Journal of Monetary Economics
2004, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 609-633 Consumption and risk sharing over the life cycle
by Storesletten, Kjetil & Telmer, Christopher I. & Yaron, Amir
- 635-652 The impact of monetary policy on the exchange rate: evidence from three small open economies
by Zettelmeyer, Jeromin
- 653-670 Ambiguity aversion and the absence of wage indexation
by Mukerji, Sujoy & Tallon, Jean-Marc
2004, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 241-256 Social norms and money
by Araujo, Luis
- 257-276 International business cycles: What are the facts?
by Ambler, Steve & Cardia, Emanuela & Zimmermann, Christian
- 277-298 Unemployment and the business cycle
by Alexopoulos, Michelle
- 299-304 On the irrelevance of government debt when taxes are distortionary
by Bassetto, Marco & Kocherlakota, Narayana
- 305-325 Implications of habit formation for optimal monetary policy
by Amato, Jeffery D. & Laubach, Thomas
- 327-338 Learning and the central bank
by Carlstrom, Charles T. & Fuerst, Timothy S.
- 339-373 Self-enforcing employment contracts and business cycle fluctuations
by Sigouin, Christian
- 375-399 Market discipline and deposit insurance
by Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry
- 401-424 Optimal pricing of intraday liquidity
by Martin, Antoine
- 425-450 Patterns of plant adjustment
by Sakellaris, Plutarchos
2004, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-32 Importing technology
by Caselli, Francesco & Wilson, Daniel J.
- 33-38 Comment on: "Importing technology"
by Kortum, Samuel
- 39-83 Cross-country technology adoption: making the theories face the facts
by Comin, D. & Hobijn, B.
- 85-87 Comment on: "Cross-country technology adoption: making the theories face the facts"
by Coleman, Wilbur II
- 89-121 Strategic innovation and technology adoption in an evolving industry
by Filson, Darren & Gretz, Richard T.
- 123-126 Comment on: "Strategic innovation and technology adoption in an evolving industry"
by Mitchell, Matthew F.
- 127-160 Rent-seeking and innovation
by Boldrin, Michele & Levine, David K.
- 161-190 US-Europe differences in technology-driven growth: quantifying the role of education
by Krueger, Dirk & Kumar, Krishna B.
- 191-233 Aggregate returns to scale and embodied technical change: theory and measurement using stock market data
by Laitner, John & Stolyarov, Dmitriy
- 235-240 Comment on "Aggregate returns to scale and embodied technical change: theory and measurement using stock market data"
by Rousseau, Peter L.
2003, Volume 50, Issue 8
- 1623-1648 Endogenous money or sticky prices?
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 1649-1672 Money and inflation in the euro area: A case for monetary indicators?
by Gerlach, Stefan & Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 1673-1700 Modest policy interventions
by Leeper, Eric M. & Zha, Tao
- 1701-1718 Inside-outside money competition
by Marimon, Ramon & Nicolini, Juan Pablo & Teles, Pedro
- 1719-1750 Redistribution through education and other transfer mechanisms
by Hanushek, Eric A. & Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Yilmaz, Kuzey
- 1751-1768 Labor-supply shifts and economic fluctuations
by Chang, Yongsung & Schorfheide, Frank
- 1769-1793 Commodity money inflation: theory and evidence from France in 1350-1436
by Sussman, Nathan & Zeira, Joseph
- 1795-1818 Credit market frictions and the allocation of resources over the business cycle
by Barlevy, Gadi
2003, Volume 50, Issue 7
- 1403-1424 Monetary policy's role in exchange rate behavior
by Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H.
- 1425-1456 Optimal monetary policy in an economy with inflation persistence
by Steinsson, Jon
- 1457-1498 Time-varying risk aversion and unexpected inflation
by Brandt, Michael W. & Wang, Kevin Q.
- 1499-1530 International evidence on output fluctuation and shock persistence
by Levy, Daniel & Dezhbakhsh, Hashem
- 1531-1553 International monetary trade and the law of one price
by Camera, Gabriele & Winkler, Johannes
- 1555-1591 A fundamental theory of exchange rates and direct currency trades
by Head, Allen & Shi, Shouyong
- 1593-1602 Are small stock markets different?
by Minier, Jenny A.
