Journal of Monetary Economics
2007, Volume 54, Issue 6
- 1670-1701 Tracking the new economy: Using growth theory to detect changes in trend productivity
by Kahn, James A. & Rich, Robert W.
- 1702-1725 Optimal simple and implementable monetary and fiscal rules
by Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie & Uribe, Martin
- 1726-1768 General equilibrium analysis of the Eaton-Kortum model of international trade
by Alvarez, Fernando & Lucas, Robert Jr.
- 1769-1808 Interest rate derivatives at commercial banks: An empirical investigation
by Purnanandam, Amiyatosh
- 1809-1836 Optimal inflation persistence: Ramsey taxation with capital and habits
by Chugh, Sanjay K.
2007, Volume 54, Issue 5
- 1311-1339 Inflation persistence: Alternative interpretations and policy implications
by Sbordone, Argia M.
- 1340-1343 Comment on Argia M. Sbordone "Inflation persistence: Alternative interpretations and policy implications"
by West, Kenneth D.
- 1344-1365 Reconsidering the natural rate hypothesis in a New Keynesian framework
by Levin, Andrew & Yun, Tack
- 1366-1371 Comment on: "Reconsidering the natural rate hypothesis in a new Keynesian framework," by Andrew Levin and Tack Yun
by Wolman, Alexander L.
- 1372-1396 Simple versus optimal rules as guides to policy
by Brock, William A. & Durlauf, Steven N. & Nason, James M. & Rondina, Giacomo
- 1397-1405 On the robustness of simple and optimal monetary policy rules
by Tetlow, Robert J.
- 1406-1435 Robust monetary policy with imperfect knowledge
by Orphanides, Athanasios & Williams, John C.
- 1436-1440 Comments on Orphanides and Williams' "Robust monetary policy"
by Bullard, James
- 1441-1471 Maintaining low inflation: Money, interest rates, and policy stance
by Reynard, Samuel
- 1472-1479 Comment on: Samuel Reynard, "Maintaining low inflation: Money, interest rates, and policy stance"
by Nelson, Edward
- 1480-1507 Banking and interest rates in monetary policy analysis: A quantitative exploration
by Goodfriend, Marvin & McCallum, Bennett T.
- 1508-1514 Comment on: Banking and interest rates in monetary policy analysis: A quantitative exploration
by Gilchrist, Simon
2007, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 955-978 Transferability, finality, and debt settlement
by Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William
- 979-993 Money with partially directed search
by Goldberg, Dror
- 994-1001 A model of (the threat of) counterfeiting
by Nosal, Ed & Wallace, Neil
- 1002-1017 Why do financial systems differ? History matters
by Monnet, Cyril & Quintin, Erwan
- 1018-1034 Finance and international business cycles
by Faia, Ester
- 1035-1050 Do self-control preferences help explain the puzzling behavior of asset prices?
by DeJong, David N. & Ripoll, Marla
- 1051-1068 The high-frequency response of exchange rates and interest rates to macroeconomic announcements
by Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H. & Wang, Shing-Yi B. & Wright, Jonathan H.
- 1069-1087 Do central banks respond to exchange rate movements? A structural investigation
by Lubik, Thomas A. & Schorfheide, Frank
- 1088-1114 Inflation and inequality
by Albanesi, Stefania
- 1115-1131 Learnability and monetary policy: A global perspective
by Eusepi, Stefano
- 1132-1162 Monetary policy when potential output is uncertain: Understanding the growth gamble of the 1990s
by Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Shapiro, Matthew D.
- 1163-1212 Do macro variables, asset markets, or surveys forecast inflation better?
by Ang, Andrew & Bekaert, Geert & Wei, Min
- 1213-1229 On the short-run effects of labor market reforms
by Veracierto, Marcelo
- 1230-1255 The food problem and the evolution of international income levels
by Gollin, Douglas & Parente, Stephen L. & Rogerson, Richard
- 1256-1270 Information variables for monetary policy in an estimated structural model of the euro area
by Lippi, Francesco & Neri, Stefano
- 1271-1289 Business cycles with staggered prices and international trade in intermediate inputs
by Huang, Kevin X.D. & Liu, Zheng
- 1290-1299 Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting
by Oulton, Nicholas
- 1300-1310 Growth accounting with investment-specific technological progress: A discussion of two approaches
by Greenwood, Jeremy & Krusell, Per
2007, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 591-621 How do house prices affect consumption? Evidence from micro data
by Campbell, John Y. & Cocco, Joao F.
