Social Science & Medicine
2004, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 25-39 Putting policy into practice? Poverty and people with serious mental illness
by Wilton, Robert
- 41-56 Beyond the income inequality hypothesis: class, neo-liberalism, and health inequalities
by Coburn, David
- 57-74 Area effects on health variation over the life-course: analysis of the longitudinal study sample in England using new data on area of residence in childhood
by Curtis, Sarah & Southall, H. & Congdon, P. & Dodgeon, B.
- 75-88 Health, place and childhood asthma in southwest Alaska
by Wind, Steven & Van Sickle, David & Wright, Anne L.
- 89-97 The drug industry and medical practice--the case of menopausal hormone therapy in Estonia
by Hemminki, Elina & Karttunen, Tiina & Hovi, Sirpa-Liisa & Karro, Helle
- 99-108 Sickness absence and early retirement at two workplaces--effects of organisational intervention in Sweden
by Goine, Hans & Knutsson, Anders & Marklund, Staffan & Karlsson, Berndt
- 109-118 Religion and preventative health care utilization among the elderly
by Reindl Benjamins, Maureen & Brown, Carolyn
- 119-136 Changing health inequalities in east and west Germany since unification
by Nolte, Ellen & McKee, Martin
- 137-149 Predictive genetic test decisions for Huntington's disease: context, appraisal and new moral imperatives
by Taylor, Sandra D.
- 151-160 Screening for breast cancer: candidacy and compliance
by Pfeffer, Naomi
- 161-175 Patient activism and the struggle for diagnosis: Gulf War illnesses and other medically unexplained physical symptoms in the US
by Zavestoski, Stephen & Brown, Phil & McCormick, Sabrina & Mayer, Brian & D'Ottavi, Maryhelen & Lucove, Jaime C.
- 177-192 What is important to continuity in home care?: Perspectives of key stakeholders
by Woodward, Christel A. & Abelson, Julia & Tedford, Sara & Hutchison, Brian
- 193-205 Can a brief video intervention improve breast cancer clinical trial knowledge and beliefs?
by Curbow, Barbara & Fogarty, Linda A. & McDonnell, Karen & Chill, Julia & Scott, Lisa Benz
- 207-217 Evidence-based health policy: context and utilisation
by Dobrow, Mark J. & Goel, Vivek & Upshur, R. E. G.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 12
- 2255-2264 Inequalities in child mortality in Mozambique: differentials by parental socio-economic position
by Macassa, Gloria & Ghilagaber, Gebrenegus & Bernhardt, Eva & Diderichsen, Finn & Burström, Bo
- 2265-2279 Does stage at diagnosis influence the observed relationship between socioeconomic status and breast cancer incidence, case-fatality, and mortality?
by Robin Yabroff, K. & Gordis, Leon
- 2281-2289 Occupational class and physical activity among Japanese employees
by Takao, Soshi & Kawakami, Norito & Ohtsu, Tadahiro
- 2291-2303 Is position in the occupational hierarchy a determinant of decline in perceived health status?
by Mustard, Cameron A. & Vermeulen, Marian & Lavis, John N.
- 2305-2323 Socioeconomic gradients in health status over 29 years of follow-up after midlife: the Alameda county study
by Frank, John W. & Cohen, Richard & Yen, Irene & Balfour, Jennifer & Smith, Margot
- 2343-2354 A symptom perception approach to common physical symptoms
by Kolk, Annemarie M. & Hanewald, Gerrit J. F. P. & Schagen, Simon & Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T.
- 2355-2365 Toward understanding youth suicide in an Australian rural community
by Bourke, Lisa
- 2367-2378 Supplying emergency contraception via community pharmacies in the UK: reflections on the experiences of users and providers
by Bissell, Paul & Anderson, Claire
- 2379-2384 Family caregiver perspective-taking and accuracy in estimating cancer patient symptom experiences
by Lobchuk, Michelle M. & Vorauer, Jacquie D.
