Social Science & Medicine
2001, Volume 52, Issue 6
- 949-958 The will to live: gender differences among elderly persons
by Carmel, Sara
- 959-965 Domestic labour, paid employment and women's health: analysis of life course data
by Blane, D. & Berney, L. & Montgomery, S. M.
- 967-978 Networks, resources and risk among women who use drugs
by Miller, Maureen & Neaigus, Alan
- 979-979 Letter to the Editor
by Nyström, Lennarth
2001, Volume 52, Issue 5
- 657-670 Monitoring health reform: a report card approach
by Brownell, Marni D. & Roos, Noralou P. & Roos, Leslie L.
- 671-679 Competitive health policies and community health
by Stanton, Pauline
- 681-694 Networks and tuberculosis: an undetected community outbreak involving public places
by Klovdahl, A. S. & Graviss, E. A. & Yaganehdoost, A. & Ross, M. W. & Wanger, A. & Adams, G. J. & Musser, J. M.
- 695-706 Primary care as intersecting social worlds
by Tovey, Philip & Adams, Jon
- 707-721 The social construction of male 'homosexuality' in India: implications for HIV transmission and prevention
by Asthana, Sheena & Oostvogels, Robert
- 723-731 Implementing AIDS policy in post-apartheid South Africa
by Schneider, Helen & Stein, Joanne
- 733-744 Relationship dynamics and teenage pregnancy in South Africa
by Jewkes, Rachel & Vundule, Caesar & Maforah, Fidelia & Jordaan, Esmé
- 745-761 China's one-child policy: the economic choices and consequences faced by pregnant women
by Doherty, Jim P. & Norton, Edward C. & Veney, James E.
- 763-781 Dimensions of social inequality in the health of women in England: occupational, material and behavioural pathways
by Sacker, Amanda & Bartley, Mel & Firth, David & Fitzpatrick, Ray
- 783-796 "It's some kind of women's empowerment": the ambiguity of the female condom as a marker of female empowerment
by Kaler, Amy
- 797-808 African Americans' views on research and the Tuskegee Syphilis study
by Freimuth, Vicki S. & Quinn, Sandra Crouse & Thomas, Stephen B. & Cole, Galen & Zook, Eric & Duncan, Ted
2001, Volume 52, Issue 4
- 499-507 Mental health and stress in the workplace: the case of general practice in the UK
by Calnan, Michael & Wainwright, David & Forsythe, Malcolm & Wall, Barbara & Almond, Stephen
- 509-518 AIDS and cultural practices in Africa: the case of the Tonga (Zambia)
by Gausset, Quentin
- 519-536 Understanding the dynamics of illness and help-seeking: event-structure analysis and a Cambodian-American narrative of "Spirit Invasion"
by Uehara, Edwina S.
- 537-545 Gender trends in occupancy rates in mental health beds in Northern Ireland
by Prior, Pauline M. & Hayes, Bernadette C.
- 547-559 Gender and health: reassessing patterns and explanations
by McDonough, Peggy & Walters, Vivienne
- 561-569 Knowledge, action and resistance: the selective use of pre-natal screening among Bedouin women of the Negev, Israel
by Lewando-Hundt, G. & Shoham-Vardi, I. & Beckerleg, S. & Belmaker, I. & Kassem, F. & Jaafar, A. Abu
- 571-583 Substance use during pregnancy in the state of California, USA
by Finch, Brian Karl & Vega, William A. & Kolody, Bohdan
- 585-598 Female control of sexuality: illusion or reality? Use of vaginal products in south west Uganda
by Green, Gill & Pool, Robert & Harrison, Susan & Hart, Graham J. & Wilkinson, Joanie & Nyanzi, Stella & Whitworth, James . A. G.
- 599-608 High-risk behaviors and the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases among women prisoners at the women state penitentiary in Metro Manila
by Simbulan, Nymia P. & Aguilar, Angela S. & Flanigan, Timothy & Cu-Uvin, Susan
- 609-620 Predictors of patient satisfaction
by Jackson, Jeffrey L. & Chamberlin, Judith & Kroenke, Kurt
- 621-633 Why do women use dietary supplements? The use of the theory of planned behaviour to explore beliefs about their use
by Conner, Mark & Kirk, Sara F. L. & Cade, Janet E. & Barrett, Jennifer H.
