Social Science & Medicine
September 2004, Volume 59, Issue 6
- 1275-1285 The medical text: between biomedicine and hegemony
by Filc, D.
- 1287-1295 A comparison of socioeconomic differences in physical functioning and perceived health among male and female employees in Britain, Finland and Japan
by Martikainen, Pekka & Lahelma, Eero & Marmot, Michael & Sekine, Michikazu & Nishi, Nobuo & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 1297-1306 Self-reported health and adult mortality risk: An analysis of cause-specific mortality
by Benjamins, Maureen Reindl & Hummer, Robert A. & Eberstein, Isaac W. & Nam, Charles B.
- 1307-1313 Medicine in a multi-cultural society: the effect of cultural background on beliefs about medications
by Horne, Robert & Graupner, Lída & Frost, Susie & Weinman, John & Wright, Siobhan Melanie & Hankins, Matthew
- 1315-1327 Knowledge, attitudes and experiences of sex trafficking by young women in Benin City, South-South Nigeria
by Okonofua, F. E. & Ogbomwan, S. M. & Alutu, A. N. & Kufre, Okop & Eghosa, Aghahowa
- 1329-1337 While there's life ...: hope and the experience of cancer
by Little, Miles & Sayers, Emma-Jane
September 2004, Volume 59, Issue 5
- 889-902 The adapting healer: pioneering through shifting epidemiological and sociocultural landscapes
by McMillen, H.Heather
- 903-913 Outcomes associated with participation in a therapeutic recreation camping programme for children from 15 European countries: Data from the 'Barretstown Studies'
by Kiernan, Gemma & Gormley, Michael & MacLachlan, Malcolm
- 915-930 Responses of established healthcare to the professionalization of complementary and alternative medicine in Ontario
by Kelner, Merrijoy & Wellman, Beverly & Boon, Heather & Welsh, Sandy
- 931-943 The performance of different models of primary care provision in Southern Africa
by Mills, Anne & Palmer, Natasha & Gilson, Lucy & McIntyre, Di & Schneider, Helen & Sinanovic, Edina & Wadee, Haroon
- 945-959 Senegalese grandmothers promote improved maternal and child nutrition practices: the guardians of tradition are not averse to change
by Aubel, Judi & Touré, Ibrahima & Diagne, Mamadou
- 961-971 Racial and ethnic diversity and organizational behavior: a focused research agenda for health services management
by Dreachslin, Janice L. & Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Dansky, K.H.Kathryn H.
- 973-986 Should "acculturation" be a variable in health research? A critical review of research on US Hispanics
by Hunt, L.M.Linda M. & Schneider, Suzanne & Comer, Brendon
- 987-1001 The economic consequences for parents of losing an adult child to AIDS: Evidence from Thailand
by Knodel, John & Im-em, Wassana
- 1003-1010 Search for a cure: narratives of Thai family caregivers living with a person with AIDS
by Nilmanat, Kittikorn & Street, Annette
- 1011-1018 STD care: variations in clinical care associated with provider sex, patient sex, patients' self-reported symptoms or high-risk behaviors, partner STD history
by St. Lawrence, J.S.Janet S. & Kuo, Wen-Hung & Hogben, Matthew & Montaño, Daniel E & Kasprzyk, Danuta & Phillips, William R.
- 1019-1033 The determinants of withdrawal use in Turkey: A husband's imposition or a woman's choice?
by Kulczycki, Andrzej
- 1035-1045 'I am not the kind of woman who complains of everything': Illness stories on self and shame in women with chronic pain
by Werner, Anne & Isaksen, L.W.Lise Widding & Malterud, Kirsti
- 1047-1058 Sociocultural context of women's body image
by Paquette, M.-C.Marie-Claude & Raine, Kim
- 1059-1069 The problem of evidence-based medicine: directions for social science
by Mykhalovskiy, Eric & Weir, Lorna
- 1071-1079 'It takes three to tango':: a framework for understanding patient partnership in paediatric clinics
by Gabe, Jonathan & Olumide, Gillian & Bury, Michael
- 1081-1094 Occupational stressors and hypertension: a multi-method study using observer-based job analysis and self-reports in urban transit operators
by Greiner, Birgit A. & Krause, Niklas & Ragland, David & Fisher, J.M.June M.
