Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
A. W. Katz
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
Series handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
March 2007, Volume 27, Issue 1
December 2006, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 429-454 It takes two to tango: An empirical tale of distressed firms and assisting banks
by Couwenberg, Oscar & de Jong, Abe
- 455-477 Victim or injurer, small car or SUV: Tort liability rules under role-type uncertainty
by Kim, Jeonghyun & Feldman, Allan M.
- 478-502 The subordination of shareholder loans in bankruptcy
by Gelter, Martin
- 503-518 The development of care technology under liability law
by Endres, Alfred & Bertram, Regina
- 519-535 Judicial precedents in civil law systems: A dynamic analysis
by Fon, Vincy & Parisi, Francesco
- 536-556 On the efficiency of vote buying when voters have common interests
by Neeman, Zvika & Orosel, Gerhard O.
- 557-564 On the employment effect of noncompliance with the minimum wage law
by Yaniv, Gideon
- 565-580 The legal and technological battle in the music industry: Information-push versus information-pull technologies
by Duchene, Anne & Waelbroeck, Patrick
September 2006, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 263-296 Breach remedies, reliance and renegotiation
by Sloof, Randolph & Oosterbeek, Hessel & Riedl, Arno & Sonnemans, Joep
- 297-322 Hazardous-industry restructuring to avoid liability for accidents
by van 't Veld, Klaas
- 323-335 Optimal fines and auditing when wealth is costly to observe
by Polinsky, A. Mitchell
- 336-354 When will judgment proof injurers take too much precaution?
by Dari-Mattiacci, Giuseppe & De Geest, Gerrit
- 355-379 Efficiency and fairness in minority freezeouts: Takeovers, overbidding, and the freeze-in problem
by Maug, Ernst
- 380-394 Formal and relational incentives in a multitask model
by Daido, Kohei
- 395-409 Game-theoretic aspects of international mergers: Theory and case studies
by Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos & Gil-Molto, Maria Jose & Orts, Vicente
- 410-427 Characterization of efficient simple liability rules with multiple tortfeasors
by Jain, Satish K. & Kundu, Rajendra P.
- 427-428 Erratum to "Cigarette advertising regulation: A meta-analysis" [Intl. Rev. Law. Econ. 26 (2006) 195-226]
by Nelson, Jon P.
June 2006, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 143-161 Political allocation of US agriculture disaster payments in the 1990s
by Garrett, Thomas A. & Marsh, Thomas L. & Marshall, Maria I.
- 162-179 A theory of commodity bundling in final product markets: Professor Hirshleifer meets Professor Becker
by McCormick, Robert E. & Shughart II, William F. & Tollison, Robert D.
- 180-194 Conditional versus contingent fees: Litigation expenditure incentives
by Hyde, Charles E.
- 195-226 Cigarette advertising regulation: A meta-analysis
by Nelson, Jon P.
- 227-240 How powerful is arbitration procedure AFOA?
by Zeng, Dao-Zhi
- 241-261 The tradeoffs between retail service and exclusivity in distribution: Welfare and policy implications
by Moner-Colonques, Rafael
March 2006, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-14 Liability insurance, joint tortfeasors and limited wealth
by Winter, Ralph A.
- 15-32 Salvation as a selective incentive
by Klick, Jonathan
- 33-41 Interjurisdictional competition and the allocation of constitutional rights: A research note
by Heine, Klaus
- 42-51 A solution to the problem of nuisance suits: The option to have the court bar settlement
by Rosenberg, David & Shavell, Steven
- 52-55 Twenty-First Annual Conference of the European Association of Law and Economics, Zagreb, Croatia, September 2004
by De Geest, Gerrit & Gomez, Fernando
- 56-66 Two dimensions of regulatory competition
by Parisi, Francesco & Schulz, Norbert & Klick, Jonathan
- 67-87 Defences in negligence: Implications for tortfeasor care
by Young, Robert & Faure, Michael & Fenn, Paul
- 88-103 The use of consumption taxes to re-launch green tax reforms
by Albrecht, Johan
- 104-122 From "tragedy" to "disaster": Welfare effects of commons and anticommons dilemmas
by Vanneste, Sven & Van Hiel, Alain & Parisi, Francesco & Depoorter, Ben
- 123-142 Rent-seeking and fairness: The case of the Reykjavik Savings Bank
by Baldursson, Fridrik Mar
December 2005, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 513-540 Functional Change and Bank Strategy in German Corporate Governance
by Crane, Dwight B. & Schaede, Ulrike
- 541-555 The Role of Panels in Enhancing Legal Predictability
by Whitman, Douglas Glen
- 556-577 Takeover Defenses' Influence on Managerial Incentives
by Rose, Caspar
- 578-591 Duality in Property: Commons and Anticommons
by Parisi, Francesco & Schulz, Norbert & Depoorter, Ben
- 592-603 The Economics of Bail Setting and Social Welfare
by Lim, Boon-Tiong & Quah, Euston & Tan, Khye-Chong
- 604-623 Risk Aversion, Liability Rules, and Safety
by Zivin, Joshua Graff & Just, Richard E. & Zilberman, David
September 2005, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 311-313 Conference on Commercial Law Theory and the Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG)
by Gillette, Clayton P. & Katz, Avery W.