- 2385-2395 The quality of life of spouse dementia caregivers: changes associated with yielding to formal care and widowhood
by Bond, Malcolm J. & Clark, Michael S. & Davies, Suzanne
- 2397-2409 Causal inference from randomized trials in social epidemiology
by Kaufman, Jay S. & Kaufman, Sol & Poole, Charles
- 2411-2422 Mobility limitations 1974-1991: period changes explaining improvement in the population
by Ahacic, Kozma & Parker, Marti G. & Thorslund, Mats
- 2423-2434 Networked for change? identifying obstetric opinion leaders and assessing their opinions on caesarean delivery
by Kravitz, Richard L. & Krackhardt, David & Melnikow, Joy & Franz, Carol E. & Gilbert, William M. & Zach, Andra & Paterniti, Debora A. & Romano, Patrick S.
- 2435-2445 Stigma as a barrier to treatment of sexually transmitted infection in the American deep south: issues of race, gender and poverty
by Lichtenstein, Bronwen
- 2447-2463 Utilization of care during pregnancy in rural Guatemala: does obstetrical need matter?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Rodríguez, Germán
- 2465-2470 The continuum of patient satisfaction--from satisfied to very satisfied
by Collins, Karen & O'Cathain, Alicia
- 2471-2472 Letter response to Margaret Everett (2003) "The social life of genes: privacy, property and the new genetics" Social Science & Medicine, 56:1
by Rich, Leigh
- 2473-2473 Response to Rich's letter regarding "the social life of genes: Privacy, property and the new genetics"
by Everett, Margaret
2003, Volume 57, Issue 11
- 2013-2022 Air pollution and children's health in São Paulo (1986-1998)
by Ribeiro, Helena & Cardoso, Maria Regina Alves
- 2023-2034 Acculturation and overweight-related behaviors among Hispanic immigrants to the US: the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
by Gordon-Larsen, Penny & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Ward, Dianne S. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 2035-2047 Identifying children in need of ancillary and enabling services: a population approach
by Benedict, Ruth E & Farel, Anita M
- 2049-2054 Public and private domains of religiosity and adolescent health risk behaviors: evidence from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
by Nonnemaker, James M. & McNeely, Clea A. & Blum, Robert Wm.
- 2055-2063 Rural/urban differences in the association between deprivation and healthcare utilisation
by Gilthorpe, Mark S. & Wilson, Richard C.
- 2065-2073 Zones of prevention: the geography of fall injuries in the elderly
by Yiannakoulias, Nikolaos & Rowe, Brian H. & Svenson, Lawrence W. & Schopflocher, Donald P. & Kelly, Karen & Voaklander, Donald C.
- 2075-2088 What's in a country average? Wealth, gender, and regional inequalities in immunization in India
by Pande, Rohini P. & Yazbeck, Abdo S.
- 2089-2099 The dental care pathway of welfare recipients in Quebec
by Bedos, Christophe & Brodeur, Jean-Marc & Boucheron, Laurence & Richard, Lucie & Benigeri, Mike & Olivier, Marie & Haddad, Slim
- 2101-2114 Management of return-to-work programs for workers with musculoskeletal disorders: a qualitative study in three Canadian provinces
by Baril, R. & Clarke, J. & Friesen, M. & Stock, S. & Cole, D.
- 2115-2125 Health inequality and users' risk-taking: a longitudinal analysis in a French reproductive technology centre
by Tain, Laurence
- 2127-2136 The struggle against neuromuscular diseases in France and the emergence of the "partnership model" of patient organisation
by Rabeharisoa, Vololona
- 2137-2147 Marriage, widowhood, and health-care use
by Iwashyna, Theodore J. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 2149-2159 Pedestrian injuries in Mexico: a multi-method approach
by Híjar, Martha & Trostle, James & Bronfman, Mario
- 2161-2172 Putting the Q into quality of life; the identification of subjective constructions of health-related quality of life using Q methodology
by Stenner, Paul H. D. & Cooper, Deborah & Skevington, Suzanne M.
- 2173-2182 Inequalities in nonfatal work injury: the significance of race, human capital, and occupations
by Oh, Joong-Hwan & Shin, Eui Hang
- 2183-2191 The burden of traditional practices, ebino and tea-tea, on child health in Northern Uganda
by Accorsi, Sandro & Fabiani, Massimo & Ferrarese, Nicoletta & Iriso, Robert & Lukwiya, Matthew & Declich, Silvia
- 2193-2205 The life course prospective design: an example of benefits and problems associated with study longevity
by Wadsworth, M. E. J. & Butterworth, S. L. & Hardy, R. J. & Kuh, D. J. & Richards, M. & Langenberg, C. & Hilder, W. S. & Connor, M.