- 1095-1108 Remaking family life: strategies for re-establishing continuity among Congolese refugees during the family reunification process
by Rousseau, C.Cécile & Rufagari, Marie-Claire & Bagilishya, Déogratias & Measham, Toby
- 1109-1116 Self-rated oral health as an independent predictor of self-rated general health, self-esteem and life satisfaction
by Benyamini, Yael & Leventhal, Howard & Leventhal, E.A.Elaine A.
August 2004, Volume 59, Issue 4
- 667-679 Women's menarche stories from a multicultural sample
by Uskul, A.K.Ayse K.
- 681-694 Health service utilization for perceived postpartum morbidity among poor women living in Karachi
by Fikree, Fariyal F. & Ali, Tazeen & Durocher, Jill M. & Rahbar, Mohammad H.
- 695-708 Gender inequality, family planning, and maternal and child care in a rural Chinese county
by Li, Jianghong
- 709-720 Eating, drinking and being depressed: the social, cultural and psychological context of alcohol consumption and nutrition in a Brazilian community
by Dressler, William W. & Ribeiro, Rosane Pilot & Balieiro, Mauro Campos & Oths, Kathryn S. & Dos Santos, J.E.José Ernesto
- 721-733 Chronic diseases and depression: the modifying role of psychosocial resources
by Bisschop, M. Isabella & Kriegsman, Didi M. W. & Beekman, Aartjan T. F. & Deeg, D.J.H.Dorly J. H.
- 735-751 'White liquor hits black livers': meanings of excessive liquor consumption in South Africa in the second half of the twentieth century
by Mager, Anne
- 753-762 Sociocultural aspects of tuberculosis: a literature review and a case study of immigrant tuberculosis
by Ho, M.-J.Ming-Jung
- 763-773 A social disease/a social response: lessons in tuberculosis from early 20th century Chile
by Paluzzi, J.E.Joan E.
- 775-785 Physician commitment in end of life care--perspectives from New Zealand and the Netherlands
by Mitchell, K.
- 787-797 RCT of a theory-based intervention promoting healthy eating and physical activity amongst out-patients older than 65 years
by Kelley, Kate & Abraham, C.Charles
- 799-812 The impact of stigma on maternal attitudes toward placement of children with disabilities in residential care facilities
by Green, S.E.Sara E.
- 813-823 Physical, mental and social factors associated with frequent attendance in Danish general practice. A population-based cross-sectional study
by Vedsted, Peter & Fink, Per & Sørensen, H.T.Henrik Toft & Olesen, Frede
- 825-835 Los Años de la Crisis: An examination of change in differential infant mortality risk within Mexico
by Frank, R. & Finch, B.K.Brian Karl
- 837-849 A comparison of traditional healers' medicinal plant knowledge in the Bolivian Andes and Amazon
by Vandebroek, Ina & Van Damme, Patrick & Van Puyvelde, Luc & Arrazola, Susana & De Kimpe, Norbert
- 851-860 Dhandha, dharma and disease: traditional sex work and HIV/AIDS in rural India
by O'Neil, John & Orchard, Treena & Swarankar, R. C. & Blanchard, J.F.James F. & Gurav, Kaveri & Moses, Stephen
- 861-868 'It might happen or it might not': how patients with multiple sclerosis explain their perception of prognostic risk
by Boeije, Hennie R. & Janssens, A.C.J.W.A. Cecile J. W.
- 869-884 The post-war public health effects of civil conflict
by Ghobarah, H.A.Hazem Adam & Huth, Paul & Russett, Bruce
August 2004, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 445-456 Gendered communication among young people in Mexico: implications for sexual health interventions
by Marston, Cicely
- 457-471 Risks, stigma and Honduran Garífuna conceptions of HIV/AIDS
by Stansbury, James P. & Sierra, Manuel
- 473-487 Socio-cultural influences on young people's sexual development
by Shoveller, Jean A. & Johnson, Joy L. & Langille, Donald B. & Mitchell, Terry
- 489-499 "Viagra stories": challenging 'erectile dysfunction'
by Potts, Annie & Grace, Victoria & Gavey, Nicola & Vares, Tiina
- 501-523 A critical review of behavioral issues related to malaria control in sub-Saharan Africa:: what contributions have social scientists made?
by Williams, Holly Ann & Jones, Caroline O. H.
