Inequalities in social capital and health between people with and without disabilities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lundborg, Petter, 2006. "Having the wrong friends? Peer effects in adolescent substance use," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 214-233, March.
- Jones, Melanie K & Mavromaras, Kostas & Sloane, Peter J & Wei, Zhang (NILS), 2011. "NILS Working paper no 176. Disability and job mismatches in the Australian labour market," NILS Working Papers 26074, National Institute of Labour Studies.
- Mavromaras, Kostas G. & Sloane, Peter J. & Wei, Zhang, 2011. "Disability and Job Mismatches in the Australian Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 6152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maarten L. Buis, 2010. "Direct and indirect effects in a logit model," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(1), pages 11-29, March.
- Almedom, Astier M., 2005. "Social capital and mental health: An interdisciplinary review of primary evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(5), pages 943-964, September.
- Ziersch, Anna M., 2005. "Health implications of access to social capital: findings from an Australian study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(10), pages 2119-2131, November.
- Mueller, Brigitte & Nordt, Carlos & Lauber, Christoph & Rueesch, Peter & Meyer, Peter C. & Roessler, Wulf, 2006. "Social support modifies perceived stigmatization in the first years of mental illness: A longitudinal approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 39-49, January.
- Ziersch, Anna M & Baum, Fran E & MacDougall, Colin & Putland, Christine, 2005. "Neighbourhood life and social capital: the implications for health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 71-86, January.
- Jylhä, Marja, 2009. "What is self-rated health and why does it predict mortality? Towards a unified conceptual model," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 307-316, August.
- Berry, Helen Louise & Welsh, Jennifer A., 2010. "Social capital and health in Australia: An overview from the household, income and labour dynamics in Australia survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 588-596, February.
- Poortinga, Wouter, 2006. "Social capital: An individual or collective resource for health?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 292-302, January.
- Wendy Stone & Matthew Gray & Jody Huges, 2004. "Social capital at work How family, friends and civic ties relate to labour market outcomes," Others 0408005, EconWPA.
- Robert Stimson & John Western & Scott Baum & Yolanda Van Gellecum, 2003. "Measuring Community Strength and Social Capital," ERSA conference papers ersa03p521, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:134:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1428-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bussière, Clémence & Sicsic, Jonathan & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie, 2016. "Simultaneous effect of disabling conditions on primary health care use through a capability approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 70-84.
- Tess Penne & Irene Cussó Parcerisas & Lauri Mäkinen & Bérénice Storms & Tim Goedemé, 2016. "Can reference budgets be used as a poverty line?," ImPRovE Working Papers 16/05, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- repec:exl:22evid:v:2017:y:2017:i:3:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDisability; Impairment; Social capital; Self-rated health; Health inequalities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:126:y:2015:i:c:p:26-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.