-1115 Women's empowerment and fertility decline among the Pare of Kilimanjaro region, Northern Tanzania
by Larsen, Ulla & Hollos, Marida
- 1117-1126 A new look at neighborhoods near National Priorities List sites
by Heitgerd, Janet L. & Virginia Lee, C.
- 1127-1142 Indicators of empowerment and disempowerment in the subjective evaluation of the psychiatric treatment process by persons with severe and persistent mental illness: a qualitative and quantitative analysis
by Kilian, Reinhold & Lindenbach, Iro & Löbig, Uta & Uhle, Matthias & Petscheleit, Andreas & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
September 2003, Volume 57, Issue 5
- 769-774 Psychological distress among Thai migrant workers in Israel
by Griffin, Jennifer & Soskolne, Varda
- 775-781 Dimensions of trauma associated with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) caseness, severity and functional impairment: a study of Bosnian refugees resettled in Australia
by Momartin, S. & Silove, D. & Manicavasagar, V. & Steel, Z.
- 783-790 Factors affecting decisions to seek treatment for sick children in Kerala, India
by Pillai, Rajamohanan K & Williams, Sankey V. & Glick, Henry A. & Polsky, Daniel & Berlin, Jesse A. & Lowe, Robert A.
- 791-806 Interacting with cancer patients: the significance of physicians' communication behavior
by Arora, Neeraj K.
- 807-824 Job characteristics, physical and psychological symptoms, and social support as antecedents of sickness absence among men and women in the private industrial sector
by Väänänen, Ari & Toppinen-Tanner, Salla & Kalimo, Raija & Mutanen, Pertti & Vahtera, Jussi & Peiró, José M.
- 825-841 Children's health-related quality of life, neighbourhood socio-economic deprivation and social capital. A contextual analysis
by Drukker, Marjan & Kaplan, Charles & Feron, Frans & van Os, Jim
- 843-860 Poverty, affluence, and income inequality: neighborhood economic structure and its implications for health
by Wen, Ming & Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A.
- 861-873 Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity among the elderly; a European overview
by Huisman, Martijn & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 875-880 Quality of internet access: barrier behind internet use statistics
by Skinner, Harvey & Biscope, Sherry & Poland, Blake
- 881-893 Damned if you do: culture, identity, privilege, and teenage childbearing in the United States
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 895-904 Ethnicity, socio-economic position and gender--do they affect reported health--care seeking behaviour?
by Adamson, Joy & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & Chaturvedi, Nish & Donovan, Jenny
- 905-916 Narrative strategies in medical discourse: constructing the psychiatric "case" in a non-western setting
by Coker, Elizabeth M.
- 917-926 Discourses of blame: accounting for aggression and violence on an acute mental health inpatient unit
by Benson, Anne & Secker, Jenny & Balfe, Emma & Lipsedge, Maurice & Robinson, Sarah & Walker, Julian
- 927-936 Patients and doctors: reformulating the UK health policy community?
by Salter, Brian
- 937-948 Public and private sector responses to essential drugs policies:: a multilevel analysis of drug prescription and selling practices in Mali
by Maïga, Fatoumata Ina & Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre & Gauvin, Lise
- 949-958 The DALY, context and the determinants of the severity of disease: an exploratory comparison of paraplegia in Australia and Cameroon
by Allotey, Pascale & Reidpath, Daniel & Kouamé, Aka & Cummins, Robert
August 2003, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 577-593 Health behaviours and health in adolescence as predictors of educational level in adulthood: a follow-up study from Finland
by Koivusilta, Leena & Arja, Rimpelä & Andres, Vikat
- 595-611 Why are suicide rates rising in young men but falling in the elderly?--a time-series analysis of trends in England and Wales 1950-1998
by Gunnell, David & Middleton, Nicos & Whitley, Elise & Dorling, Daniel & Frankel, Stephen
- 613-623 Contrasting lives, contrasting views? understandings of health inequalities from children in differing social circumstances
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Davis, John
- 625-636 Household and neighbourhood risks for injury to 5-14 year old children
by Haynes, Robin & Reading, Richard & Gale, Susan
- 637-646 Future uncertainty and socioeconomic inequalities in health: the Whitehall II study
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Davey Smith, George & Marmot, Michael
- 647-656 Allostatic load and work conditions
by Schnorpfeil, Pia & Noll, Alexander & Schulze, Renate & Ehlert, Ulrike & Frey, Karl & Fischer, Joachim E.