- 525-539 Cost-effectiveness of malaria control interventions when malaria mortality is low: insecticide-treated nets versus in-house residual spraying in India
by Bhatia, Mrigesh R & Fox-Rushby, Julia & Mills, Anne
- 541-551 A comparison of breast, testicular and prostate cancer in mass print media (1996-2001)
by Clarke, Juanne Nancarrow
- 553-565 Accommodating risk: Responses to BRCA1/2 genetic testing of women who have had cancer
by Hallowell, N. & Foster, C. & Eeles, R. & Ardern-Jones, A. & Watson, M.
- 567-571 Gender and physical violence
by Steen, Knut & Hunskaar, Steinar
- 573-583 "Social thinking" and cultural images: teenagers' notions of tobacco use
by Stjerna, Marie-Louise & Lauritzen, Sonja Olin & Tillgren, Per
- 585-594 Using a point system in the management of waiting lists: the case of cataracts
by Rodríguez-Míguez, Eva & Herrero, Carmen & Pinto-Prades, José Luis
- 595-607 Social capital, the miniaturisation of community and self-reported global and psychological health
by Lindström, Martin
- 609-623 Physical well-being and school enrollment:: a comparison of adopted and biological children in one-child families in China
by Liu, Jihong & Wyshak, Grace & Larsen, Ulla
- 625-635 Present concerns of survivors of human rights violations in South Africa
by Kagee, Ashraf
- 637-651 Authorizing tradition: vectors of contention in Highland Maya midwifery
by Hinojosa, Servando Z.
- 653-662 Turning the tide: Benefit finding after cancer surgery
by Schulz, Ute & Mohamed, Nihal E.
July 2004, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 223-233 Integrating genetics as practices of primary care
by Robins, Rosemary & Metcalfe, Sylvia
- 235-248 Optimising clinical practice in cancer genetics with cultural competence: lessons to be learned from ethnographic research with Chinese-Australians
by Eisenbruch, M.Maurice & Yeo, Soo See & Meiser, Bettina & Goldstein, David & Tucker, Kathy & Barlow-Stewart, Kristine
- 249-261 Socioeconomic differences in cancer screening participation: comparing cognitive and psychosocial explanations
by Wardle, Jane & McCaffery, Kirsten & Nadel, Marion & Atkin, Wendy
- 263-274 Women, family demands and health: the importance of employment status and socio-economic position
by Artazcoz, L.Lucía & Borrell, Carme & Benach, Joan & Cortès, Imma & Rohlfs, Izabella
- 275-283 Understanding the role of mediating risk factors and proxy effects in the association between socio-economic status and untreated hypertension
by Colin Bell, A. & Adair, Linda S. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 285-297 AIDS-talk in everyday life: the presence of HIV/AIDS in men's informal conversation in Southern Malawi
by Kaler, Amy
- 299-310 Secretive females or swaggering males?: An assessment of the quality of sexual partnership reporting in rural Tanzania
by Nnko, Soori & Boerma, J.T.J Ties & Urassa, Mark & Mwaluko, Gabriel & Zaba, Basia
- 311-319 Violent deaths among women of reproductive age in rural Bangladesh
by Ahmed, M.K.M. Kapil & van Ginneken, Jeroen & Razzaque, Abdur & Alam, Nurul
- 321-333 Dependency, democracy, and infant mortality: a quantitative, cross-national analysis of less developed countries
by Shandra, John M. & Nobles, Jenna & London, Bruce & Williamson, J.B.John B.
- 335-349 Wilp Wa'ums: colonial encounter, decolonization and medical care among the Nisga'a
by Kelm, M.-E.Mary-Ellen
- 351-360 Use of a visual analogue scale in a daily patient diary: modelling cross-sectional time-series data on health-related quality of life
by Parkin, David & Rice, Nigel & Jacoby, Ann & Doughty, Julie
- 361-376 Geographical variation in acute psychiatric admissions within New York City 1990-2000: growing inequalities in service use?
by Almog, Michael & Curtis, Sarah & Copeland, Alison & Congdon, Peter
- 377-387 The health-promoting family: a conceptual framework for future research
by Christensen, Pia
- 389-403 The Israeli kibbutz as a venue for reduced disability in old age: lessons from the Cross-sectional And Longitudinal Aging Study (CALAS)
by Walter-Ginzburg, Adrian & Blumstein, Tzvia & Guralnik, Jack M.
- 405-414 Traffic stress, vehicular burden and well-being: A multilevel analysis
by Gee, Gilbert C. & Takeuchi, D.T.David T.
