Journal of Monetary Economics
March 2005, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 307-327 Interest rate interactions in the classical gold standard, 1880-1914: was there any monetary independence?
by Bordo, Michael D. & MacDonald, Ronald
- 329-343 Interest rate rules and price determinacy: The role of transactions services of bonds
by Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Diba, Behzad T.
- 345-380 Business cycles in emerging economies: the role of interest rates
by Neumeyer, Pablo A. & Perri, Fabrizio
- 381-419 What are the effects of monetary policy on output? Results from an agnostic identification procedure
by Uhlig, Harald
- 421-447 What do you expect? Imperfect policy credibility and tests of the expectations hypothesis
by Kozicki, Sharon & Tinsley, P.A.
- 449-475 Margin requirements and equilibrium asset prices
by Coen-Pirani, Daniele
- 477-496 Discretionary monetary policy and inflation persistence
by Westelius, Niklas J.
- 497-497 Erratum to "The term structure of real interest rates: theory and evidence from UK index-linked bonds": [Journal of Monetary Economics 51(7) (2004) 1509-1549]
by Seppala, Juha
January 2005, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 3-29 Rational speculation and exchange rates
by Duarte, Margarida & Stockman, Alan C.
- 31-33 Comment on: "Rational speculation and exchange rates"
by Obstfeld, Maurice
- 35-64 Exchange rate regime durability and performance in developing versus advanced economies
by Husain, Aasim M. & Mody, Ashoka & Rogoff, Kenneth S.
- 65-68 Comment on: "Exchange rate regime durability and performance in developing versus advanced economies"
by Backus, David K.
- 69-107 Latin America in the rearview mirror
by Cole, Harold L. & Ohanian, Lee E. & Riascos, Alvaro & Schmitz, James Jr
- 109-112 Comment on: "Latin America in the rear view mirror"
by Easterly, William
- 113-157 Determinants of business cycle comovement: a robust analysis
by Baxter, Marianne & Kouparitsas, Michael A.
- 159-162 Comment on: "Determinants of business cycle comovement: a robust analysis"
by Kehoe, Patrick
- 163-204 Why hasn't tax competition triggered a race to the bottom? Some quantitative lessons from the EU
by Mendoza, Enrique G. & Tesar, Linda L.
- 205-211 Comment on: "Why hasn't tax competition triggered a race to the bottom? Some quantitative lessons from the EU"
by McGrattan, Ellen R.
- 213-242 Implications of state-dependent pricing for dynamic macroeconomic models
by Dotsey, Michael & King, Robert G.
- 243-247 Comment on: "Implications of state-dependent pricing for dynamic macroeconomic modeling"
by Basu, Susanto
- 249-273 Tax distortions and the case for price stability
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 275-280 Comment on: "Tax distortions and the case for price stability"
by Christiano, Lawrence J.
November 2004, Volume 51, Issue 8
- 1553-1575 The impact of monetary policy on asset prices
by Rigobon, Roberto & Sack, Brian
- 1577-1597 Regime switching and monetary policy measurement
by Owyang, Michael T. & Ramey, Garey
- 1599-1621 Price setting, price dispersion, and the value of money: or, the law of two prices
by Curtis, Elisabeth & Wright, Randall
- 1623-1643 Wage aspirations and unemployment persistence
by Hogan, Vincent
- 1645-1681 Precautionary saving and partially observed income
by Wang, Neng
- 1683-1710 Unemployment insurance and capital accumulation
by Young, Eric R.
- 1711-1742 Exchange rates and casualties during the first world war
by Hall, George J.
- 1743-1770 Are non-fundamental equilibria learnable in models of monetary policy?
by Honkapohja, Seppo & Mitra, Kaushik
October 2004, Volume 51, Issue 7
- 1321-1352 Cross-sectional heterogeneity and the persistence of aggregate fluctuations
by Michelacci, Claudio
- 1353-1383 Barriers and the transition to modern growth
by Ngai, L. Rachel
- 1385-1413 The "price puzzle" reconsidered
by Hanson, Michael S.
- 1415-1447 Equity and efficiency effects of redistributive policies
by Seshadri, Ananth & Yuki, Kazuhiro
- 1449-1465 Unit roots and infrequent large shocks: new international evidence on output
by Darne, Olivier & Diebolt, Claude
- 1467-1494 In search of the liquidity effect in a modern monetary model
by Keen, Benjamin D.
- 1495-1507 A present value test of habits and the current account
by Gruber, Joseph W.
