Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Current editor:
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
Series handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
December 2000, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 625-637 On complexity and lotteries' evaluation - three experimental observations
by Mador, Galit & Sonsino, Doron & Benzion, Uri
- 639-659 The role of corporate image and extension similarity in service brand extensions
by de Ruyter, Ko & Wetzels, Martin
- 661-671 Informational cascades in the laboratory: Do they occur for the right reasons?
by Huck, Steffen & Oechssler, Jorg
- 673-690 Household environmental protection and the intergenerational transmission of human capital
by Agee, Mark D. & Crocker, Thomas D.
- 691-709 Made sense and remembered sense: Sensemaking through abduction
by Lundberg, C. Gustav
- 711-713 Irrational Exuberance, Robert J. Shiller; Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2000, pp. xxi + 296, ISBN 0 691 05062 7 ([UK pound]17.50)
by Winnett, Adrian
October 2000, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 465-479 A psychological approach to individual differences in intertemporal consumption patterns
by Brandstatter, Hermann & Guth, Werner
- 481-493 Presents or investments? An experimental analysis
by Gneezy, Uri & Guth, Werner & Verboven, Frank
- 495-515 In search of the poor
by Watson, Duncan
- 517-544 Invariance failure under subgame perfectness in sequential bargaining
by Zwick, Rami & Rapoport, Amnon & Weg, Eythan
- 545-576 An assessment of consumers product, purchase decision, advertising and consumption involvement in fashion clothing
by O'Cass, A.
- 577-590 Advertising for economic change
by East, Robert & Hogg, Annik
- 591-598 Comments on Robert East and Annik Hogg: Advertising for economic change
by Kokkinaki, Flora
- 599-602 Rejoinder to 'Comments on Robert East and Annik Hogg: Advertising for economic change'
by East, R. & Hogg, Annik
August 2000, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 343-349 A note on the warm glow of giving and scope sensitivity in contingent valuation studies
by Chilton, S. M. & Hutchinson, W. G.
- 351-385 Working hard for the money? Efficiency wages and worker effort
by Goldsmith, Arthur H. & Veum, Jonathan R. & Darity, William Jr.
- 387-409 With a little help from my fans - Extending models of pro-social behaviour to explain supporters' intentions to buy soccer club shares
by de Ruyter, Ko & Wetzels, Martin
- 411-432 A positional and representational analysis of consumption. Households when facing debt and credit
by Viaud, Jean & Roland-Levy, Christine
- 433-458 Boundedly rational decision emergence - a general perspective and some selective illustrations
by Guth, Werner
- 459-461 Wirtschaftspsychologie: Grundlagen und Anwendungsfelder der Okonomischen Psychologie (translation title: Economic Psychology: Foundations and Applications); E.M. Kirchler; Hogrefe, Gottingen, 1999, p. 450, 42. ISBN 3-8017-1252-4
by Brandstatter, Eduard
June 2000, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 223-232 Deciding to sell: The effect of prior inaction and offer source
by Butler, Adam & Highhouse, Scott
- 233-252 The role of the social-identity function of attitudes in consumer innovativeness and opinion leadership
by Grewal, Rajdeep & Mehta, Raj & Kardes, Frank R.
- 253-280 Lower partial moments as measures of perceived risk: An experimental study
by Unser, Matthias
- 281-304 Do individuals try to maximize general satisfaction?
by Frijters, Paul
- 305-317 Testing for consistency in willingness to pay experiments
by Ryan, Mandy & San Miguel, Fernando
- 319-339 ''You'd have to be green to invest in this'': Popular economic models, financial journalism, and ethical investment
by Winnett, Adrian & Lewis, Alan
April 2000, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 109-142 Self-image - is it in the bag? A qualitative comparison between "ordinary" and "excessive" consumers
by Dittmar, Helga & Drury, John
- 143-165 Citizens of warmer countries are more competitive and poorer: Culture or chance?
by Van de Vliert, Evert & Kluwer, Esther S. & Lynn, Richard
- 167-189 The impact of the order book privilege on traders' behavior and the market process: An experimental study
by Gerke, Wolfgang & Arneth, Stefan & Syha, Christine
- 191-205 Valuing future private and social benefits: The discounted utility model versus hyperbolic discounting models
by Cairns, John & van der Pol, Marjon
- 207-222 Keeping up one's appearance: Its importance and the choice of type of hair-grooming establishment
by Schwer, R. Keith & Daneshvary, Rennae
February 2000, Volume 21, Issue 1
December 1999, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 613-642 Subjective measures of household preferences and financial decisions
by Donkers, Bas & van Soest, Arthur
- 643-656 Discriminating the number of credit cards held by college students using credit and money attitudes
by Hayhoe, Celia Ray & Leach, Lauren & Turner, Pamela R.