- 657-672 Hygiene in the home: relating bugs and behaviour
by Curtis, Val & Biran, Adam & Deverell, Katie & Hughes, Clarissa & Bellamy, Kate & Drasar, Bo
- 673-686 Dr. John has gone: assessing health professionals' contribution to remote rural community sustainability in the UK
by Farmer, Jane & Lauder, William & Richards, Helen & Sharkey, Siobhan
- 687-696 Measuring people's preferences regarding ageism in health: some methodological issues and some fresh evidence
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul & Shaw, Rebecca
- 697-710 Health technology assessment in its local contexts: studies of telehealthcare
by May, Carl & Mort, Maggie & Williams, Tracy & Mair, Frances & Gask, Linda
- 711-720 Ideal versus reality: physicians perspectives on patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia
by Åsbring, Pia & Närvänen, Anna-Liisa
- 721-731 Physician and family assisted suicide: results from a study of public attitudes in Britain
by O'Neill, C. & Feenan, D. & Hughes, C. & McAlister, D. A.
- 733-744 Improving antibiotic use in low-income countries: an overview of evidence on determinants
by Radyowijati, Aryanti & Haak, Hilbrand
- 745-756 Intellectual property rights and traditional medicine: policy dilemmas at the interface
by Timmermans, Karin
- 757-762 Ageing and public satisfaction with the health service: an analysis of recent trends
by Calnan, Michael & Almond, Stephen & Smith, Nick
August 2003, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 389-401 The meanings of organ donation: Muslims of Pakistani origin and white English nationals living in North England
by Hayward, Clare & Madill, Anna
- 403-412 The new genetics and its consequences for family, kinship, medicine and medical genetics
by Finkler, Kaja & Skrzynia, Cécile & Evans, James P.
- 413-425 Examining the disablement process among older Mexican American adults
by Peek, M. Kristen & Ottenbacher, Kenneth J. & Markides, Kyriakos S. & Ostir, Glenn V.
- 427-435 A politico-economic analysis of decision making in funding health service organisations
by Jan, Stephen & Dommers, Eric & Mooney, Gavin
- 437-451 "It wasn't the plague we expected." Parents' perceptions of the health and environmental impact of opencast coal mining
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Pless-Mulloli, Tanja
- 453-464 The health politics of asthma: environmental justice and collective illness experience in the United States
by Brown, Phil & Mayer, Brian & Zavestoski, Stephen & Luebke, Theo & Mandelbaum, Joshua & McCormick, Sabrina
- 465-475 The health impact of health care on families: a matched cohort study of hospice use by decedents and mortality outcomes in surviving, widowed spouses
by Christakis, Nicholas A. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 477-486 Socio-demographic predictors of self-rated health in the Republic of Ireland: findings from the National Survey on Lifestyle, Attitudes and Nutrition, SLAN
by Kelleher, C. C. & Friel, S. & Nic Gabhainn, S. & Tay, Joseph B.
- 487-501 Born out of wedlock and never married--it breaks a man's heart
by Modin, Bitte
- 503-512 Language barriers between nurses and asylum seekers: their impact on symptom reporting and referral
by Bischoff, Alexander & Bovier, Patrick A. & Isah, Rrustemi & Francoise, Gariazzo & Ariel, Eytan & Louis, Loutan
- 513-527 Self-treatment and its discussion in medical consultations: how is medical pluralism managed in practice?
by Stevenson, Fiona A. & Britten, Nicky & Barry, Christine A. & Bradley, Colin P. & Barber, Nick
- 529-538 Pharmaceutical reform and physician strikes in Korea: separation of drug prescribing and dispensing
by Kwon, Soonman
- 539-550 Epidemiological transition: Model or illusion? A look at the problem of health in Mexico
by Carolina, Martínez S & Gustavo, Leal F
- 551-560 Geographic analysis of diabetes prevalence in an urban area
by Green, Chris & Hoppa, Robert D. & Young, T. Kue & Blanchard, J. F.
