Allocation of fault in contract law
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Cooter & Ariel Porat, 2004. "Decreasing-Liability Contracts," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 157-197, January.
- Nuno Garoupa, 2009. "Least-Cost Avoidance: The Tragedy of Common Safety," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 235-261, May.
- Marco Alan C. & Van Woerden Adon S. & Woodward Robert M., 2009. "The Problem of Shared Social Cost," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 137-153, April.
- Steven Shavell, 1980. "Damage Measures for Breach of Contract," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 466-490, Autumn.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Ben-Shahar, Omri, 2001. "Precontractual Reliance," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 423-457, Part I Ju.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky, 1980. "Resolving Nuisance Disputes: The Simple Economics of Injunctive and Damage Remedies," NBER Working Papers 0463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsContract law; Breach of contract; Unallocated risk; Strict liability regime; Fault regime; Bilateral care; Unilateral care; Mechanism design; Revelation principle;
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.