Journal of Monetary Economics
2003, Volume 50, Issue 3
2003, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 311-330 Welfare costs of sticky wages when effort can respond
by Bils, Mark & Chang, Yongsung
- 331-360 Nonconvex factor adjustments in equilibrium business cycle models: do nonlinearities matter?
by Khan, Aubhik & Thomas, Julia K.
- 361-380 Innovation, imitation, and growth with cumulative technology
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko
- 381-387 Payment economics: studying the mechanics of exchange
by Lacker, Jeffrey M. & Weinberg, John A.
- 389-417 The value of inside and outside money
by Bullard, James & Smith, Bruce D.
- 419-432 Payment obligations, reserve requirements, and the demand for central bank balances
by Heller, Daniel & Lengwiler, Yvan
- 433-454 Incentives, communication, and payment instruments
by Simpson Prescott, Edward & Weinberg, John A.
- 455-474 Interbank payments relationships in the antebellum United States: evidence from Pennsylvania
by Weber, Warren E.
- 475-495 Payments systems and monetary policy
by Williamson, Stephen D.
2003, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 3-39 Tropics, germs, and crops: how endowments influence economic development
by Easterly, William & Levine, Ross
- 41-47 Comment on: Tropics, germs and crops: How endowments influence economic development
by Engerman, Stanley L.
- 49-123 Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth
by Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James & Thaicharoen, Yunyong
- 125-131 Comment on: "Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth"
by Fogli, Alessandra
- 133-162 Institutions, trade, and growth
by Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart
- 163-165 Comment on: Institutions, trade, and growth
by Pritchett, Lant
- 167-193 Social capital and growth
by Routledge, Bryan R. & von Amsberg, Joachim
- 195-198 Comment on: Social capital and growth
by Miguel, E.
- 199-222 The injustice of inequality
by Glaeser, Edward & Scheinkman, Jose & Shleifer, Andrei
- 223-224 Comment on: The injustice of inequality
by Fernandez, Raquel
- 225-282 People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes
by Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi
- 283-287 Comment on: People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes
by Keely, Louise
- 289-303 Blueprint for an international lender of last resort
by Lerrick, Adam & Meltzer, Allan H.
- 305-308 Comment on: Blueprint for an international lender of last resort
by Stockman, Alan C.
2002, Volume 49, Issue 8
- 1493-1519 Real and nominal effects of central bank monetary policy
by Kahn, Michael & Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded
- 1521-1538 The effect of inflation targeting on the behavior of expected inflation: evidence from an 11 country panel
by Johnson, David R.
- 1539-1566 Learning-by-doing and aggregate fluctuations
by Cooper, Russell & Johri, Alok
- 1567-1595 Welfare implications of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1999
by Athreya, Kartik B.
- 1597-1620 Reserve requirements and output fluctuations
by Bental, Benjamin & Eden, Benjamin
- 1621-1649 On the efficiency of monetary exchange: how divisibility of money matters
by Berentsen, Aleksander & Rocheteau, Guillaume
2002, Volume 49, Issue 7
- 1317-1336 Optimal state-dependent rules, credibility, and inflation inertia
by Almeida, Heitor & Bonomo, Marco
- 1337-1371 Moral hazard, optimal unemployment insurance, and experience rating
by Wang, Cheng & Williamson, Stephen D.
- 1373-1406 Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability? An empirical investigation
by Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica
- 1407-1438 An evolutionary model of debt
by Burke, Mary & Prasad, Kislaya
- 1439-1459 Time diversification, liquidity constraints, and decreasing aversion to risk on wealth
by Gollier, Christian
- 1461-1489 Housing taxation and capital accumulation
by Gervais, Martin
2002, Volume 49, Issue 6
- 1105-1129 Learning about monetary policy rules
by Bullard, James & Mitra, Kaushik
- 1131-1159 Monetary disturbances matter for business fluctuations in the G-7
by Canova, Fabio & Nicolo, Gianni De
- 1161-1187 Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia
by Rudebusch, Glenn D.
- 1189-1211 Common stochastic trends, common cycles, and asymmetry in economic fluctuations
by Kim, Chang-Jin & Piger, Jeremy
- 1213-1234 The welfare costs of worker displacement
by Rogerson, Richard & Schindler, Martin
- 1235-1260 Deposit insurance: a reconsideration
by Boyd, John H. & Chang, Chun & Smith, Bruce D.
