Nutrient intake: A cross-national analysis of trends and economic correlates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dhaval M. Dave & Nadia Doytch & Inas Rashad Kelly, 2016. "Nutrient Intake: A Cross-National Analysis of Trends and Economic Correlates," NBER Working Papers 22179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H., 2008.
"Farm policies and added sugars in US diets,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 480-488, December.
- Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H., 2008. "Farm policies and added sugars in US diets," ISU General Staff Papers 200812010800001483, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John C. Beghin & Helen H. Jensen, 2008. "Farm Policies and Added Sugars in US Diets," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp462, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H., 2008. "Farm Policies and Added Sugars in US Diets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12872, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- McCarthy, Mark & Cluzel, Elodie & Dressel, Kerstin & Newton, Rachel, 2013. "Food and health research in Europe: Structures, gaps and futures," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 64-71.
- Casabonne, Ursula & Kenny, Charles, 2012. "The Best Things in Life are (Nearly) Free: Technology, Knowledge, and Global Health," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 21-35.
- McNamara, Paul E. & Ranney, Christine K. & Kantor, Linda Scott & Krebs-Smith, Susan M., 1999. "The gap between food intakes and the Pyramid recommendations: measurement and food system ramifications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 117-133, May.
- Dave, Dhaval M. & Kelly, Inas Rashad, 2012. "How does the business cycle affect eating habits?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 254-262.
- Nadia Doytch & Dhaval M Dave & Inas Rashad Kelly, 2016. "Global Evidence on Obesity and Related Outcomes: An Overview of Prevalence, Trends, and Determinants," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 7-28, January.
- Smith, Robert E., 1999. "Food processing: a food scientist's perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 255-264, May.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2011.
"Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Policies: An Empirical Study for Malawi,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 412-428, March.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2010. "Analyzing nutritional impacts of policies: An empirical study for Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 1017, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshinori Nakagawa & Koji Kotani, 2017. "Perceptive and socio-economic predictors of varied fruit and vegetable intake," Working Papers SDES-2017-1, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Feb 2017.
- Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Rocco, Lorenzo & Suhrcke, Marc, 2017. "The contribution of urbanization to non-communicable diseases: Evidence from 173 countries from 1980 to 2008," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 151-163.
- Kelly, Inas R. & Doytch, Nadia & Dave, Dhaval, 2019. "How does body mass index affect economic growth? A comparative analysis of countries by levels of economic development," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 58-73.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tesfaye, Wondimagegn & Tirivayi, Nyasha, 2020. "Crop diversity, household welfare and consumption smoothing under risk: Evidence from rural Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Clémentine Garrouste & Mathilde Godard, 2016. "The lasting health impact of leaving school in a bad economy : Britons in the 1970s recession," Post-Print hal-01408637, HAL.
- Colombo, Emilio & Rotondi, Valentina & Stanca, Luca, 2018.
"Macroeconomic conditions and health: Inspecting the transmission mechanism,"
Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 29-37.
- Emilio, Colombo & Valentina, Rotondi & Luca, Stanca, 2016. "Macroeconomic Conditions and Health: Inspecting the Transmission Mechanism," Working Papers 337, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 31 Dec 2016.
- Madureira-Lima, Joana & Reeves, Aaron & Clair, Amy & Stuckler, David, 2018. "The Great Recession and inequalities in access to health care: a study of unemployment and unmet medical need in Europe in the economic crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 87740, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Del Prete, Davide & Ghins, Léopold & Magrini, Emiliano & Pauw, Karl, 2019.
"Land consolidation, specialization and household diets: Evidence from Rwanda,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 139-149.
- Magrini, E. & Del Prete, D. & Ghins, L. & Pauw, K., 2018. "Land Consolidation, Specialization, and Household Diets: Evidence from Rwanda," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277127, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Prete, Davide Del & Ghins, Leopold & Magrini, Emiliano & Pauw, Karl, 2019. "Land consolidation, specialization and household diets: Evidence from Rwanda," 2019 Sixth International Conference, September 23-26, 2019, Abuja, Nigeria 295780, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- del Prete, Davide & Ghins, Leopold & Magrini, Emiliano & Pauw, Karl, 2018. "Land consolidation, specialization, and household diets: Evidence from Rwanda:," IFPRI discussion papers 1728, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Brockhaus, Jan & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Kozicka, Marta, 2016. "What Drives India’s Rice Stocks? Empirical Evidence," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235659, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Golan, Elise & Unnevehr, Laurian, 2008. "Food product composition, consumer health, and public policy: Introduction and overview of special section," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 465-469, December.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2012.
"Market structure and coherence of international cooperation: the case of the dairy sector in Malawi,"
131464, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2012. "Market Structure and Coherence of International Cooperation: The Case of the Dairy Sector in Malawi," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125274, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Joelle Abramowitz, 2016. "The connection between working hours and body mass index in the U.S.: a time use analysis," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 131-154, March.
- Hussein, Mohamud & Law, Cherry & Fraser, Iain, 2021. "An analysis of food demand in a fragile and insecure country: Somalia as a case study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Suman Chakrabarti & Avinash Kishore & Devesh Roy, 2018.
"Effectiveness of Food Subsidies in Raising Healthy Food Consumption: Public Distribution of Pulses in India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 100(5), pages 1427-1449.
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Effectiveness of food subsidies in raising healthy food consumption: Public distribution of pulses in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1523, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Avinash, Kishore & Devesh, Roy, 2016. "Effectiveness of Food Subsidies in Raising Healthy Food Consumption: Public Distribution of Pulses in India," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235649, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Long-term Effects of Early Life Maize Yield on Maize Productivity and Efficiency in Rural Malawi," MPRA Paper 75975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Glauber, Joseph W. & Effland, Anne, 2016. "United States agricultural policy: Its evolution and impact:," IFPRI discussion papers 1543, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nyantakyi-Frimpong, Hanson & Mambulu, Faith Nankasa & Bezner Kerr, Rachel & Luginaah, Isaac & Lupafya, Esther, 2016. "Agroecology and sustainable food systems: Participatory research to improve food security among HIV-affected households in northern Malawi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 89-99.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen, "undated". "Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Price and Income Related Shocks in Malawi and Uganda," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2012-014, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Ólafsdóttir, Þórhildur & Reichman, Nancy E., 2014. "Was the economic crisis of 2008 good for Icelanders? Impact on health behaviors," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 1-19.
- Alston, Julian M. & Mullally, Conner C. & Sumner, Daniel A. & Townsend, Marilyn & Vosti, Stephen A., 2009. "Likely effects on obesity from proposed changes to the US food stamp program," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 176-184, April.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Shabnam, Nadia, 2015. "The income-elasticity of calories, macro and micro nutrients: What is the literature telling us?," MPRA Paper 63754, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dietrich, Stephan & Beekman, Gonne & Nillesen, Eleonora, 2018. "Market integration and pro-social behaviour in rural Liberia," MERIT Working Papers 2018-010, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Souhad Zaki & Jad Chaaban & Lara Nasreddine & Ali Chalak, 2014. "The impact of food price increases on nutrient intake in Lebanon," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-15, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMulti-country comparison; Nutrient intake; Calories; Global nutrition; Economic correlates; Health;
All these keywords.
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:158:y:2016:i:c:p:158-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.