Gaps in knowledge: Tracking and explaining gender differences in health information seeking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wyke, Sally & Hunt, Kate & Ford, Graeme, 1998. "Gender differences in consulting a general practitioner for common symptoms of minor illness," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 901-906, April.
- Rooks, Ronica N. & Wiltshire, Jacqueline C. & Elder, Keith & BeLue, Rhonda & Gary, Lisa C., 2012. "Health information seeking and use outside of the medical encounter: Is it associated with race and ethnicity?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 176-184.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruben L Bach & Alexander Wenz, 2020. "Studying health-related internet and mobile device use using web logs and smartphone records," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Seçkin, Gül, 2020. "Expansion of Parson's sick role into cyberspace: Patient information consumerism and subjective health in a representative sample of U.S. internet users," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 247(C).
- Rachael Piltch‐Loeb & Brian J. Zikmund‐Fisher & Victoria A. Shaffer & Laura D. Scherer & Megan Knaus & Angie Fagerlin & David M. Abramson & Aaron M. Scherer, 2019. "Cross‐Sectional Psychological and Demographic Associations of Zika Knowledge and Conspiracy Beliefs Before and After Local Zika Transmission," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(12), pages 2683-2693, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth information seeking; Gender; Disparities; HINTS; Inequality; Help seeking; Trend analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:128:y:2015:i:c:p:151-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.