- 2207-2215 Optimizing a portfolio of health care programs in the presence of uncertainty and constrained resources
by Sendi, Pedram & Al, Maiwenn J. & Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 2217-2227 Health selection: the role of inter- and intra-generational mobility on social inequalities in health
by Manor, Orly & Matthews, Sharon & Power, Chris
- 2229-2242 Parents' contributions to the narrative identity of offspring of donor-assisted conception
by Kirkman, Maggie
- 2243-2252 Chronic back pain sufferers--striving for the sick role
by Glenton, Claire
2003, Volume 57, Issue 10
- 1771-1781 Evolutionary perspectives on pregnancy: maternal age at menarche and infant birth weight
by Coall, David A. & Chisholm, James S.
- 1783-1795 Solutions forgone? How health professionals frame the problem of postnatal depression
by Lloyd, Beverley & Hawe, Penelope
- 1797-1806 Listening to mothers: qualitative studies on motherhood and depression from Goa, India
by Rodrigues, Merlyn & Patel, Vikram & Jaswal, Surinder & de Souza, Nandita
- 1807-1819 The impact of the national polio immunization campaign on levels and equity in immunization coverage: evidence from rural North India
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Baker, Timothy D.
- 1821-1832 Risk of transmission of hepatitis B virus through childhood immunization in northwestern China
by Murakami, Hitoshi & Kobayashi, Makoto & Zhu, Xu & Li, Yixing & Wakai, Susumu & Chiba, Yasuo
- 1833-1845 Somatization and mental health: A comparative study of the idiom of distress hypothesis
by Keyes, Corey L. M. & Ryff, Carol D.
- 1847-1861 Contributions of social context to inequalities in years of life lost to heart disease in Texas, USA
by Franzini, Luisa & Spears, William
- 1863-1874 Social stratification, development and health in Pakistan: an empirical exploration of relationships in population-based national health examination survey data
by Hadden, Wilbur C. & Pappas, Gregory & Khan, Abdul Qayyum
- 1875-1889 Observing the onset of disability in older adults
by Reynolds, Sandra L. & Silverstein, Merril
- 1891-1899 Equalisation of socioeconomic differences in injury risks at school age? A study of three age cohorts of Swedish children and adolescents
by Engström, K. & Laflamme, L. & Diderichsen, F.
- 1901-1912 Partner's and own education: does who you live with matter for self-assessed health, smoking and excessive alcohol consumption?
by Monden, Christiaan W. S. & van Lenthe, Frank & De Graaf, Nan Dirk & Kraaykamp, Gerbert
- 1913-1923 Social influences on substance-use behaviors of gay, lesbian, and bisexual college students: findings from a national study
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wechsler, Henry
- 1925-1937 Strengthening capacity in developing countries for evidence-based public health:: the data for decision-making project
by Pappaioanou, Marguerite & Malison, Michael & Wilkins, Karen & Otto, Bradley & Goodman, Richard A. & Churchill, R. Elliott & White, Mark & Thacker, Stephen B.
- 1939-1955 Effects of frequency and similarity neighborhoods on pharmacists' visual perception of drug names
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Chang, Ken-Yu & Gupta, Prahlad
- 1957-1967 Research relationships between the South and the North: Cinderella and the ugly sisters?
by Jentsch, Birgit & Pilley, Catherine
- 1969-1980 Patient empowerment and control: a psychological discourse in the service of medicine
by Salmon, Peter & Hall, George M
- 1981-1995 Health status and Canada's immigrant population
by Bruce Newbold, K. & Danforth, Jeff
- 1997-2012 Traditional healing systems and the ethos of science
by Quah, Stella R.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 9
- 1529-1538 Child health on a dollar a day: some tentative cross-country comparisons
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 1539-1546 Downsizing within a hospital: cutting care or just costs?
by Brown, Claire & Arnetz, Bengt & Petersson, Ove
- 1547-1557 Norms in tension: democracy and efficiency in Bangladeshi health and population sector reform
by Shiffman, Jeremy & Wu, Yonghong
- 1559-1571 Hidden health costs of pesticide use in Zimbabwe's smallholder cotton growers
by Maumbe, Blessing M. & Swinton, Scott M.