- 415-431 Popular perceptions of tobacco products and patterns of use among male college students in India
by Nichter, Mimi & Nichter, Mark & Sickle, David Van
- 433-442 Use of benzodiazepine drugs and perceived job stress in a cohort of working men and women in Belgium. Results from the BELSTRESS-study
by Pelfrene, Edwin & Vlerick, Peter & Moreau, Michel & Mak, Rudolf P. & Kornitzer, Marcel & Backer, G.D.Guy De
July 2004, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-12 Material deprivation and self-rated health: a multilevel study of adolescents from 22 European and North American countries
by Torsheim, Torbjorn & Currie, Candace & Boyce, William & Kalnins, Ilze & Overpeck, Mary & Haugland, Siren
- 13-27 Evidence on equalisation in health in youth from the West of Scotland
by West, Patrick & Sweeting, Helen
- 29-38 The impact of job strain on social isolation: a longitudinal analysis of French workers
by Vézina, Michel & Derriennic, Francis & Monfort, Christine
- 39-46 Medical malpractice as an epidemiological problem
by Mello, Michelle M. & Hemenway, David
- 47-55 The threatened self: general practitioners' self-perception in relation to prescribing medicine
by Henriksen, Kristin & Hansen, Ebba Holme
- 57-68 Planning for the end of life:: the views of older people about advance care statements
by Seymour, Jane & Gott, Merryn & Bellamy, Gary & Ahmedzai, Sam H. & Clark, David
- 69-81 Multigenerational family structure in Japanese society: impacts on stress and health behaviors among women and men
by Takeda, Yasuhisa & Kawachi, Ichiro & Yamagata, Zentaro & Hashimoto, Shuji & Matsumura, Yasuhiro & Oguri, Shigenori & Okayama, Akira
- 83-91 Decision-making models in Japanese psychiatry: Transitions from passive to active patterns
by Slingsby, B. T.
- 93-102 Is patient involvement possible when decisions involve scarce resources? A qualitative study of decision-making in primary care
by Jones, Ian Rees & Berney, Lee & Kelly, Moira & Doyal, Len & Griffiths, Chris & Feder, Gene & Hillier, Sheila & Rowlands, Gillian & Curtis, Sarah
- 103-112 In motion, out of place: the public space(s) of Tourette Syndrome
by Davis, Kat Kleman & Davis, Jeffrey Sasha & Dowler, Lorraine
- 113-127 Characteristics of binge drinkers in Europe
by Kuntsche, E. & Rehm, J. & Gmel, G.
- 129-143 Social inequality and ethnic differences in smoking in New Zealand
by Barnett, Ross & Moon, Graham & Kearns, Robin
- 145-155 Physician-patient dialogue surrounding patients' expression of concern: applying sequence analysis to RIAS
by Eide, Hilde & Quera, Vicenç & Graugaard, Peter & Finset, Arnstein
- 157-162 How do health workers and community members perceive and practice community participation in the Bamako Initiative programme in Nigeria? A case study of Oji River local government area
by Uzochukwu, Benjamin S. C. & Akpala, Cyril O. & Onwujekwe, Obinna E.
- 163-183 Decentralization and public services: the case of immunization
by Khaleghian, Peyvand
- 185-198 Social, cultural and sexual behavioral determinants of observed decline in HIV infection trends: lessons from the Kagera Region, Tanzania
by Lugalla, Joe & Emmelin, Maria & Mutembei, Aldin & Sima, Mwiru & Kwesigabo, Gideon & Killewo, Japhet & Dahlgren, Lars
- 199-208 Economies of scale and scope in Vietnamese hospitals
by Weaver, Marcia & Deolalikar, Anil
- 209-219 Pushing the boundaries of outreach work: the case of needle exchange outreach programs in Canada
by Strike, Carol J. & O'Grady, Caroline & Myers, Ted & Millson, Margaret
June 2004, Volume 58, Issue 12
- 2383-2396 The Scope of pharmacy ethics--an evaluation of the international research literature, 1990-2002
by Wingfield, Joy & Bissell, Paul & Anderson, Claire
- 2397-2407 Pharmaceuticals in Australia: developments in regulation and governance
by Lofgren, Hans & Boer, Rebecca de
- 2409-2419 The failure of pharmaceuticals and the power of plants: medicinal discourse as a critique of modernity in the Amazon
by Wayland, Coral
- 2421-2429 Unrest in Utopia: Israeli patients' dissatisfaction with non-conventional medicine
by Fadlon, Judith
- 2431-2444 Place of death: preferences among cancer patients and their carers
by Thomas, C & Morris, S.M & Clark, D
- 2445-2457 Seeking informed consent to cancer clinical trials:: describing current practice
by Brown, R.F & Butow, P.N & Ellis, P & Boyle, F & Tattersall, M.H.N
- 2459-2471 Changing places. Do changes in the relative deprivation of areas influence limiting long-term illness and mortality among non-migrant people living in non-deprived households?