- 635-650 Managing and treating risk and uncertainty for health: a case study of diabetes among First Nation's people in Ontario, Canada
by Sunday, Julie & Eyles, John
2001, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 331-343 Medical women -- towards full integration? An analysis of the specialty choices made by two cohorts of Norwegian doctors
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
- 345-356 Is there a menopausal syndrome? Menopausal status and symptoms across racial/ethnic groups
by Avis, Nancy E. & Stellato, Rebecca & Crawford, Sybil & Bromberger, Joyce & Ganz, Patricia & Cain, Virginia & Kagawa-Singer, Marjorie
- 357-368 The impact of marital status on cancer survival
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 369-384 Subjective well-being and severe motor impairments: the Tetrafigap survey on the long-term outcome of tetraplegic spinal cord injured persons
by Ville, I. & Ravaud, J. -F. & Group, Tetrafigap
- 385-391 Compression or expansion of morbidity? Trends in healthy-life expectancy in the elderly Austrian population between 1978 and 1998
by Doblhammer, Gabriele & Kytir, Josef
- 393-404 Real world pharmacy: assessing the quality of private pharmacy practice in the Lao People's Democratic Republic
by Stenson, Bo & Syhakhang, Lamphone & Eriksson, Bo & Tomson, Göran
- 405-415 Psychophysiological effects of temporary alternative employment
by Westerlund, Hugo & Theorell, Töres & Bergström, Anna
- 417-427 Violence towards health care staff and possible effects on the quality of patient care
by Arnetz, Judith E. & Arnetz, Bengt B.
- 429-439 Health and cultural factors associated with enrolment in basic education: a study in rural Ghana
by Fentiman, Alicia & Hall, Andrew & Bundy, Don
- 441-451 Socioeconomic differences in leisure-time physical activity: the role of social participation and social capital in shaping health related behaviour
by Lindström, Martin & Hanson, Bertil S. & Östergren, Per-Olof
- 453-465 Future states: the axioms underlying prospective, future-oriented, health planning instruments
by Koch, Tom
- 467-480 Tactics at the interface: Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health managers
by Hill, Peter S. & Wakerman, John & Matthews, Sally & Gibson, Odette
- 481-491 The political context of social inequalities and health
by Navarro, Vicente & Shi, Leiyu
2001, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 171-173 The physician role in transition: is Hippocrates sick?
by Aasland, Olaf Gjerløw
- 175-177 The medical profession and health care reform -- friend or foe?
by Hernes, Gudmund
- 179-187 Towards gender balance: but will women physicians have an impact on medicine?
by Riska, Elianne
- 189-202 The doctor-nurse relationship: how easy is it to be a female doctor co-operating with a female nurse?
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth & Kjølsrød, Lise
- 203-213 Psychosocial challenges facing physicians of today
by Arnetz, Bengt B.
- 215-222 Interventions to improve physicians' well-being and patient care
by Firth-Cozens, Jenny
- 223-225 Interventions to improve physicians' well-being and patient care: a commentary
by Gerrity, Martha S.
- 227-237 Doctors drifting: autonomy and career uncertainty in young physicians' stories
by Löyttyniemi, Varpu
- 239-248 Paternalism, patient autonomy, and moral deliberation in the physician-patient relationship: Attitudes among Norwegian physicians
by Falkum, Erik & Førde, Reidun
- 249-258 Breast self-examination and cervical cancer testing among Norwegian female physicians: A nation-wide comparative study
by Rosvold, Elin Olaug & Hjartåker, Anette & Bjertness, Espen & Lund, Eiliv
- 259-265 Suicide rates from 1960 to 1989 in Norwegian physicians compared with other educational groups
by Aasland, Olaf Gjerløw & Ekeberg, Øvind & Schweder, Tore
- 267-277 Implications of health care provision on acute lower respiratory infection mortality in Bangladeshi children
by Ali, Mohammad & Emch, Michael & Tofail, Fahmida & Baqui, Abdullah H.
- 279-292 Capacity building to improve women's health in rural China
by Li, Virginia C. & Shaoxian, Wang & Kunyi, Wu & Wentao, Zhang & Buchthal, Opal & Wong, Glenn C. & Burris, Mary Ann
- 293-303 Impact of urinary schistosomiasis on rural land use: empirical evidence from Nigeria
by Umeh, J. Chinedu & Amali, O. & Umeh, E. U.