- 1603-1622 The predictive power of the yield curve: a theoretical assessment
by Rendu de Lint, Christel & Stolin, David
2003, Volume 50, Issue 6
- 1189-1214 Distribution costs and real exchange rate dynamics during exchange-rate-based stabilizations
by Burstein, Ariel T. & Neves, Joao C. & Rebelo, Sergio
- 1215-1241 Liquidity flows and fragility of business enterprises
by den Haan, Wouter J. & Ramey, Garey & Watson, Joel
- 1243-1255 Do financial variables help forecasting inflation and real activity in the euro area?
by Forni, Mario & Hallin, Marc & Lippi, Marco & Reichlin, Lucrezia
- 1257-1291 Precautionary savings and wealth distribution under habit formation preferences
by Diaz, Antonia & Pijoan-Mas, Josep & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 1293-1309 Maintaining price stability: how long is the medium term?
by Smets, Frank
- 1311-1331 Should fiscal policy be different in a non-competitive framework?
by Gorostiaga, Arantza
- 1333-1350 A model of the Federal Reserve Act under the international gold standard system
by Fujiki, Hiroshi
- 1351-1373 Existence and uniqueness of equilibrium in nonoptimal unbounded infinite horizon economies
by Morand, Olivier F. & Reffett, Kevin L.
- 1375-1390 Does the Barro-Gordon model explain the behavior of US inflation? A reexamination of the empirical evidence
by Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J.
- 1391-1401 Modeling small change: a review article
by Wallace, Neil
2003, Volume 50, Issue 5
- 945-975 Robust monetary policy with competing reference models
by Levin, Andrew T. & Williams, John C.
- 977-982 Comment on: Robust monetary policy with competing reference models
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 983-1022 Historical monetary policy analysis and the Taylor rule
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 1023-1027 Comment on: Historical monetary policy analysis and the Taylor rule
by Schwartz, Anna J.
- 1029-1059 The future of monetary aggregates in monetary policy analysis
by Nelson, Edward
- 1061-1070 Comment on: The future of monetary aggregates in monetary policy analysis
by Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 1071-1101 The zero-interest-rate bound and the role of the exchange rate for monetary policy in Japan
by Coenen, Gunter & Wieland, Volker
- 1103-1108 Comment on: The zero-interest-rate bound and the role of the exchange rate for monetary policy in Japan
by Walsh, Carl E.
- 1109-1146 Monetary rules for small, open, emerging economies
by Laxton, Douglas & Pesenti, Paolo
- 1147-1152 Comment on: Monetary rules for small, open, emerging economies
by Erceg, Christopher J.
- 1153-1175 Multiple-solution indeterminacies in monetary policy analysis
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 1177-1188 Comment on: Multiple-solution indeterminacies in monetary policy analysis
by Woodford, Michael
2003, Volume 50, Issue 4
- 723-743 Technology shocks and monetary policy: assessing the Fed's performance
by Gali, Jordi & Lopez-Salido, J. David & Valles, Javier
- 745-787 A no-arbitrage vector autoregression of term structure dynamics with macroeconomic and latent variables
by Ang, Andrew & Piazzesi, Monika
- 789-815 Maximum likelihood in the frequency domain: the importance of time-to-plan
by Christiano, Lawrence J. & Vigfusson, Robert J.
- 817-839 Does the federal reserve possess an exploitable informational advantage?
by Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S. & Tootell, Geoffrey M. B.
- 841-870 Foreign exchange intervention: how to signal policy objectives and stabilise the economy
by Vitale, Paolo
- 871-887 The optimal mix of taxes on money, consumption and income
by De Fiore, Fiorella & Teles, Pedro
- 889-913 Why don't macroeconomic quantities respond to exchange rate variability?
by Duarte, Margarida
- 915-944 Imperfect credibility and inflation persistence
by Erceg, Christopher J. & Levin, Andrew T.
2003, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 501-523 On the optimal monetary policy response to noisy indicators
by Aoki, Kosuke
- 525-546 Monetary policy in a data-rich environment
by Bernanke, Ben S. & Boivin, Jean
- 547-579 Should a monetary policymaker look at money?
by Dotsey, Michael & Hornstein, Andreas
- 581-604 Robust control of forward-looking models
by Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J.
- 605-631 Monetary policy evaluation with noisy information
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 633-663 The quest for prosperity without inflation
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 665-690 Implications of rational inattention
by Sims, Christopher A.
- 691-720 Indicator variables for optimal policy
by Svensson, Lars E. O. & Woodford, Michael
2003, Volume 50, Issue 2
- 311-330 Welfare costs of sticky wages when effort can respond
by Bils, Mark & Chang, Yongsung
- 331-360 Nonconvex factor adjustments in equilibrium business cycle models: do nonlinearities matter?
by Khan, Aubhik & Thomas, Julia K.