- 657-676 Effect of perceived cost on judgments regarding the efficacy of investment
by Reed, Phil
- 677-697 The saving and spending habits of young people
by Furnham, Adrian
- 699-715 Risk, complexity, and deviations from expected-value maximization: Results of a lottery choice experiment
by Huck, Steffen & Weizsacker, Georg
October 1999, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 499-519 Savings and investment decisions within private households: Spouses' dominance in decisions on various forms of investment
by Meier, Katja & Kirchler, Erich & Hubert, Angela-Christian
- 521-546 A review and meta-analysis of country-of-origin research
by Verlegh, Peeter W. J. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E. M.
- 547-569 Attitude-based models for binary choices: A test for choices involving an innovation
by Candel, Math J. J. M. & Pennings, Joost M. E.
- 571-591 Mood and children: Proposition of a measurement scale
by Derbaix, C. & Pecheux, C.
- 593-612 South African children's views of wealth, poverty, inequality and unemployment
by Bonn, Marta & Earle, Dave & Lea, Stephen & Webley, Paul
August 1999, Volume 20, Issue 4
June 1999, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 251-284 Intrinsic motivation and extrinsic incentives in a repeated game with incomplete contracts
by Falk, Armin & Gachter, Simon & Kovacs, Judit
- 285-314 Diagnosing the search cost effect: Waiting time and the moderating impact of prior category knowledge
by Smith, Gerald E. & Venkatraman, Meera P. & Dholakia, Ruby Roy
- 315-341 A comparison of five elicitation techniques for elicitation of attributes of low involvement products
by Bech-Larsen, Tino & Nielsen, Niels Asger
- 343-377 The impact of personality on behavior in five Prisoner's Dilemma games
by Boone, Christophe & De Brabander, Bert & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen
- 379-381 Book Review
April 1999, Volume 20, Issue 2
February 1999, Volume 20, Issue 1
December 1998, Volume 19, Issue 6
- 657-661 Editorial
- 663-680 Explaining attitudes towards the euro: Design of a cross-national study
by Muller-Peters, Anke & Pepermans, Roland & Kiell, Guido & Battaglia, Nicole & Beckmann, Suzanne & Burgoyne, Carole & Farhangmehr, Minoo & Guzman, Gustavo & Kirchler, Erich & Koenen, Cordula
- 681-699 A unified Europe? How euro-attitudes relate to psychological differences between countries
by Pepermans, Roland & Verleye, Gino
- 701-719 The significance of national pride and national identity to the attitude toward the single European currency: A Europe-wide comparison
by Muller-Peters, Anke
- 721-740 The Dutch people and the euro: A structural equations analysis relating national identity and economic expectations to attitude towards the euro
by van Everdingen, Yvonne M. & van Raaij, W. Fred
- 741-754 Being in two minds about a single currency: A UK perspective on the euro
by Routh, David A. & Burgoyne, Carole B.
- 755-774 Social representations of the euro in Austria
by Meier, Katja & Kirchler, Erich
- 775-796 Attitudes towards European Monetary Union in Greece: Antecedents, strength and consequences
by Kokkinaki, Flora
October 1998, Volume 19, Issue 5
August 1998, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 415-445 Ultimatum bargaining by children and adults
by Murnighan, J. Keith & Saxon, Michael Scott
- 447-461 Rating the values of government and market supplied goods
by Kemp, Simon
- 463-484 An error components approach to segmentation and modelling brand choice dynamics
by Roy, Abhik
- 485-495 Trading wine: On the endowment effect, loss aversion, and the comparability of consumer goods
by van Dijk, Eric & van Knippenberg, Daan
- 497-513 Similarity in response behavior between household members: An application to income evaluation
by Plug, Erik J. S. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S.
- 515-527 Editorial
- 529-531 Book Review
June 1998, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 295-320 Socio-economic status, delay of gratification, and impulse buying
by Wood, Michael
- 321-351 Three-mode analysis of perceptions of economic activities in Eastern and Western Europe1
by Veldscholte, Carla M. & Kroonenberg, Pieter M. & Antonides, Gerrit
- 353-376 Mokken scaling characteristic sets and acquisition patterns of durable- and financial products
by Paas, Leonard J.
- 377-395 Experimental economics and deception
by Bonetti, Shane
- 397-401 Experimental economics and deception: A comment
by Hey, John D.
- 403-409 Experimental economics and deception: A comment
by McDaniel, Tanga & Starmer, Chris
- 411-414 Reply to Hey and Starmer & McDaniel
by Bonetti, Shane
April 1998, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 159-177 The role of value in the delivery process of hospitality services
by Lemmink, Jos & de Ruyter, Ko & Wetzels, Martin
- 179-204 Valuing psychological factors in the provision of assisted reproductive techniques using the economic instrument of willingness to pay
by Ryan, Mandy
- 205-214 Strategic overbidding in contingent valuation: Stated economic value of public goods varies according to consumers expectations of funding source
by Posavac, Steven S.
- 237-260 A model for the effects of psychological pricing in Gabor-Granger price studies
by Wedel, Michel & Leeflang, Peter S. H.
- 261-277 The effects of invalidating information on consumers subsequent search patterns
by Mazursky, David
- 279-293 Stackelberg reasoning in mixed-motive games: An experimental investigation
by Colman, Andrew M. & Stirk, Jonathan A.
February 1998, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 5-41 The poverty game and the pension game: The role of reciprocity
by Van der Heijden, Eline C. M. & Nelissen, Jan H. M. & Potters, Jan J. M. & Verbon, Harrie A. A.
- 43-73 Psychological team make-up as a determinant of economic firm performance: An experimental study
by Boone, Christophe & van Olffen, Woody & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen
- 75-106 Testing the impact of trying in behavior intervention
by Kassaye, W. Wossen & Schumacher, Phyllis P.
- 107-131 Empirical tests of status consumption: Evidence from women's cosmetics
by Chao, Angela & Schor, Juliet B.
- 133-153 Can the conditions governing the framing effect be determined?
by Li, Shu
November 1997, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 579-604 Domain specificity of fairness judgments in economic transactions
by Seligman, David A. & Schwartz, Barry
- 605-628 Gender differences in risk behaviour in financial decision-making: An experimental analysis
by Powell, Melanie & Ansic, David
- 629-648 What inhibits the mere-exposure effect: Recollection or familiarity?
by Ye, Gewei & van Raaij, W. Fred
- 649-675 Money matters: An exploratory study of the socio-cultural context of consumption, saving, and investment patterns
by Jain, Arvind K. & Joy, Annamma
- 677-691 A reverse sunk cost effect in risky decision making: Sometimes we have too much invested to gamble
by Zeelenberg, Marcel & van Dijk, Eric
- 693-704 Job satisfaction and target earnings
by Drakopoulos, S. A. & Theodossiou, I.
- 705-709 Where are the motives? A problem with evidence in the work of Richard Thaler
by Haan, Marco
- 711-712 Worthwhile intentions
by Mackenzie, Craig
- 713-717 The new economic mind: The social psychology of economic behavior : A. Lewis, P. Webley, and A. Furnham (eds.), Hemel Hempstead, Harvester/Wheatsheaf, 1995, pp. xii + 332. [UK pound]15.95. ISBN 0 7450 1325 2
by Farr, Robert M.
September 1997, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 469-486 Inferring risk attitudes from certainty equivalents: Some lessons from an experimental study
by Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Rieck, Christian & Theissen, Erik
- 487-503 Determinants of buyers' aspiration and reservation price
by Kristensen, Henrik & Garling, Tommy
- 505-523 The emotional texture of consumer environments: A systematic approach to atmospherics
by Foxall, Gordon R.
- 525-546 Perceptions of affordability: Their role in predicting purchase intent and purchase
by Notani, Arti Sahni
- 547-573 Mr. Keynes' theory of investment: Do forward looking expectations and weight really matter?
by Anderson, Michael A. & Goldsmith, Arthur H.
- 575-577 Psychologie sociale et economie (translation of title: Social psychology and economics) : D. Lassarre, Armand Colin, Paris, 1995, pp. 261, Fr. 140. ISBN 2 200 21693 9
by Roland-Levy, Christine
June 1997, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 341-367 The process of reaching an agreement in second-hand markets for consumer durables
by Stroeker, Natasha E. & Antonides, Gerrit
- 369-386 Sex, money and financial hardship: An empirical study of attitudes towards money among undergraduates in Singapore
by Lim, Vivien K. G. & Teo, Thompson S. H.
- 387-406 Merging service quality and service satisfaction. An empirical test of an integrative model
by de Ruyter, Ko & Bloemer, Jose & Peeters, Pascal
- 407-434 Mood-regulatory self-gifts: Development of a conceptual framework
by Luomala, Harri T. & Laaksonen, Martti
- 435-451 Welfare fraud and welfare stigma
by Yaniv, Gideon
- 453-463 The economics of preference change: The case of arts therapy
by Cameron, Samuel
- 465-468 On Samuel Cameron's 'The economics of preference change: The case of arts therapy'
by Frank, Bjorn
April 1997, Volume 18, Issue 2-3
- 153-156 Perspectives in economic psychology
by Webley, Paul & Wahlund, Richard
- 157-177 Becoming an entrepreneur -- A question of personality structure?
by Brandstatter, Hermann
- 179-199 Values, beliefs and regional variations in new firm formation rates
by Davidsson, Per & Wiklund, Johan
- 201-233 Household financial strategies in Sweden: An exploratory study
by Gunnarsson, Jonas & Wahlund, Richard
- 235-257 Financial markets with asymmetric information: A pilot study focusing on insider advantages
by Guth, Werner & Krahnen, Jan P. & Rieck, Christian
- 259-270 Globalisation of marketing communication?
by van Raaij, W. Fred
- 271-287 The effect of new package design on product attention, categorization and evaluation
by Schoormans, Jan P. L. & Robben, Henry S. J.
- 289-304 Influencing the prospects of tax evasion
by Elffers, Henk & Hessing, Dick J.
- 305-321 Why people pay taxes: From a conventional economic model to a model of social convention
by Cullis, John G. & Lewis, Alan
- 323-340 Pride in economic psychology
by Lea, Stephen E. G. & Webley, Paul
February 1997, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-14 The relationship between work and economic values
by Furnham, Adrian
- 15-43 Cooperation based on trust. An experimental investigation
by Guth, Werner & Ockenfels, Peter & Wendel, Markus
- 45-68 Submitting to authority: Its effect on decision-making
by Pingle, Mark
- 69-85 Need for cognition and response mode in the active construction of an information domain
by Bailey, James R.
- 87-110 Child care use, earnings, and retention desires of wives of employees -- U.S. Army officers' study
by Lakhani, Hyder & Hoover, Elizabeth
- 111-121 The output decision of the firm -- A behavioural algorithm
by Wakeley, Timothy M.
- 123-135 Where are the motives? A problem with evidence in the work of Richard Thaler
by Mackenzie, Craig
- 137-137 Erratum to 'Cognitive thoughts mediating compliance in multiple request situations' [Journal of economic psychology 9 (1988) 69-79]
by Hornik, J.
- 139-144 The Economics of the Family : Nancy Folbre, Edward Elgar, 1996. Pp. xxvi + 687. [UK pound]140. ISBN 1 85898 191 3
by Allsopp, Vicky
December 1996, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 669-675 Household saving behaviour and financial management
by Groenland, Edward A. G. & Wahlund, Richard
- 677-690 Discourses of savings
by Lunt, Peter
- 691-708 Prototypicality and structure of the saving concept for consumers
by Groenland, E. A. G. & Bloem, J. G. & Kuylen, A. A. A.
- 709-730 Mental discounting and financial strategies
by Wahlund, Richard & Gunnarsson, Jonas
- 731-748 'Wallbanking', innovativeness and computer attitudes: 25-40-year-old ATM-users on the spot
by Pepermans, Roland & Verleye, Gino & Van Cappellen, Sarah
- 749-770 Risk attitudes and risky behavior
by Warneryd, Karl-Erik
- 771-787 Does the degree of relative risk aversion vary with household characteristics?
by Palsson, Anne-Marie
- 789-807 Financial management, coping and debt in households under financial strain
by Walker, Catherine M.
- 809-825 The dynamic process tracing approach: Towards the development of a new methodology for the analysis of complex consumer behaviours
by Groenland, E. A. G. & Kuylen, A. A. A. & Bloem, J. G.
November 1996, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 531-554 Expectations and fairness in a modified Ultimatum game
by Suleiman, Ramzi
- 555-577 Respect, admiration, aggrandizement: Adam Smith as economic psychologist
by Khalil, Elias L.