by Boyle, Paul & Norman, Paul & Rees, Philip
- 2473-2483 Stress and physical health: the role of neighborhoods as mediating and moderating mechanisms
by Boardman, Jason D
- 2485-2498 The maternal depletion transition in northern Kenya: the effects of settlement, development and disparity
by Shell-Duncan, Bettina & Yung, Stacie A
- 2499-2507 Social transfers and the health status of mothers in Norway and Canada
by Curtis, Lori & Phipps, Shelley
- 2509-2521 A model for alcohol-mediated violence in an Australian Aboriginal community
by Shore, Jay H & Spicer, Paul
- 2523-2535 The effects of regional characteristics on alcohol-related mortality--a register-based multilevel analysis of 1.1 million men
by Blomgren, Jenni & Martikainen, Pekka & Mäkelä, Pia & Valkonen, Tapani
- 2537-2543 Death rates of medical school class presidents
by Redelmeier, Donald A & Kwong, Jeffrey C
- 2545-2558 Careers and mortality in France: evidence on how far occupational mobility predicts differentiated risks
by Cambois, Emmanuelle
- 2559-2569 Wellbeing and mental growth--long-term effects of legal abortion
by Kero, A & Högberg, U & Lalos, A
- 2571-2583 'Symbiotic niceness': constructing a therapeutic relationship in psychosocial palliative care
by Li, Sarah
- 2585-2600 Gender differences in health: a Canadian study of the psychosocial, structural and behavioural determinants of health
by Denton, Margaret & Prus, Steven & Walters, Vivienne
- 2601-2612 A socio-ecological autopsy of the E. coli O157:H7 outbreak in Walkerton, Ontario, Canada
by Ali, S.Harris
- 2613-2623 Midwifery practice and the crisis of modernity: implications for the role of the midwife
by Hyde, Abbey & Roche-Reid, Bernadette
- 2625-2636 Isumagijaksaq: mindful of the state: social constructions of Inuit suicide
by Tester, Frank James & McNicoll, Paule
- 2637-2644 Karenni refugees living in Thai-Burmese border camps: traumatic experiences, mental health outcomes, and social functioning
by Cardozo, Barbara Lopes & Talley, Leisel & Burton, Ann & Crawford, Carol
- 2645-2654 Social capital is associated with decreased risk of hunger
by Martin, Katie S & Rogers, Beatrice L & Cook, John T & Joseph, Hugh M
- 2655-2666 Profiles of people with type 2 diabetes mellitus: the extremes of glycemic control
by Savoca, Margaret R & Miller, Carla K & Quandt, Sara A
June 2004, Volume 58, Issue 11
- 2093-2103 General practitioner attitudes to discussing sexual health issues with older people
by Gott, Merryn & Hinchliff, Sharron & Galena, Elisabeth
- 2105-2118 Ambivalent tales of HIV disclosure in San Francisco
by Sheon, Nicolas & Crosby, G. Michael
- 2119-2132 Community group participation:: Can it help young women to avoid HIV? An exploratory study of social capital and school education in rural Zimbabwe
by Gregson, Simon & Terceira, Nicola & Mushati, Phyllis & Nyamukapa, Constance & Campbell, Catherine
- 2133-2143 Veterans seeking disability benefits for post-traumatic stress disorder: who applies and the self-reported meaning of disability compensation
by Sayer, Nina A. & Spoont, Michele & Nelson, Dave
- 2145-2148 Prospective association of anxiety, depressive, and addictive disorders with high utilization of primary, specialty and emergency medical care
by Ford, Julian D. & Trestman, Robert L. & Steinberg, Karen & Tennen, Howard & Allen, Scott
- 2149-2170 Life-course experiences and mortality by adult social class among young men
by Pensola, Tiina & Martikainen, Pekka
- 2171-2179 Life course influences on quality of life in early old age
by Blane, D. & Higgs, P. & Hyde, M. & Wiggins, R. D.