- 1261-1288 Habit formation: a resolution of the equity premium puzzle?
by Otrok, Christopher & Ravikumar, B. & Whiteman, Charles H.
- 1289-1314 The business cycle effects of Christmas
by Wen, Yi
2002, Volume 49, Issue 5
- 879-904 A simple framework for international monetary policy analysis
by Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark
- 905-912 Comment on: A simple framework for international monetary policy analysis
by Nelson, Edward
- 913-940 Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect
by Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles
- 941-946 Comment on: Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect
by Duarte, Margarida & Stockman, Alan C.
- 947-981 Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy
by Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf
- 983-988 Comment on: Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy
by Henderson, Dale W.
- 989-1015 Monetary policy rules in the open economy: effects on welfare and business cycles
by Kollmann, Robert
- 1017-1023 Comment on: Monetary policy rules in the open economy: effects on welfare and business cycles
by Levin, Andrew T.
- 1025-1051 Time-varying liquidity in foreign exchange
by Evans, Martin D. D. & Lyons, Richard K.
- 1053-1055 Comment on:: Time varying liquidity in foreign exchange
by Hodrick, Robert J.
- 1057-1097 Net foreign assets and the exchange rate: Redux revived
by Cavallo, Michele & Ghironi, Fabio
- 1099-1102 Comment on: Net foreign assets and the exchange rate: Redux revived
by Lane, Philip R.
2002, Volume 49, Issue 4
- 653-686 Shrinking money: the demand for money and the nonneutrality of money
by Cole, Harold L. & Ohanian, Lee E.
- 687-708 Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence
by Nelson, Edward
- 709-746 Has fiscal policy helped stabilize the postwar U.S. economy?
by Jones, John Bailey
- 747-760 Changes in risk and asset prices
by Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris
- 761-795 On inflation as a regressive consumption tax
by Erosa, Andres & Ventura, Gustavo
- 797-821 Sticky prices: the impact of regulation
by Dexter, Albert S. & Levi, Maurice D. & Nault, Barrie R.
- 823-852 On the dynamic effects of oil price shocks: a study using industry level data
by Lee, Kiseok & Ni, Shawn
- 853-875 Financial crisis and credit crunch in Korea: evidence from firm-level data
by Borensztein, Eduardo & Lee, Jong-Wha
2002, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 459-494 What if Alexander Hamilton had been Argentinean? A comparison of the early monetary experiences of Argentina and the United States
by Bordo, Michael D. & Vegh, Carlos A.
- 495-520 Aggregate employment, real business cycles, and superior information
by Boileau, Martin & Normandin, Michel
- 521-532 Velocity innovations, financial markets, and the real economy
by Padrini, Flavio
- 533-569 The price-consumption puzzle of currency pegs
by Uribe, Martin
- 571-599 Exchange rate systems and macroeconomic stability
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 601-627 Financial autarky and international business cycles
by Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio
- 629-649 Real exchange rates and real interest differentials: implications of nonlinear adjustment in real exchange rates
by Nakagawa, Hironobu
2002, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 235-235 Editorial data
by Meesters, O.
- 237-264 Central bank reform, liberalization and inflation in transition economies--an international perspective
by Cukierman, Alex & Miller, Geoffrey P. & Neyapti, Bilin
- 265-292 Prices and unit labor costs: a new test of price stickiness
by Sbordone, Argia M.
- 293-308 Intertemporal non-separability and "rule of thumb" consumption
by Weber, Christian E.
- 309-334 Idiosyncratic risk and the equity premium: evidence from the consumer expenditure survey
by Cogley, Timothy
- 335-364 The conventional treatment of seasonality in business cycle analysis: does it create distortions?
by Christiano, Lawrence J. & Todd, Richard M.
- 365-381 Dissecting the cycle: a methodological investigation
by Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian
- 383-404 Marginal income tax rates in the United States: a non-parametric approach
by Akhand, Hafiz & Liu, Haoming
- 405-433 Staggered price-setting, staggered wage-setting, and business cycle persistence
by Huang, Kevin X. D. & Liu, Zheng
- 435-453 Government transaction policy and Gresham's law
by Li, Yiting
- 455-455 Input and output inventories: errata
by Humphreys, Brad R. & Maccini, Louis J. & Schuh, Scott
2002, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 3-26 Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?
by William Schwert, G.