- 1573-1592 An agenda for future research on HIV and sexual behaviour among African migrant communities in the UK
by Kesby, M. & Fenton, K. & Boyle, P. & Power, R.
- 1593-1608 Effective methods to change sex-risk among drug users: a review of psychosocial interventions
by van Empelen, Pepijn & Kok, Gerjo & van Kesteren, Nicole M. C. & van den Borne, Bart & Bos, Arjan E. R. & Schaalma, Herman P.
- 1609-1620 Physicians' experiences of caring for late-stage HIV patients in the post-HAART era: challenges and adaptations
by Karasz, Alison & Dyche, Larry & Selwyn, Peter
- 1621-1629 Does inequality in self-assessed health predict inequality in survival by income? Evidence from Swedish data
by van Doorslaer, Eddy & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 1631-1641 Why is poverty unhealthy? Social and physical mediators
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Farley, Thomas A. & Mason, Karen
- 1643-1652 Socioeconomic status and health among the aged in the United States and Germany: A comparative cross-sectional study
by Knesebeck, Olaf von dem & Lüschen, Günther & Cockerham, William C. & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1653-1663 Priority setting in health authorities: a novel approach to a historical activity
by Mitton, Craig & Patten, San & Waldner, Howard & Donaldson, Cam
- 1665-1674 Obstetricians' attitudes, subjective norms, perceived controls, and intentions on antibiotic prophylaxis in caesarean section
by Liabsuetrakul, Tippawan & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Lumbiganon, Pisake & Lindmark, Gunilla
- 1675-1682 Disclosure of a cancer diagnosis in Thai patients treated with radiotherapy
by Phungrassami, Temsak & Sriplung, Hutcha & Roka, Aran & Mintrasak, Em-nasree & Peerawong, Thanarpan & Aegem, Umard
- 1683-1696 Pain management and symptoms of substance dependence among patients with sickle cell disease
by Elander, James & Lusher, Joanne & Bevan, David & Telfer, Paul
- 1697-1706 A test of the QALY model when health varies over time
by Spencer, Anne
- 1707-1722 Integrating measurement of control and affiliation in studies of physician-patient interaction: the interpersonal circumplex
by Kiesler, Donald J. & Auerbach, Stephen M.
- 1723-1733 Social capital: a strategy for enhancing health?
by Edmondson, Ricca
- 1735-1745 What is 'normal' about women's (hetero)sexual desire and orgasm?: a report of an in-depth interview study
by Nicolson, Paula & Burr, Jennifer
- 1747-1760 Consumption and impacts of local brewed alcohol (akpeteshie) in the Upper West Region of Ghana: a public health tragedy
by Luginaah, Isaac & Dakubo, Crescentia
- 1761-1770 Smoking and perceived health in Hong Kong Chinese
by Ho, Sai Yin & Lam, Tai Hing & Fielding, Richard & Janus, Edward Denis
2003, Volume 57, Issue 8
- 1343-1354 Measuring homicide in Russia: a comparison of estimates from the crime and vital statistics reporting systems
by Pridemore, William Alex
- 1355-1360 Association between measures of morbidity and locomotor disability: diagnosis alone is not enough
by Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate & Ebrahim, Shah
- 1361-1374 "What do you mean 'what's wrong with her?'": stigma and the lives of families of children with disabilities
by Green, Sara E.
- 1375-1385 Disarmed complaints:: unpacking satisfaction with end-of-life care
by Sinding, Christina
- 1387-1395 The radicalized self: the impact on the self of the contested nature of the diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome
by Clarke, Juanne N. & James, Susan
- 1397-1407 Vulnerability to coastal cholera ecology
by Collins, Andrew E.
- 1409-1419 It is hard work behaving as a credible patient: encounters between women with chronic pain and their doctors
by Werner, Anne & Malterud, Kirsti
- 1421-1428 Incidence and correlates of breast milk feeding in hospitalized preterm infants
by Espy, Kimberly Andrews & Senn, Theresa E.
- 1429-1441 Hospital utilization for ambulatory care sensitive conditions: health outcome disparities associated with race and ethnicity
by Laditka, James N. & Laditka, Sarah B. & Mastanduno, Melanie P.