- 561-569 Sexual violence among a cohort of injection drug users
by Braitstein, Paula & Li, Kathy & Tyndall, Mark & Spittal, Patricia & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Schilder, Arn & Johnston, Caitlin & Hogg, Robert S. & Schechter, Martin T.
- 571-576 Hospitalisation process seen by patients and health care professionals
by Rentsch, Denis & Luthy, Christophe & Perneger, Thomas V. & Allaz, Anne-Françoise
July 2003, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 195-204 Reshaping the carcinogenic risk assessment of medicines: international harmonisation for drug safety, industry/regulator efficiency or both?
by Abraham, John & Reed, Tim
- 205-215 Physician-patient interaction: a gynecology clinic in Turkey
by Uskul, Ayse K. & Ahmad, Farah
- 217-225 Reproductive health indicators for China's rural areas
by Wang, Caroline C. & Wang, Yan & Zhang, Kaining & Fang, Jing & Liu, Wei & Luo, Shusheng & Tang, Songyuan & Wang, Shaoxian & Li, Virginia C.
- 227-237 When being alone might be better: neighborhood poverty, social capital, and child mental health
by Caughy, Margaret O'Brien & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Muntaner, Carles
- 239-251 Deliberations about deliberative methods: issues in the design and evaluation of public participation processes
by Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Smith, Patricia & Martin, Elisabeth & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre
- 253-261 "Love thy neighbour"--it's good for your health: a study of racial homogeneity, mortality and social cohesion in the United States
by Reidpath, Daniel D.
- 263-276 Tracing the social gradient in the health of Canadians: primary and secondary determinants
by Kosteniuk, Julie G. & Dickinson, Harley D.
- 277-288 Negotiating palliative care expertise in the medical world
by Hibbert, Derek & Hanratty, Barbara & May, Carl & Mair, Frances & Litva, Andrea & Capewell, Simon
- 289-299 Problematising depression: young people, mental health and suicidal behaviours
by Bennett, Sara & Coggan, Carolyn & Adams, Peter
- 301-311 Changing patterns of orphan care due to the HIV epidemic in western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
- 313-325 Children's feeding programs in Atlantic Canada: some Foucauldian theoretical concepts in action
by Dayle, Jutta B. & McIntyre, Lynn
- 327-342 Return migration in the context of parental assistance in the AIDS epidemic: the Thai experience
by Knodel, John & VanLandingham, Mark
- 343-353 A shift in the historical trajectory of medical dominance: the case of Medibank and the Australian doctors' lobby
by De Voe, Jennifer E. & Short, Stephanie D.
- 355-374 Endangering safe motherhood in Mozambique: prenatal care as pregnancy risk
by Chapman, Rachel R.
- 375-385 The role of social support and self-esteem in the presence and course of depressive symptoms: a comparison of cancer patients and individuals from the general population
by Schroevers, Maya J. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert
July 2003, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-12 Sustaining safe practice: twenty years on
by Kippax, Susan & Race, Kane
- 13-24 HIV and AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: a conceptual framework and implications for action
by Parker, Richard & Aggleton, Peter
- 25-38 Nuances and shifts in lesbian women's constructions of STI and HIV vulnerability
by Dolan, Kathleen A. & Davis, Phillip W.
- 39-54 Situational factors influencing drug injecting, risk reduction and syringe exchange in Togliatti City, Russian Federation: a qualitative study of micro risk environment
by Rhodes, Tim & Mikhailova, Larissa & Sarang, Anya & Lowndes, Catherine M. & Rylkov, Andrey & Khutorskoy, Mikhail & Renton, Adrian
- 55-69 A proper place to live: health inequalities, agency and the normative dimensions of space
by Popay, Jennie & Thomas, Carol & Williams, Gareth & Bennett, Sharon & Gatrell, Anthony & Bostock, Lisa
- 71-90 Measuring culture: a critical review of acculturation and health in Asian immigrant populations
by Salant, Talya & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 91-96 Patients' attitudes vs. physicians' determination: implications for cesarean sections
by Lo, Joan C.
