Journal of Monetary Economics
2001, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 415-436 Bank net worth, asset prices and economic activity
by Chen, Nan-Kuang
- 437-462 Production chains and general equilibrium aggregate dynamics
by Huang, Kevin X. D. & Liu, Zheng
2001, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 25-54 Credit derivatives in banking: Useful tools for managing risk?
by Duffee, Gregory R. & Zhou, Chunsheng
- 55-80 Optimal monetary policy responses to relative-price changes
by Aoki, Kosuke
- 81-108 The effectiveness of government debt and transfers as insurance
by Floden, Martin
- 109-152 Equilibrium unemployment
by Gomes, Joao & Greenwood, Jeremy & Rebelo, Sergio
- 153-171 Learning, uncertainty and central bank activism in an economy with strategic interactions
by Ellison, Martin & Valla, Natacha
- 173-195 Does productivity growth fall after the adoption of new technology?
by Huggett, Mark & Ospina, Sandra
- 197-215 Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM
by Letendre, Marc-Andre & Smith, Gregor W.
- 217-237 An aggregate model of firm specific capital with and without commitment
by Kwok, Claudian
2001, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 449-475 Common cycles and the importance of transitory shocks to macroeconomic aggregates
by Issler, Joao Victor & Vahid, Farshid
- 477-498 Severance payments in an economy with frictions
by Alvarez, Fernando & Veracierto, Marcelo
- 499-521 Growth and risk-sharing with private information
by Khan, Aubhik & Ravikumar, B.
- 523-544 Monetary policy surprises and interest rates: Evidence from the Fed funds futures market
by Kuttner, Kenneth N.
- 545-579 Unemployment insurance and precautionary saving
by Engen, Eric M. & Gruber, Jonathan
- 581-594 Credibility of a new monetary regime: The currency board in Bulgaria
by Carlson, John A. & Valev, Neven T.
- 595-612 Issues on the measurement of the Solow residual and the testing of its exogeneity: Evidence for Canada
by Paquet, Alain & Robidoux, Benoit
- 613-652 Shifting endpoints in the term structure of interest rates
by Kozicki, Sharon & Tinsley, P. A.
- 653-674 New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks
by Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W.
2001, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 221-248 The impact of inflation on financial sector performance
by Boyd, John H. & Levine, Ross & Smith, Bruce D.
- 249-283 Stock price volatility and equity premium
by Brennan, Michael J. & Xia, Yihong
- 285-298 Timing and real indeterminacy in monetary models
by Carlstrom, Charles T. & Fuerst, Timothy S.
- 299-319 Real-time gross settlement and the costs of immediacy
by Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William
- 321-346 More international evidence on the historical properties of business cycles
by A'Hearn, Brian & Woitek, Ulrich
- 347-375 Input and output inventories
by Humphreys, Brad R. & Maccini, Louis J. & Schuh, Scott
- 377-415 Dirty money
by Camera, Gabriele
- 417-446 A gain from trade: From unproductive to productive entrepreneurship
by Holmes, Thomas J. & Jr., James A. Schmitz
2001, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 3-18 Sticky-price models of the business cycle: Specification and stability
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 19-30 Indeterminacy, bubbles, and the fiscal theory of price level determination
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 31-44 Another look at long-run money demand
by Ball, Laurence
- 45-59 On the optimality of activist policies with a less informed government
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 61-92 On measuring the welfare cost of business cycles
by Otrok, Christopher
- 93-121 Relative prices and investment rates
by Restuccia, Diego & Urrutia, Carlos
- 123-144 Commitment, coordination failures, and delayed reforms
by Chang, Roberto
- 145-161 Heterogeneous forecasts and aggregate dynamics
by Bomfim, Antulio N.
- 163-187 Government production of investment goods and aggregate labor productivity
by SchmitzJr, James A.
- 189-218 Conflict of interest in universal banking: Bank lending, stock underwriting, and fund management
by Ber, Hedva & Yafeh, Yishay & Yosha, Oved
2000, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 557-579 Homework in labor economics: Household production and intertemporal substitution
by Rupert, Peter & Rogerson, Richard & Wright, Randall
- 581-604 Long-run neutrality, high inflation, and bank insolvencies in Argentina and Brazil
by Bae, Sang-Kun & Ratti, Ronald A.
- 605-620 Realignment expectations and the US dollar, 1890-1897: Was there a 'Peso problem'?
by Paul Hallwood, C. & MacDonald, Ronald & Marsh, Ian W.