- 1443-1454 Fertility and perinatal health among Finnish immigrants in sweden
by Gissler, Mika & Pakkanen, Milla & Olausson, Petra Otterblad
- 1455-1462 Selective migration from deprived areas in Northern Ireland and the spatial distribution of inequalities: implications for monitoring health and inequalities in health
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Stevenson, Michael
- 1463-1473 Exploring relative deprivation: Is social comparison a mechanism in the relation between income and health?
by Åberg Yngwe, Monica & Fritzell, Johan & Lundberg, Olle & Diderichsen, Finn & Burström, Bo
- 1475-1489 Social causation, health-selective mobility, and the reproduction of socioeconomic health inequalities over time: panel study of adult men
by Elstad, Jon Ivar & Krokstad, Steinar
- 1491-1503 Social role occupancy, gender, income adequacy, life stage and health: a longitudinal study of employed Canadian men and women
by Janzen, B. L. & Muhajarine, Nazeem
- 1505-1514 Age and education patterns of smoking among women in high-income nations
by Pampel, Fred C.
- 1515-1524 Mutual influences of general practitioners in partnerships
by de Jong, Judith D. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Westert, Gert P.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 7
- 1147-1161 Methods for studying private sector supply of public health products in developing countries: a conceptual framework and review
by Conteh, Lesong & Hanson, Kara
- 1163-1172 The moral relevance of personal characteristics in setting health care priorities
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Richardson, Jeff & Dolan, Paul & Menzel, Paul
- 1173-1181 Are seasonalities in suicide dependent on suicide methods? A reappraisal
by Ajdacic-Gross, Vladeta & Wang, Jen & Bopp, Matthias & Eich, Dominique & Rössler, Wulf & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 1183-1194 Urban-rural differences in suicide trends in young adults: England and Wales, 1981-1998
by Middleton, Nicos & Gunnell, David & Frankel, Stephen & Whitley, Elise & Dorling, Daniel
- 1195-1203 Social capital and trust in providers
by Ahern, Melissa M. & Hendryx, Michael S.
- 1205-1219 Declining subscriptions to the Maliando Mutual Health Organisation in Guinea-Conakry (West Africa): what is going wrong?
by Criel, Bart & Waelkens, Maria Pia
- 1221-1235 Explaining variation in health status across space and time: implications for racial and ethnic disparities in self-rated health
by Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Wen, Ming
- 1237-1247 Do age and social relations moderate the relationship between self-rated health and mortality among adult Danes?
by Helweg-Larsen, Marie & Kjøller, Mette & Thoning, Henrik
- 1249-1257 Predictors of psychological distress in Lebanese hostages of war
by Saab, Basem Roberto & Chaaya, Monique & Doumit, Myrna & Farhood, Laila
- 1277-1288 Predicting young children's quality of life
by Jirojanakul, Pragai & Skevington, Suzanne M. & Hudson, John
- 1289-1306 A systematic and critical review of the process of translation and adaptation of generic health-related quality of life measures in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, South America
by Bowden, Annabel & Fox-Rushby, Julia A.
- 1307-1325 Daily geographies of caregivers: mobility, routine, scale
by Wiles, Janine
- 1327-1341 Women doctors in Norway: the challenging balance between career and family life
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
2003, Volume 57, Issue 6
- 975-986 Health insurance and child mortality in Costa Rica
by Dow, William H. & Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 987-1000 Use of mammography screening among older Samoan women in Los Angeles county: a diffusion network approach
by Levy-Storms, Lené & Wallace, Steven P.
- 1001-1015 Socio-economic adversity and psychosocial adjustment: a developmental-contextual perspective
by Schoon, Ingrid & Sacker, Amanda & Bartley, Mel
- 1017-1029 Managing threats to self: awareness in early stage Alzheimer's disease
by Clare, Linda
- 1031-1044 ORS is never enough: physician rationales for altering standard treatment guidelines when managing childhood diarrhoea in Thailand
by Howteerakul, Nopporn & Higginbotham, Nick & Freeman, Sonia & Dibley, Michael J.