- 97-112 Trust, learning, and vaccination: a case study of a North Indian village
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Saumya
- 113-124 Television documentary in New Zealand and the construction of doctors by lower socio-economic groups
by Hodgetts, Darrin & Chamberlain, Kerry
- 125-134 Socio-economic and demographic variation in health and in its measures: the issue of reporting heterogeneity
by Shmueli, Amir
- 135-145 "I'll give up smoking when you get me better": patients' resistance to attempts to problematise smoking in general practice (GP) consultations
by Pilnick, Alison & Coleman, Tim
- 147-153 Layperson and physician perceptions of the malpractice system: implications for patient safety
by Liang, Bryan A.
- 155-165 Willingness to pay and determinants of choice for improved malaria treatment in rural Nepal
by Morey, Edward R. & Sharma, Vijaya R. & Mills, Anne
- 167-177 The impact on breastfeeding of labour market policy and practice in Ireland, Sweden, and the USA
by Galtry, Judith
- 179-188 The politics of 'branding' in policy transfer: the case of DOTS for tuberculosis control
by Ogden, Jessica & Walt, Gill & Lush, Louisiana
June 2003, Volume 56, Issue 12
- 2353-2366 Normalizing the exceptional: incorporating the "abortion pill" into mainstream medicine
by Joffe, Carole & Weitz, Tracy A.
- 2367-2377 Social capital, life expectancy and mortality: a cross-national examination
by Kennelly, Brendan & O'Shea, Eamon & Garvey, Eoghan
- 2379-2390 Investments in social capital--implications of social interactions for the production of health
by Bolin, Kristian & Lindgren, Björn & Lindström, Martin & Nystedt, Paul
- 2391-2405 The methodology of HIV/AIDS impact studies: a review of current practices
by Booysen, Frederik le R. & Arntz, Tanja
- 2407-2419 The Rule of Rescue
by McKie, John & Richardson, Jeff
- 2421-2431 From damaged nerves to masked depression: inevitability and hope in Latvian psychiatric narratives
by Skultans, V.
- 2433-2441 Using burden of disease information for health planning in developing countries: the experience from Uganda
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Norheim, Ole Frithjof & Heggenhougen, Kristian
- 2443-2448 Does low reading achievement at school entry cause conduct problems?
by Bennett, Kathryn J. & Brown, K. Stephen & Boyle, Michael & Racine, Yvonne & Offord, Dan
- 2449-2460 Pregnant smokers who quit, pregnant smokers who don't: does history of problem behavior make a difference?
by Wakschlag, Lauren S. & Pickett, Kate E. & Middlecamp, Molly K. & Walton, Laura L. & Tenzer, Penny & Leventhal, Bennett L.
- 2461-2466 Evaluation of primary health care reform in Estonia
by Koppel, Agris & Meiesaar, Kersti & Valtonen, Hannu & Metsa, Andrus & Lember, Margus
- 2467-2478 Community stress, demoralization, and body mass index: evidence for social signal transduction
by Wallace, Deborah & Wallace, Rodrick & Rauh, Virginia
- 2479-2491 Variation in physicians' definitions of the competent parent and other barriers to guideline adherence: the case of pediatric minor head injury management
by Sobo, Elisa J. & Kurtin, Paul
- 2493-2503 Country of birth, instrumental activities of daily living, self-rated health and mortality: a Swedish population-based survey of people aged 55-74
by Pudaric, Sonja & Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik
- 2505-2514 Sociodemographics, self-rated health, and mortality in the US
by Franks, Peter & Gold, Marthe R. & Fiscella, Kevin
- 2515-2527 Civil war and child health: regional and ethnic dimensions of child immunization and malnutrition in Angola
by Agadjanian, Victor & Prata, Ndola
- 2529-2539 Politics of leprosy segregation in Japan: the emergence, transformation and abolition of the patient segregation policy
by Sato, Hajime & Narita, Minoru
- 2541-2553 A spatial analysis of county-level variation in hospitalization rates for low back problems in North Carolina
by Joines, Jerry D. & Hertz-Picciotto, Irva & Carey, Timothy S. & Gesler, Wilbert & Suchindran, Chirayath
- 2555-2564 Understanding long-standing illness among older people
by Gooberman-Hill, Rachael & Ayis, Salma & Ebrahim, Shah
- 2565-2565 Response to Gilbert & Walker 'Treading the path of least resistance'
by Kagee, Ashraf
by Gilbert, L. & Walker, L.