- 1509-1549 The term structure of real interest rates: theory and evidence from UK index-linked bonds
by Seppala, Juha
September 2004, Volume 51, Issue 6
- 1077-1106 Financial development and the instability of open economies
by Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit
- 1107-1131 Identifying VARS based on high frequency futures data
by Faust, Jon & Swanson, Eric T. & Wright, Jonathan H.
- 1133-1153 Estimating the Euler equation for output
by Fuhrer, Jeffrey C. & Rudebusch, Glenn D.
- 1155-1181 Monetary policy in emerging markets: Can liability dollarization explain contractionary devaluations?
by Cook, David
- 1183-1216 An exploration into Pigou's theory of cycles
by Beaudry, Paul & Portier, Franck
- 1217-1243 Monetary policy shocks:: Testing identification conditions under time-varying conditional volatility
by Normandin, Michel & Phaneuf, Louis
- 1245-1269 Optimal monetary policy in an economy with incomplete markets and idiosyncratic risk
by Akyol, Ahmet
- 1271-1296 An alternative explanation of the price puzzle
by Giordani, Paolo
- 1297-1317 Financial market participation and the apparent instability of money demand
by Reynard, Samuel
July 2004, Volume 51, Issue 5
- 861-898 An empirical analysis of the economic impact of federal terrorism reinsurance
by Brown, Jeffrey R. & Cummins, J. David & Lewis, Christopher M. & Wei, Ran
- 899-902 Comment on: "An empirical analysis of the economic impact of federal terrorism reinsurance"
by Chari, V. V.
- 903-927 Cities under stress
by Rossi-Hansberg, Esteban
- 929-933 Comment on: "Cities under stress"
by Sarte, Pierre-Daniel G.
- 935-965 Payment system disruptions and the federal reserve following September 11, 2001
by Lacker, Jeffrey M.
- 967-970 Comment on: "Payment system disruptions and the federal reserve following September 11, 2001"
by Williamson, Stephen D.
- 971-1002 Macroeconomic consequences of terror: theory and the case of Israel
by Eckstein, Zvi & Tsiddon, Daniel
- 1003-1006 Comment on: "Macroeconomic consequences of terror: theory and the case of Israel"
by Cukierman, Alex
- 1007-1032 The macroeconomic consequences of terrorism
by Blomberg, S. Brock & Hess, Gregory D. & Orphanides, Athanasios
- 1033-1037 Comment on "The macroeconomic consequences of terrorism"
by Garfinkel, Michelle R. & Jeliazkov, Ivan
- 1039-1070 The open society assesses its enemies: shocks, disasters and terrorist attacks
by Tavares, Jose
- 1071-1075 Comment on: "The open society assesses its enemies: shocks, disasters and terrorist attacks"
by Loayza, Norman
May 2004, Volume 51, Issue 4
- 671-689 Dollarization and currency exchange
by Craig, Ben & Waller, C.J.Christopher J.
- 691-712 Endogenous pricing to market and financing costs
by Aizenman, Joshua
- 713-751 Investment and liquidation in renegotiation-proof contracts with moral hazard
by Quadrini, Vincenzo
- 753-779 Do the ECB and the fed really need to cooperate? Optimal monetary policy in a two-country world
by Pappa, Evi
- 781-808 A quantitative analysis of oil-price shocks, systematic monetary policy, and economic downturns
by Leduc, Sylvain & Sill, Keith
- 809-836 Dynamic risksharing in the United States and Europe
by Asdrubali, Pierfederico & Kim, Soyoung
- 837-859 Regime-switching debt and taxation
by Davig, Troy
April 2004, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 451-471 Does bank lending affect output? Evidence from the U.S. states
by Driscoll, John C.
- 473-502 Real exchange rate persistence and monetary policy rules
by Benigno, Gianluca
- 503-530 Indeterminacy, aggregate demand, and the real business cycle
by Benhabib, Jess & Wen, Yi
- 531-554 Optimal maturity of government debt without state contingent bonds
by Buera, Francisco & Nicolini, Juan Pablo
- 555-573 Entrepreneurial activity, risk, and the business cycle
by Rampini, Adriano A.
- 575-607 Optimal fiscal and monetary policy with sticky prices
by Siu, Henry E.
