Improving community health through marketing exchanges: A participatory action research study on water, sanitation, and hygiene in three Melanesian countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sriya Iyer & Michael Kitson & Bernard Toh, 2005. "Social capital, economic growth and regional development," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 1015-1040.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 1994. "Poverty and Vulnerability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 221-225, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1995. "Consumption Insurance: An Evaluation of Risk-Bearing Systems in Low-Income Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 83-102, Summer.
- Wutich, Amber & Ragsdale, Kathleen, 2008. "Water insecurity and emotional distress: Coping with supply, access, and seasonal variability of water in a Bolivian squatter settlement," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2116-2125, December.
- Evans, W.D. & Pattanayak, S.K. & Young, S. & Buszin, J. & Rai, S. & Bihm, Jasmine Wallace, 2014. "Social marketing of water and sanitation products: A systematic review of peer-reviewed literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 18-25.
- Yip, Winnie & Subramanian, S.V. & Mitchell, Andrew D. & Lee, Dominic T.S. & Wang, Jian & Kawachi, Ichiro, 2007. "Does social capital enhance health and well-being? Evidence from rural China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 35-49, January.
- Santos, Andreia C. & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Barreto, Mauricio L. & Cairncross, Sandy, 2011. "Demand for sanitation in Salvador, Brazil: A hybrid choice approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(8), pages 1325-1332, April.
- Srinivas Venugopal & Madhubalan Viswanathan, 2015. "Developing Customer Solutions for Subsistence Marketplaces in Emerging Economies: a Bottom–Up 3C (Customer, Community, and Context) Approach," Customer Needs and Solutions, Springer;Institute for Sustainable Innovation and Growth (iSIG), vol. 2(4), pages 325-336, December.
- Julie L. Ozanne & Bige Saatcioglu, 2008. "Participatory Action Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 423-439, March.
- Jenkins, Marion W. & Curtis, Val, 2005. "Achieving the 'good life': Why some people want latrines in rural Benin," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(11), pages 2446-2459, December.
- Tuba stner & Douglas B. Holt, 2007. "Dominated Consumer Acculturation: The Social Construction of Poor Migrant Women's Consumer Identity Projects in a Turkish Squatter," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 41-56, April.
- Bisung, Elijah & Elliott, Susan J., 2014. "Toward a social capital based framework for understanding the water-health nexus," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 194-200.
- Rejaul K. Bakshi & Debdulal Mallick & Mehmet A. Ulubasoğlu, 2015. "Social Capital and Hygiene Practices among the Extreme Poor in Rural Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(12), pages 1603-1618, December.
- Calvo, Cesar, 2008. "Vulnerability to Multidimensional Poverty: Peru, 1998-2002," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1011-1020, June.
- Jenkins, Marion W. & Scott, Beth, 2007. "Behavioral indicators of household decision-making and demand for sanitation and potential gains from social marketing in Ghana," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 2427-2442, June.
- Adhikari, Krishna Prasad & Goldey, Patricia, 2010. "Social Capital and its "Downside": The Impact on Sustainability of Induced Community-Based Organizations in Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 184-194, February.
- Poortinga, Wouter, 2006. "Social relations or social capital? Individual and community health effects of bonding social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 255-270, July.
- Cairncross, Sandy & Kinnear, Joanne, 1992. "Elasticity of demand for water in Khartoum, Sudan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 183-189, January.
More about this item
KeywordsPAR; Sanitation marketing; Pacific; Fiji; Solomon Islands; Vanuatu; Social capital; Well-being;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:171:y:2016:i:c:p:84-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.