Siblings, friends, course-mates, club-mates: How adolescent health behavior homophily varies by race, class, gender, and health status
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2011.
"Robust Inference With Multiway Clustering,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 238-249, April.
- Steven Goodreau & James Kitts & Martina Morris, 2009. "Birds of a feather, or friend of a friend? using exponential random graph models to investigate adolescent social networks," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(1), pages 103-125, February.
- James Moody & Douglas R. White, 2000. "Structural Cohesion and Embeddedness: A Hierarchical Conception of Social Groups," Working Papers 00-08-049, Santa Fe Institute.
- Cohen-Cole, Ethan & Fletcher, Jason M., 2008.
"Is obesity contagious? Social networks vs. environmental factors in the obesity epidemic,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1382-1387, September.
- Ethan Cohen-Cole & Jason M. Fletcher, 2008. "Is obesity contagious?: social networks vs. environmental factors in the obesity epidemic," Supervisory Research and Analysis Working Papers QAU08-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2004:94:2:293-299_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alejandro Gaviria & Steven Raphael, 2001. "School-Based Peer Effects And Juvenile Behavior," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 257-268, May.
- Maralani, Vida, 2013. "Educational inequalities in smoking: The role of initiation versus quitting," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 129-137.
- Jeffrey R Kling & Jeffrey B Liebman & Lawrence F Katz, 2007. "Experimental Analysis of Neighborhood Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 83-119, January.
- Barbara Entwisle & Ronald Rindfuss & David Guilkey & Aphichat Chamratrithirong & Sara Curran & Yothin Sawangdee, 1996. "Community and contraceptive choice in rural Thailand: A case study of Nang Rong," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(1), pages 1-11, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2009.161638_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fowler, J.H. & Christakis, N.A., 2008. "Estimating peer effects on health in social networks: A response to Cohen-Cole and Fletcher; and Trogdon, Nonnemaker, and Pais," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1400-1405, September.
- David Dekker & David Krackhardt & Tom Snijders, 2007. "Sensitivity of MRQAP Tests to Collinearity and Autocorrelation Conditions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 72(4), pages 563-581, December.
- Cosma Rohilla Shalizi & Andrew C. Thomas, 2011. "Homophily and Contagion are Generically Confounded in Observational Social Network Studies," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 40(2), pages 211-239, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nirav Mehta & Ralph Stinebrickner & Todd Stinebrickner, 2019.
"Time‐Use And Academic Peer Effects In College,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 57(1), pages 162-171, January.
- Nirav Mehta & Ralph Stinebrickner & Todd Stinebrickner, 2018. "Time-Use and Academic Peer Effects in College," NBER Working Papers 25168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nirav Mehta & Ralph Stinebrickner & Todd Stinebrickner, 2018. "Time-Use and Academic Peer Effects in College," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20184, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Nirav Mehta & Todd Stinebrickner & Ralph Stinebrickner, 2018. "Time-Use and Academic Peer Effects in College," Working Papers 2018-082, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Leung, ManChui R. & Chin, John J. & Petrescu-Prahova, Miruna, 2016. "Involving immigrant religious organizations in HIV/AIDS prevention: The role of bonding and bridging social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 201-209.
More about this item
KeywordsHomophily; Smoking; Drinking; Exercise; Television; Social networks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:125:y:2015:i:c:p:32-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.