- 27-30 Comment on: : Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?
by Hollifield, Burton
- 31-66 Time-varying risk premia and the cost of capital: An alternative implication of the Q theory of investment
by Lettau, Martin & Ludvigson, Sydney
- 67-74 Comment on: Time-varying risk premia and the cost of capital: an alternative implication of the Q theory of investment
by Eberly, Janice C.
- 75-97 Monetary policy and asset prices
by Gilchrist, Simon & Leahy, John V.
- 99-106 Comment on: Monetary policy and asset prices
by Dupor, Bill
- 107-135 Time orientation and asset prices
by Krusell, Per & Kuruscu, Burhanettin & Smith, Anthony Jr.
- 137-138 Comment on: Time orientation and asset prices
by Dai, Qiang
- 139-209 Investor psychology in capital markets: evidence and policy implications
by Daniel, Kent & Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong
- 211-214 Comment on: Investor psychology in capital markets
by Wurgler, Jeffrey
- 215-228 Are behavioral asset-pricing models structural?
by Zin, Stanley E.
- 229-233 Comment on: Are behavioral asset-pricing models structural?
by Wachter, Jessica A.
2001, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 465-512 Sectoral job creation and destruction responses to oil price changes
by Davis, Steven J. & Haltiwanger, John
- 513-548 International and domestic collateral constraints in a model of emerging market crises
by Caballero, Ricardo J. & Krishnamurthy, Arvind
- 549-583 Aggregate metropolitan employment growth and the deconcentration of metropolitan employment
by Chatterjee, Satyajit & Carlino, Gerald A.
- 585-603 Measurement error in general equilibrium: the aggregate effects of noisy economic indicators
by Bomfim, Antulio N.
- 605-622 Generalized search-theoretic models of monetary exchange
by Rupert, Peter & Schindler, Martin & Wright, Randall
- 623-650 Credit constraints and international financial crises
by Paasche, Bernhard
2001, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 241-270 Peso problem explanations for term structure anomalies
by Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Marshall, David A.
- 271-292 High frequency real business cycles
by Aadland, David
- 293-308 The fiscal theory of the price level in an open economy
by Daniel, Betty C.
- 309-338 Fiscal shocks and fiscal risk management
by Lloyd-Ellis, Huw & Zhu, Xiaodong
- 339-372 International transmission of U.S. monetary policy shocks: Evidence from VAR's
by Kim, Soyoung
- 373-396 Aggregate precautionary savings: when is the third derivative irrelevant?
by Huggett, Mark & Ospina, Sandra
- 397-414 On the analytics of the dynamic Laffer curve
by Agell, Jonas & Persson, Mats
- 415-436 Bank net worth, asset prices and economic activity
by Chen, Nan-Kuang
- 437-462 Production chains and general equilibrium aggregate dynamics
by Huang, Kevin X. D. & Liu, Zheng
2001, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 25-54 Credit derivatives in banking: Useful tools for managing risk?
by Duffee, Gregory R. & Zhou, Chunsheng
- 55-80 Optimal monetary policy responses to relative-price changes
by Aoki, Kosuke
- 81-108 The effectiveness of government debt and transfers as insurance
by Floden, Martin
- 109-152 Equilibrium unemployment
by Gomes, Joao & Greenwood, Jeremy & Rebelo, Sergio
- 153-171 Learning, uncertainty and central bank activism in an economy with strategic interactions
by Ellison, Martin & Valla, Natacha
- 173-195 Does productivity growth fall after the adoption of new technology?
by Huggett, Mark & Ospina, Sandra
- 197-215 Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM
by Letendre, Marc-Andre & Smith, Gregor W.
- 217-237 An aggregate model of firm specific capital with and without commitment
by Kwok, Claudian
2001, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 449-475 Common cycles and the importance of transitory shocks to macroeconomic aggregates
by Issler, Joao Victor & Vahid, Farshid
- 477-498 Severance payments in an economy with frictions
by Alvarez, Fernando & Veracierto, Marcelo
- 499-521 Growth and risk-sharing with private information
by Khan, Aubhik & Ravikumar, B.