- 609-633 Consumption and risk sharing over the life cycle
by Storesletten, Kjetil & Telmer, Christopher I. & Yaron, Amir
- 635-652 The impact of monetary policy on the exchange rate: evidence from three small open economies
by Zettelmeyer, Jeromin
- 653-670 Ambiguity aversion and the absence of wage indexation
by Mukerji, Sujoy & Tallon, Jean-Marc
March 2004, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 241-256 Social norms and money
by Araujo, Luis
- 257-276 International business cycles: What are the facts?
by Ambler, Steve & Cardia, Emanuela & Zimmermann, Christian
- 277-298 Unemployment and the business cycle
by Alexopoulos, Michelle
- 299-304 On the irrelevance of government debt when taxes are distortionary
by Bassetto, Marco & Kocherlakota, Narayana
- 305-325 Implications of habit formation for optimal monetary policy
by Amato, Jeffery D. & Laubach, Thomas
- 327-338 Learning and the central bank
by Carlstrom, Charles T. & Fuerst, Timothy S.
- 339-373 Self-enforcing employment contracts and business cycle fluctuations
by Sigouin, Christian
- 375-399 Market discipline and deposit insurance
by Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry
- 401-424 Optimal pricing of intraday liquidity
by Martin, Antoine
- 425-450 Patterns of plant adjustment
by Sakellaris, Plutarchos
January 2004, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-32 Importing technology
by Caselli, Francesco & Wilson, Daniel J.
- 33-38 Comment on: "Importing technology"
by Kortum, Samuel
- 39-83 Cross-country technology adoption: making the theories face the facts
by Comin, D. & Hobijn, B.
- 85-87 Comment on: "Cross-country technology adoption: making the theories face the facts"
by Coleman, Wilbur II
- 89-121 Strategic innovation and technology adoption in an evolving industry
by Filson, Darren & Gretz, Richard T.
- 123-126 Comment on: "Strategic innovation and technology adoption in an evolving industry"
by Mitchell, Matthew F.
- 127-160 Rent-seeking and innovation
by Boldrin, Michele & Levine, David K.
- 161-190 US-Europe differences in technology-driven growth: quantifying the role of education
by Krueger, Dirk & Kumar, Krishna B.
- 191-233 Aggregate returns to scale and embodied technical change: theory and measurement using stock market data
by Laitner, John & Stolyarov, Dmitriy
- 235-240 Comment on "Aggregate returns to scale and embodied technical change: theory and measurement using stock market data"
by Rousseau, Peter L.
November 2003, Volume 50, Issue 8
- 1623-1648 Endogenous money or sticky prices?
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 1649-1672 Money and inflation in the euro area: A case for monetary indicators?
by Gerlach, Stefan & Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 1673-1700 Modest policy interventions
by Leeper, Eric M. & Zha, Tao
- 1701-1718 Inside-outside money competition
by Marimon, Ramon & Nicolini, Juan Pablo & Teles, Pedro
- 1719-1750 Redistribution through education and other transfer mechanisms
by Hanushek, Eric A. & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Yilmaz, Kuzey
- 1751-1768 Labor-supply shifts and economic fluctuations
by Chang, Yongsung & Schorfheide, Frank
- 1769-1793 Commodity money inflation: theory and evidence from France in 1350-1436
by Sussman, Nathan & Zeira, Joseph
- 1795-1818 Credit market frictions and the allocation of resources over the business cycle
by Barlevy, Gadi
October 2003, Volume 50, Issue 7
- 1403-1424 Monetary policy's role in exchange rate behavior
by Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H.
- 1425-1456 Optimal monetary policy in an economy with inflation persistence
by Steinsson, Jon
- 1457-1498 Time-varying risk aversion and unexpected inflation
by Brandt, Michael W. & Wang, Kevin Q.
- 1499-1530 International evidence on output fluctuation and shock persistence
by Levy, Daniel & Dezhbakhsh, Hashem
- 1531-1553 International monetary trade and the law of one price
by Camera, Gabriele & Winkler, Johannes
- 1555-1591 A fundamental theory of exchange rates and direct currency trades
by Head, Allen & Shi, Shouyong
- 1593-1602 Are small stock markets different?
by Minier, Jenny A.
- 1603-1622 The predictive power of the yield curve: a theoretical assessment
by Rendu de Lint, Christel & Stolin, David
September 2003, Volume 50, Issue 6
- 1189-1214 Distribution costs and real exchange rate dynamics during exchange-rate-based stabilizations
by Burstein, Ariel T. & Neves, Joao C. & Rebelo, Sergio
- 1215-1241 Liquidity flows and fragility of business enterprises
by den Haan, Wouter J. & Ramey, Garey & Watson, Joel
- 1243-1255 Do financial variables help forecasting inflation and real activity in the euro area?
by Forni, Mario & Hallin, Marc & Lippi, Marco & Reichlin, Lucrezia
- 1257-1291 Precautionary savings and wealth distribution under habit formation preferences
by Diaz, Antonia & Pijoan-Mas, Josep & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 1293-1309 Maintaining price stability: how long is the medium term?
by Smets, Frank
- 1311-1331 Should fiscal policy be different in a non-competitive framework?
by Gorostiaga, Arantza
- 1333-1350 A model of the Federal Reserve Act under the international gold standard system
by Fujiki, Hiroshi
- 1351-1373 Existence and uniqueness of equilibrium in nonoptimal unbounded infinite horizon economies
by Morand, Olivier F. & Reffett, Kevin L.