- 621-632 Sticky prices and volatile output
by Ellison, Martin & Scott, Andrew
2000, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 281-313 Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts
by Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T.
- 315-343 Why do monetary policies matter? An experimental study of saving and inflation in an overlapping generations model
by Bernasconi, Michele & Kirchkamp, Oliver
- 345-383 Results of a study of the stability of cointegrating relations comprised of broad monetary aggregates
by Carlson, John B. & Hoffman, Dennis L. & Keen, Benjamin D. & Rasche, Robert H.
- 385-396 Comovement, excess volatility, and home production
by Chang, Yongsung
- 397-416 Schooling and economic growth: A King-Rebelo experiment with human capital
by Rangazas, Peter
- 417-440 Monopolistic competition, increasing returns to scale, and the welfare costs of inflation
by Wu, Yangru & Zhang, Junxi
- 441-464 Seasonal cycles, business cycles, and monetary policy
by Liu, Zheng
- 465-488 Dynamic asset pricing effects and incidence of realization-based capital gains taxes
by Viard, Alan D.
- 489-516 Open mouth operations
by Guthrie, Graeme & Wright, Julian
- 517-533 A model of the bimetallic system
by Oppers, Stefan Erik
- 535-553 Interbank payments and the daily federal funds rate
by Furfine, Craig H.
2000, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 3-30 The comovement between output and prices
by den Haan, Wouter J.
- 31-77 Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes
by Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten
- 79-95 The uncertain trend in U.S. GDP
by Murray, Christian J. & Nelson, Charles R.
- 97-120 The evolution of cash transactions: Some implications for monetary policy
by Schreft, Stacey L. & Smith, Bruce D.
- 121-142 Mass layoffs and unemployment
by Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John
- 143-171 Wages, business cycles, and comparative advantage
by Chang, Yongsung
- 173-197 Informality and rent-seeking bureaucracies in a model of long-run growth
by Sarte, Pierre-Daniel G.
- 199-228 Monetary policy, parameter uncertainty and optimal learning
by Wieland, Volker
- 229-256 Does the fed act gradually? A VAR analysis
by Sack, Brian
- 257-277 Bank runs and currency run in a system without a safety net: Argentina and the 'tequila' shock
by Schumacher, Liliana
2000, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 477-505 Growth uncertainty and risksharing
by Athanasoulis, Stefano G. & van Wincoop, Eric
- 507-532 Risk-sensitive real business cycles
by TallariniJr., Thomas D.
- 533-560 Risk sharing by households within and across regions and industries
by Hess, Gregory D. & Shin, Kwanho
- 561-586 Exchange rate anomalies in the industrial countries: A solution with a structural VAR approach
by Kim, Soyoung & Roubini, Nouriel
- 587-611 The terms of trade, productivity growth and the current account
by Iscan, Talan B.
- 613-630 Exchange rates and the fiscal theory of the price level
by Dupor, Bill
- 631-655 Inflation uncertainty and growth in a cash-in-advance economy
by Dotsey, Michael & Sarte, Pierre Daniel
- 657-680 Staggered price setting, translog preferences, and endogenous persistence
by Bergin, Paul R. & Feenstra, Robert C.
- 681-716 Non-convex costs and capital utilization: A study of production scheduling at automobile assembly plants
by Hall, George J.
- 717-739 The long-run stability of the demand for money: Italy 1861-1996
by Muscatelli, V. Anton & Spinelli, Franco
2000, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 249-268 The aggregate effects of sectoral reallocations
by Phelan, Christopher & Trejos, Alberto
- 269-292 An equilibrium analysis of relative price changes and aggregate inflation
by Balke, Nathan S. & Wynne, Mark A.
- 293-328 The sustainability of bond-financed deficits: An overlapping generations approach
by Chalk, Nigel A.
- 329-359 Constructing and estimating a realistic optimizing model of monetary policy
by Kim, Jinill
- 361-397 Understanding why high income households save more than low income households
by Huggett, Mark & Ventura, Gustavo
- 399-436 Fixed versus flexible exchange rates: Which provides more fiscal discipline?
by Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres
- 437-461 Transitional dynamics in an R&D-based growth model with imitation: Comparing its predictions to the data
by Perez-Sebastian, Fidel
- 463-474 An economic rationale for public education: The value of commitment
by Gradstein, Mark
2000, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 3-35 Inflation and the great ratios: Long term evidence from the U.S
by Ahmed, Shaghil & Rogers, John H.