June 2003, Volume 56, Issue 11
- 2243-2244 Vulnerable places: contextualizing health practices
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 2245-2247 From space to place in contemporary health care
by Casey, Edward S.
- 2249-2261 Hidden places, uncommon persons
by Kaufman, Sharon R.
- 2263-2275 Space, place and movement as aspects of health care in three women's prisons
by Stoller, Nancy
- 2277-2288 Bioethics and rural health: theorizing place, space, and subjects
by Kelly, Susan E.
- 2289-2301 From home to hospital and back again: economic restructuring, end of life, and the gendered problems of place-switching health services
by Cartier, Carolyn
- 2303-2315 Placing private health care: reading Ascot hospital in the landscape of contemporary Auckland
by Kearns, Robin A. & Ross Barnett, J. & Newman, Daniel
- 2317-2326 Distal nursing
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 2327-2342 Locating gene-environment interaction: at the intersections of genetics and public health
by Shostak, Sara
- 2343-2351 Bio-medical Topoi--the dominance of space, the recalcitrance of place, and the making of persons
by Malpas, Jeff
May 2003, Volume 56, Issue 10
- 2009-2018 Community tuberculosis care through "TB clubs" in rural North Ethiopia
by Demissie, M. & Getahun, H. & Lindtjørn, B.
- 2019-2031 With the help of one's neighbors: externalities in the production of nutrition in Peru
by Alderman, Harold & Hentschel, Jesko & Sabates, Ricardo
- 2033-2044 Changing the nature of physician referral relationships in the US: the impact of managed care
by Anthony, Denise
- 2045-2057 Ultrasound screening in pregnancy: advancing technology, soft markers for fetal chromosomal aberrations, and unacknowledged ethical dilemmas
by Getz, Linn & Kirkengen, Anne Luise
- 2059-2072 Health selection in the Whitehall II study, UK
by Chandola, Tarani & Bartley, Mel & Sacker, Amanda & Jenkinson, Crispin & Marmot, Michael
- 2073-2088 Changes in the spatial pattern of low birth weight in a southern California county: the role of individual and neighborhood level factors
by English, Paul B. & Kharrazi, Martin & Davies, Stephanie & Scalf, Rusty & Waller, Lance & Neutra, Raymond
- 2089-2096 Searching for an optimum solution to the Bangladesh arsenic crisis
by Caldwell, Bruce K. & Caldwell, John C. & Mitra, S. N. & Smith, Wayne
- 2097-2108 The unfortunate generation: stroke survivors in Riga, Latvia
by McKevitt, Christopher & Luse, Agita & Wolfe, Charles
- 2109-2121 Implications of women's work for child nutritional status in sub-Saharan Africa: a case study of Nigeria
by Ukwuani, Festus A. & Suchindran, Chirayath M.
- 2123-2137 The effect of structural characteristics on family planning program performance in Côte d'Ivoire and Nigeria
by Mancini, Dominic J. & Stecklov, Guy & Stewart, John F.
- 2139-2152 Hostility, unemployment and health status: testing three theoretical models
by Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Kokko, Katja & Pulkkinen, Lea & Kortteinen, Matti & Tuomikoski, Hannu
- 2153-2163 Evaluation of three interventions to promote workplace health and safety: evidence for the utility of implementation intentions
by Sheeran, Paschal & Silverman, Michael
- 2165-2180 Longitudinal analyses of the relationship between unsupportive social interactions and psychological adjustment among women with fertility problems
by Mindes, Erica J. & Ingram, Kathleen M. & Kliewer, Wendy & James, Cathy A.