- 579-589 Pay status hierarchy and organizational attachment
by Schaubroeck, John
- 591-613 Budget allocation as a measure of potential demand
by Cermak, Gregory W.
- 615-627 Preferences for distributing goods in times of shortage
by Kemp, Simon
- 629-643 Level of self-concepts in educated unemployed young men in India: An empirical analysis
by Singh, Lal Bahadur & Singh, Arun Kumar & Rani, Asha
- 645-650 An additional violation of transitivity and independence between alternatives
by Li, Shu
- 651-660 The use of internal games: The case of addiction
by Frank, Bjorn
- 661-668 One person -- many players? On Bjorn Frank's 'The use of internal games: The case of addiction'
by Guth, Werner & Kliemt, Hartmut
August 1996, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 417-442 Why people vote: Experimental evidence
by Schram, Arthur & Sonnemans, Joep
- 443-464 What's money worth? Determinants of the subjective value of money
by Brandstatter, Eduard & Brandstatter, Hermann
- 465-478 Discrimination, social psychology, and hysteresis in labor markets
by Elmslie, Bruce & Sedo, Stanley
- 479-498 Adaptation level and 'animal spirits'
by Middleton, Elliott
- 499-516 Construing economic and political reality
by Theodoulou, Stella
- 517-524 Buying and selling exchange goods: Loss aversion and the endowment effect
by van Dijk, Eric & van Knippenberg, Daan
- 525-527 Wirtschaftspsychologie: Grundlagen und anwendungsfelder der okonomischen psychologie E.M. Kirchler, (translation of title: Economic psychology: Foundations and applications). Hogrefe, Gottingen, 1995. Pp. 363. Pb. DM 68.00. ISBN 3 8017 0796 2
by Dittmar, Helga
June 1996, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 291-311 Economic stress and psychological well-being: An economic psychology framework
by MacFadyen, Alan J. & MacFadyen, Heather Wood & Prince, Nancy J.
- 313-341 Social exchange in the labor market: Reciprocity and trust versus egoistic money maximization
by Kirchler, Erich & Fehr, Ernst & Evans, Robert
- 343-358 The influence of portfolio characteristics and investment period on investment choice
by Anderson, Barry F. & Settle, John W.
- 359-386 Determination of first movers in sequential bargaining games: An experimental study
by Sonnegard, Joakim
- 387-402 Tax knowledge and attitudes towards taxation; A report on a quasi-experiment
by Eriksen, Knut & Fallan, Lars
- 403-413 Varieties of money experts' and non-experts' typicality judgments
by Rumiati, Rino & Lotto, Lorella
April 1996, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 163-182 Expectations, perceived performance, and customer satisfaction for a complex service: The case of bank loans
by Johnson, Michael D. & Nader, Georg & Fornell, Claes
- 183-220 The impact of labor force history on self-esteem and its component parts, anxiety, alienation and depression
by Goldsmith, Arthur H. & Veum, Jonathan R. & William Darity, Jr.
- 221-244 Subjective metaphysics and learning from experience: The causal psychology of rational choice
by Sacco, Pier Luigi
- 245-257 On the value of incumbency managerial reference points and loss aversion
by Fershtman, Chaim
- 259-271 The ultimatum game and non-selfish utility functions
by Bethwaite, Judy & Tompkinson, Paul
- 273-273 Commentary section
by Lewis, Allan
- 275-287 Rethinking the relationship between economics and psychology
by Lunt, Peter
- 289-290 Behavioural foundations of economics : J.L. Baxter, MacMillan, London. pp. XIV + 265
by Furnham, A.
February 1996, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 3-38 Lay people's cognitive models of the economy
by Williamson, Maureen R. & Wearing, Alexander J.
- 39-54 More than risk reduction: The investment appeal of insurance
by Connor, Robert A.
- 55-77 Cross-cultural differences in materialism
by Ger, Guliz & Belk, Russell W.
- 79-114 Listening: A narrative approach to everyday understandings and behavior
by Callahan, Charlene & Elliott, Catherine S.
- 115-125 Remembering the price of wool
by Kemp, Simon & Willetts, Karyn
- 127-144 Pay differentials as a function of rater's sex, money ethic, and job incumbent's sex: A test of the Matthew Effect
by Tang, Thomas Li-Ping
- 145-148 Paradigms and conventions: Uncertainty, decision making and entrepreneurship : Young Back Choi, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, MI, 1993. pp. xi + 184
by Earl, Peter