- 314-341 What Sources of Law for Contracts for the International Sale of Goods?: Why One has to Look Beyond the CISG
by Ferrari, Franco
- 342-349 The CISG's Expansion Bias: A Comment on Franco Ferrari
by Walt, Steven
- 350-370 An Ex-Ante View of the Battle of the Forms: Inducing Parties to Draft Reasonable Terms
by Ben-Shahar, Omri
- 371-377 A Comment on `An Ex-Ante View of the Battle of the Forms: Inducing Parties to Draft Reasonable Terms' by Omri Ben-Shahar
by Monti, Alberto
- 378-396 Remedies for Breach of Contract Under the CISG
by Katz, Avery W.
- 397-410 Substantive and Jurisdictional Aspects of International Contract Remedies: A Comment on Avery Katz's "Remedies for Breach of Contract Under the CISG"
by Torsello, Marco
- 411-414 Remedies and the CISG: Another Perspective
by Hillman, Robert A.
- 415-433 Competing Approaches to Force Majeure and Hardship
by Kessedjian, Catherine
- 434-445 Impediments and Hardship in International Sales: A Commentary on Catherine Kessedjian's "Competing Approaches to Force Majeure and Hardship"
by Lookofsky, Joseph
- 446-486 The Political Economy of International Sales Law
by Gillette, Clayton P. & Scott, Robert E.
- 487-500 Towards a Universal Doctrine of Breach of Contract: The Impact of the CISG
by Basedow, Jurgen
- 501-511 A Comment on "Towards a Universal Doctrine of Breach--The Impact of CISG," by Jurgen Basedow
by Bridge, Michael
June 2005, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 143-168 "Whistle Blowing" Regulation and Accounting Standards Enforcement in Germany and Europe--An Economic Perspective
by Schmidt, Matthias
- 169-185 The Information Content of Registered Insider Trading Under Lax Law Enforcement
by Wisniewski, Tomasz P. & Bohl, Martin T.
- 186-208 Police Efficiency in Offences Cleared: An Analysis of English "Basic Command Units"
by Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard
- 209-228 Law and Economics of Obligations
by Schweizer, Urs
- 229-255 Culture, Law, and Corporate Governance
by Licht, Amir N. & Goldschmidt, Chanan & Schwartz, Shalom H.
- 256-263 A Note on Negligence and Collusion-Proof Liability
by Garmon, Christopher
- 264-275 Settlement Pressure
by Heaton, J.B.
- 276-289 The Effects of Taxation on Income-Producing Crimes with Variable Leisure Time
by Tabbach, Avraham D.
- 290-310 Matching Candidates with Academic Teams: A Case for Academic Tenure
by Ferris, J. Stephen & McKee, Michael
March 2005, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-19 The Elimination of Hung Juries: Retrials and Nonunanimous Verdicts
by Neilson, William S. & Winter, Harold
- 20-44 Alcohol, Drugs and Violent Crime
by Markowitz, Sara
- 45-61 Should the Standard of Proof be Lowered to Reduce Crime?
by Ognedal, Tone
- 62-64 Workshop on Law and Economic Development, Hamburg, Germany, January 2004
by Cooter, Robert D. & Raja, Angara & Schafer, Hans-Bernd
- 65-74 Law and Economics in the Tropics: Some Reflections
by Bardhan, Pranab
- 75-88 Formal Markets and Informal Insurance
by Ligon, Ethan
- 89-106 An empirical assessment of the impact of formal versus informal dispute resolution on poverty: A governance-based approach
by Buscaglia, Edgardo & Stephan, Paul B.