- 622-648 Risk aversion, intertemporal substitution, and the aggregate investment-uncertainty relationship
by Saltari, Enrico & Ticchi, Davide
- 649-666 Vested interests and technology adoption
by Bridgman, Benjamin R. & Livshits, Igor D. & MacGee, James C.
- 667-685 Progressive taxation in a dynastic model of human capital
by Erosa, Andres & Koreshkova, Tatyana
- 686-705 On the time-consistency of optimal capital taxes
by Dominguez, Begona
- 706-727 The (ir)relevance of real wage rigidity in the New Keynesian model with search frictions
by Krause, Michael U. & Lubik, Thomas A.
- 728-752 Discretionary monetary policy and the zero lower bound on nominal interest rates
by Adam, Klaus & Billi, Roberto M.
- 753-784 Menu costs and Markov inflation: A theoretical revision with new evidence
by Ahlin, Christian & Shintani, Mototsugu
- 785-796 Monetary union, price level convergence, and inflation: How close is Europe to the USA?
by Rogers, John H.
- 797-819 Structural identification of high and low investment regimes
by Letterie, Wilko A. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 820-849 Testing the cross-section implications of Friedman's permanent income hypothesis
by DeJuan, Joseph P. & Seater, John J.
- 850-878 Similarities and convergence in G-7 cycles
by Canova, Fabio & Ciccarelli, Matteo & Ortega, Eva
- 879-903 Instability of sunspot equilibria in real business cycle models under adaptive learning
by Duffy, John & Xiao, Wei
- 904-924 Bank loan portfolios and the monetary transmission mechanism
by den Haan, Wouter J. & Sumner, Steven W. & Yamashiro, Guy M.
- 925-944 Optimal taxation and OECD labor taxes
by Scott, Andrew
- 945-954 On money and output: Is money redundant?
by Hafer, R.W. & Haslag, Joseph H. & Jones, Garett
2007, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 229-246 Float on a note
by Wallace, Neil & Zhu, Tao
- 247-266 Mitigating America's demographic dilemma by pre-funding social security
by Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Smetters, Kent & Walliser, Jan
- 267-301 Optimal monetary policy with imperfect common knowledge
by Adam, Klaus
- 302-324 An investigation of the gains from commitment in monetary policy
by Schaumburg, Ernst & Tambalotti, Andrea
- 325-345 Exchange rate regimes, banking and the non-tradable sector
by Kawamura, Enrique
- 346-368 Modeling exchange rate passthrough after large devaluations
by Burstein, Ariel & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sergio
- 369-412 Testing heterogeneous-agent models: an alternative aggregation approach
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Yao, Tong
- 413-432 Stock market boom and the productivity gains of the 1990s
by Jermann, Urban J. & Quadrini, Vincenzo
- 433-459 Self-fulfilling expectations and the inflation of the 1970s: Evidence from the Livingston Survey
by Leduc, Sylvain & Sill, Keith & Stark, Tom
- 460-497 Theory, measurement and calibration of macroeconomic models
by Gomme, Paul & Rupert, Peter
- 498-511 New measures of the output gap based on the forward-looking new Keynesian Phillips curve
by Basistha, Arabinda & Nelson, Charles R.
- 512-549 What does a technology shock do? A VAR analysis with model-based sign restrictions
by Dedola, Luca & Neri, Stefano
- 550-564 In search of the natural rate of unemployment
by King, Thomas B. & Morley, James
- 565-580 Suspension of payments, bank failures, and the nonbank public's losses
by Dwyer, Gerald Jr. & Hasan, Iftekhar
- 581-589 The Friedman rule: Old and new
by Gahvari, Firouz
2007, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-40 The retirement wealth of the baby boom generation
by Wolff, Edward N.