- 305-313 Medicaid eligibility and the incidence of ambulatory care sensitive hospitalizations for children
by Kaestner, R. & Joyce, T. & Racine, A.
- 315-322 Quality of life among women living with HIV: the importance violence, social support, and self care behaviors
by Gielen, A. C. & McDonnell, K. A. & Wu, A. W. & O'Campo, P. & Faden, R.
2001, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-10 The importance of the social environment for physically active lifestyle -- results from an international study
by Ståhl, T. & Rütten, A. & Nutbeam, D. & Bauman, A. & Kannas, L. & Abel, T. & Lüschen, G. & Rodriquez, Diaz J. A. & Vinck, J. & van der Zee, J.
- 11-23 Doing things with illness. The micro politics of the CFS clinic
by Banks, Jonathan & Prior, Lindsay
- 25-44 Revealing moments: formulating understandings of adverse experiences in a health appraisal interview
by Beach, W. A. & Dixson, C. N.
- 45-52 Health implications of early childbearing on pregnancy outcome in Botswana: insights from the institutional records
by Letamo, Gobopamang & Majelantle, Rolang G.
- 53-69 Diffusion of ideas about personal hygiene and contamination in poor countries: evidence from Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Beckett, Megan
- 71-81 Determinants of breastfeeding in the Philippines: a survival analysis
by Abada, Teresa S. J. & Trovato, Frank & Lalu, Nirannanilathu
- 83-97 Death rests a while: holy day and Sabbath effects on Jewish mortality in Israel
by Anson, Jon & Anson, Ofra
- 99-134 Improving the use of pharmaceuticals through patient and community level interventions
by Homedes, Nuria & Ugalde, Antonio
- 135-148 Cost-effectiveness of the female condom in preventing HIV and STDs in commercial sex workers in rural South Africa
by Marseille, Elliot & Kahn, James G. & Billinghurst, Kelvin & Saba, Joseph
- 149-153 Attitudes to traditional Chinese medicine amongst Western trained doctors in the People's Republic of China
by Harmsworth, K. & Lewith, G. T.
- 155-156 Use of the Internet by medical voluntary groups in the UK
by Fox, Nick
- 157-159 'The dog that didn't bark': taking class seriously in the health inequalities debate
by Scambler, Graham & Higgs, Paul
2000, Volume 51, Issue 12
- 1711-1722 Planning and change: a Cambodian public health case study
by Hill, Peter S.
- 1723-1739 Prenatal care among Puerto Ricans on the United States mainland
by Oropesa, R. S. & Landale, N. S. & Inkley, M. & Gorman, B. K.
- 1741-1754 Health behaviours and health: evidence that the relationship is not conditional on income adequacy
by Williamson, Deanna L.
- 1755-1769 "Impact? What impact?" Epidemiological research findings in the public domain: a case study from north-east England
by Moffatt, S. & Phillimore, P. & Hudson, E. & Downey, D.
- 1771-1782 Evaluating effectiveness of syringe exchange programmes: current issues and future prospects
by Bastos, F. I. & Strathdee, S. A.
- 1783-1793 The dragnet of children's feeding programs in Atlantic Canada
by Dayle, Jutta B. & McIntyre, Lynn & Raine-Travers, Kim D.
- 1795-1804 Reconstructing self-narratives in coping with traumatic brain injury
by Nochi, Masahiro
- 1805-1816 From "reducing" to "coping with" uncertainty: reconceptualizing the central challenge in breast self-exams
by Babrow, Austin S. & Kline, Kimberly N.
- 1817-1825 Information and its impact on satisfaction among surgical patients
by Krupat, Edward & Fancey, Marcella & Cleary, Paul D.
- 1827-1839 Strategies for reducing the prescribing of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs): patient self-regulation of treatment may be an under-exploited resource
by Pollock, K. & Grime, J.
- 1841-1849 Oral health behaviour and self-esteem in Swedish children
by Källestål, C. & Dahlgren, L. & Stenlund, H.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 11
- 1573-1593 Social determinants of health in Canada's immigrant population: results from the National Population Health Survey
by Dunn, James R. & Dyck, Isabel
- 1595-1610 Candies in hell: women's experiences of violence in Nicaragua
by Ellsberg, Mary & Peña, Rodolfo & Herrera, Andrés & Liljestrand, Jerker & Winkvist, Anna
- 1611-1625 Defining quality of care
by Campbell, S. M. & Roland, M. O. & Buetow, S. A.