- 2181-2191 Regulation of junior doctors' work hours: an analysis of British and American doctors' experiences and attitudes
by Jagsi, Reshma & Surender, Rebecca
- 2193-2210 The migration of doctors and nurses from South Pacific Island Nations
by Brown, Richard P. C. & Connell, John
- 2211-2218 Repeated follow-up as a method for reducing non-trading behaviour in discrete choice experiments
by Cairns, John & van der Pol, Marjon
- 2219-2229 Testing the internal consistency of the standard gamble in 'success' and 'failure' frames
by Oliver, Adam
- 2231-2241 Policy analysis in an information-rich environment
by Roos, Leslie L. & Menec, Verena & Currie, R. J.
- 2243-2252 Inter-professional conflict and professionalization: dentistry and dental hygiene in Ontario
by Adams, Tracey L.
- 2253-2265 A methodological and substantive review of the evidence that schools cause pupils to smoke
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A. & Cheng, K. K.
- 2267-2277 Mental health and social capital in Cali, Colombia
by Harpham, Trudy & Grant, Emma & Rodriguez, Carlos
- 2279-2289 Choosing where to deliver: decision criteria among women with low-risk pregnancies in France
by Combier, E. & Zeitlin, J. & de Courcel, N. & Vasseur, S. & Lalouf, A. & Amat-Roze, J. M. & de Pouvourville, G.
- 2291-2300 "No somos iguales": The effect of household economic standing on women's energy intake in the Andes
by Graham, Margaret A.
- 2301-2312 Changing gender roles and health impacts among female workers in export-processing industries in Sri Lanka
by Attanapola, Chamila T.
- 2313-2324 Patients' perceptions of informed consent in acute myocardial infarction research: a Danish study
by Gammelgaard, Anne & Rossel, Peter & Mortensen, Ole Steen
- 2325-2336 The medical practice of patient autonomy and cancer treatment refusals: a patients' and physicians' perspective
by van Kleffens, Titia & van Baarsen, Berna & van Leeuwen, Evert
- 2337-2347 Liminality as biographical disruption: unclassifiability following hormonal therapy for advanced prostate cancer
by Navon, Liora & Morag, Amira
- 2349-2361 United States coronary mortality trends and community services associated with occupational structure, among blacks and whites, 1984-1998
by Armstrong, Donna L. & Strogatz, David & Wang, Ruby
- 2363-2369 Unloading the trunk: neurasthenia, CFS and race
by Luthra, A. & Wessely, S.
- 2371-2382 Controlling diabetes, controlling diabetics: moral language in the management of diabetes type 2
by Broom, Dorothy & Whittaker, Andrea
May 2004, Volume 58, Issue 10
- 1809-1823 The motivation and behaviour of hospital Trusts
by Crilly, Tessa & Le Grand, Julian
- 1825-1836 Effects of early health-insurance programs on European mortality and fertility trends
by Winegarden, C. R. & Murray, John E.
- 1837-1848 Disability in society--medical and non-medical determinants for disability pension in a Norwegian total county population study
by Krokstad, Steinar & Westin, Steinar
- 1849-1851 Portfolio evaluation of health programs: a reply to Sendi et al
by Bridges, John F. P. & Terris, Darcey D.
- 1853-1855 Portfolio theory and the alternative decision rule of cost-effectiveness analysis: theoretical and practical considerations
by Sendi, Pedram & Al, Maiwenn J. & Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 1857-1868 Adjustment latitude and attendance requirements as determinants of sickness absence or attendance. Empirical tests of the illness flexibility model
by Johansson, Gun & Lundberg, Ingvar
- 1869-1887 Social class and self-reported health status among men and women: what is the role of work organisation, household material standards and household labour?
by Borrell, Carme & Muntaner, Carles & Benach, Joan & Artazcoz, Lucía
- 1889-1901 Tinker, tailor, soldier, patient: work attributes and depression disparities among young adults
by Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Christakis, Dimitri A. & Vander Stoep, Ann
- 1903-1915 Maintenance of subjective health during a merger: the role of experienced change and pre-merger social support at work in white- and blue-collar workers
by Väänänen, Ari & Pahkin, Krista & Kalimo, Raija & Buunk, Bram P.
- 1917-1927 Child well-being and neighbourhood quality: evidence from the Canadian National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth
by Curtis, Lori J. & Dooley, Martin D. & Phipps, Shelley A.
