Journal of Monetary Economics
2008, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 62-64 Comment on: "Taxes and the global allocation of capital" by Backus, Henriksen and Storesletten
by Rupert, Peter
- 65-90 Altruism, incomplete markets, and tax reform
by Fuster, Luisa & Imrohoroglu, Ayse & Imrohoroglu, Selahattin
- 91-97 Comment on: "Altruism, incomplete markets, and tax reform" by Fuster, Imrohoroglu and Imrohoroglu
by Ábrahám, Árpád
- 98-125 Taxes, benefits, and careers: Complete versus incomplete markets
by Ljungqvist, Lars & Sargent, Thomas J.
- 126-128 Comment on: "Taxes, benefits, careers, and markets" by Lars Ljungqvist and Thomas J. Sargent
by Rios-Rull, José-Victor
- 129-151 Politically credible social insurance
by Sleet, Christopher & Yeltekin, Sevin
- 152-158 Comment on: "Politically sustainable social insurance" by C. Sleet and S. Yeltekin
by Azzimonti, Marina
- 159-189 Markets versus governments
by Acemoglu, Daron & Golosov, Mikhail & Tsyvinski, Aleh
- 190-195 Comment on: "Markets versus Governments" by Acemoglu, Golosov and Tsyvinski
by Albanesi, Stefania
2007, Volume 54, Issue Supplement 1
- 1-22 Investment spikes: New facts and a general equilibrium exploration
by Gourio, Francois & Kashyap, Anil K
- 23-36 Lumpy investment, sticky prices, and the monetary transmission mechanism
by Sveen, Tommy & Weinke, Lutz
- 37-55 Aggregate shocks or aggregate information? Costly information and business cycle comovement
by Veldkamp, Laura & Wolfers, Justin
- 56-78 Search frictions: Matching aggregate and establishment observations
by Cooper, Russell & Haltiwanger, John & Willis, Jonathan L.
- 79-99 Sticky information and sticky prices
by Klenow, Peter J. & Willis, Jonathan L.
- 100-121 Price stickiness in Ss models: New interpretations of old results
by Caballero, Ricardo J. & Engel, Eduardo M.R.A.
2007, Volume 54, Issue 8
- 2139-2179 Understanding European unemployment with matching and search-island models
by Ljungqvist, Lars & Sargent, Thomas J.
- 2180-2204 Understanding European unemployment with a representative family model
by Ljungqvist, Lars & Sargent, Thomas J.
- 2205-2230 Risk and wealth in a model of self-fulfilling currency attacks
by Guimaraes, Bernardo & Morris, Stephen
- 2231-2250 International price dispersion in state-dependent pricing models
by Midrigan, Virgiliu
- 2251-2268 Intergenerational risksharing and equilibrium asset prices
by Campbell, John Y. & Nosbusch, Yves
- 2269-2290 A generalized volatility bound for dynamic economies
by Otrok, Christopher & Ravikumar, B. & Whiteman, Charles H.
- 2291-2304 The U.S. Treasury yield curve: 1961 to the present
by Gurkaynak, Refet S. & Sack, Brian & Wright, Jonathan H.
- 2305-2320 A leisurely reading of the life-cycle consumption data
by Bullard, James & Feigenbaum, James
- 2321-2345 The Phillips curve under state-dependent pricing
by Bakhshi, Hasan & Khan, Hashmat & Rudolf, Barbara
- 2346-2374 Expenditure switching versus real exchange rate stabilization: Competing objectives for exchange rate policy
by Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles
- 2375-2398 Transfer problem dynamics: Macroeconomics of the Franco-Prussian war indemnity
by Devereux, Michael B. & Smith, Gregor W.
- 2399-2408 On the need for fiscal constraints in a monetary union
by Chari, V.V. & Kehoe, Patrick J.
- 2409-2420 Financial crises and political crises
by Chang, Roberto
- 2421-2438 Learning and shifts in long-run productivity growth
by Edge, Rochelle M. & Laubach, Thomas & Williams, John C.