- 2181-2189 A comparison of the reliability of the take-it-or-leave-it and the bidding game approaches to estimating willingness-to-pay in a rural population in West Africa
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Cairns, John & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 2191-2200 Stigma revisited, disclosure of emotional problems in primary care consultations in Wales
by Prior, Lindsay & Wood, Fiona & Lewis, Glyn & Pill, Roisin
- 2201-2210 Referral to rehabilitation following traumatic brain injury: a model for understanding inequities in access
by Foster, Michele & Tilse, Cheryl
- 2211-2220 Houseofficers' reactions to media coverage about the sequencing of the human genome
by Geller, Gail & Tambor, Ellen S. & Bernhardt, Barbara A. & Rodgers, Joann & Holtzman, Neil A.
- 2221-2228 An investigation into expectation-led interviewer effects in health surveys
by Clarke, Paul & Sproston, Kerry & Thomas, Roger
- 2229-2239 Reform and autonomy: perceptions of the Australian general practice community
by Marjoribanks, Tim & Lewis, Jenny M.
May 2003, Volume 56, Issue 9
- 1831-1836 Reproduction gone awry: medical anthropological perspectives
by Jenkins, Gwynne L. & Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 1837-1851 Global infertility and the globalization of new reproductive technologies: illustrations from Egypt
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 1853-1866 With or against nature? IVF, gender and reproductive agency in Athens, Greece
by Paxson, Heather
- 1867-1880 Why adoption is not an option in India: the visibility of infertility, the secrecy of donor insemination, and other cultural complexities
by Bharadwaj, Aditya
- 1881-1891 Unhappy endings: a feminist reappraisal of the women's health movement from the vantage of pregnancy loss
by Layne, Linda L.
- 1893-1909 Burning bridges: policy, practice, and the destruction of midwifery in rural Costa Rica
by Jenkins, Gwynne L.
- 1911-1931 Home-birth emergencies in the US and Mexico: the trouble with transport
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie
- 1933-1946 Genetic counseling gone awry: miscommunication between prenatal genetic service providers and Mexican-origin clients
by Browner, C. H. & Mabel Preloran, H. & Casado, Maria Christina & Bass, Harold N. & Walker, Ann P.
- 1947-1960 Emplotting children's lives: developmental delay vs. disability
by Landsman, Gail
- 1961-1972 Polygamy, disrupted reproduction, and the state: Malian migrants in Paris, France
by Sargent, Carolyn & Cordell, Dennis
- 1973-1986 Antiabortion positions and young women's life plans in contemporary Ireland
by Oaks, Laury
- 1987-2001 Post-diagnostic abortion in Germany: reproduction gone awry, again?
by Erikson, Susan L.
April 2003, Volume 56, Issue 8
- 1607-1615 Same-sex attraction in a birth cohort: prevalence and persistence in early adulthood
by Dickson, Nigel & Paul, Charlotte & Herbison, Peter
- 1617-1628 How important is sex in later life? The views of older people
by Gott, Merryn & Hinchliff, Sharron
- 1629-1642 Managing menopause: a qualitative analysis of self-help literature for women at midlife
by Lyons, Antonia C. & Griffin, Christine
- 1643-1652 Feminist ethics and menopause: autonomy and decision-making in primary medical care
by Murtagh, Madeleine J. & Hepworth, Julie
- 1653-1660 Factors predicting choice of treatment for menorrhagia in gynaecology outpatient clinics
by Vuorma, Sirkku & Rissanen, Pekka & Aalto, Anna-Mari & Kujansuu, Erkki & Hurskainen, Ritva & Teperi, Juha
- 1661-1667 Elderly people's ratings of the importance of health-related factors to their self-assessments of health
by Benyamini, Yael & Leventhal, Elaine A. & Leventhal, Howard
- 1669-1676 What lies behind the subjective evaluation of health status?