- 107-123 International Substitutes for Domestic Institutions: Bilateral Investment Treaties and Governance
by Ginsburg, Tom
- 124-142 Licensing Regimes east and West
by Ogus, Anthony & Zhang, Qing
December 2004, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 405-407 Twentieth Annual Conference of the European Association of Law and Economics, Nancy, France, September 2003
by Deffains, Bruno & Duban, Myriam Doriat
- 409-424 Sentencing private benefits in takeover contest
by At, Christian & Chappe, Nathalie & Morand, Pierre-Henri
- 425-446 Industry-specificities and size of corporations: determinants of ownership structures
by Van der Elst, Christoph
- 447-471 Ex post efficiency of bankruptcy procedures: A general normative framework
by Blazy, Regis & Chopard, Bertrand
- 473-487 On the enforcement of specific performance in Civil Law countries
by Lando, Henrik & Rose, Caspar
- 489-505 The rise and fall of communal liability in ancient law
by Parisi, Francesco & Dari-Mattiacci, Giuseppe
- 507-523 Causality and causation in tort law
by Young, Robert & Faure, Michael & Fenn, Paul
- 525-541 Remedies for damage to property: money damages or restitution in natura?
by Zervogianni, Eleni
September 2004, Volume 24, Issue 3
June 2004, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 125-145 National courts and the European Court of Justice: a public choice analysis of the preliminary reference procedure
by Tridimas, George & Tridimas, Takis
- 147-167 The location of women's prisons and the deterrence effect of "harder" time
by Bedard, Kelly & Helland, Eric
- 169-190 Self-fulfilling impressions of criminality: unintentional race profiling
by Georgakopoulos, Nicholas L.
- 191-207 The volume of federal litigation and the macroeconomy
by Bachmeier, Lance & Gaughan, Patrick & Swanson, Norman R.
- 209-218 The advantage of focusing law enforcement effort
by Lando, Henrik & Shavell, Steven
- 219-225 Corruption and the optimal use of nonmonetary sanctions
by Garoupa, Nuno & Klerman, Daniel
- 227-239 Comparing quality signals as tools of consumer protection: are warranties always better than advertisements to promote higher product quality?
by Noll, Juergen
- 241-254 On the definition and efficiency of punitive damages
by Chu, C.Y. Cyrus & Huang, Chen-Ying
- 255-268 Patent pool enhances market competition
by Kato, Atsushi
March 2004, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-13 Good-faith error and intentional trespassing in adverse possession
by Kim, Jeong-Yoo
- 15-27 Publicity and the optimal punitive damage multiplier
by Yun, John M.
- 29-48 Enforcement costs, optimal sanctions, and the choice between ex-post liability and ex-ante regulation
by Innes, Robert
- 49-69 Precaution, compensation, and threats of sanction: the case of alcohol servers
by Liang, Lan & Sloan, Frank A. & Stout, Emily M.
- 71-88 Government warnings and the information provided by safety regulation
by Calcott, Paul
- 89-105 ecision making in the absence of successful fact finding: theory and experimental evidence on adversarial versus inquisitorial systems of adjudication
by Block, Michael K. & Parker, Jeffrey S.
- 107-119 Legal expenses insurance, risk aversion and litigation
by Heyes, Anthony & Rickman, Neil & Tzavara, Dionisia
December 2003, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 341-344 Nineteenth annual conference of the European Association of Law and Economics Athens, Greece, September 2002
by Depoorter, Ben & Hatzis, Aristides N.
- 345-364 Cooperation in the shadow of regulatory competition: the case of asylum legislation in Europe
by des Places, Segolene Barbou & Deffains, Bruno
- 365-380 The contract theory of patents
by Denicolo, Vincenzo & Franzoni, Luigi Alberto
- 381-403 Opportunistic termination of employment contracts and legal protection against dismissal in Germany and the USA
by Eger, Thomas
- 405-420 Judicial conformity versus dissidence: an economic analysis of judicial precedent
by Harnay, Sophie & Marciano, Alain
- 421-437 Economic analysis and legal pragmatism
by Krecke, Elisabeth
- 439-451 A theory of identification
by Lewisch, Peter
- 453-475 The cost of delegated control: vicarious liability, secondary liability and mandatory insurance
by Mattiacci, Giuseppe Dari & Parisi, Francesco
September 2003, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 227-236 Impact of investor meetings/presentations on share prices, insider trading and securities regulation
by Rose, Caspar
- 237-251 Precautionary incentives for privately informed victims
by Clements, Matthew T.