- 2439-2466 Identifying the influences of nominal and real rigidities in aggregate price-setting behavior
by Coenen, Gunter & Levin, Andrew T. & Christoffel, Kai
- 2467-2485 Trend breaks, long-run restrictions, and contractionary technology improvements
by Fernald, John G.
- 2486-2511 Optimal learning and new technology bubbles
by Johnson, Timothy C.
- 2512-2520 External shocks, U.S. monetary policy and macroeconomic fluctuations in emerging markets
by Mackowiak, Bartosz
- 2521-2533 Does inflation targeting really make a difference? Evaluating the treatment effect of inflation targeting in seven industrial countries
by Lin, Shu & Ye, Haichun
- 2534-2553 Technology shocks and labor market dynamics: Some evidence and theory
by Liu, Zheng & Phaneuf, Louis
- 2554-2567 Taxation and the Taylor principle
by Edge, Rochelle M. & Rudd, Jeremy B.
- 2568-2583 Optimal monetary policy under low trend inflation
by Ascari, Guido & Ropele, Tiziano
- 2584-2594 Bank capital, firm liquidity, and project quality
by Minetti, Raoul
- 2595-2620 The price and quantity of residential land in the United States
by Davis, Morris A. & Heathcote, Jonathan
- 2621-2635 Incomplete markets, labor supply and capital accumulation
by Marcet, Albert & Obiols-Homs, Francesc & Weil, Philippe
- 2636-2655 Bargaining and the value of money
by Boragan Aruoba, S. & Rocheteau, Guillaume & Waller, Christopher
- 2656-2681 New or used? Investment with credit constraints
by Eisfeldt, Andrea L. & Rampini, Adriano A.
2007, Volume 54, Issue 7
- 1837-1847 Are stationarity and cointegration restrictions really necessary for the intertemporal budget constraint?
by Bohn, Henning
- 1848-1862 Growth and volatility
by Imbs, Jean
- 1863-1881 Euler equations and money market interest rates: A challenge for monetary policy models
by Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Cumby, Robert E. & Diba, Behzad T.
- 1882-1904 An equilibrium model of wealth distribution
by Wang, Neng
- 1905-1928 Anonymous markets and monetary trading
by D. Aliprantis, C. & Camera, G. & Puzzello, D.
- 1929-1948 Aggregate uncertainty, money and banking
by Sun, Hongfei
- 1949-1961 Inflation and productive activity in a multiple-matching model of money
by Laing, Derek & Li, Victor E. & Wang, Ping
- 1962-1985 99 Luftballons: Monetary policy and the house price boom across U.S. states
by Del Negro, Marco & Otrok, Christopher
- 1986-2003 Economic determinants of the nominal treasury yield curve
by Evans, Charles L. & Marshall, David A.
- 2004-2031 Inflation dynamics: A cross-country investigation
by Wang, Pengfei & Wen, Yi
- 2032-2047 Estimating the frequency of price re-optimization in Calvo-style models
by Eichenbaum, Martin & Fisher, Jonas D.M.
- 2048-2064 Vector autoregressions and reduced form representations of DSGE models
by Ravenna, Federico
- 2065-2082 Expectations, learning and macroeconomic persistence
by Milani, Fabio
- 2083-2101 Monetary policy under model and data-parameter uncertainty
by Cateau, Gino
- 2102-2130 Financing constraints, irreversibility, and investment dynamics
by Caggese, Andrea
- 2131-2138 Consumption-leisure nonseparabilities in asset market participants' preferences
by Jacobs, Kris
2007, Volume 54, Issue 6
- 1515-1528 Firm balance sheets and monetary policy transmission
by Ashcraft, Adam B. & Campello, Murillo
- 1529-1544 On the aggregate welfare cost of Great Depression unemployment
by Chatterjee, Satyajit & Corbae, Dean
- 1545-1564 Why does capital structure choice vary with macroeconomic conditions?
by Levy, Amnon & Hennessy, Christopher
- 1565-1571 Managing the maturity structure of government debt
by Shin, Yongseok
- 1572-1586 Smoothing with liquid and illiquid assets
by Eisfeldt, Andrea L.