- 361-380 Innovation, imitation, and growth with cumulative technology
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko
- 381-387 Payment economics: studying the mechanics of exchange
by Lacker, Jeffrey M. & Weinberg, John A.
- 389-417 The value of inside and outside money
by Bullard, James & Smith, Bruce D.
- 419-432 Payment obligations, reserve requirements, and the demand for central bank balances
by Heller, Daniel & Lengwiler, Yvan
- 433-454 Incentives, communication, and payment instruments
by Simpson Prescott, Edward & Weinberg, John A.
- 455-474 Interbank payments relationships in the antebellum United States: evidence from Pennsylvania
by Weber, Warren E.
- 475-495 Payments systems and monetary policy
by Williamson, Stephen D.
2003, Volume 50, Issue 1
- 3-39 Tropics, germs, and crops: how endowments influence economic development
by Easterly, William & Levine, Ross
- 41-47 Comment on: Tropics, germs and crops: How endowments influence economic development
by Engerman, Stanley L.
- 49-123 Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth
by Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James & Thaicharoen, Yunyong
- 125-131 Comment on: "Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth"
by Fogli, Alessandra
- 133-162 Institutions, trade, and growth
by Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart
- 163-165 Comment on: Institutions, trade, and growth
by Pritchett, Lant
- 167-193 Social capital and growth
by Routledge, Bryan R. & von Amsberg, Joachim
- 195-198 Comment on: Social capital and growth
by Miguel, E.
- 199-222 The injustice of inequality
by Glaeser, Edward & Scheinkman, Jose & Shleifer, Andrei
- 223-224 Comment on: The injustice of inequality
by Fernandez, Raquel
- 225-282 People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes
by Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi
- 283-287 Comment on: People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes
by Keely, Louise
- 289-303 Blueprint for an international lender of last resort
by Lerrick, Adam & Meltzer, Allan H.
- 305-308 Comment on: Blueprint for an international lender of last resort
by Stockman, Alan C.
2002, Volume 49, Issue 8
- 1493-1519 Real and nominal effects of central bank monetary policy
by Kahn, Michael & Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded
- 1521-1538 The effect of inflation targeting on the behavior of expected inflation: evidence from an 11 country panel
by Johnson, David R.
- 1539-1566 Learning-by-doing and aggregate fluctuations
by Cooper, Russell & Johri, Alok
- 1567-1595 Welfare implications of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1999
by Athreya, Kartik B.
- 1597-1620 Reserve requirements and output fluctuations
by Bental, Benjamin & Eden, Benjamin
- 1621-1649 On the efficiency of monetary exchange: how divisibility of money matters
by Berentsen, Aleksander & Rocheteau, Guillaume
2002, Volume 49, Issue 7
- 1317-1336 Optimal state-dependent rules, credibility, and inflation inertia
by Almeida, Heitor & Bonomo, Marco
- 1337-1371 Moral hazard, optimal unemployment insurance, and experience rating
by Wang, Cheng & Williamson, Stephen D.
- 1373-1406 Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability? An empirical investigation
by Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica
- 1407-1438 An evolutionary model of debt
by Burke, Mary & Prasad, Kislaya
- 1439-1459 Time diversification, liquidity constraints, and decreasing aversion to risk on wealth
by Gollier, Christian
- 1461-1489 Housing taxation and capital accumulation
by Gervais, Martin
2002, Volume 49, Issue 6
- 1105-1129 Learning about monetary policy rules
by Bullard, James & Mitra, Kaushik
- 1131-1159 Monetary disturbances matter for business fluctuations in the G-7
by Canova, Fabio & Nicolo, Gianni De
- 1161-1187 Term structure evidence on interest rate smoothing and monetary policy inertia
by Rudebusch, Glenn D.
- 1189-1211 Common stochastic trends, common cycles, and asymmetry in economic fluctuations
by Kim, Chang-Jin & Piger, Jeremy
- 1213-1234 The welfare costs of worker displacement
by Rogerson, Richard & Schindler, Martin
- 1235-1260 Deposit insurance: a reconsideration
by Boyd, John H. & Chang, Chun & Smith, Bruce D.
- 1261-1288 Habit formation: a resolution of the equity premium puzzle?
by Otrok, Christopher & Ravikumar, B. & Whiteman, Charles H.