- 1929-1952 The (mis)estimation of neighborhood effects: causal inference for a practicable social epidemiology
by Oakes, J. Michael
- 1953-1960 Estimating neighborhood health effects: the challenges of causal inference in a complex world
by Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 1961-1967 The relevance of multilevel statistical methods for identifying causal neighborhood effects
by Subramanian, S. V.
- 1969-1971 Causal inference and the relevance of social epidemiology
by Oakes, J. Michael
- 1973-1984 Patients or partners? Case studies of user involvement in the planning and delivery of adult mental health services in London
by Rutter, Deborah & Manley, Catherine & Weaver, Tim & Crawford, Mike J. & Fulop, Naomi
- 1985-1997 Cumulative biological risk and socio-economic differences in mortality: MacArthur Studies of Successful Aging
by Seeman, Teresa E. & Crimmins, Eileen & Huang, Mei-Hua & Singer, Burton & Bucur, Alexander & Gruenewald, Tara & Berkman, Lisa F. & Reuben, David B.
- 1999-2008 Modernized education of traditional medicine in Korea: is it contributing to the same type of professionalization seen in Western medicine?
by Kim, Chang-yup & Lim, Byungmook
- 2009-2022 Parental role in medical decision-making: fact or fiction? A comparative study of ethical dilemmas in French and American neonatal intensive care units
by Orfali, Kristina
- 2023-2033 Educational differences in starting excessive alcohol consumption: explanations from the longitudinal GLOBE study
by Droomers, Mariël & Schrijvers, Carola T. M. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 2035-2043 Prediction of survival: a comparison between two subjective health measures in an elderly population
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Shemy, Galia & Carmel, Sara
- 2045-2067 Changing geographic access to and locational efficiency of health services in two Indian districts between 1981 and 1996
by Kumar, Naresh
- 2069-2081 Social networks and self-rated health in two French-speaking Canadian community dwelling populations over 65
by Zunzunegui, M. V. & Koné, A. & Johri, M. & Béland, F. & Wolfson, C. & Bergman, H.
- 2083-2092 Effects of drug treatment for heroin sniffers: a protective factor against moving to injection?
by Kelley, Margaret S. & Chitwood, Dale D.
May 2004, Volume 58, Issue 9
- 1575-1584 Women's body dissatisfaction, social class, and social mobility
by McLaren, Lindsay & Kuh, Diana
- 1585-1595 Do socioeconomic gradients in women's health widen over time and with age?
by Mishra, Gita D. & Ball, Kylie & Dobson, Annette J. & Byles, Julie E.
- 1597-1607 (Dis)embodying gender and sexuality in testicular cancer
by Gurevich, Maria & Bishop, Scott & Bower, Jo & Malka, Monika & Nyhof-Young, Joyce
- 1609-1622 Evaluating the effect of regulatory prohibitions against risk selection by health status on supplemental insurance ownership in Israel
by Gross, Revital & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 1623-1632 Insurance and the utilization of medical services
by Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S.
- 1633-1634 Un-assured instruments: a comment on "insurance and the utilization of medical services"
by Joyce, Ted
- 1635-1645 'In this scenario, I do this, for these reasons': narrative, genre and ethical reasoning in the clinic
by Jordens, Christopher F. C. & Little, Miles
- 1647-1657 Understanding breast cancer stories via Frank's narrative types
by Thomas-MacLean, Roanne
- 1659-1669 Job decision latitude, organizational justice and health: multilevel covariance structure analysis
by Elovainio, Marko & Kivimäki, Mika & Steen, Nick & Vahtera, Jussi
- 1671-1688 The impact of atypical employment on individual wellbeing: evidence from a panel of British workers
by Bardasi, Elena & Francesconi, Marco
- 1689-1697 Therapeutic misconception and the appreciation of risks in clinical trials
by Lidz, Charles W. & Appelbaum, Paul S. & Grisso, Thomas & Renaud, Michelle
- 1699-1707 Women's preferences for and views on decision-making for diagnostic tests
by Davey, Heather M & Lim, Jacqueline & Butow, Phyllis N & Barratt, Alexandra L & Redman, Sally
- 1709-1718 The medicalization of compulsive buying
by Lee, Shirley & Mysyk, Avis
- 1719-1731 Gender bias among children in India in their diet and immunisation against disease
by Borooah, Vani K.