- 41-48 Considerations in the estimation of retirement wealth: Comments on "The retirement wealth of the baby boom generation" by Edward N. Wolff
by Kennickell, Arthur B.
- 49-87 On the consequences of demographic change for rates of returns to capital, and the distribution of wealth and welfare
by Krueger, Dirk & Ludwig, Alexander
- 88-91 Consequences of demographic change for rates of returns to capital, and the distribution of wealth and welfare: A comment
by Imrohoroglu, Ayse
- 92-114 Demographic change, social security systems, and savings
by Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Mansfield, Richard K. & Moore, Michael
- 115-117 Comment on: David Bloom, David Canning, Rick Mansfield, and Michael Moore's "Demographic change, social security systems, and savings"
by Laitner, John
- 118-140 Social security, life insurance and annuities for families
by Hong, Jay H. & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 141-143 Comments on: "Hong and Rios-Rull's `Social security, life insurance and annuities for families'"
by Storesletten, Kjetil
- 144-198 Global demographic trends and social security reform
by Attanasio, Orazio & Kitao, Sagiri & Violante, Giovanni L.
- 199-204 Comment on "Global demographic trends and social security reform" by Orazio Attanasio, Sagiri Kitao, and Giovanni Violante
by Lucas, Deborah
- 205-224 Baby Boomer retirement security: The roles of planning, financial literacy, and housing wealth
by Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S.
- 225-228 Discussion of "Baby boomer retirement security" by Annamaria Lusardi and Olivia Mitchell
by Leahy, John
2006, Volume 53, Issue 8
- 1741-1760 Consumption, the persistence of shocks, and asset price volatility
by Rodriguez, Juan Carlos
- 1761-1800 Inattentive consumers
by Reis, Ricardo
- 1801-1814 The case for inflation stability
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris
- 1815-1855 Monetary policy signaling and movements in the term structure of interest rates
by Andersson, Malin & Dillen, Hans & Sellin, Peter
- 1857-1875 A fiscal theory of sovereign risk
by Uribe, Martin
- 1877-1893 A quantitative exploration of the opportunistic approach to disinflation
by Aksoy, Yunus & Orphanides, Athanasios & Small, David & Wieland, Volker & Wilcox, David
- 1895-1907 The learning cost of interest rate reversals
by Ellison, Martin
- 1909-1947 Investment dynamics with fixed capital adjustment cost and capital market imperfections
by Bayer, Christian
- 1949-1966 Estimation of a forward-looking monetary policy rule: A time-varying parameter model using ex post data
by Kim, Chang-Jin & Nelson, Charles R.
- 1967-1978 Revenue maximizing inflation
by Kimbrough, Kent P.
- 1979-1995 Target zones in theory and history: Credibility, efficiency, and policy autonomy
by Flandreau, Marc & Komlos, John
- 1997-2039 The effect of macroeconomic news on beliefs and preferences: Evidence from the options market
by Beber, Alessandro & Brandt, Michael W.
- 2041-2066 Productivity, tradability, and the long-run price puzzle
by Bergin, Paul R. & Glick, Reuven & Taylor, Alan M.
- 2067-2083 Banks, private money, and government regulation
by Li, Yiting
- 2085-2111 Currency competition: A partial vindication of Hayek
by Martin, Antoine & Schreft, Stacey L.
- 2113-2129 A bottleneck capital model of development
by Rappaport, Jordan
- 2131-2163 Bank supervision and corruption in lending
by Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross
- 2165-2178 Skills, search and the persistence of high unemployment
by Ortigueira, Salvador
- 2179-2193 Costs of business cycles for unskilled workers
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko & Sahin, Aysegul
- 2195-2212 Financial constraints and entrepreneurial investment
by Bohacek, Radim
- 2213-2237 Endogenous capacity utilization and macroeconomic persistence
by Alvarez-Lois, Pedro P.
- 2239-2266 Current consumption and future income growth: Synthetic panel evidence
by Nalewaik, Jeremy J.