- 37-53 Fiscal solvency and price level determination in a monetary union
by Bergin, Paul R.
- 55-68 A model of the liquidity structure based on asset indivisibility
by Wallace, Neil
- 69-106 Sectoral shocks and aggregate fluctuations
by Horvath, Michael
- 107-128 Endogenous growth and stochastic trends
by Fatas, Antonio
- 129-153 (Fractional) beta convergence
by Michelacci, Claudio & Zaffaroni, Paolo
- 155-184 A search-theoretic model of legal and illegal currency
by Soller Curtis, Elisabeth & Waller, Christopher J.
- 185-210 Fiscal policy, elastic labor supply, and endogenous growth
by Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 211-246 Price level determinacy and monetary policy under a balanced-budget requirement
by Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie & Uribe, Martin
1999, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 339-377 The effects of irreversibility and uncertainty on capital accumulation
by Abel, Andrew B. & Eberly, Janice C.
- 379-400 Inflation and financial sector size
by English, William B.
- 401-421 On high inflation and the allocation of resources
by Tommasi, Mariano
- 423-451 Common and country-specific fluctuations in productivity, investment, and the current account
by Gregory, Allan W. & Head, Allen C.
- 453-475 An equilibrium theory of nominal and real exchange rate comovement
by Finn, Mary G.
- 477-508 An empirically plausible model of low real interest rates and unbacked government debt
by Bullard, James & Russell, Steven
- 509-521 Analytical solutions to a structural signal extraction model: Lucas 1972 revisited
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 523-553 The cyclical sensitivity of seasonality in U.S. employment
by Krane, Spencer & Wascher, William
- 555-580 Endogenous term premia and anomalies in the term structure of interest rates: Explaining the predictability smile
by Roberds, William & Whiteman, Charles H.
- 581-603 On the efficiency and equity trade-off
by Correia, Isabel H.
1999, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 165-193 A neoclassical model of the Phillips curve relation
by Cooley, Thomas F. & Quadrini, Vincenzo
- 195-222 Inflation dynamics: A structural econometric analysis
by Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark
- 223-258 The Phillips curve in Australia
by Gruen, David & Pagan, Adrian & Thompson, Christopher
- 259-278 UK Phillips curves and monetary policy
by Haldane, Andrew & Quah, Danny
- 279-291 Does the time-consistency problem explain the behavior of inflation in the United States?
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 293-335 Forecasting inflation
by Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W.
1999, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 3-31 Chaos, sunspots and automatic stabilizers
by Christiano, Lawrence J. & G. Harrison, Sharon
- 33-64 Pricing free bank notes
by Gorton, Gary
- 65-80 Technology, growth and the business cycle
by Imbs, Jean M.
- 81-103 Search, inflation and capital accumulation
by Shi, Shouyong
- 105-130 On the Fisher effect
by Koustas, Zisimos & Serletis, Apostolos
- 131-148 The indeterminacy of prices under interest rate pegging: The non-Ricardian case
by Cushing, Matthew J.
- 149-158 Sovereign debt and consumption smoothing
by Grossman, Herschel I. & Han, Taejoon
1999, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 525-551 Pioneering price level targeting: The Swedish experience 1931-1937
by Berg, Claes & Jonung, Lars
- 553-578 Nominal income targeting in an open-economy optimizing model
by McCallum, Bennett T. & Nelson, Edward
- 579-605 International experiences with different monetary policy regimesMishkin, 1998b). Any views expressed in this paper are those of the author only and not those of Columbia University or the National Bureau of Economic Research
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 607-654 Inflation targeting as a monetary policy rule
by Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 655-679 The robustness and efficiency of monetary policy rules as guidelines for interest rate setting by the European central bank
by Taylor, John B.
- 681-701 Money growth targeting by the Bundesbank
by von Hagen, Jurgen
1999, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 263-282 On the optimality of interest rate smoothing
by Rebelo, Sergio & Xie, Danyang
- 283-315 Inflation, financial markets and long-run real activity
by Huybens, Elisabeth & Smith, Bruce D.
- 317-350 The role of intratemporal adjustment costs in a multisector economy
by Huffman, Gregory W. & Wynne, Mark A.