- 253-259 A note on the optimal punishment for repeat offenders
by Emons, Winand
- 261-272 Threats to sue and cost divisibility under asymmetric information
by Klement, Alon
- 273-284 A note on optimal care by wealth-constrained injurers
by Miceli, Thomas J. & Segerson, Kathleen
- 285-308 An empirical analysis of the standardisation of corporate charter terms: opting out of the duty of care
by Whincop, Michael J.
- 309-321 Limiting court behavior: a case for high minimum sentences and low maximum ones
by Pallage, Stephane & Demougin, Dominique
- 323-339 Safety monitoring, capital structure, and "financial responsibility"
by Feess, Eberhard & Hege, Ulrich
June 2003, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 121-140 Risk, the quality of intermediaries and legal liability in The Netherlands IPO market
by van der Goot, Tjalling
- 141-164 How fast do old judges slow down?: A life cycle study of aging and productivity in the Federal Court of Australia
by Smyth, Russell & Bhattacharya, Mita
- 165-181 "Willingness to award" nonmonetary damages and the implied value of life from jury awards
by Cohen, Mark A. & Miller, Ted R.
- 183-197 Ownership and trade from evolutionary games
by Yee, Kenton K.
- 199-216 The effect of concealed handgun laws on crime: beyond the dummy variables
by Rubin, Paul H. & Dezhbakhsh, Hashem
- 217-225 Law enforcement and criminality: Europe vs. USA
by Demougin, Dominique & Schwager, Robert
March 2003, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-29 Voting control in German corporations
by Becht, Marco & Boehmer, Ekkehart
- 31-47 The design of liability rules for highly risky activities--Is strict liability superior when risk allocation matters?
by Nell, Martin & Richter, Andreas
- 49-62 Transfers, uncertainty and the cost of disruption
by Trimarchi, Pietro
- 63-74 Damage averaging and the formation of class action suits
by Marceau, Nicolas & Mongrain, Steeve
- 75-100 Joint ownership and alienability
by Holderness, Clifford G.
- 101-119 Information, coordination and contractual relations in firms
by Nakhla, Michel
December 2002, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 377-379 Eighteenth Annual Conference of the European Association of Law and Economics, Vienna, Austria, September 2001
by Weigel, Wolfgang & Van den Bergh, Roger
- 381-406 Having the cake and eating it too: efficient penalty clauses in Common and Civil contract law
by Hatzis, Aristides N.
- 407-420 The breach of contract in French law: between safety of expectations and efficiency
by Garello, Pierre
- 421-442 Voting rules in insolvency law: a simple-game theoretic approach
by Braham, Matthew & Steffen, Frank
- 443-463 Insolvency and employment protection: the mixed effects of the Acquired Rights Directive
by Armour, John & Deakin, Simon
- 465-493 Paradoxical effects of law enforcement policies: the case of the illicit drug market
by Poret, Sylvaine
- 495-510 Household dissolution, child care and divorce law
by Bowles, Roger & Garoupa, Nuno
- 511-526 Trade secrets versus Cost Benefit Analysis
by Hofmann, Ekkehard & von Wangenheim, Georg
September 2002, Volume 22, Issue 3
August 2002, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 109-132 Bankruptcy law, asset substitution problem, and creditor conflicts
by Bigus, Jochen
- 133-152 Necessary costs and expenditure incentives under the English rule
by Hyde, Charles E. & Williams, Philip L.
- 153-175 An asymmetric-information model of litigation
by Hylton, Keith N.
- 177-192 The impact of defendant offers into court on negotiation in the shadow of the law: experimental evidence
by Main, Brian G. M. & Park, Andrew
- 193-216 Rent-seeking through litigation: adversarial and inquisitorial systems compared
by Parisi, Francesco
- 217-225 A note on settlements under the contingent fee method of compensating lawyers
by Polinsky, A. Mitchell & Rubinfeld, Daniel L.
July 2002, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-23 The future of capital punishment: determinants of the time from death sentence to execution
by Spurr, Stephen J.
- 25-39 Is the criminal justice system just?
by Goodman, John C. & Porter, Philip
- 41-51 "Over a barrel": contract modification, reliance, and bankruptcy
by Miceli, Thomas J.
- 53-59 On the social desirability of wealth-dependent fine policies
by Niv (Burnovski), Moshe Bar & Safra, Zvi
- 61-80 When both states and markets fail: asymmetric information and the role of NGOs in African health care
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 81-107 Intellectual property and the organization of information production
by Benkler, Yochai
May 2002, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 355-357 Seventeenth Annual Conference of the European Association of Law and Economics, Ghent, Belgium, September 2000
by De Geest, Gerrit & Van den Bergh, Roger J.