by Kaplan, Giora & Baron-Epel, Orna
- 1677-1691 Undernutrition in Benin--an analysis based on graphical models
by Caputo, Angelika & Foraita, Ronja & Klasen, Stephan & Pigeot, Iris
- 1693-1703 Developing a framework for assessment of the environmental determinants of walking and cycling
by Pikora, Terri & Giles-Corti, Billie & Bull, Fiona & Jamrozik, Konrad & Donovan, Rob
- 1705-1717 Social and health determinants of the efficiency of cotton farmers in Northern Côte d'Ivoire
by Audibert, Martine & Mathonnat, Jacky & Henry, Marie-Claire
- 1719-1726 Indigenous social insurance as an alternative financing mechanism for health care in Ethiopia (the case of eders)
by Mariam, Damen Haile
- 1727-1736 The influence of cost-effectiveness information on physicians' cancer screening recommendations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Jepson, Christopher & Baron, Jonathan & Hershey, John C. & Asch, David A.
- 1737-1747 Self-esteem and women with disabilities
by Nosek, Margaret A. & Hughes, Rosemary B. & Swedlund, Nancy & Taylor, Heather B. & Swank, Paul
- 1749-1760 "Good jobs" to "bad jobs": replicated evidence of an employment continuum from two large surveys
by Grzywacz, Joseph G. & Dooley, David
- 1761-1772 Quality of life in an urban Asian population: the impact of ethnicity and socio-economic status
by Thumboo, Julian & Fong, Kok-Yong & Machin, David & Chan, Siew-Pang & Soh, Chang-Heok & Leong, Keng-Hong & Feng, Pao-Hsii & Thio, Szu-tien & Boey, Mee-Leng
- 1773-1782 Primary health and social care services in the UK: progress towards partnership?
by Rummery, Kirstein & Coleman, Anna
- 1783-1788 Suicide attempts in the United States: the role of physical illness
by Goodwin, Renee D. & Marusic, Andrej & Hoven, Christina W.
- 1789-1796 Predictors of adherence to treatment for latent tuberculosis infection in high-risk Latino adolescents: a behavioral epidemiological analysis
by Hovell, Melbourne & Blumberg, Elaine & Gil-Trejo, Laura & Vera, Alicia & Kelley, Norma & Sipan, Carol & Hofstetter, C. Richard & Marshall, Sandra & Berg, Jill & Friedman, Lawrence & Catanzaro, Antonino & Moser, Kathleen
- 1797-1805 Social capital and neighborhood mortality rates in Chicago
by Lochner, Kimberly A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Brennan, Robert T. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 1807-1816 Economy, community and mortality in British Columbia, Canada
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 1817-1830 Social relations and self-reported health: a prospective analysis of the French Gazel cohort
by Melchior, Maria & Berkman, Lisa F. & Niedhammer, Isabelle & Chea, Maline & Goldberg, Marcel
April 2003, Volume 56, Issue 7
- 1373-1384 Social representations of HIV/AIDS in Central and Eastern Europe
by Goodwin, Robin & Kozlova, Alexandra & Kwiatkowska, Anna & Anh Nguyen Luu, Lan & Nizharadze, George & Realo, Anu & Külvet, Ahto & Rämmer, Andu
- 1385-1395 Trends in mortality attributable to current alcohol consumption in east and west Germany
by Nolte, Ellen & Britton, Annie & McKee, Martin
- 1397-1410 Socioeconomic differences in dietary patterns among middle-aged men and women
by Martikainen, Pekka & Brunner, Eric & Marmot, Michael
- 1411-1424 Behavioral risk factors for STD/HIV transmission in Bangladesh's trucking industry
by Gibney, Laura & Saquib, Nazmus & Metzger, Jesse
- 1425-1438 An examination of social capital and social disorganisation in neighbourhoods in the British household panel study
by McCulloch, Andrew
- 1439-1445 Public health ethics: teaching survey and critical review
by Kessel, Anthony S.