- 1289-1314 The business cycle effects of Christmas
by Wen, Yi
2002, Volume 49, Issue 5
- 879-904 A simple framework for international monetary policy analysis
by Clarida, Richard & Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark
- 905-912 Comment on: A simple framework for international monetary policy analysis
by Nelson, Edward
- 913-940 Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect
by Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles
- 941-946 Comment on: Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect
by Duarte, Margarida & Stockman, Alan C.
- 947-981 Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy
by Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf
- 983-988 Comment on: Openness, imperfect exchange rate pass-through and monetary policy
by Henderson, Dale W.
- 989-1015 Monetary policy rules in the open economy: effects on welfare and business cycles
by Kollmann, Robert
- 1017-1023 Comment on: Monetary policy rules in the open economy: effects on welfare and business cycles
by Levin, Andrew T.
- 1025-1051 Time-varying liquidity in foreign exchange
by Evans, Martin D. D. & Lyons, Richard K.
- 1053-1055 Comment on:: Time varying liquidity in foreign exchange
by Hodrick, Robert J.
- 1057-1097 Net foreign assets and the exchange rate: Redux revived
by Cavallo, Michele & Ghironi, Fabio
- 1099-1102 Comment on: Net foreign assets and the exchange rate: Redux revived
by Lane, Philip R.
2002, Volume 49, Issue 4
- 653-686 Shrinking money: the demand for money and the nonneutrality of money
by Cole, Harold L. & Ohanian, Lee E.
- 687-708 Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence
by Nelson, Edward
- 709-746 Has fiscal policy helped stabilize the postwar U.S. economy?
by Jones, John Bailey
- 747-760 Changes in risk and asset prices
by Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris
- 761-795 On inflation as a regressive consumption tax
by Erosa, Andres & Ventura, Gustavo
- 797-821 Sticky prices: the impact of regulation
by Dexter, Albert S. & Levi, Maurice D. & Nault, Barrie R.
- 823-852 On the dynamic effects of oil price shocks: a study using industry level data
by Lee, Kiseok & Ni, Shawn
- 853-875 Financial crisis and credit crunch in Korea: evidence from firm-level data
by Borensztein, Eduardo & Lee, Jong-Wha
2002, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 459-494 What if Alexander Hamilton had been Argentinean? A comparison of the early monetary experiences of Argentina and the United States
by Bordo, Michael D. & Vegh, Carlos A.
- 495-520 Aggregate employment, real business cycles, and superior information
by Boileau, Martin & Normandin, Michel
- 521-532 Velocity innovations, financial markets, and the real economy
by Padrini, Flavio
- 533-569 The price-consumption puzzle of currency pegs
by Uribe, Martin
- 571-599 Exchange rate systems and macroeconomic stability
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 601-627 Financial autarky and international business cycles
by Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio
- 629-649 Real exchange rates and real interest differentials: implications of nonlinear adjustment in real exchange rates
by Nakagawa, Hironobu
2002, Volume 49, Issue 2
- 235-235 Editorial data
by Meesters, O.
- 237-264 Central bank reform, liberalization and inflation in transition economies--an international perspective
by Cukierman, Alex & Miller, Geoffrey P. & Neyapti, Bilin
- 265-292 Prices and unit labor costs: a new test of price stickiness
by Sbordone, Argia M.
- 293-308 Intertemporal non-separability and "rule of thumb" consumption
by Weber, Christian E.
- 309-334 Idiosyncratic risk and the equity premium: evidence from the consumer expenditure survey
by Cogley, Timothy
- 335-364 The conventional treatment of seasonality in business cycle analysis: does it create distortions?
by Christiano, Lawrence J. & Todd, Richard M.
- 365-381 Dissecting the cycle: a methodological investigation
by Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian
- 383-404 Marginal income tax rates in the United States: a non-parametric approach
by Akhand, Hafiz & Liu, Haoming
- 405-433 Staggered price-setting, staggered wage-setting, and business cycle persistence
by Huang, Kevin X. D. & Liu, Zheng
- 435-453 Government transaction policy and Gresham's law
by Li, Yiting
- 455-455 Input and output inventories: errata
by Humphreys, Brad R. & Maccini, Louis J. & Schuh, Scott
2002, Volume 49, Issue 1
- 3-26 Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?
by William Schwert, G.
- 27-30 Comment on: : Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?
by Hollifield, Burton
- 31-66 Time-varying risk premia and the cost of capital: An alternative implication of the Q theory of investment
by Lettau, Martin & Ludvigson, Sydney
- 67-74 Comment on: Time-varying risk premia and the cost of capital: an alternative implication of the Q theory of investment
by Eberly, Janice C.
- 75-97 Monetary policy and asset prices
by Gilchrist, Simon & Leahy, John V.
- 99-106 Comment on: Monetary policy and asset prices
by Dupor, Bill
- 107-135 Time orientation and asset prices
by Krusell, Per & Kuruscu, Burhanettin & Smith, Anthony Jr.
- 137-138 Comment on: Time orientation and asset prices
by Dai, Qiang
- 139-209 Investor psychology in capital markets: evidence and policy implications
by Daniel, Kent & Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong
- 211-214 Comment on: Investor psychology in capital markets
by Wurgler, Jeffrey
- 215-228 Are behavioral asset-pricing models structural?
by Zin, Stanley E.
- 229-233 Comment on: Are behavioral asset-pricing models structural?
by Wachter, Jessica A.
2001, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 465-512 Sectoral job creation and destruction responses to oil price changes
by Davis, Steven J. & Haltiwanger, John
- 513-548 International and domestic collateral constraints in a model of emerging market crises
by Caballero, Ricardo J. & Krishnamurthy, Arvind
- 549-583 Aggregate metropolitan employment growth and the deconcentration of metropolitan employment
by Chatterjee, Satyajit & Carlino, Gerald A.
- 585-603 Measurement error in general equilibrium: the aggregate effects of noisy economic indicators
by Bomfim, Antulio N.
- 605-622 Generalized search-theoretic models of monetary exchange
by Rupert, Peter & Schindler, Martin & Wright, Randall
- 623-650 Credit constraints and international financial crises
by Paasche, Bernhard
2001, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 241-270 Peso problem explanations for term structure anomalies
by Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Marshall, David A.
- 271-292 High frequency real business cycles
by Aadland, David
- 293-308 The fiscal theory of the price level in an open economy
by Daniel, Betty C.
- 309-338 Fiscal shocks and fiscal risk management
by Lloyd-Ellis, Huw & Zhu, Xiaodong
- 339-372 International transmission of U.S. monetary policy shocks: Evidence from VAR's
by Kim, Soyoung
- 373-396 Aggregate precautionary savings: when is the third derivative irrelevant?
by Huggett, Mark & Ospina, Sandra
- 397-414 On the analytics of the dynamic Laffer curve
by Agell, Jonas & Persson, Mats
- 415-436 Bank net worth, asset prices and economic activity
by Chen, Nan-Kuang
- 437-462 Production chains and general equilibrium aggregate dynamics
by Huang, Kevin X. D. & Liu, Zheng
2001, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 25-54 Credit derivatives in banking: Useful tools for managing risk?
by Duffee, Gregory R. & Zhou, Chunsheng
- 55-80 Optimal monetary policy responses to relative-price changes
by Aoki, Kosuke
- 81-108 The effectiveness of government debt and transfers as insurance
by Floden, Martin
- 109-152 Equilibrium unemployment
by Gomes, Joao & Greenwood, Jeremy & Rebelo, Sergio
- 153-171 Learning, uncertainty and central bank activism in an economy with strategic interactions
by Ellison, Martin & Valla, Natacha
- 173-195 Does productivity growth fall after the adoption of new technology?
by Huggett, Mark & Ospina, Sandra
- 197-215 Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM
by Letendre, Marc-Andre & Smith, Gregor W.
- 217-237 An aggregate model of firm specific capital with and without commitment
by Kwok, Claudian
2001, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 449-475 Common cycles and the importance of transitory shocks to macroeconomic aggregates
by Issler, Joao Victor & Vahid, Farshid
- 477-498 Severance payments in an economy with frictions
by Alvarez, Fernando & Veracierto, Marcelo
- 499-521 Growth and risk-sharing with private information
by Khan, Aubhik & Ravikumar, B.
- 523-544 Monetary policy surprises and interest rates: Evidence from the Fed funds futures market
by Kuttner, Kenneth N.
- 545-579 Unemployment insurance and precautionary saving
by Engen, Eric M. & Gruber, Jonathan
- 581-594 Credibility of a new monetary regime: The currency board in Bulgaria
by Carlson, John A. & Valev, Neven T.
- 595-612 Issues on the measurement of the Solow residual and the testing of its exogeneity: Evidence for Canada
by Paquet, Alain & Robidoux, Benoit