- 523-544 Monetary policy surprises and interest rates: Evidence from the Fed funds futures market
by Kuttner, Kenneth N.
- 545-579 Unemployment insurance and precautionary saving
by Engen, Eric M. & Gruber, Jonathan
- 581-594 Credibility of a new monetary regime: The currency board in Bulgaria
by Carlson, John A. & Valev, Neven T.
- 595-612 Issues on the measurement of the Solow residual and the testing of its exogeneity: Evidence for Canada
by Paquet, Alain & Robidoux, Benoit
- 613-652 Shifting endpoints in the term structure of interest rates
by Kozicki, Sharon & Tinsley, P. A.
- 653-674 New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks
by Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W.
2001, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 221-248 The impact of inflation on financial sector performance
by Boyd, John H. & Levine, Ross & Smith, Bruce D.
- 249-283 Stock price volatility and equity premium
by Brennan, Michael J. & Xia, Yihong
- 285-298 Timing and real indeterminacy in monetary models
by Carlstrom, Charles T. & Fuerst, Timothy S.
- 299-319 Real-time gross settlement and the costs of immediacy
by Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William
- 321-346 More international evidence on the historical properties of business cycles
by A'Hearn, Brian & Woitek, Ulrich
- 347-375 Input and output inventories
by Humphreys, Brad R. & Maccini, Louis J. & Schuh, Scott
- 377-415 Dirty money
by Camera, Gabriele
- 417-446 A gain from trade: From unproductive to productive entrepreneurship
by Holmes, Thomas J. & Jr., James A. Schmitz
2001, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 3-18 Sticky-price models of the business cycle: Specification and stability
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 19-30 Indeterminacy, bubbles, and the fiscal theory of price level determination
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 31-44 Another look at long-run money demand
by Ball, Laurence
- 45-59 On the optimality of activist policies with a less informed government
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 61-92 On measuring the welfare cost of business cycles
by Otrok, Christopher
- 93-121 Relative prices and investment rates
by Restuccia, Diego & Urrutia, Carlos
- 123-144 Commitment, coordination failures, and delayed reforms
by Chang, Roberto
- 145-161 Heterogeneous forecasts and aggregate dynamics
by Bomfim, Antulio N.
- 163-187 Government production of investment goods and aggregate labor productivity
by SchmitzJr, James A.
- 189-218 Conflict of interest in universal banking: Bank lending, stock underwriting, and fund management
by Ber, Hedva & Yafeh, Yishay & Yosha, Oved
2000, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 557-579 Homework in labor economics: Household production and intertemporal substitution
by Rupert, Peter & Rogerson, Richard & Wright, Randall
- 581-604 Long-run neutrality, high inflation, and bank insolvencies in Argentina and Brazil
by Bae, Sang-Kun & Ratti, Ronald A.
- 605-620 Realignment expectations and the US dollar, 1890-1897: Was there a 'Peso problem'?
by Paul Hallwood, C. & MacDonald, Ronald & Marsh, Ian W.
- 621-632 Sticky prices and volatile output
by Ellison, Martin & Scott, Andrew
2000, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 281-313 Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts
by Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T.
- 315-343 Why do monetary policies matter? An experimental study of saving and inflation in an overlapping generations model
by Bernasconi, Michele & Kirchkamp, Oliver
- 345-383 Results of a study of the stability of cointegrating relations comprised of broad monetary aggregates
by Carlson, John B. & Hoffman, Dennis L. & Keen, Benjamin D. & Rasche, Robert H.
- 385-396 Comovement, excess volatility, and home production
by Chang, Yongsung
- 397-416 Schooling and economic growth: A King-Rebelo experiment with human capital
by Rangazas, Peter
- 417-440 Monopolistic competition, increasing returns to scale, and the welfare costs of inflation
by Wu, Yangru & Zhang, Junxi
- 441-464 Seasonal cycles, business cycles, and monetary policy
by Liu, Zheng
- 465-488 Dynamic asset pricing effects and incidence of realization-based capital gains taxes
by Viard, Alan D.
- 489-516 Open mouth operations
by Guthrie, Graeme & Wright, Julian
- 517-533 A model of the bimetallic system
by Oppers, Stefan Erik
- 535-553 Interbank payments and the daily federal funds rate
by Furfine, Craig H.