- 2267-2282 International business cycles with domestic and foreign lenders
by Iacoviello, Matteo & Minetti, Raoul
- 2283-2298 Risk-based pricing of interest rates for consumer loans
by Edelberg, Wendy
2006, Volume 53, Issue 7
- 1235-1257 Inflation and output dynamics with state-dependent pricing decisions
by Burstein, Ariel T.
- 1259-1295 Cross-border trading as a mechanism for implicit capital flight: ADRs and the Argentine crisis
by Auguste, Sebastian & Dominguez, Kathryn M.E. & Kamil, Herman & Tesar, Linda L.
- 1297-1326 U.S. real exchange rate fluctuations and relative price fluctuations
by Betts, Caroline M. & Kehoe, Timothy J.
- 1327-1339 Did sunspot forces cause the Great Depression?
by Harrison, Sharon G. & Weder, Mark
- 1341-1359 Optimal monetary policy with durable consumption goods
by Erceg, Christopher & Levin, Andrew
- 1361-1376 Price-level versus inflation targeting
by Vestin, David
- 1377-1393 Taylor rules and the term structure
by Favero, Carlo A.
- 1395-1408 Estimating monetary policy effects when interest rates are close to zero
by Iwata, Shigeru & Wu, Shu
- 1409-1424 The expectations hypothesis of the term structure when interest rates are close to zero
by Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J.
- 1425-1450 On the optimal progressivity of the income tax code
by Conesa, Juan Carlos & Krueger, Dirk
- 1451-1472 Reconciling conflicting evidence on the elasticity of intertemporal substitution: A macroeconomic perspective
by Guvenen, Fatih
- 1473-1492 Buffer stock saving in retirement accounts
by Love, David
- 1493-1508 Risk sharing across generations without publicly owned equities
by Smetters, Kent
- 1509-1539 Durables, nondurables, down payments and consumption excesses
by Jose Luengo-Prado, Maria
- 1541-1553 A competitive model of the informal sector
by Amaral, Pedro S. & Quintin, Erwan
- 1555-1569 Organizational capital, technology adoption and the productivity slowdown
by Samaniego, Roberto M.
- 1571-1591 Information, learning, and the stability of fiat money
by Araujo, Luis & Camargo, Braz
- 1593-1611 Alternative central bank credit policies for liquidity provision in a model of payments
by Mills, David Jr.
- 1613-1629 Bank panics and the endogeneity of central banking
by Gorton, Gary & Huang, Lixin
- 1631-1660 Does the Basle Capital Accord reduce bank fragility? An assessment of the value-at-risk approach
by Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M.
- 1661-1691 Competitive risk sharing contracts with one-sided commitment
by Krueger, Dirk & Uhlig, Harald
- 1693-1715 Efficient monetary allocations and the illiquidity of bonds
by Boel, Paola & Camera, Gabriele
- 1717-1739 Time series decomposition and measurement of business cycles, trends and growth cycles
by Zarnowitz, Victor & Ozyildirim, Ataman
2006, Volume 53, Issue 6
- 1095-1115 Idiosyncratic production risk, growth and the business cycle
by Angeletos, George-Marios & Calvet, Laurent-Emmanuel
- 1117-1134 Adverse selection and the financial accelerator
by House, Christopher L.
- 1135-1160 Data revisions and the identification of monetary policy shocks
by Croushore, Dean & Evans, Charles L.
- 1161-1176 Time-to-build, monetary shocks, and aggregate fluctuations
by Casares, Miguel
- 1177-1195 Interest rate corridors and reserves
by Whitesell, William
- 1197-1223 Price dispersion, information and learning
by Araujo, Luis & Shevchenko, Andrei
- 1225-1234 Forward-looking information in VAR models and the price puzzle
by Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Magginas, Nicholas S.
2006, Volume 53, Issue 5
- 879-909 Globalization, returns to accumulation and the world distribution of output
by Beaudry, Paul & Collard, Fabrice
- 911-916 Comment on: "Globalization, returns to accumulation and the world distribution of output"
by Eaton, Jonathan
- 917-937 Trade costs, firms and productivity
by Bernard, Andrew B. & Jensen, J. Bradford & Schott, Peter K.