- 1045-1054 Back pain and the resolution of diagnostic uncertainty in illness narratives
by Lillrank, Annika
- 1055-1064 Early puberty is associated with mental health problems in middle adolescence
by Kaltiala-Heino, Riittakerttu & Marttunen, Mauri & Rantanen, Päivi & Rimpelä, Matti
- 1065-1075 Value importance and value congruence as determinants of trust in health policy actors
by Kehoe, Susan M. & Ponting, J. Rick
- 1077-1090 The process of mediated aging-in-place: a theoretically and empirically based model
by Cutchin, Malcolm P.
- 1091-1097 Short report: Migration among persons living with HIV
by Berk, Marc L. & Schur, Claudia L. & Dunbar, Jennifer L. & Bozzette, Sam & Shapiro, Martin
- 1099-1115 Women's empowerment and fertility decline among the Pare of Kilimanjaro region, Northern Tanzania
by Larsen, Ulla & Hollos, Marida
- 1117-1126 A new look at neighborhoods near National Priorities List sites
by Heitgerd, Janet L. & Virginia Lee, C.
- 1127-1142 Indicators of empowerment and disempowerment in the subjective evaluation of the psychiatric treatment process by persons with severe and persistent mental illness: a qualitative and quantitative analysis
by Kilian, Reinhold & Lindenbach, Iro & Löbig, Uta & Uhle, Matthias & Petscheleit, Andreas & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 5
- 769-774 Psychological distress among Thai migrant workers in Israel
by Griffin, Jennifer & Soskolne, Varda
- 775-781 Dimensions of trauma associated with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) caseness, severity and functional impairment: a study of Bosnian refugees resettled in Australia
by Momartin, S. & Silove, D. & Manicavasagar, V. & Steel, Z.
- 783-790 Factors affecting decisions to seek treatment for sick children in Kerala, India
by Pillai, Rajamohanan K & Williams, Sankey V. & Glick, Henry A. & Polsky, Daniel & Berlin, Jesse A. & Lowe, Robert A.
- 791-806 Interacting with cancer patients: the significance of physicians' communication behavior
by Arora, Neeraj K.
- 807-824 Job characteristics, physical and psychological symptoms, and social support as antecedents of sickness absence among men and women in the private industrial sector
by Väänänen, Ari & Toppinen-Tanner, Salla & Kalimo, Raija & Mutanen, Pertti & Vahtera, Jussi & Peiró, José M.
- 825-841 Children's health-related quality of life, neighbourhood socio-economic deprivation and social capital. A contextual analysis
by Drukker, Marjan & Kaplan, Charles & Feron, Frans & van Os, Jim
- 843-860 Poverty, affluence, and income inequality: neighborhood economic structure and its implications for health
by Wen, Ming & Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A.
- 861-873 Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity among the elderly; a European overview
by Huisman, Martijn & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 875-880 Quality of internet access: barrier behind internet use statistics
by Skinner, Harvey & Biscope, Sherry & Poland, Blake
- 881-893 Damned if you do: culture, identity, privilege, and teenage childbearing in the United States
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 895-904 Ethnicity, socio-economic position and gender--do they affect reported health--care seeking behaviour?
by Adamson, Joy & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & Chaturvedi, Nish & Donovan, Jenny
- 905-916 Narrative strategies in medical discourse: constructing the psychiatric "case" in a non-western setting
by Coker, Elizabeth M.
- 917-926 Discourses of blame: accounting for aggression and violence on an acute mental health inpatient unit
by Benson, Anne & Secker, Jenny & Balfe, Emma & Lipsedge, Maurice & Robinson, Sarah & Walker, Julian
- 927-936 Patients and doctors: reformulating the UK health policy community?
by Salter, Brian
- 937-948 Public and private sector responses to essential drugs policies:: a multilevel analysis of drug prescription and selling practices in Mali
by Maïga, Fatoumata Ina & Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre & Gauvin, Lise
- 949-958 The DALY, context and the determinants of the severity of disease: an exploratory comparison of paraplegia in Australia and Cameroon
by Allotey, Pascale & Reidpath, Daniel & Kouamé, Aka & Cummins, Robert
2003, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 577-593 Health behaviours and health in adolescence as predictors of educational level in adulthood: a follow-up study from Finland
by Koivusilta, Leena & Arja, Rimpelä & Andres, Vikat
- 595-611 Why are suicide rates rising in young men but falling in the elderly?--a time-series analysis of trends in England and Wales 1950-1998
by Gunnell, David & Middleton, Nicos & Whitley, Elise & Dorling, Daniel & Frankel, Stephen
- 613-623 Contrasting lives, contrasting views? understandings of health inequalities from children in differing social circumstances
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Davis, John
- 625-636 Household and neighbourhood risks for injury to 5-14 year old children
by Haynes, Robin & Reading, Richard & Gale, Susan
- 637-646 Future uncertainty and socioeconomic inequalities in health: the Whitehall II study
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Davey Smith, George & Marmot, Michael
- 647-656 Allostatic load and work conditions
by Schnorpfeil, Pia & Noll, Alexander & Schulze, Renate & Ehlert, Ulrike & Frey, Karl & Fischer, Joachim E.
- 657-672 Hygiene in the home: relating bugs and behaviour
by Curtis, Val & Biran, Adam & Deverell, Katie & Hughes, Clarissa & Bellamy, Kate & Drasar, Bo
- 673-686 Dr. John has gone: assessing health professionals' contribution to remote rural community sustainability in the UK
by Farmer, Jane & Lauder, William & Richards, Helen & Sharkey, Siobhan
- 687-696 Measuring people's preferences regarding ageism in health: some methodological issues and some fresh evidence
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul & Shaw, Rebecca
- 697-710 Health technology assessment in its local contexts: studies of telehealthcare
by May, Carl & Mort, Maggie & Williams, Tracy & Mair, Frances & Gask, Linda
- 711-720 Ideal versus reality: physicians perspectives on patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia
by Åsbring, Pia & Närvänen, Anna-Liisa
- 721-731 Physician and family assisted suicide: results from a study of public attitudes in Britain
by O'Neill, C. & Feenan, D. & Hughes, C. & McAlister, D. A.
- 733-744 Improving antibiotic use in low-income countries: an overview of evidence on determinants
by Radyowijati, Aryanti & Haak, Hilbrand
- 745-756 Intellectual property rights and traditional medicine: policy dilemmas at the interface
by Timmermans, Karin
- 757-762 Ageing and public satisfaction with the health service: an analysis of recent trends
by Calnan, Michael & Almond, Stephen & Smith, Nick
2003, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 389-401 The meanings of organ donation: Muslims of Pakistani origin and white English nationals living in North England
by Hayward, Clare & Madill, Anna
- 403-412 The new genetics and its consequences for family, kinship, medicine and medical genetics
by Finkler, Kaja & Skrzynia, Cécile & Evans, James P.
- 413-425 Examining the disablement process among older Mexican American adults
by Peek, M. Kristen & Ottenbacher, Kenneth J. & Markides, Kyriakos S. & Ostir, Glenn V.
- 427-435 A politico-economic analysis of decision making in funding health service organisations
by Jan, Stephen & Dommers, Eric & Mooney, Gavin
- 437-451 "It wasn't the plague we expected." Parents' perceptions of the health and environmental impact of opencast coal mining
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Pless-Mulloli, Tanja
- 453-464 The health politics of asthma: environmental justice and collective illness experience in the United States
by Brown, Phil & Mayer, Brian & Zavestoski, Stephen & Luebke, Theo & Mandelbaum, Joshua & McCormick, Sabrina
- 465-475 The health impact of health care on families: a matched cohort study of hospice use by decedents and mortality outcomes in surviving, widowed spouses
by Christakis, Nicholas A. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 477-486 Socio-demographic predictors of self-rated health in the Republic of Ireland: findings from the National Survey on Lifestyle, Attitudes and Nutrition, SLAN
by Kelleher, C. C. & Friel, S. & Nic Gabhainn, S. & Tay, Joseph B.
- 487-501 Born out of wedlock and never married--it breaks a man's heart
by Modin, Bitte
- 503-512 Language barriers between nurses and asylum seekers: their impact on symptom reporting and referral
by Bischoff, Alexander & Bovier, Patrick A. & Isah, Rrustemi & Francoise, Gariazzo & Ariel, Eytan & Louis, Loutan
- 513-527 Self-treatment and its discussion in medical consultations: how is medical pluralism managed in practice?
by Stevenson, Fiona A. & Britten, Nicky & Barry, Christine A. & Bradley, Colin P. & Barber, Nick
- 529-538 Pharmaceutical reform and physician strikes in Korea: separation of drug prescribing and dispensing
by Kwon, Soonman
- 539-550 Epidemiological transition: Model or illusion? A look at the problem of health in Mexico
by Carolina, Martínez S & Gustavo, Leal F
- 551-560 Geographic analysis of diabetes prevalence in an urban area
by Green, Chris & Hoppa, Robert D. & Young, T. Kue & Blanchard, J. F.