- 1733-1749 Which African men promote smaller families and why? Marital relations and fertility in a Pare community in Northern Tanzania
by Hollos, Marida & Larsen, Ulla
- 1751-1756 HIV and Islam: is HIV prevalence lower among Muslims?
by Gray, Peter B.
- 1757-1766 What constitutes evidence in hospital new drug decision making?
by Jenkings, K Neil & Barber, Nick
- 1767-1780 The influence of school culture on smoking among pupils
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A & Lancashire, Emma & Bullock, Alison & Macarthur, Christine & Cheng, K. K. & Daniels, Harry
- 1781-1793 'Cultivating health': therapeutic landscapes and older people in northern England
by Milligan, Christine & Gatrell, Anthony & Bingley, Amanda
- 1795-1806 The view from two worlds: The convergence of social network reports between mental health clients and their ties
by Pescosolido, Bernice A. & Wright, Eric R.
April 2004, Volume 58, Issue 8
- 1461-1461 Health inequalities and the psychosocial environment
by Marmot, Michael & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1463-1473 Health inequalities and the psychosocial environment--two scientific challenges
by Siegrist, Johannes & Marmot, Michael
- 1475-1482 Psychosocial factors at work and depression in three countries of Central and Eastern Europe
by Pikhart, Hynek & Bobak, Martin & Pajak, Andrzej & Malyutina, Sofia & Kubinova, Ruzena & Topor, Roman & Sebakova, Helena & Nikitin, Yuri & Marmot, Michael
- 1483-1499 The measurement of effort-reward imbalance at work: European comparisons
by Siegrist, Johannes & Starke, Dagmar & Chandola, Tarani & Godin, Isabelle & Marmot, Michael & Niedhammer, Isabelle & Peter, Richard
- 1501-1509 The effect of control at home on CHD events in the Whitehall II study: Gender differences in psychosocial domestic pathways to social inequalities in CHD
by Chandola, Tarani & Kuper, Hannah & Singh-Manoux, Archana & Bartley, Mel & Marmot, Michael
- 1511-1522 Psychobiological mechanisms of socioeconomic differences in health
by Kristenson, M. & Eriksen, H. R. & Sluiter, J. K. & Starke, D. & Ursin, H.
- 1523-1530 Work stress, socioeconomic status and neuroendocrine activation over the working day
by Kunz-Ebrecht, Sabine R. & Kirschbaum, Clemens & Steptoe, Andrew
- 1531-1541 Effort-reward imbalance model and self-reported health: cross-sectional and prospective findings from the GAZEL cohort
by Niedhammer, Isabelle & Tek, Marie-Ly & Starke, Dagmar & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1543-1553 Differential economic stability and psychosocial stress at work: associations with psychosomatic complaints and absenteeism
by Godin, Isabelle & Kittel, France
- 1555-1562 Can we disentangle life course processes of accumulation, critical period and social mobility? An analysis of disadvantaged socio-economic positions and myocardial infarction in the Stockholm Heart Epidemiology Program
by Hallqvist, Johan & Lynch, John & Bartley, Mel & Lang, Thierry & Blane, David
- 1563-1574 Social mobility and health in the Turin longitudinal study
by Cardano, Mario & Costa, Giuseppe & Demaria, Moreno
April 2004, Volume 58, Issue 7
- 1219-1229 Economy and job contract as contexts of sickness absence practices: revisiting locality and habitus
by Virtanen, P. & Vahtera, J. & Nakari, R. & Pentti, J. & Kivimäki, M.
- 1231-1245 Employee and union inputs into occupational health and safety measures in Chinese factories
by Chen, Meei-shia & Chan, Anita
- 1247-1256 Employment status, social ties, and caregivers' mental health
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Colditz, Graham A. & Rimm, Eric B. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Jones, Camara P. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1257-1269 The impact of information on non-health attributes on willingness to pay for multiple health care programmes
by Protière, Christel & Donaldson, Cam & Luchini, Stéphane & Paul Moatti, Jean & Shackley, Phil
- 1271-1284 Spatial access to health care in Costa Rica and its equity: a GIS-based study
by Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 1285-1297 Emergency contraception and morality: reflections of health care workers and clients
by Simonds, Wendy & Ellertson, Charlotte
- 1299-1308 Lay voices on allergic conditions in children: parents' narratives and the negotiation of a diagnosis
by Lauritzen, Sonja Olin