- 1375-1390 Does the Barro-Gordon model explain the behavior of US inflation? A reexamination of the empirical evidence
by Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J.
- 1391-1401 Modeling small change: a review article
by Wallace, Neil
July 2003, Volume 50, Issue 5
- 945-975 Robust monetary policy with competing reference models
by Levin, Andrew T. & Williams, John C.
- 977-982 Comment on: Robust monetary policy with competing reference models
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 983-1022 Historical monetary policy analysis and the Taylor rule
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 1023-1027 Comment on: Historical monetary policy analysis and the Taylor rule
by Schwartz, Anna J.
- 1029-1059 The future of monetary aggregates in monetary policy analysis
by Nelson, Edward
- 1061-1070 Comment on: The future of monetary aggregates in monetary policy analysis
by Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 1071-1101 The zero-interest-rate bound and the role of the exchange rate for monetary policy in Japan
by Coenen, Gunter & Wieland, Volker
- 1103-1108 Comment on: The zero-interest-rate bound and the role of the exchange rate for monetary policy in Japan
by Walsh, Carl E.
- 1109-1146 Monetary rules for small, open, emerging economies
by Laxton, Douglas & Pesenti, Paolo
- 1147-1152 Comment on: Monetary rules for small, open, emerging economies
by Erceg, Christopher J.
- 1153-1175 Multiple-solution indeterminacies in monetary policy analysis
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 1177-1188 Comment on: Multiple-solution indeterminacies in monetary policy analysis
by Woodford, Michael
May 2003, Volume 50, Issue 4
- 723-743 Technology shocks and monetary policy: assessing the Fed's performance
by Gali, Jordi & Lopez-Salido, J. David & Valles, Javier
- 745-787 A no-arbitrage vector autoregression of term structure dynamics with macroeconomic and latent variables
by Ang, Andrew & Piazzesi, Monika
- 789-815 Maximum likelihood in the frequency domain: the importance of time-to-plan
by Christiano, Lawrence J. & Vigfusson, Robert J.
- 817-839 Does the federal reserve possess an exploitable informational advantage?
by Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S. & Tootell, Geoffrey M. B.
- 841-870 Foreign exchange intervention: how to signal policy objectives and stabilise the economy
by Vitale, Paolo
- 871-887 The optimal mix of taxes on money, consumption and income
by De Fiore, Fiorella & Teles, Pedro
- 889-913 Why don't macroeconomic quantities respond to exchange rate variability?
by Duarte, Margarida
- 915-944 Imperfect credibility and inflation persistence
by Erceg, Christopher J. & Levin, Andrew T.
April 2003, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 501-523 On the optimal monetary policy response to noisy indicators
by Aoki, Kosuke
- 525-546 Monetary policy in a data-rich environment
by Bernanke, Ben S. & Boivin, Jean
- 547-579 Should a monetary policymaker look at money?
by Dotsey, Michael & Hornstein, Andreas
- 581-604 Robust control of forward-looking models
by Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J.
- 605-631 Monetary policy evaluation with noisy information
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 633-663 The quest for prosperity without inflation
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 665-690 Implications of rational inattention
by Sims, Christopher A.
- 691-720 Indicator variables for optimal policy
by Svensson, Lars E. O. & Woodford, Michael
March 2003, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 311-330 Welfare costs of sticky wages when effort can respond
by Bils, Mark & Chang, Yongsung
- 331-360 Nonconvex factor adjustments in equilibrium business cycle models: do nonlinearities matter?
by Khan, Aubhik & Thomas, Julia K.
- 361-380 Innovation, imitation, and growth with cumulative technology
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko
- 381-387 Payment economics: studying the mechanics of exchange
by Lacker, Jeffrey M. & Weinberg, John A.
- 389-417 The value of inside and outside money
by Bullard, James & Smith, Bruce D.
- 419-432 Payment obligations, reserve requirements, and the demand for central bank balances
by Heller, Daniel & Lengwiler, Yvan
- 433-454 Incentives, communication, and payment instruments
by Simpson Prescott, Edward & Weinberg, John A.