- 1627-1638 Socioeconomic disparities in health in the US: an agenda for action
by Moss, Nancy
- 1639-1653 Social inequalities, stressors and self reported health status among African American and white women in the Detroit metropolitan area
by Schulz, A. & Israel, B. & Williams, D. & Parker, E. & Becker, A. & James, S.
- 1655-1664 A challenge to the cross-cultural validity of the SF-36 health survey: factor structure in Maori, Pacific and New Zealand European ethnic groups
by Scott, Kate M. & Sarfati, Diana & Tobias, Martin I. & Haslett, Stephen J.
- 1665-1674 The rise and fall of Type A man
by Riska, Elianne
- 1675-1693 Circumstances of post-neonatal deaths in Ceara, Northeast Brazil: mothers' health care-seeking behaviors during their infants' fatal illness
by Terra de Souza, A. C. & Peterson, K. E. & Andrade, F. M. O. & Gardner, J. & Ascherio, A.
- 1695-1703 Attitudes as barriers in breast screening: a prospective study among Singapore women
by Straughan, P. T. & Seow, A.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 10
- 1437-1446 Rhetoric and reality in stroke patient care
by Pound, Pandora & Ebrahim, Shah
- 1447-1456 Infant death rates and animal-shed delivery in remote rural areas of Nepal
by Thapa, Narbada & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Geater, Alan F. & Ulstein, Magnar & Bechtel, Gregory A.
- 1457-1472 Trying to keep a balance: the meaning of health and diabetes in an urban Aboriginal community
by Thompson, Samantha J. & Gifford, Sandra M.
- 1473-1489 Environmental factors, situation of women and child mortality in southwestern Nigeria
by Folasade, Iyun B.
- 1491-1503 Patterns of care for childhood malaria in Zambia
by Baume, Carol & Helitzer, Deborah & Kachur, S. Patrick
- 1505-1515 The role of 'African Chemists' in the health care system of the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
by Cocks, Michelle & Dold, Anthony
- 1517-1528 Women's power and anthropometric status in Zimbabwe
by Hindin, Michelle J.
- 1529-1541 The control of schistosomiasis in Brazil: an ethno-epidemiological study of the effectiveness of a community mobilization program for health education
by Uchoa, Elizabeth & Barreto, Sandhi M. & Firmo, Joselia O. A. & Guerra, Henrique L. & Pimenta, Fabiano G. & Lima e Costa, Maria Fernanda F.
- 1543-1554 Perceiving benefits in adversity: stress-related growth in women living with HIV/AIDS
by Siegel, Karolynn & Schrimshaw, Eric W.
- 1555-1561 General practitioners' attitudes toward complementary therapies
by Easthope, G. & Tranter, B. & Gill, G.
- 1563-1567 C.A.R.E.: an approach for teaching ethics in medicine
by Schneider, Gregory W. & Snell, Laura
2000, Volume 51, Issue 9
- 1283-1293 Place, social exchange and health: proposed sociological framework
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 1295-1312 A multilevel city health profile of Moscow
by McKeehan, I. V.
- 1313-1324 Health lifestyles in Russia
by Cockerham, William C.
- 1325-1341 Health-related lifestyles and alienation in Moscow and Helsinki
by Palosuo, Hannele
- 1343-1350 Socioeconomic factors, material inequalities, and perceived control in self-rated health: cross-sectional data from seven post-communist countries
by Bobak, Martin & Pikhart, Hynek & Rose, Richard & Hertzman, Clyde & Marmot, Michael
- 1351-1361 Psychosocial risk factors, inequality and self-rated morbidity in a changing society
by Kopp, Maria S. & Skrabski, Árpád & Szedmák, Sándor
- 1363-1374 Educational differences in self-rated health during the Russian transition. Evidence from Taganrog 1993-1994
by Carlson, Per
- 1375-1385 Self-rated health and occupational conditions in Russia
by Nazarova, Inna
- 1387-1403 The HIV/AIDS epidemic in Ukraine: its potential social and economic impact
by Barnett, Tony & Whiteside, Alan & Khodakevich, Lev & Kruglov, Yuri & Steshenko, Valentyna
- 1405-1420 Eastern European transition and suicide mortality
by Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 1421-1435 How much does social capital add to individual health?A survey study of Russians
by Rose, Richard
2000, Volume 51, Issue 8
- 1139-1142 Medical sociology at the start of the new millennium
by Blaxter, Mildred
- 1143-1161 Residential segregation and the epidemiology of infectious diseases
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 1163-1173 Disability, space and sexuality: access to family planning services
by Anderson, Paul & Kitchin, Rob
- 1175-1188 Mortality differentials among women: the Israel Longitudinal Mortality Study
by Manor, Orly & Eisenbach, Zvi & Israeli, Avi & Friedlander, Yechiel
- 1189-1196 Stage of change is associated with assessment of the health risks of maternal smoking among pregnant women
by Haslam, Cheryl & Draper, Elizabeth
- 1197-1210 Driving donation: a geographic analysis of potential organ donors in the state of Ohio, USA
by Grubesic, T. H.
