Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
February 1999, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 91-124 Heterogeneous job-matches and the cyclical behavior of labor turnover
by Merz, Monika
- 125-141 Temporary and permanent government spending in a small open economy
by Karayalcin, Cem
- 143-171 Irreversible investment and endogenous financing: An evaluation of the corporate tax effects
by Faig, Miquel & Shum, Pauline
- 173-195 Cost reduction, entry, and the interdependence of market structure and economic growth
by Peretto, Pietro F.
- 197-216 Rediscounting under aggregate risk
by Freeman, Scott
- 217-235 Whose monetary policy is it anyway?
by Tootell, Geoffrey M. B.
- 237-257 Informational overshooting, booms, and crashes
by Zeira, Joseph
October 1998, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 447-469 The optimum quantity of debt
by Aiyagari, S. Rao & McGrattan, Ellen R.
- 471-494 Real interest rates and central bank operating procedures
by Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Dellas, Harris
- 495-509 The augmented Solow model and the productivity slowdown
by Hamilton, James D. & Monteagudo, Josefina
- 511-523 Spotting sunspots: Some evidence in support of models with self-fulfilling prophecies
by Salyer, Kevin D. & Sheffrin, Steven M.
- 525-545 Can political monetary cycles be avoided?
by al-Nowaihi, Ali & Levine, Paul
- 547-573 Inflation, nominal interest rates and the variability of output
by Chadha, Bankim & Tsiddon, Daniel
- 575-592 Monetary shocks in the G-6 countries: Is there a puzzle?
by Fung, Ben Siu-cheong & Kasumovich, Marcel
July 1998, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 207-240 Repeated insurance relationships in a costly state verification model: With an application to deposit insurance
by Smith, Bruce D. & Wang, Cheng
- 241-260 Estimating the effects of monetary shocks: An evaluation of different approaches
by Beaudry, Paul & Saito, Makoto
- 261-288 Nonlinear response of firm investment to Q:: Testing a model of convex and non-convex adjustment costs1
by Barnett, Steven A. & Sakellaris, Plutarchos
- 289-301 New evidence on labor supply:: Employment versus hours elasticities by sex and marital status
by Kimmel, Jean & Kniesner, Thomas J.
- 303-322 Sluggish inflation and optimizing models of the business cycle
by Nelson, E.
- 323-355 Fiscal policy in an endogenous growth model with human capital accumulation
by Ortigueira, Salvador
- 357-373 Intrinsic bubbles and regime-switching
by Driffill, John & Sola, Martin
- 375-386 The early development of monetary policy rules: The view from Geneva in the 1920s
by Endres, A. M. & Fleming, Grant A.
- 387-425 The permanent effects of innovation on financial depth:: Theory and US historical evidence from unobservable components models
by Rousseau, Peter L.
- 427-444 On the adjustment matrix in error correction models
by Rossana, Robert J.
June 1998, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 3-23 Ideas versus rival human capital: Industry evidence on growth models
by Klenow, Peter J.
- 25-45 Fiscal policy and saving under distortionary taxation
by Dahan, Momi & Hercowitz, Zvi
- 47-66 Is public capital provision efficient?
by Otto, Glenn D. & Voss, Graham M.
- 67-92 Human capital formation and business cycle persistence
by Perli, Roberto & Sakellaris, Plutarchos
- 93-130 Exploring the income distribution business cycle dynamics
by Castaneda, Ana & Diaz-Gimenez, Javier & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 131-159 Middlemen and private information
by Li, Yiting
- 161-183 Banks' demand for reserves when future monetary policy is uncertain
by Nautz, Dieter
- 185-203 Can a real business cycle model pass the Watson test?
by Wen, Yi
May 1998, Volume 41, Issue 3
April 1998, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 227-255 Political party negotiations, income distribution, and endogenous growth
by Chang, Roberto
- 257-275 Asset pricing in production economies
by Jermann, Urban J.
- 277-300 What do the VARs mean? Measuring the output effects of monetary policy
by Cochrane, John H.
- 301-318 How the basic RBC model fails to explain US time series
by Chow, Gregory C. & Kwan, Yum K.
- 319-331 Should public capital be subsidized or provided?
by Devarajan, Shantayanan & Danyang, Xie & Zou, Heng-fu
- 333-350 More on the time consistency of monetary policy
by Nicolini, Juan Pablo
- 351-370 Government borrowing using bonds with randomly determined returns: Welfare improving randomization in the context of deficit finance
by Smith, Bruce D. & Villamil, Anne P.
- 371-387 The dynamic effects of permanent and transitory labor income on consumption
by Falk, Barry & Lee, Bong-Soo
- 389-409 Average marginal tax rates revisited
by Stephenson, E. Frank
- 411-426 Is the persistence of shocks to output asymmetric?
by Elwood, S. Kirk
February 1998, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 3-26 Inflation crises and long-run growth
by Bruno, Michael & Easterly, William
- 27-38 Bank runs: Liquidity costs and investment distortions
by Cooper, Russell & Ross, Thomas W.
- 39-56 The effects of moral hazard on asset prices when financial markets are complete
by Kocherlakota, Narayana R.
- 57-70 What's different among banks?
by Cosimano, Thomas F. & McDonald, Bill
- 71-104 Intergenerational earnings mobility, inequality and growth
by Owen, Ann L. & Weil, David N.
- 105-125 Indeterminacy, home production, and the business cycle: A calibrated analysis
by Perli, Roberto
- 127-151 Public sector price increases, credibility and welfare
by Buffie, Edward F.
- 153-183 Asymmetry, imperfectly transferable utility, and the role of fiat money in improving terms of trade
by Engineer, Merwan & Shouying Shi
- 185-199 Weekly employee hours, weeks worked and intertemporal substitution
by Jang-Ok Cho & Merrigan, Philip & Phaneuf, Louis
- 201-216 Does the choice of consumption measure matter? An application to the permanent-income hypothesis
by Ziliak, James P.
- 217-224 The 'embodiment' controversy: A review essay
by Hercowitz, Zvi
December 1997, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 435-456 Using theory for measurement: An analysis of the cyclical behavior of home production
by Ingram, Beth F. & Kocherlakota, Narayana R. & Savin, N. E.
- 457-499 The replacement problem
by Cooley, Thomas F. & Greenwood, Jeremy & Yorukoglu, Mehmet
- 501-533 Asymmetric business cycles: Theory and time-series evidence
by Acemoglu, Daron & Scott, Andrew
- 535-554 Asymmetric persistence in GDP? A deeper look at depth
by Hess, Gregory D. & Iwata, Shigeru
- 555-572 A model of a currency shortage
by Wallace, Neil & Zhou, Ruilin
- 573-595 Intermediate inputs and sectoral comovement in the business cycle
by Hornstein, Andreas & Praschnik, Jack
- 597-617 Economic growth: A review essay
by Klenow, Peter J. & Rodriguez-Clare, Andres
- 619-640 Money and exchange rates in the Grossman-Weiss-Rotemberg model
by Alvarez, Fernando & Atkeson, Andrew
- 641-657 Narrative and VAR approaches to monetary policy: Common identification problems
by Leeper, Eric M.
- 659-665 Identification and the narrative approach: A reply to Leeper
by Romer, Christina D. & Romer, David H.
October 1997, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 207-238 Consumption and credit constraints: International evidence
by Bacchetta, Philippe & Gerlach, Stefan
- 239-278 Banks and macroeconomic disturbances under predetermined exchange rates
by Edwards, Sebastian & Vegh, Carlos A.
- 279-304 Is there a role for monetary aggregates in the conduct of monetary policy?
by Estrella, Arturo & Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 305-346 Derivatives regulation: Implications for central banks
by Hentschel, Ludger & Smith, Clifford Jr.
- 347-381 Clearing, settlement and monetary policy
by Lacker, Jeffrey M.
- 383-429 New techniques to extract market expectations from financial instruments
by Soderlind, Paul & Svensson, Lars
September 1997, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 3-39 The implications of first-order risk aversion for asset market risk premiums
by Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Marshall, David A.
- 41-71 The nature of precautionary wealth
by Carroll, Christopher D. & Samwick, Andrew A.
- 73-96 International interdependence of national growth rates: A structural trends anakysis
by Daniel, Betty C.
- 97-119 Dynamic complementarities: A quantitative analysis
by Cooper, Russell W. & Johri, Alok
- 121-139 Macroeconomic uncertainty, precautionary saving, and the current account
by Ghosh, Atish R. & Ostry, Jonathan D.
- 141-162 The efficiency of bank branches
by Berger, Allen N. & Leusner, John H. & Mingo, John J.
- 163-183 Evolution, coordination, and banking panics
by Temzelides, Theodosios
- 185-202 Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution
by Uribe, Martin
August 1997, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 385-403 The one-sector growth model with idiosyncratic shocks: Steady states and dynamics
by Huggett, Mark
- 405-431 An investigation of Ricardian equivalence in a common trends model
by Becker, Torbjorn
- 433-448 Identifying monetary policy in a small open economy under flexible exchange rates
by Cushman, David O. & Zha, Tao
- 449-474 Relative prices, complementarities and comovement among components of aggregate expenditures
by Fisher, Jonas D. M.
- 475-516 Organization structure and credibility: Evidence from commercial bank securities activities before the Glass-Steagall Act
by Kroszner, Randall S. & Rajan, Raghuram G.
- 517-534 Portfolio substitution and exchange rate volatility
by Sibert, Anne & Ha, Jiming
- 535-550 Heterogeneity in bank valuation of LDC debt: Evidence from the 1988 Brazilian debt-reduction program
by Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Diwan, Ishac & Spiegel, Mark M.
- 551-569 Home production with endogenous growth
by Einarsson, Tor & Marquis, Milton H.
July 1997, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 145-172 The cyclical properties of consumption growth and the real term structure
by Chapman, David A.
- 173-196 Is inflation sticky?
by Roberts, John M.
- 197-221 Exchange-rate-based inflation stabilization: The initial real effects of credible plans
by Uribe, Martin
- 223-249 A model of target changes and the term structure of interest rates
by Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Bertola, Giuseppe & Foresi, Silverio
- 251-277 The advantage to hiding one's hand: Speculation and central bank intervention in the foreign exchange market
by Bhattacharya, Utpal & Weller, Paul
- 279-301 The financial structure of government debt in OECD countries: An examination of the time-consistency issue
by De Broeck, Mark
- 303-325 Monetary politics and unemployment persistence
by Jonsson, Gunnar
- 327-339 Taxpayer subsidies in failed thrift resolution: The impact of FIRREA
by Gupta, Atul & LeCompte, Richard L. B. & Misra, Lalatendu
- 341-357 Thrift stock returns and portfolio interest rate sensitivity
by Lumpkin, Stephen A. & O'Brien, James M.
June 1997, Volume 39, Issue 1
December 1996, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 427-467 Tariffs and aggregate economic activity: Lessons from the Great Depression
by Crucini, Mario J. & Kahn, James
- 469-494 Wealth distribution in life-cycle economies
by Huggett, Mark
- 495-505 Do government policy multipliers decrease with inflation?
by Koelln, Kenneth & Rush, Mark & Waldo, Doug
- 507-534 Wealth-varying intertemporal elasticities of substitution: Evidence from panel and aggregate data
by Atkeson, Andrew & Ogaki, Masao
- 535-547 Convergence, endogenous growth, and productivity disturbances
by Ka Yui Leung, Charles & Quah, Danny T.
- 549-559 Specialization, intermediation, and growth
by Galetovic, Alexander
- 561-570 Congressional influence on U.S. monetary policy: A reconsideration of the evidence
by Chopin, Marc C. & Cole, C. Steven & Ellis, Michael A.
- 571-579 Congressional oversight committee influence on U.S. monetary policy revisited
by Grier, Kevin B.
- 581-585 Congressional policy preferences and U.S. monetary policy
by Chopin, Marc C. & Cole, C. Steven & Ellis, Michael A.
- 587-598 Are U.S. regional incomes converging? Some further evidence
by Loewy, Michael B. & Papell, David H.
- 599-601 Are U.S. regional incomes converging? Reply
by Carlino, Gerald & Mills, Leonard
October 1996, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 173-193 Evaluating alternative monetary policy rules
by Fair, Ray C. & Howrey, E. Philip
- 195-213 What happened to the oil price-macroeconomy relationship?
by Hooker, Mark A.
- 215-220 This is what happened to the oil price-macroeconomy relationship
by Hamilton, James D.
- 221-222 This is what happened to the oil price-macroeconomy relationship: Reply
by Hooker, Mark A.
- 223-244 Is the Friedman rule optimal when money is an intermediate good?
by Correia, Isabel & Teles, Pedro
- 245-268 Stochastic fiscal policy and the Swedish business cycle
by Jonsson, Gunnar & Klein, Paul
- 269-301 Innovation, bank monitoring, and endogenous financial development
by de la Fuente, Angel & Marin, JoseMaria
- 303-330 Taxation and inflation: A new explanation for capital flows
by Bayoumi, Tamim & Gagnon, Joseph
- 331-361 Cyclical productivity in a model of labor hoarding
by Sbordone, Argia M.
- 363-376 Equilibrium loan contracts and endogenous growth in the presence of asymmetric information
by Bose, Niloy & Cothren, Richard
- 377-390 Run-proof banking without suspension or deposit insurance
by De Nicolo, Gianni
- 391-405 Inflation, inflation uncertainty, and relative price dispersion: Evidence from bivariate GARCH-M models
by Grier, Kevin B. & Perry, Mark J.
August 1996, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 3-23 Money and credit as means of payment
by Lacker, Jeffrey M. & Schreft, Stacey L.
- 25-45 The macroeconomic effects of government debt in a stochastic growth model
by Ludvigson, Sydney
- 47-76 Bubbles, fundamentals, and investment: A multiple equation testing strategy
by Chirinko, Robert S. & Schaller, Huntley
- 77-100 Adjustment costs and investment in a stochastic endogenous growth model
by Benavie, Arthur & Grinols, Earl & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 101-115 Clearinghouse banks and banknote over-issue
by Freeman, Scott
- 117-138 The marginal income tax rate schedule from 1930 to 1990
by Hakkio, Craig S. & Rush, Mark & Schmidt, Timothy J.
- 139-160 Overtime, effort, and the propagation of business cycle shocks
by Hall, George J.
- 161-170 Real business cycle research comes of age: A review essay
by Williamson, Stephen D.
June 1996, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 397-419 Coexistence of money and interest-bearing securities
by Rao Aiyagari, S. & Wallace, Neil & Wright, Randall
- 421-443 Indeterminacy and sector-specific externalities
by Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E. A.
- 445-459 Money and inventories in an economy with uncertain and sequential trade
by Bental, Benjamin & Eden, Bemjamin
- 461-474 Consumption, commitment, and cycles
by Kocherlakota, Narayana R.
- 475-503 Are consumption taxes really better than income taxes?
by Krusell, Per & Quadrini, Vincenzo & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
- 505-533 Prices, output, and hours: An empirical analysis based on a sticky price model
by Rotemberg, Julio J.
- 535-548 Expectations and the nonneutrality of Lucas
by Sargent, Thomas J.
- 549-572 Sequential markets and the suboptimality of the Friedman rule
by Williamson, Stephen D.
- 573-605 Loan commitments and optimal monetary policy
by Woodford, Michael
April 1996, Volume 37, Issue 2-3
- 177-201 Production function regressions, returns to scale, and externalities
by Burnside, Craig
- 203-223 Optimality of the Friedman rule in economies with distorting taxes
by Chari, V. V. & Christiano, Lawrence J. & Kehoe, Patrick J.
- 225-248 Money and finance with costly commitment
by Chatterjee, Satyajit & Corbae, Dean
- 249-265 Convergence revisited
by Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios
- 267-283 Whom can we trust to run the Fed? Theoretical support for the founders' views
by Faust, Jon
- 285-312 Does foreign exchange intervention signal future monetary policy?
by Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Lewis, Karen K.
- 313-344 The composition of public expenditure and economic growth
by Devarajan, Shantayanan & Swaroop, Vinaya & Heng-fu, Zou
- 345-370 Nominal price rigidity, money supply endogeneity, and business cycles
by Yun, Tack
- 371-380 A dynamic asymptotically ideal model of money demand
by Fleissig, Adrian & Swofford, James L.
February 1996, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 3-27 Measuring money growth when financial markets are changing
by Feldstein, Martin & Stock, James H.
- 29-47 The welfare cost of inflation in general equilibrium
by Dotsey, Michael & Ireland, Peter
- 49-71 Borrowing constraints, human capital accumulation, and growth
by De Gregorio, Jose
- 73-87 On avoiding bank runs
by Alonso, Irasema
- 89-103 Inflation targeting in a small open economy: Empirical results for Switzerland
by Dueker, Michael & Fischer, Andreas M.
- 105-117 Real business cycles and sunspot fluctuations are observationally equivalent
by Kamihigashi, Takashi
- 119-142 Money, barter, and costly information acquisition
by Sik Kim, Young
- 143-162 Was the worldwide shift to gold inevitable? An analysis of the end of bimetallism
by Oppers, Stefan Erik
- 163-173 Intrinsic bubbles and mean-reverting fundamentals
by Sutherland, Alan
December 1995, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 453-475 The great wars, the great crash, and steady state growth: Some new evidence about an old stylized fact
by Ben-David, Dan & Papell, David H.
- 477-496 The long-run relationship between inflation and output in postwar economies
by Bullard, James & Keating, John W.
- 497-526 Stylized facts and regime changes: Are prices procyclical?
by Ravn, Morten O. & Sola, Martin
- 527-539 Tax rates and tax revenues in a model of growth through human capital accumulation
by Pecorino, Paul
- 541-572 Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment
by Gilchrist, Simon & Himmelberg, Charles P.
- 573-592 Commodity money under private information
by Li, Yiting
- 593-605 An empirical analysis on the substitutability between private consumption and government purchases
by Ni, Shawn
- 631-654 Comovements in national stock market returns: Evidence of predictability, but not cointegration
by Richards, Anthony J.
- 655-677 Endogenous capital utilization, investor's effort, and optimal fiscal policy
by Zhu, Xiaodong
- 679-679 Erratum
by Rudebusch, Glenn D.
November 1995, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 247-267 Interest rate rules vs. money growth rules a welfare comparison in a cash-in-advance economy
by Carlstrom, Charles T. & Fuerst, Timothy S.
- 269-300 Search in the labor market and the real business cycle
by Merz, Monika
- 301-327 Imperfect insurance and differing propensities to consume across households
by McCarthy, Jonathan
- 329-350 Time-consistent policy and persistent changes in inflation
by Ball, Laurence
- 351-374 Government budget deficits and trade deficits Are present value constraints satisfied in long-term data?
by Ahmed, Shaghil & Rogers, John H.
- 375-404 Money demand and the relative price of capital goods in hyperinflations
by Tallman, Ellis W. & Wang, Ping
- 405-431 CEO compensation and bank risk Is compensation in banking structured to promote risk taking?
by Houston, Joel F. & James, Christopher
- 433-449 Towards a theory of incomplete financial markets A review essay
by Bohn, Henning
August 1995, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 3-37 Fixing exchange rates A virtual quest for fundamentals
by Flood, Robert P. & Rose, Andrew K.
- 39-63 Product diversity, endogenous markups, and development traps
by Gali, Jordi
- 65-89 Measuring noise in inventory models
by Durlauf, Steven N. & Maccini, Louis J.
- 91-115 The demand and liquidity effects of monetary shocks
by Dow, James Jr.
- 117-143 Economic growth in a cross-section of cities
by Glaeser, Edward L. & Scheinkman, JoseA. & Shleifer, Andrei
- 145-164 'Flight to quality' in banking and economic activity
by Lang, William W. & Nakamura, Leonard I.
- 165-188 Are apparent productive spillovers a figment of specification error?
by Basu, Susanto & Fernald, John G.
- 189-217 Asset returns and economic disasters evidence from the S&L crisis
by Strahan, Philip E.
- 219-243 Genetic algorithms and inflationary economies
by Arifovic, Jasmina
June 1995, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 389-411 Banks and loan sales Marketing nonmarketable assets
by Gorton, Gary B. & Pennacchi, George G.
- 413-430 Trade credit in a monetary economy
by Norrbin, Stefan C. & Reffett, Kevin L.
- 431-461 Liquidity and real activity in a simple open economy model
by Schlagenhauf, Don E. & Wrase, Jeffrey M.
- 463-497 The identification of monetary policy disturbances explaining the liquidity puzzle
by Strongin, Steven
- 499-507 Search, unemployment, and growth
by King, Ian & Welling, Linda
- 509-518 Bounded rationality in macroeconomics A review essay
by Honkapohja, Seppo
April 1995, Volume 35, Issue 2