- 455-474 Interbank payments relationships in the antebellum United States: evidence from Pennsylvania
by Weber, Warren E.
- 475-495 Payments systems and monetary policy
by Williamson, Stephen D.
January 2003, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 3-39 Tropics, germs, and crops: how endowments influence economic development
by Easterly, William & Levine, Ross
- 41-47 Comment on: Tropics, germs and crops: How endowments influence economic development
by Engerman, Stanley L.
- 49-123 Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth
by Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James & Thaicharoen, Yunyong
- 125-131 Comment on: "Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth"
by Fogli, Alessandra
- 133-162 Institutions, trade, and growth
by Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart
- 163-165 Comment on: Institutions, trade, and growth
by Pritchett, Lant
- 167-193 Social capital and growth
by Routledge, Bryan R. & von Amsberg, Joachim
- 195-198 Comment on: Social capital and growth
by Miguel, E.
- 199-222 The injustice of inequality
by Glaeser, Edward & Scheinkman, Jose & Shleifer, Andrei
- 223-224 Comment on: The injustice of inequality
by Fernandez, Raquel
- 225-282 People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes
by Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi
- 283-287 Comment on: People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes
by Keely, Louise
- 289-303 Blueprint for an international lender of last resort
by Lerrick, Adam & Meltzer, Allan H.
- 305-308 Comment on: Blueprint for an international lender of last resort
by Stockman, Alan C.
November 2002, Volume 49, Issue 8
- 1493-1519 Real and nominal effects of central bank monetary policy
by Kahn, Michael & Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded
- 1521-1538 The effect of inflation targeting on the behavior of expected inflation: evidence from an 11 country panel
by Johnson, David R.
- 1539-1566 Learning-by-doing and aggregate fluctuations
by Cooper, Russell & Johri, Alok
- 1567-1595 Welfare implications of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1999
by Athreya, Kartik B.
- 1597-1620 Reserve requirements and output fluctuations
by Bental, Benjamin & Eden, Benjamin
- 1621-1649 On the efficiency of monetary exchange: how divisibility of money matters
by Berentsen, Aleksander & Rocheteau, Guillaume
October 2002, Volume 49, Issue 7
- 1317-1336 Optimal state-dependent rules, credibility, and inflation inertia
by Almeida, Heitor & Bonomo, Marco
- 1337-1371 Moral hazard, optimal unemployment insurance, and experience rating
by Wang, Cheng & Williamson, Stephen D.
- 1373-1406 Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability? An empirical investigation
by Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica
- 1407-1438 An evolutionary model of debt
by Burke, Mary & Prasad, Kislaya
- 1439-1459 Time diversification, liquidity constraints, and decreasing aversion to risk on wealth
by Gollier, Christian
- 1461-1489 Housing taxation and capital accumulation
by Gervais, Martin
September 2002, Volume 49, Issue 6
- 1105-1129 Learning about monetary policy rules
by Bullard, James & Mitra, Kaushik
- 1131-1159 Monetary disturbances matter for business fluctuations in the G-7
by Canova, Fabio & Nicolo, Gianni De
- 1161-1187 Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia
by Rudebusch, Glenn D.
- 1189-1211 Common stochastic trends, common cycles, and asymmetry in economic fluctuations
by Kim, Chang-Jin & Piger, Jeremy
- 1213-1234 The welfare costs of worker displacement
by Rogerson, Richard & Schindler, Martin
- 1235-1260 Deposit insurance: a reconsideration
by Boyd, John H. & Chang, Chun & Smith, Bruce D.
- 1261-1288 Habit formation: a resolution of the equity premium puzzle?
by Otrok, Christopher & Ravikumar, B. & Whiteman, Charles H.
- 1289-1314 The business cycle effects of Christmas
by Wen, Yi
July 2002, Volume 49, Issue 5
- 879-904 A simple framework for international monetary policy analysis
by Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark
- 905-912 Comment on: A simple framework for international monetary policy analysis
by Nelson, Edward
- 913-940 Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect
by Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles
- 941-946 Comment on: Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect
by Duarte, Margarida & Stockman, Alan C.
- 947-981 Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy
by Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf
- 983-988 Comment on: Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy
by Henderson, Dale W.
- 989-1015 Monetary policy rules in the open economy: effects on welfare and business cycles
by Kollmann, Robert
- 1017-1023 Comment on: Monetary policy rules in the open economy: effects on welfare and business cycles
by Levin, Andrew T.