- 1211-1220 To boil or not: drinking water for children in a periurban barrio
by McLennan, J. D.
- 1221-1229 Contract medicine arrangements in Hong Kong: an example of risk-bearing provider networks in an unregulated environment
by Brudevold, Christine & McGhee, Sarah M. & Ho, Lai-Ming
- 1231-1240 "To every thing there is a season" -- social time and clock time in addiction treatment
by Klingemann, Harald
- 1241-1252 Negotiating natural death in intensive care
by Seymour, Jane Elizabeth
- 1253-1265 Neutralizing differences: producing neutral doctors for (almost) neutral patients
by Beagan, Brenda L.
- 1267-1278 The co-occurrence of correct and incorrect HIV transmission knowledge and perceived risk for HIV among women of childbearing age in El Salvador
by London, Andrew S. & Robles, Arodys
2000, Volume 51, Issue 7
- 991-991 Commentaries on Coburn 'The role of: neo-liberalism'
by Blaxter, Mildred
- 993-995 Coburn's thesis: plausible, but we need more evidence and better measures
by Tarlov, Alvin R.
- 997-1000 Deeper than "neoliberalism". A reply to David Coburn
by Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 1001-1005 Income inequality and health: expanding the debate
by Lynch, John
- 1007-1008 Social change, market forces and health
by Hertzman, Clyde
- 1009-1010 A brief response
by Coburn, David
- 1011-1018 Unintended pregnancy and women's use of prenatal care in Ecuador
by Eggleston, Elizabeth
- 1019-1030 Social class and self-rated health: can the gradient be explained by differences in life style or work environment?
by Borg, Vilhelm & Kristensen, Tage S.
- 1031-1045 "The lizard in the green bottle": "aging out" of problem drinking among Navajo men
by Quintero, Gilbert
- 1047-1059 New Zealand children's health camps: therapeutic landscapes meet the contract state
by Kearns, Robin A. & Collins, Damian C. A.
- 1061-1074 Adult life experiences and health in early old age in Great Britain
by Grundy, Emily & Holt, Gemma
- 1075-1085 Factors associated with non-urgent utilization of Accident and Emergency services: a case-control study in Hong Kong
by Lee, Albert & Lau, Fei-Lung & Hazlett, Clarke B. & Kam, Chak-Wah & Wong, Patrick & Wong, Tai-Wai & Chow, Susan
- 1087-1110 Patient-centredness: a conceptual framework and review of the empirical literature
by Mead, Nicola & Bower, Peter
- 1111-1119 The inertia of self-regulation: a game-theoretic approach to reducing passive smoking in restaurants
by Shiell, Alan & Chapman, Simon
- 1121-1127 Social class differences in mortality using the National Statistics Socio-economic Classification -- too little, too soon: a reply to Chandola
by Rose, D. & Pevalin, D. J.
- 1129-1133 Social class differences in mortality using the National Statistics Socio-economic Classification: a reply to Rose and Pevalin
by Chandola, T.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 6
- 787-787 Editorial
by Macintyre, Sally
- 789-807 Health impacts of rapid economic changes in Thailand
by Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Harnvoravongchai, Piya & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kasemsup, Vijj
- 809-819 Health and rapid economic change in the late twentieth century
by Hertzman, Clyde & Siddiqi, Arjumand
- 821-829 Health policy and the new genetics
by Kaufert, Patricia A.
- 831-841 The psychological complexity of predictive testing for late onset neurogenetic diseases and hereditary cancers: implications for multidisciplinary counselling and for genetic education
by Evers-Kiebooms, G. & Welkenhuysen, M. & Claes, E. & Decruyenaere, M. & Denayer, L.
- 843-857 From social integration to health: Durkheim in the new millennium
by Berkman, Lisa F. & Glass, Thomas & Brissette, Ian & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 859-869 The evidence-based approach in health policy and health care delivery
by Niessen, Louis W. & Grijseels, Els W. M. & Rutten, Frans F. H.
- 871-885 Social capital and health promotion: a review
by Hawe, Penelope & Shiell, Alan
- 887-895 Population ageing in developed and developing regions: implications for health policy
by Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter
- 897-904 Private health care
by Uplekar, Mukund W.
- 905-915 Child abuse: current problems and key public health challenges
by Djeddah, Carol & Facchin, Paola & Ranzato, Cristina & Romer, Claude
- 917-930 Changing patterns of death and dying
by Seale, Clive
- 931-939 Gender equity in health: debates and dilemmas
by Doyal, Lesley
- 941-953 The role and limitations of the Cairo International Conference on Population and Development
by DeJong, Jocelyn
- 955-967 International trends in adolescent nutrition
by Schneider, Dona
- 969-977 Protecting the vulnerable: testing times for clinical research ethics
by Schüklenk, Udo
- 979-989 The development of international health policies -- accountability intact?
by Kickbusch, Ilona
2000, Volume 51, Issue 5
- 639-656 A critical review of recent US market level health care strategy literature
by Wells, Rebecca & Banaszak-Holl, Jane
- 657-668 Concepts of trust among patients with serious illness
by Mechanic, David & Meyer, Sharon
- 669-677 Judging the use of clinical protocols by fellow professionals
by Parker, Dianne & Lawton, Rebecca
- 679-690 The scope of hunter-gatherer ethnomedicine
by Voeks, Robert A. & Sercombe, Peter
- 691-702 The impact of direct and extra billing for medical services: evidence from a natural experiment in British Columbia
by Epp, Michael J. & Vining, Aidan R. & Collins-Dodd, Colleen & Love, Ernie
- 703-711 Practical logics: the shapes and lessons of popular medical knowledge and practice -- examples from Vietnam and Indigenous Australia
by Craig, David
- 713-723 Rules of relevance after a stroke
by Bendz, Mona
- 725-740 Are Brazilian women really choosing to deliver by cesarean?
by Hopkins, Kristine
- 741-748 The end of the line: has rapid transit contributed to the spatial diffusion of HIV in one of Canada's largest metropolitan areas?
by Wood, Evan & Chan, Keith & Montaner, Julio S. G. & Schechter, Martin T. & Tyndall, Mark & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Hogg, Robert S.
- 749-758 Differences between Internet samples and conventional samples of men who have sex with men: implications for research and HIV interventions
by Ross, Michael W. & Tikkanen, Ronny & Månsson, Sven-Axel
- 759-770 Precursive depression among HIV infected AIDS caregivers over time
by Wight, Richard G.
- 771-778 Socioeconomic factors and incidence of erectile dysfunction: findings of the longitudinal Massachussetts Male Aging Study
by Aytaç, Isik A. & Araujo, Andre B. & Johannes, Catherine B. & Kleinman, Ken P. & McKinlay, John B.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 4
- 481-489 Job stress and the occupational gradient in coronary heart disease risk in women: The Stockholm Female Coronary Risk Study
by Wamala, Sarah P. & Mittleman, Murray A. & Horsten, Myriam & Schenck-Gustafsson, Karin & Orth-Gomér, Kristina
- 491-503 Hospital pharmacy automation: collective mobility or collective control?
by Novek, Joel
- 505-509 The politics of herbal drugs in Korea
by Cho, Byong-Hee
- 511-521 Caesarean section delivery in Kerala, India: evidence from a National Family Health Survey
by Padmadas, Sabu S. & Kumar S., Suresh & Nair, Sajini B. & Kumari K.R., Anitha
- 523-537 Defensive medicine during hospital obstetrical care: a by-product of the technological age
by Bassett, Ken L. & Iyer, Nitya & Kazanjian, Arminee
- 539-550 Searching for socioeconomic risk factors in perinatal mortality in Kuwait: a case control study
by Shah, Nasra M. & Shah, Makhdoom A. & Khalaf, Abdul Aziz & Mustafa, Mustafa Mohammad & Al-Sayed, Ali
- 551-561 Frequency and timing of antenatal care in Kenya: explaining the variations between women of different communities
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Madise, Nyovani Janet & Rodrigues, Roberto Nascimento
- 563-587 Social inequality, population health, and housing: a study of two Vancouver neighborhoods
by Dunn, James R. & Hayes, Michael V.
- 589-598 How was life after treatment of a malignant brain tumour?
by Salander, Pär & Bergenheim, A. Tommy & Henriksson, Roger
- 599-612 Measuring equity in access to health care
by Waters, Hugh R.
- 613-617 Health risk and inequitable distribution of liquor stores in African American neighborhood
by LaVeist, Thomas A. & Wallace, John M.
- 619-636 Going down to the local: incorporating social organisation and political culture into assessments of decentralised health care
by Atkinson, Sarah & Medeiros, Regianne Leila Rolim & Oliveira, Paulo Henrique Lima & de Almeida, Ricardo Dias
2000, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 321-334 Comprehensive integrated primary mental health care for South Africa. Pipedream or possibility?
by Petersen, Inge
- 335-342 When providers and community leaders define health priorities: the results of a Delphi survey in the canton of Geneva
by Schopper, D. & Ammon, C. & Ronchi, A. & Rougemont, A.
- 343-359 Appropriateness measurement: application to advice-giving in community pharmacies
by Bissell, P. & Ward, P. R. & Noyce, P. R.
- 361-371 Gender, socioeconomic development and health-seeking behaviour in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Syed Masud & Adams, Alayne M. & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas
- 373-379 Violence and fear of violence in East and West Germany
by Clark, David E. & Wildner, Manfred
- 381-394 Self-identity in older persons suffering from dementia: preliminary results
by Cohen-Mansfield, Jiska & Golander, Hava & Arnheim, Giyorah
- 395-405 Money illusion among health care providers: should we adjust for inflation in analyses of provider behavior?
by Mayer, Michelle L. & Rozier, R. Gary
- 407-417 Discounted lives? Weighing disability when measuring health and ruling on "compassionate" murder
by Rock, Melanie
- 419-427 Life quality vs the 'quality of life':: assumptions underlying prospective quality of life instruments in health care planning
by Koch, Tom
- 429-438 Consultation with another physician on euthanasia and assisted suicide in the Netherlands
by Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit & Kostense, Piet J. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 439-452 The understanding of their illness amongst people with irritable bowel syndrome: a Q methodological study
by Stenner, P. H. D. & Dancey, C. P. & Watts, S.
- 453-462 Information presentation and decisions to enter clinical trials: a hypothetical trial of hormone replacement therapy
by Wragg, Jillian A. & Robinson, Elizabeth J. & Lilford, Richard J.
- 463-475 Patient education literature and help seeking behaviour: perspectives from an evaluation in the United Kingdom
by Milewa, Timothy & Calnan, Michael & Almond, Stephen & Hunter, Alethea
2000, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 159-173 Acculturation and health in Korean Americans
by Lee, Soo-Kyung & Sobal, Jeffery & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 175-184 Pain response in Chinese and non-Chinese Canadian infants: is there a difference?
by Rosmus, Christina & Johnston, C. Céleste & Chan-Yip, Alice & Yang, Fang
- 185-197 Indices and sociodemographic determinants of childhood mortality in rural Upper Egypt
by Yassin, Khaled M.
- 199-208 The determinants of infant mortality in Pakistan
by Agha, Sohail
- 209-222 Talking contracts and taking care: managers and professionals in the British National Health Service internal market
by Griffiths, Lesley & Hughes, David
- 223-242 Cost analysis as a vitamin A program design and evaluation tool: a case study of the Philippines
by Fiedler, John L. & Dado, Dyezebel R. & Maglalang, Hector & Juban, Noel & Capistrano, Melgabal & Magpantay, Maria Vicenta
- 243-249 Precision and accuracy in measuring absence from work as a basis for calculating productivity costs in The Netherlands
by Severens, Johan L. & Mulder, Jan & Laheij, Robert J. F. & Verbeek, André L. M.
- 251-264 Lay constructions of HIV and complementary therapy use
by Pawluch, Dorothy & Cain, Roy & Gillett, James