- 1587-1611 Monetary policy, taxes, and the business cycle
by Gavin, William T. & Kydland, Finn E. & Pakko, Michael R.
- 1612-1630 On optimal unemployment compensation
by Pavoni, Nicola
- 1631-1643 The expectations theory works for monetary policy shocks
by Roush, Jennifer E.
- 1644-1669 Time-to-build, time-to-plan, habit-persistence, and the liquidity effect
by Edge, Rochelle M.
- 1670-1701 Tracking the new economy: Using growth theory to detect changes in trend productivity
by Kahn, James A. & Rich, Robert W.
- 1702-1725 Optimal simple and implementable monetary and fiscal rules
by Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie & Uribe, Martin
- 1726-1768 General equilibrium analysis of the Eaton-Kortum model of international trade
by Alvarez, Fernando & Lucas, Robert Jr.
- 1769-1808 Interest rate derivatives at commercial banks: An empirical investigation
by Purnanandam, Amiyatosh
- 1809-1836 Optimal inflation persistence: Ramsey taxation with capital and habits
by Chugh, Sanjay K.
2007, Volume 54, Issue 5
- 1311-1339 Inflation persistence: Alternative interpretations and policy implications
by Sbordone, Argia M.
- 1340-1343 Comment on Argia M. Sbordone "Inflation persistence: Alternative interpretations and policy implications"
by West, Kenneth D.
- 1344-1365 Reconsidering the natural rate hypothesis in a New Keynesian framework
by Levin, Andrew & Yun, Tack
- 1366-1371 Comment on: "Reconsidering the natural rate hypothesis in a new Keynesian framework," by Andrew Levin and Tack Yun
by Wolman, Alexander L.
- 1372-1396 Simple versus optimal rules as guides to policy
by Brock, William A. & Durlauf, Steven N. & Nason, James M. & Rondina, Giacomo
- 1397-1405 On the robustness of simple and optimal monetary policy rules
by Tetlow, Robert J.
- 1406-1435 Robust monetary policy with imperfect knowledge
by Orphanides, Athanasios & Williams, John C.
- 1436-1440 Comments on Orphanides and Williams' "Robust monetary policy"
by Bullard, James
- 1441-1471 Maintaining low inflation: Money, interest rates, and policy stance
by Reynard, Samuel
- 1472-1479 Comment on: Samuel Reynard, "Maintaining low inflation: Money, interest rates, and policy stance"
by Nelson, Edward
- 1480-1507 Banking and interest rates in monetary policy analysis: A quantitative exploration
by Goodfriend, Marvin & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 1508-1514 Comment on: Banking and interest rates in monetary policy analysis: A quantitative exploration
by Gilchrist, Simon
2007, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 955-978 Transferability, finality, and debt settlement
by Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William
- 979-993 Money with partially directed search
by Goldberg, Dror
- 994-1001 A model of (the threat of) counterfeiting
by Nosal, Ed & Wallace, Neil
- 1002-1017 Why do financial systems differ? History matters
by Monnet, Cyril & Quintin, Erwan
- 1018-1034 Finance and international business cycles
by Faia, Ester
- 1035-1050 Do self-control preferences help explain the puzzling behavior of asset prices?
by DeJong, David N. & Ripoll, Marla
- 1051-1068 The high-frequency response of exchange rates and interest rates to macroeconomic announcements
by Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H. & Wang, Shing-Yi B. & Wright, Jonathan H.
- 1069-1087 Do central banks respond to exchange rate movements? A structural investigation
by Lubik, Thomas A. & Schorfheide, Frank
- 1088-1114 Inflation and inequality
by Albanesi, Stefania
- 1115-1131 Learnability and monetary policy: A global perspective
by Eusepi, Stefano
- 1132-1162 Monetary policy when potential output is uncertain: Understanding the growth gamble of the 1990s
by Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Shapiro, Matthew D.