- 351-376 The permanent income hypothesis:: Evidence from the consumer expenditure survey
by DeJuan, Joseph P. & J. Seater, John
- 377-390 The liquidity effect and money demand
by Cook, David
- 391-409 Aggregation and irrelevance in multi-sector models
by Dupor, Bill
- 411-434 Taxation and long-run growth1
by Hendricks, Lutz
- 435-456 Heterogeneous expectations and tests of efficiency in the yen/dollar forward exchange rate market
by Elliott, Graham & Ito, Takatoshi
- 457-495 Labor market search and the dynamic effects of taxes and subsidies
by Shi, Shouyong & Wen, Quan
- 497-520 Optimal monetary policy rules in a rational expectations model of the Phillips curve
by Clark, Peter B. & Goodhart, Charles A. E. & Huang, Haizhou
1999, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 3-33 Risk premia and term premia in general equilibrium
by Abel, Andrew B.
- 35-59 Endogenous trade policy and the gains from international financial markets
by Devereux, Michael B. & Min Lee, Khang
- 61-89 Money, politics and the post-war business cycle
by Faust, Jon & Irons, John S.
- 91-124 Heterogeneous job-matches and the cyclical behavior of labor turnover
by Merz, Monika
- 125-141 Temporary and permanent government spending in a small open economy
by Karayalcin, Cem
- 143-171 Irreversible investment and endogenous financing: An evaluation of the corporate tax effects
by Faig, Miquel & Shum, Pauline
- 173-195 Cost reduction, entry, and the interdependence of market structure and economic growth
by Peretto, Pietro F.
- 197-216 Rediscounting under aggregate risk
by Freeman, Scott
- 217-235 Whose monetary policy is it anyway?
by Tootell, Geoffrey M. B.
- 237-257 Informational overshooting, booms, and crashes
by Zeira, Joseph
1998, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 447-469 The optimum quantity of debt
by Aiyagari, S. Rao & McGrattan, Ellen R.
- 471-494 Real interest rates and central bank operating procedures
by Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Dellas, Harris
- 495-509 The augmented Solow model and the productivity slowdown
by Hamilton, James D. & Monteagudo, Josefina
- 511-523 Spotting sunspots: Some evidence in support of models with self-fulfilling prophecies
by Salyer, Kevin D. & Sheffrin, Steven M.
- 525-545 Can political monetary cycles be avoided?
by al-Nowaihi, Ali & Levine, Paul
- 547-573 Inflation, nominal interest rates and the variability of output
by Chadha, Bankim & Tsiddon, Daniel
- 575-592 Monetary shocks in the G-6 countries: Is there a puzzle?
by Fung, Ben Siu-cheong & Kasumovich, Marcel
1998, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 207-240 Repeated insurance relationships in a costly state verification model: With an application to deposit insurance
by Smith, Bruce D. & Wang, Cheng
- 241-260 Estimating the effects of monetary shocks: An evaluation of different approaches
by Beaudry, Paul & Saito, Makoto
- 261-288 Nonlinear response of firm investment to Q:: Testing a model of convex and non-convex adjustment costs1
by Barnett, Steven A. & Sakellaris, Plutarchos
- 289-301 New evidence on labor supply:: Employment versus hours elasticities by sex and marital status
by Kimmel, Jean & Kniesner, Thomas J.
- 303-322 Sluggish inflation and optimizing models of the business cycle
by Nelson, E.
- 323-355 Fiscal policy in an endogenous growth model with human capital accumulation
by Ortigueira, Salvador
- 357-373 Intrinsic bubbles and regime-switching
by Driffill, John & Sola, Martin
- 375-386 The early development of monetary policy rules: The view from Geneva in the 1920s
by Endres, A. M. & Fleming, Grant A.
- 387-425 The permanent effects of innovation on financial depth:: Theory and US historical evidence from unobservable components models
by Rousseau, Peter L.
- 427-444 On the adjustment matrix in error correction models
by Rossana, Robert J.
1998, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 3-23 Ideas versus rival human capital: Industry evidence on growth models
by Klenow, Peter J.
- 25-45 Fiscal policy and saving under distortionary taxation
by Dahan, Momi & Hercowitz, Zvi
- 47-66 Is public capital provision efficient?
by Otto, Glenn D. & Voss, Graham M.