- 1447-1452 The effect of point of reference on the association between self-rated health and mortality
by Manderbacka, Kristiina & Kåreholt, Ingemar & Martikainen, Pekka & Lundberg, Olle
- 1453-1468 Trust and the development of health care as a social institution
by Gilson, Lucy
- 1469-1480 Nostalgic and nostophobic referencing and the authentication of nurses' use of complementary therapies
by Tovey, Philip & Adams, Jon
- 1481-1492 Tobacco dependence: adolescents' perspectives on the need to smoke
by Johnson, Joy L. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Moffat, Barbara & Ratner, Pamela A. & Shoveller, Jean A. & Lovato, Chris Y.
- 1493-1504 The role of performance indicators in changing the autonomy of the general practice profession in the UK
by Exworthy, M. & Wilkinson, E. K. & McColl, A. & Moore, M. & Roderick, P. & Smith, H. & Gabbay, J.
- 1505-1515 Charitable food assistance as symbolic gesture: an ethnographic study of food banks in Ontario
by Tarasuk, Valerie & Eakin, Joan M.
- 1517-1530 How did Finland's economic recession in the early 1990s affect socio-economic equity in the use of hospital care?
by Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 1531-1541 Reliability of health utility measures and a test of values clarification
by Shiell, Alan & Hawe, Penelope & Fletcher, Megan
- 1543-1555 Marital status changes and body weight changes: a US longitudinal analysis
by Sobal, Jeffery & Rauschenbach, Barbara & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 1557-1570 Evaluating the influence of implicit models of mental disorder on processes of shared decision making within community-based multi-disciplinary teams
by Colombo, A. & Bendelow, G. & Fulford, B. & Williams, S.
- 1571-1579 Spirituality and attempted suicide among American Indians
by Garroutte, Eva Marie & Goldberg, Jack & Beals, Janette & Herrell, Richard & Manson, Spero M.
- 1581-1594 The role of choice in health education intervention trials: a review and case study
by Janevic, Mary R. & Janz, Nancy K. & Dodge, Julia A. & Lin, Xihong & Pan, Wenqin & Sinco, Brandy R. & Clark, Noreen M.
- 1595-1604 The new subjective medicine: taking the patient's point of view on health care and health
by Sullivan, Mark
March 2003, Volume 56, Issue 6
- 1139-1153 Mortality, inequality and race in American cities and states
by Deaton, Angus & Lubotsky, Darren
- 1155-1171 AIDS in the HAART era: New York's heterogeneous geography
by Wallace, Robert G.
- 1173-1182 Respiratory illness in the Dominican Republic: what are the predictors for health services utilization of young children?
by Thind, Amardeep & Andersen, Ronald
- 1183-1196 Quality of care and the demand for health services in Bamako, Mali: the specific roles of structural, process, and outcome components
by Mariko, Mamadou
- 1197-1207 Generating political will for safe motherhood in Indonesia
by Shiffman, Jeremy
- 1209-1220 A new theory of health promoting schools based on human functioning, school organisation and pedagogic practice
by Markham, Wolfgang A. & Aveyard, Paul
- 1221-1234 Religion and women's health in Ghana: insights into HIV/AIDs preventive and protective behavior
by Takyi, Baffour K.
- 1235-1247 Dimensions of the emerging orphan crisis in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bicego, George & Rutstein, Shea & Johnson, Kiersten
- 1249-1260 Motherhood as a vulnerability factor in major depression: the role of negative pregnancy experiences
by Bernazzani, Odette & Bifulco, Antonia
- 1261-1267 "It's like an addiction first thing... afterwards it's like a habit": daily smoking behaviour among people living in areas of deprivation
by Bancroft, Angus & Wiltshire, Susan & Parry, Odette & Amos, Amanda
- 1269-1278 Health and safety in policing: lessons from the regulation of CS sprays in the UK
by Rappert, Brian
- 1279-1293 Different frames, different fears: communicating about chlorinated drinking water and cancer in the Canadian media
by Driedger, S. Michelle & Eyles, John
- 1295-1305 Implementing participatory intervention and research in communities: lessons from the Kahnawake Schools Diabetes Prevention Project in Canada
by Potvin, Louise & Cargo, Margaret & McComber, Alex M. & Delormier, Treena & Macaulay, Ann C.
- 1307-1320 Informal HIV caregiving in a vulnerable population: toward a network resource framework
by Knowlton, Amy R.