- 1163-1212 Do macro variables, asset markets, or surveys forecast inflation better?
by Ang, Andrew & Bekaert, Geert & Wei, Min
- 1213-1229 On the short-run effects of labor market reforms
by Veracierto, Marcelo
- 1230-1255 The food problem and the evolution of international income levels
by Gollin, Douglas & Parente, Stephen L. & Rogerson, Richard
- 1256-1270 Information variables for monetary policy in an estimated structural model of the euro area
by Lippi, Francesco & Neri, Stefano
- 1271-1289 Business cycles with staggered prices and international trade in intermediate inputs
by Huang, Kevin X.D. & Liu, Zheng
- 1290-1299 Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting
by Oulton, Nicholas
- 1300-1310 Growth accounting with investment-specific technological progress: A discussion of two approaches
by Greenwood, Jeremy & Krusell, Per
2007, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 591-621 How do house prices affect consumption? Evidence from micro data
by Campbell, John Y. & Cocco, Joao F.
- 622-648 Risk aversion, intertemporal substitution, and the aggregate investment-uncertainty relationship
by Saltari, Enrico & Ticchi, Davide
- 649-666 Vested interests and technology adoption
by Bridgman, Benjamin R. & Livshits, Igor D. & MacGee, James C.
- 667-685 Progressive taxation in a dynastic model of human capital
by Erosa, Andres & Koreshkova, Tatyana
- 686-705 On the time-consistency of optimal capital taxes
by Dominguez, Begona
- 706-727 The (ir)relevance of real wage rigidity in the New Keynesian model with search frictions
by Krause, Michael U. & Lubik, Thomas A.
- 728-752 Discretionary monetary policy and the zero lower bound on nominal interest rates
by Adam, Klaus & Billi, Roberto M.
- 753-784 Menu costs and Markov inflation: A theoretical revision with new evidence
by Ahlin, Christian & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 785-796 Monetary union, price level convergence, and inflation: How close is Europe to the USA?
by Rogers, John H.
- 797-819 Structural identification of high and low investment regimes
by Letterie, Wilko A. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 820-849 Testing the cross-section implications of Friedman's permanent income hypothesis
by DeJuan, Joseph P. & Seater, John J.
- 850-878 Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles
by Canova, Fabio & Ciccarelli, Matteo & Ortega, Eva
- 879-903 Instability of sunspot equilibria in real business cycle models under adaptive learning
by Duffy, John & Xiao, Wei
- 904-924 Bank loan portfolios and the monetary transmission mechanism
by den Haan, Wouter J. & Sumner, Steven W. & Yamashiro, Guy M.
- 925-944 Optimal taxation and OECD labor taxes
by Scott, Andrew
- 945-954 On money and output: Is money redundant?
by Hafer, R.W. & Haslag, Joseph H. & Jones, Garett
2007, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 229-246 Float on a note
by Wallace, Neil & Zhu, Tao
- 247-266 Mitigating America's demographic dilemma by pre-funding social security
by Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Smetters, Kent & Walliser, Jan
- 267-301 Optimal monetary policy with imperfect common knowledge
by Adam, Klaus
- 302-324 An investigation of the gains from commitment in monetary policy
by Schaumburg, Ernst & Tambalotti, Andrea
- 325-345 Exchange rate regimes, banking and the non-tradable sector
by Kawamura, Enrique
- 346-368 Modeling exchange rate passthrough after large devaluations
by Burstein, Ariel & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sergio
- 369-412 Testing heterogeneous-agent models: an alternative aggregation approach
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Yao, Tong
- 413-432 Stock market boom and the productivity gains of the 1990s
by Jermann, Urban J. & Quadrini, Vincenzo
- 433-459 Self-fulfilling expectations and the inflation of the 1970s: Evidence from the Livingston Survey
by Leduc, Sylvain & Sill, Keith & Stark, Tom
- 460-497 Theory, measurement and calibration of macroeconomic models
by Gomme, Paul & Rupert, Peter
- 498-511 New measures of the output gap based on the forward-looking new Keynesian Phillips curve
by Basistha, Arabinda & Nelson, Charles R.
