An exploration of consumer resistance to innovation and its antecedents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keller, Kevin Lane & Staelin, Richard, 1987. " Effects of Quality and Quantity of Information on Decision Effectiveness," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 200-213, September.
- Dowling, Grahame R & Staelin, Richard, 1994. " A Model of Perceived Risk and Intended Risk-Handling Activity," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 119-134, June.
- Ganiere, Pierre & Chern, Wen S. & Hahn, David E. & Chiang, Fu-Sung, 2004. "ï»¿Consumer Attitudes towards Genetically Modified Foods in Emerging Markets: The Impact of Labeling in Taiwan," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 7(03).
- Kolbe, Richard H & Burnett, Melissa S, 1991. " Content-Analysis Research: An Examination of Applications with Directives for Improving Research Reliability and Objectivity," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 243-250, September.
- Holbrook, Morris B & O'Shaughnessy, John, 1988. " On the Scientific Status of Consumer Research and the Need for an Interpretive Approach to Studying Consumption Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 398-402, December.
- Luomala, Harri T. & Laaksonen, Martti, 1999. "A qualitative exploration of mood-regulatory self-gift behaviors," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 147-182, April.
- Campbell, Margaret C & Goodstein, Ronald C, 2001. " The Moderating Effect of Perceived Risk on Consumers' Evaluations of Product Incongruity: Preference for the Norm," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 439-449, December.
- Peter, J Paul & Tarpey, Lawrence X, Sr, 1975. " A Comparative Analysis of Three Consumer Decision Strategies," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 29-37, June.
- Christophe Van den Bulte & Stefan Stremersch, 2004. "Social Contagion and Income Heterogeneity in New Product Diffusion: A Meta-Analytic Test," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 530-544, July.
- Sen, Sankar & Gurhan-Canli, Zeynep & Morwitz, Vicki, 2001. " Withholding Consumption: A Social Dilemma Perspective on Consumer Boycotts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 399-417, December.
- Greenleaf, Eric A & Lehmann, Donald R, 1995. " Reasons for Substantial Delay in Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 186-199, September.
- Midgley, David F & Dowling, Grahame R, 1993. " A Longitudinal Study of Product Form Innovation: The Interaction between Predispositions and Social Messages," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 611-625, March.
- Charles Noussair & StÈphane Robin & Bernard Ruffieux, 2004. "Do Consumers Really Refuse To Buy Genetically Modified Food?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(492), pages 102-120, January.
- Shimp, Terence A & Bearden, William O, 1982. " Warranty and Other Extrinsic Cue Effects on Consumers' Risk Perceptions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 38-46, June.
- Kassarjian, Harold H, 1977. " Content Analysis in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 8-18, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michelsen, Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016.
"Switching from fossil fuel to renewables in residential heating systems: An empirical study of homeowners' decisions in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 95-105.
- Michelsen , Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "Switching from Fossil Fuel to Renewables in Residential Heating Systems: An Empirical Study of Homeowners’ Decisions in Germany," FCN Working Papers 14/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Hans-Jürgen Engelbrecht, 2014. "A general model of the innovation - subjective well-being nexus," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 377-397, April.
- Hoisl, Karin & Stelzer, Tobias & Biala, Stefanie, 2015. "Forecasting technological discontinuities in the ICT industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 522-532.
- Zied Mani & Inès Chouk, 2018. "Les objets connectés dans la banque : quelles implications sur les comportements des consommateurs ?," Working Papers halshs-01678793, HAL.
- Heidenreich, Sven & Kraemer, Tobias, 2015. "Passive innovation resistance: The curse of innovation? Investigating consequences for innovative consumer behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 134-151.
- Hong, Areum & Nam, Changi & Kim, Seongcheol, 2017. "Analysis of the barriers that consumers encounter when smart home service is introduced in South Korea," 14th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, Kyoto 2017: Mapping ICT into Transformation for the Next Information Society 168486, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Laukkanen, Tommi, 2016. "Consumer adoption versus rejection decisions in seemingly similar service innovations: The case of the Internet and mobile banking," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 2432-2439.
- Oktavianus, Jeffry & Oviedo, Helena & Gonzalez, Winiber & Putri, Andriani Pratama & Lin, Trisha T. C., 2017. "Why do Taiwanese young adults not jump on the bandwagon of Pokémon Go? Exploring barriers of innovation resistance," 14th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, Kyoto 2017: Mapping ICT into Transformation for the Next Information Society 168529, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Rixen, Martin & Weigand, Jürgen, 2014. "Agent-based simulation of policy induced diffusion of smart meters," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 153-167.
- Hengstler, Monika & Enkel, Ellen & Duelli, Selina, 2016. "Applied artificial intelligence and trust—The case of autonomous vehicles and medical assistance devices," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 105-120.
- Chen, Peng-Ting & Kuo, Shu-Chen, 2017. "Innovation resistance and strategic implications of enterprise social media websites in Taiwan through knowledge sharing perspective," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 55-69.
- von Rosenstiel, Dirk Peters & Heuermann, Daniel F. & Hüsig, Stefan, 2015. "Why has the introduction of natural gas vehicles failed in Germany?—Lessons on the role of market failure in markets for alternative fuel vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 91-101.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:190-200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petschnig, Martin & Heidenreich, Sven & Spieth, Patrick, 2014. "Innovative alternatives take action – Investigating determinants of alternative fuel vehicle adoption," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 68-83.
- Heidenreich, Sven & Kraemer, Tobias & Handrich, Matthias, 2016. "Satisfied and unwilling: Exploring cognitive and situational resistance to innovations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 2440-2447.
- Rodica IANOLE & Camelia COJOCARU & Cătălin NEDELCEA, 2015. "Drivers And Barriers For Video Technologies Adoption - An Exploratory Analysis On Students," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 9, pages 155-165, December.
- Zied Mani & Inès Chouk, 2018. "Smart banking: Why it's important to take into account consumers' concerns?," Working Papers halshs-01678806, HAL.
- Mirza Hassan Hosseini & Mohsen Delaviz & Hamed Derakhshide & Mojtaba Delaviz, 2016. "Factors Affecting Consumer Resistance to Innovation in Mobile Phone Industry," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(9), pages 497-509, September.
- Giacalone, Davide & Jaeger, Sara R., 2016. "Better the devil you know? How product familiarity affects usage versatility of foods and beverages," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 120-138.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:125:y:2017:i:c:p:334-344 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caroline Gauthier & Corine Genet, 2014. "Nanotechnologies and Green Knowledge Creation: Paradox or Enhancer of Sustainable Solutions?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(4), pages 571-583, November.
- Liao, Shuling & Chou, Cindy Yunhsin & Lin, Tzu-Han, 2015. "Adverse behavioral and relational consequences of service innovation failure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 834-839.
- Claudy, Marius C. & Michelsen, Claus & O'Driscoll, Aidan, 2011. "The diffusion of microgeneration technologies - assessing the influence of perceived product characteristics on home owners' willingness to pay," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1459-1469, March.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation Consumer resistance Focus groups;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:30:y:2009:i:3:p:344-357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.