- 359-372 Secured debt and the likelihood of reorganization
by Bergstrom, Clas & Eisenberg, Theodore & Sundgren, Stefan
- 373-391 Error minimization and deterrence in agency control
by Lehmann, Markus A.
- 393-412 The new Basle Accord, internal ratings, and the incentives of banks
by Kirstein, Roland
- 413-433 Banking in a theory of the business cycle: a model and critique of the Basle Accord on risk-based capital requirements for banks
by Krainer, Robert E.
- 453-473 Fair use and copyright protection: a price theory explanation
by Depoorter, Ben & Parisi, Francesco
- 475-498 Civil and criminal sanctions against blackmail: an economic analysis
by Gomez, Fernando & Ganuza, Juan-Jose
- 499-519 Ownership of a cultural landmark: The case of Gotha Canal
by Bjuggren, Per-Olof & af Donner, Henrik
September 2001, Volume 21, Issue 3
June 2001, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 135-155 External effects of domestic regulations: comparing internal and international barriers to trade
by Breton, Albert & Salmon, Pierre
- 157-180 Conflict in divorce disputes: the determinants of pretrial settlement
by Farmer, Amy & Tiefenthaler, Jill
- 181-195 Agent's liability versus principal's liability when attitudes toward risk differ
by Privileggi, Fabio & Marchese, Carla & Cassone, Alberto
- 197-211 Collective coherence?
by Brennan, Geoffrey
- 213-231 An economic analysis of plea bargaining: the incentives of the parties in a mixed penal system
by Boari, Nicola & Fiorentini, Gianluca
- 233-249 An analysis of judicial corruption and its causes: An objective governing-based approach
by Buscaglia, Edgardo
March 2001, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-21 The expectation measure, labor contracts, and the incentive to work hard
by De Geest, Gerrit & Siegers, Jacques & Vandenberghe, Ann-Sophie
- 23-46 Crime, coordination, and punishment: An economic analysis
by Jost, Peter-J
- 47-67 Welfare generosity and location choices among new United States immigrants
by Dodson, Marvin E.
- 69-85 Fraud on the market: A relational investment approach
by Yadlin, Omri
- 87-102 Will gun buyback programs increase the quantity of guns?
by Mullin, Wallace P.
- 103-134 Indicators of political liberty, property rights and political instability in South Africa: 1935-97
by Fedderke, J. W. & de Kadt, R. H. J. & Luiz, J. M.
December 2000, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 403-406 16th Annual Conference of the European Association of Law and Economics, Castellanza, Italy, September 1999
by Silva, Francesco & Van den Bergh, Roger J.
- 407-423 Professional cartels and scale fees: chiselling on the celtic fringe?
by Shinnick, Edward & Stephen, Frank H.
- 425-452 The decision to adopt defensive tactics in Italy
by Portolano, Alessandro
- 453-477 Public markets, private orderings and corporate governance
by Pagano, Ugo
- 479-510 Financial intermediation in the securities markets law and economics of conduct of business regulation
by Pacces, Alessio M.
- 511-535 Efficiency of legal restrictions on contracts in the presence of two signals
by Signorotti, Claudio
- 537-549 Economic analysis of the removal of illegal gains
by Bowles, Roger & Faure, Michael & Garoupa, Nuno
- 551-573 Towards an economic theory of unjust enrichment law
by Elkin-Koren, Niva & Salzberger, Eli M.
- 575-575 Erratum to 'On the Joint Use of Liability and Safety Regulation': [International Review of Law and Economics (2000), 20, 371-382]
by Schmitz, P. W.
September 2000, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 315-328 Does jury bias matter?
by Farmer, Amy & Pecorino, Paul
- 329-351 Excess burden of criminality and redistribution
by Demougin, Dominique & Schwager, Robert
- 353-369 Risk sharing, diversification and moral hazard in Roman Palestine evidence from agricultural contract law
by Viswanath, P. V.
- 371-382 On the joint use of liability and safety regulation
by Schmitz, Patrick W.
- 383-394 Deterrence, litigation costs, and the statute of limitations for tort suits
by Miceli, Thomas J.
- 395-401 Palgrave on law & economics:: A review essay
by Parisi, Francesco
June 2000, Volume 20, Issue 2