- 512-549 What does a technology shock do? A VAR analysis with model-based sign restrictions
by Dedola, Luca & Neri, Stefano
- 550-564 In search of the natural rate of unemployment
by King, Thomas B. & Morley, James
- 565-580 Suspension of payments, bank failures, and the nonbank public's losses
by Dwyer, Gerald Jr. & Hasan, Iftekhar
- 581-589 The Friedman rule: Old and new
by Gahvari, Firouz
2007, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-40 The retirement wealth of the baby boom generation
by Wolff, Edward N.
- 41-48 Considerations in the estimation of retirement wealth: Comments on "The retirement wealth of the baby boom generation" by Edward N. Wolff
by Kennickell, Arthur B.
- 49-87 On the consequences of demographic change for rates of returns to capital, and the distribution of wealth and welfare
by Krueger, Dirk & Ludwig, Alexander
- 88-91 Consequences of demographic change for rates of returns to capital, and the distribution of wealth and welfare: A comment
by Imrohoroglu, Ayse
- 92-114 Demographic change, social security systems, and savings
by Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Mansfield, Richard K. & Moore, Michael
- 115-117 Comment on: David Bloom, David Canning, Rick Mansfield, and Michael Moore's "Demographic change, social security systems, and savings"
by Laitner, John
- 118-140 Social security, life insurance and annuities for families
by Hong, Jay H. & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 141-143 Comments on: "Hong and Rios-Rull's `Social security, life insurance and annuities for families'"
by Storesletten, Kjetil
- 144-198 Global demographic trends and social security reform
by Attanasio, Orazio & Kitao, Sagiri & Violante, Giovanni L.
- 199-204 Comment on "Global demographic trends and social security reform" by Orazio Attanasio, Sagiri Kitao, and Giovanni Violante
by Lucas, Deborah
- 205-224 Baby Boomer retirement security: The roles of planning, financial literacy, and housing wealth
by Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S.
- 225-228 Discussion of "Baby boomer retirement security" by Annamaria Lusardi and Olivia Mitchell
by Leahy, John
2006, Volume 53, Issue 8
- 1741-1760 Consumption, the persistence of shocks, and asset price volatility
by Rodriguez, Juan Carlos
- 1761-1800 Inattentive consumers
by Reis, Ricardo
- 1801-1814 The case for inflation stability
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 1815-1855 Monetary policy signaling and movements in the term structure of interest rates
by Andersson, Malin & Dillen, Hans & Sellin, Peter
- 1857-1875 A fiscal theory of sovereign risk
by Uribe, Martin
- 1877-1893 A quantitative exploration of the opportunistic approach to disinflation
by Aksoy, Yunus & Orphanides, Athanasios & Small, David & Wieland, Volker & Wilcox, David
- 1895-1907 The learning cost of interest rate reversals
by Ellison, Martin
- 1909-1947 Investment dynamics with fixed capital adjustment cost and capital market imperfections
by Bayer, Christian
- 1949-1966 Estimation of a forward-looking monetary policy rule: A time-varying parameter model using ex post data
by Kim, Chang-Jin & Nelson, Charles R.
- 1967-1978 Revenue maximizing inflation
by Kimbrough, Kent P.
- 1979-1995 Target zones in theory and history: Credibility, efficiency, and policy autonomy
by Flandreau, Marc & Komlos, John
- 1997-2039 The effect of macroeconomic news on beliefs and preferences: Evidence from the options market
by Beber, Alessandro & Brandt, Michael W.
- 2041-2066 Productivity, tradability, and the long-run price puzzle
by Bergin, Paul R. & Glick, Reuven & Taylor, Alan M.
- 2067-2083 Banks, private money, and government regulation
by Li, Yiting
- 2085-2111 Currency competition: A partial vindication of Hayek
by Martin, Antoine & Schreft, Stacey L.
- 2113-2129 A bottleneck capital model of development
by Rappaport, Jordan
- 2131-2163 Bank supervision and corruption in lending
by Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross
- 2165-2178 Skills, search and the persistence of high unemployment
by Ortigueira, Salvador
- 2179-2193 Costs of business cycles for unskilled workers
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko & Sahin, Aysegul
- 2195-2212 Financial constraints and entrepreneurial investment
by Bohacek, Radim
- 2213-2237 Endogenous capacity utilization and macroeconomic persistence
by Alvarez-Lois, Pedro P.
- 2239-2266 Current consumption and future income growth: Synthetic panel evidence
by Nalewaik, Jeremy J.
- 2267-2282 International business cycles with domestic and foreign lenders
by Iacoviello, Matteo & Minetti, Raoul
- 2283-2298 Risk-based pricing of interest rates for consumer loans
by Edelberg, Wendy
2006, Volume 53, Issue 7
- 1235-1257 Inflation and output dynamics with state-dependent pricing decisions
by Burstein, Ariel T.
- 1259-1295 Cross-border trading as a mechanism for implicit capital flight: ADRs and the Argentine crisis
by Auguste, Sebastian & Dominguez, Kathryn M.E. & Kamil, Herman & Tesar, Linda L.
- 1297-1326 U.S. real exchange rate fluctuations and relative price fluctuations
by Betts, Caroline M. & Kehoe, Timothy J.
- 1327-1339 Did sunspot forces cause the Great Depression?
by Harrison, Sharon G. & Weder, Mark
- 1341-1359 Optimal monetary policy with durable consumption goods
by Erceg, Christopher & Levin, Andrew
- 1361-1376 Price-level versus inflation targeting
by Vestin, David
- 1377-1393 Taylor rules and the term structure
by Favero, Carlo A.
- 1395-1408 Estimating monetary policy effects when interest rates are close to zero
by Iwata, Shigeru & Wu, Shu
- 1409-1424 The expectations hypothesis of the term structure when interest rates are close to zero
by Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J.
- 1425-1450 On the optimal progressivity of the income tax code
by Conesa, Juan Carlos & Krueger, Dirk
- 1451-1472 Reconciling conflicting evidence on the elasticity of intertemporal substitution: A macroeconomic perspective
by Guvenen, Fatih
- 1473-1492 Buffer stock saving in retirement accounts
by Love, David
- 1493-1508 Risk sharing across generations without publicly owned equities
by Smetters, Kent
- 1509-1539 Durables, nondurables, down payments and consumption excesses
by Jose Luengo-Prado, Maria
- 1541-1553 A competitive model of the informal sector
by Amaral, Pedro S. & Quintin, Erwan
- 1555-1569 Organizational capital, technology adoption and the productivity slowdown
by Samaniego, Roberto M.
- 1571-1591 Information, learning, and the stability of fiat money
by Araujo, Luis & Camargo, Braz
- 1593-1611 Alternative central bank credit policies for liquidity provision in a model of payments
by Mills, David Jr.
- 1613-1629 Bank panics and the endogeneity of central banking
by Gorton, Gary & Huang, Lixin
- 1631-1660 Does the Basle Capital Accord reduce bank fragility? An assessment of the value-at-risk approach
by Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M.
- 1661-1691 Competitive risk sharing contracts with one-sided commitment
by Krueger, Dirk & Uhlig, Harald
- 1693-1715 Efficient monetary allocations and the illiquidity of bonds
by Boel, Paola & Camera, Gabriele
- 1717-1739 Time series decomposition and measurement of business cycles, trends and growth cycles
by Zarnowitz, Victor & Ozyildirim, Ataman
2006, Volume 53, Issue 6
- 1095-1115 Idiosyncratic production risk, growth and the business cycle
by Angeletos, George-Marios & Calvet, Laurent-Emmanuel
- 1117-1134 Adverse selection and the financial accelerator
by House, Christopher L.
- 1135-1160 Data revisions and the identification of monetary policy shocks
by Croushore, Dean & Evans, Charles L.
- 1161-1176 Time-to-build, monetary shocks, and aggregate fluctuations
by Casares, Miguel
- 1177-1195 Interest rate corridors and reserves
by Whitesell, William
- 1197-1223 Price dispersion, information and learning
by Araujo, Luis & Shevchenko, Andrei
- 1225-1234 Forward-looking information in VAR models and the price puzzle
by Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Magginas, Nicholas S.
2006, Volume 53, Issue 5
- 879-909 Globalization, returns to accumulation and the world distribution of output
by Beaudry, Paul & Collard, Fabrice