- 67-92 Human capital formation and business cycle persistence
by Perli, Roberto & Sakellaris, Plutarchos
- 93-130 Exploring the income distribution business cycle dynamics
by Castaneda, Ana & Diaz-Gimenez, Javier & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 131-159 Middlemen and private information
by Li, Yiting
- 161-183 Banks' demand for reserves when future monetary policy is uncertain
by Nautz, Dieter
- 185-203 Can a real business cycle model pass the Watson test?
by Wen, Yi
1998, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 431-453 Volatility clustering in real interest rates Theory and evidence
by Haan, Wouter J. den & Spear, Scott A.
- 455-474 Money and output viewed through a rolling window
by Swanson, Norman R.
- 475-512 Detrending and business cycle facts
by Canova, Fabio
- 513-532 Detrending and business cycle facts: A comment
by Burnside, Craig
- 533-540 Detrending and business cycle facts: A user's guide
by Canova, Fabio
1998, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 227-255 Political party negotiations, income distribution, and endogenous growth
by Chang, Roberto
- 257-275 Asset pricing in production economies
by Jermann, Urban J.
- 277-300 What do the VARs mean? Measuring the output effects of monetary policy
by Cochrane, John H.
- 301-318 How the basic RBC model fails to explain US time series
by Chow, Gregory C. & Kwan, Yum K.
- 319-331 Should public capital be subsidized or provided?
by Devarajan, Shantayanan & Danyang, Xie & Zou, Heng-fu
- 333-350 More on the time consistency of monetary policy
by Nicolini, Juan Pablo
- 351-370 Government borrowing using bonds with randomly determined returns: Welfare improving randomization in the context of deficit finance
by Smith, Bruce D. & Villamil, Anne P.
- 371-387 The dynamic effects of permanent and transitory labor income on consumption
by Falk, Barry & Lee, Bong-Soo
- 389-409 Average marginal tax rates revisited
by Stephenson, E. Frank
- 411-426 Is the persistence of shocks to output asymmetric?
by Elwood, S. Kirk
1998, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 3-26 Inflation crises and long-run growth
by Bruno, Michael & Easterly, William
- 27-38 Bank runs: Liquidity costs and investment distortions
by Cooper, Russell & Ross, Thomas W.
- 39-56 The effects of moral hazard on asset prices when financial markets are complete
by Kocherlakota, Narayana R.
- 57-70 What's different among banks?
by Cosimano, Thomas F. & McDonald, Bill
- 71-104 Intergenerational earnings mobility, inequality and growth
by Owen, Ann L. & Weil, David N.
- 105-125 Indeterminacy, home production, and the business cycle: A calibrated analysis
by Perli, Roberto
- 127-151 Public sector price increases, credibility and welfare
by Buffie, Edward F.
- 153-183 Asymmetry, imperfectly transferable utility, and the role of fiat money in improving terms of trade
by Engineer, Merwan & Shouying Shi
- 185-199 Weekly employee hours, weeks worked and intertemporal substitution
by Jang-Ok Cho & Merrigan, Philip & Phaneuf, Louis
- 201-216 Does the choice of consumption measure matter? An application to the permanent-income hypothesis
by Ziliak, James P.
- 217-224 The 'embodiment' controversy: A review essay
by Hercowitz, Zvi
1997, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 435-456 Using theory for measurement: An analysis of the cyclical behavior of home production
by Ingram, Beth F. & Kocherlakota, Narayana R. & Savin, N. E.
- 457-499 The replacement problem
by Cooley, Thomas F. & Greenwood, Jeremy & Yorukoglu, Mehmet
- 501-533 Asymmetric business cycles: Theory and time-series evidence
by Acemoglu, Daron & Scott, Andrew
- 535-554 Asymmetric persistence in GDP? A deeper look at depth
by Hess, Gregory D. & Iwata, Shigeru
- 555-572 A model of a currency shortage
by Wallace, Neil & Zhou, Ruilin
- 573-595 Intermediate inputs and sectoral comovement in the business cycle
by Hornstein, Andreas & Praschnik, Jack
- 597-617 Economic growth: A review essay
by Klenow, Peter J. & Rodriguez-Clare, Andres
- 619-640 Money and exchange rates in the Grossman-Weiss-Rotemberg model
by Alvarez, Fernando & Atkeson, Andrew
- 641-657 Narrative and VAR approaches to monetary policy: Common identification problems
by Leeper, Eric M.
- 659-665 Identification and the narrative approach: A reply to Leeper
by Romer, Christina D. & Romer, David H.
1997, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 207-238 Consumption and credit constraints: International evidence
by Bacchetta, Philippe & Gerlach, Stefan