- 561-569 Sexual violence among a cohort of injection drug users
by Braitstein, Paula & Li, Kathy & Tyndall, Mark & Spittal, Patricia & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Schilder, Arn & Johnston, Caitlin & Hogg, Robert S. & Schechter, Martin T.
- 571-576 Hospitalisation process seen by patients and health care professionals
by Rentsch, Denis & Luthy, Christophe & Perneger, Thomas V. & Allaz, Anne-Françoise
2003, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 195-204 Reshaping the carcinogenic risk assessment of medicines: international harmonisation for drug safety, industry/regulator efficiency or both?
by Abraham, John & Reed, Tim
- 205-215 Physician-patient interaction: a gynecology clinic in Turkey
by Uskul, Ayse K. & Ahmad, Farah
- 217-225 Reproductive health indicators for China's rural areas
by Wang, Caroline C. & Wang, Yan & Zhang, Kaining & Fang, Jing & Liu, Wei & Luo, Shusheng & Tang, Songyuan & Wang, Shaoxian & Li, Virginia C.
- 227-237 When being alone might be better: neighborhood poverty, social capital, and child mental health
by Caughy, Margaret O'Brien & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Muntaner, Carles
- 239-251 Deliberations about deliberative methods: issues in the design and evaluation of public participation processes
by Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Smith, Patricia & Martin, Elisabeth & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre
- 253-261 "Love thy neighbour"--it's good for your health: a study of racial homogeneity, mortality and social cohesion in the United States
by Reidpath, Daniel D.
- 263-276 Tracing the social gradient in the health of Canadians: primary and secondary determinants
by Kosteniuk, Julie G. & Dickinson, Harley D.
- 277-288 Negotiating palliative care expertise in the medical world
by Hibbert, Derek & Hanratty, Barbara & May, Carl & Mair, Frances & Litva, Andrea & Capewell, Simon
- 289-299 Problematising depression: young people, mental health and suicidal behaviours
by Bennett, Sara & Coggan, Carolyn & Adams, Peter
- 301-311 Changing patterns of orphan care due to the HIV epidemic in western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
- 313-325 Children's feeding programs in Atlantic Canada: some Foucauldian theoretical concepts in action
by Dayle, Jutta B. & McIntyre, Lynn
- 327-342 Return migration in the context of parental assistance in the AIDS epidemic: the Thai experience
by Knodel, John & VanLandingham, Mark
- 343-353 A shift in the historical trajectory of medical dominance: the case of Medibank and the Australian doctors' lobby
by De Voe, Jennifer E. & Short, Stephanie D.
- 355-374 Endangering safe motherhood in Mozambique: prenatal care as pregnancy risk
by Chapman, Rachel R.
- 375-385 The role of social support and self-esteem in the presence and course of depressive symptoms: a comparison of cancer patients and individuals from the general population
by Schroevers, Maya J. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert
2003, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-12 Sustaining safe practice: twenty years on
by Kippax, Susan & Race, Kane
- 13-24 HIV and AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: a conceptual framework and implications for action
by Parker, Richard & Aggleton, Peter
- 25-38 Nuances and shifts in lesbian women's constructions of STI and HIV vulnerability
by Dolan, Kathleen A. & Davis, Phillip W.
- 39-54 Situational factors influencing drug injecting, risk reduction and syringe exchange in Togliatti City, Russian Federation: a qualitative study of micro risk environment
by Rhodes, Tim & Mikhailova, Larissa & Sarang, Anya & Lowndes, Catherine M. & Rylkov, Andrey & Khutorskoy, Mikhail & Renton, Adrian
- 55-69 A proper place to live: health inequalities, agency and the normative dimensions of space
by Popay, Jennie & Thomas, Carol & Williams, Gareth & Bennett, Sharon & Gatrell, Anthony & Bostock, Lisa