2000, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 3-30 The comovement between output and prices
by den Haan, Wouter J.
- 31-77 Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes
by Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten
- 79-95 The uncertain trend in U.S. GDP
by Murray, Christian J. & Nelson, Charles R.
- 97-120 The evolution of cash transactions: Some implications for monetary policy
by Schreft, Stacey L. & Smith, Bruce D.
- 121-142 Mass layoffs and unemployment
by Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John
- 143-171 Wages, business cycles, and comparative advantage
by Chang, Yongsung
- 173-197 Informality and rent-seeking bureaucracies in a model of long-run growth
by Sarte, Pierre-Daniel G.
- 199-228 Monetary policy, parameter uncertainty and optimal learning
by Wieland, Volker
- 229-256 Does the fed act gradually? A VAR analysis
by Sack, Brian
- 257-277 Bank runs and currency run in a system without a safety net: Argentina and the 'tequila' shock
by Schumacher, Liliana
2000, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 477-505 Growth uncertainty and risksharing
by Athanasoulis, Stefano G. & van Wincoop, Eric
- 507-532 Risk-sensitive real business cycles
by TallariniJr., Thomas D.
- 533-560 Risk sharing by households within and across regions and industries
by Hess, Gregory D. & Shin, Kwanho
- 561-586 Exchange rate anomalies in the industrial countries: A solution with a structural VAR approach
by Kim, Soyoung & Roubini, Nouriel
- 587-611 The terms of trade, productivity growth and the current account
by Iscan, Talan B.
- 613-630 Exchange rates and the fiscal theory of the price level
by Dupor, Bill
- 631-655 Inflation uncertainty and growth in a cash-in-advance economy
by Dotsey, Michael & Sarte, Pierre Daniel
- 657-680 Staggered price setting, translog preferences, and endogenous persistence
by Bergin, Paul R. & Feenstra, Robert C.
- 681-716 Non-convex costs and capital utilization: A study of production scheduling at automobile assembly plants
by Hall, George J.
- 717-739 The long-run stability of the demand for money: Italy 1861-1996
by Muscatelli, V. Anton & Spinelli, Franco
2000, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 249-268 The aggregate effects of sectoral reallocations
by Phelan, Christopher & Trejos, Alberto
- 269-292 An equilibrium analysis of relative price changes and aggregate inflation
by Balke, Nathan S. & Wynne, Mark A.
- 293-328 The sustainability of bond-financed deficits: An overlapping generations approach
by Chalk, Nigel A.
- 329-359 Constructing and estimating a realistic optimizing model of monetary policy
by Kim, Jinill
- 361-397 Understanding why high income households save more than low income households
by Huggett, Mark & Ventura, Gustavo
- 399-436 Fixed versus flexible exchange rates: Which provides more fiscal discipline?
by Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres
- 437-461 Transitional dynamics in an R&D-based growth model with imitation: Comparing its predictions to the data
by Perez-Sebastian, Fidel
- 463-474 An economic rationale for public education: The value of commitment
by Gradstein, Mark
2000, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 3-35 Inflation and the great ratios: Long term evidence from the U.S
by Ahmed, Shaghil & Rogers, John H.
- 37-53 Fiscal solvency and price level determination in a monetary union
by Bergin, Paul R.
- 55-68 A model of the liquidity structure based on asset indivisibility
by Wallace, Neil
- 69-106 Sectoral shocks and aggregate fluctuations
by Horvath, Michael
- 107-128 Endogenous growth and stochastic trends
by Fatas, Antonio
- 129-153 (Fractional) beta convergence
by Michelacci, Claudio & Zaffaroni, Paolo
- 155-184 A search-theoretic model of legal and illegal currency
by Soller Curtis, Elisabeth & Waller, Christopher J.
- 185-210 Fiscal policy, elastic labor supply, and endogenous growth
by Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 211-246 Price level determinacy and monetary policy under a balanced-budget requirement
by Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie & Uribe, Martin
1999, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 339-377 The effects of irreversibility and uncertainty on capital accumulation
by Abel, Andrew B. & Eberly, Janice C.
- 379-400 Inflation and financial sector size
by English, William B.
- 401-421 On high inflation and the allocation of resources
by Tommasi, Mariano