- 939-942 Comments on: "Trade costs, firms and productivity" by Bernard, Jensen and Schott
by Tybout, James R.
- 943-971 Neither a borrower nor a lender: Does China's zero net foreign asset position make economic sense?
by Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart
- 973-979 Comments on: David Dollar and Aart Kraay, Neither a borrower nor a lender: Does China's zero net foreign asset position make economic sense?"
by Wei, Shang-Jin
- 981-1019 India's pattern of development: What happened, what follows?
by Kochhar, Kalpana & Kumar, Utsav & Rajan, Raghuram & Subramanian, Arvind & Tokatlidis, Ioannis
- 1021-1026 The paradox of Indian growth: A comment on Kochhar et al
by Banerjee, Abhijit Vinayak
- 1027-1056 The politics and economics of offshore outsourcing
by Gregory Mankiw, N. & Swagel, Phillip
- 1057-1061 Comment on Mankiw and Swagel, "The politics and economics of offshore outsourcing"
by Deardorff, Alan V.
- 1063-1093 The U.S. current account deficit and the expected share of world output
by Engel, Charles & Rogers, John H.
2006, Volume 53, Issue 4
- 659-669 One monetary policy and 18 central bankers: The European monetary policy as a game of strategic delegation
by Fatum, Rasmus
- 671-698 International risk sharing is better than you think, or exchange rates are too smooth
by Brandt, Michael W. & Cochrane, John H. & Santa-Clara, Pedro
- 699-724 Determining underlying macroeconomic fundamentals during emerging market crises: Are conditions as bad as they seem?
by Aguiar, Mark & Broner, Fernando A.
- 725-736 Estimating the long-run user cost elasticity
by Schaller, Huntley
- 737-752 Generalizing the permanent-income hypothesis: Revisiting Friedman's conjecture on consumption
by Wang, Neng
- 753-772 Learning asymmetries in real business cycles
by Van Nieuwerburgh, Stijn & Veldkamp, Laura
- 773-796 A quantitative analysis of inflation as a tax on the underground economy
by Koreshkova, Tatyana A.
- 797-825 Unsecured debt with public insurance: From bad to worse
by Athreya, Kartik B. & Simpson, Nicole B.
- 827-846 Determinacy and expectational stability of equilibrium in a monetary sticky-price model with Taylor rule
by Kurozumi, Takushi
- 847-877 Dynamic credit relationships in general equilibrium
by Smith, Anthony Jr. & Wang, Cheng
2006, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 369-399 Capital reallocation and liquidity
by Eisfeldt, Andrea L. & Rampini, Adriano A.
- 401-440 Government finance in the wake of currency crises
by Burnside, Craig & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sergio
- 441-471 International lending of last resort and moral hazard: A model of IMF's catalytic finance
by Corsetti, Giancarlo & Guimaraes, Bernardo & Roubini, Nouriel
- 473-506 Designing targeting rules for international monetary policy cooperation
by Benigno, Gianluca & Benigno, Pierpaolo
- 507-535 Adaptive learning, forecast-based instrument rules and monetary policy
by Preston, Bruce
- 537-571 The variability of velocity of money in a search model
by Wang, Weimin & Shi, Shouyong
- 573-596 A multisectorial matching model of unions
by Delacroix, Alain
- 597-611 Do long swings in the business cycle lead to strong persistence in output?
by Jensen, Mark J. & Liu, Ming
- 613-631 U.S. consumer bankruptcy choice: The importance of general equilibrium effects
by Li, Wenli & Sarte, Pierre-Daniel
- 633-657 Review of A History of the Federal Reserve. Volume I (2003) by Allan H. Meltzer
by Bordo, Michael D.
2006, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 183-197 U.S. domestic money, inflation and output
by Aksoy, Yunus & Piskorski, Tomasz
- 199-216 Optimal monetary policy with the cost channel
by Ravenna, Federico & Walsh, Carl E.
- 217-232 Bank runs and investment decisions revisited
by Ennis, Huberto M. & Keister, Todd
- 233-248 Interaction between economic and financial development
by Deidda, Luca G.
- 249-264 Adaptive expectations, underparameterization and the Lucas critique
by Evans, George W. & Ramey, Garey
- 265-290 Human capital and earnings distribution dynamics
by Huggett, Mark & Ventura, Gustavo & Yaron, Amir
- 291-309 Supply-side reforms and learning dynamics
by Giannitsarou, Chryssi
- 311-328 Free entry and business cycles under the influence of animal spirits
by Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe & Dufourt, Frederic
- 329-350 Bank-based versus market-based financial systems: A growth-theoretic analysis
by Chakraborty, Shankha & Ray, Tridip
- 351-368 Birth of the Federal Reserve: Crisis in the womb
by Silber, William L.
2006, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-30 Deposit insurance, bank regulation, and financial system risks
by Pennacchi, George
- 31-34 Comment on: "Deposit insurance, bank regulation and financial system risks"
by Strahan, Philip E.
- 35-53 Bubbles and capital flow volatility: Causes and risk management
by Caballero, Ricardo J. & Krishnamurthy, Arvind
- 55-57 Comment on "Bubbles and capital flow volatility: Causes and risk management"
by Diamond, Douglas W.
- 59-84 A portfolio view of consumer credit
by Musto, David K. & Souleles, Nicholas S.
- 85-88 Comment on: "A portfolio view of consumer credit"
by Lusardi, Annamaria
- 89-111 Credit risk transfer and contagion
by Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena
- 113-121 Comment on: Credit risk transfer and contagion
by Santos, Tano
- 123-150 Can financial innovation help to explain the reduced volatility of economic activity?
by Dynan, Karen E. & Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Sichel, Daniel E.
- 151-154 Comment on: "Can financial innovation help to explain the reduced volatility of economic activity?"
by Wachter, Jessica A.
- 155-176 An options-based approach to evaluating the risk of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
by Lucas, Deborah & McDonald, Robert L.
- 177-182 Comment on: "An options-based approach to evaluating the risk of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac"
by Lehnert, Andreas & Passmore, Wayne
2005, Volume 52, Issue 8
- 1359-1377 Optimal fiscal policy under multiple equilibria
by Ennis, Huberto M. & Keister, Todd
- 1379-1399 Is the technology-driven real business cycle hypothesis dead? Shocks and aggregate fluctuations revisited
by Francis, Neville & Ramey, Valerie A.
- 1401-1433 The role of money in two alternative models: When is the Friedman rule optimal, and why?
by Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Haslag, Joseph & Russell, Steven
- 1435-1462 Inflation targeting: What inflation rate to target?
by Huang, Kevin X.D. & Liu, Zheng
- 1463-1495 Inflation targeting and nominal-income-growth targeting: When and why are they suboptimal?
by Kim, Jinill & Henderson, Dale W.
- 1497-1515 Risk preferences in multi-period consumption models, the equity premium puzzle, and habit formation utility
by Meyer, Donald J. & Meyer, Jack
- 1517-1531 Big elephants in small ponds: Do large traders make financial markets more aggressive?
by Bannier, Christina E.
- 1533-1555 Understanding the inventory cycle
by Wen, Yi
- 1557-1568 Quantifying tax effects under policy foresight
by Susan Yang, Shu-Chun
- 1569-1589 Are there economies of scale in the demand for money by firms? Some panel data estimates
by Bover, Olympia & Watson, Nadine
2005, Volume 52, Issue 7
- 1199-1226 Politics and economics in weak and strong states
by Acemoglu, Daron
- 1227-1244 Corruption, inequality, and fairness
by Alesina, Alberto & Angeletos, George-Marios
- 1245-1269 IMF programs: Who is chosen and what are the effects?
by Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha
- 1271-1295 Political budget cycles in new versus established democracies
by Brender, Adi & Drazen, Allan
- 1297-1330 Economic and political liberalizations
by Giavazzi, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido