Allocation of fault in contract law
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nuno Garoupa, 2009. "Least-Cost Avoidance: The Tragedy of Common Safety," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 235-261, May.
- Marco Alan C. & Van Woerden Adon S. & Woodward Robert M., 2009. "The Problem of Shared Social Cost," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 137-153, April.
- Steven Shavell, 1980. "Damage Measures for Breach of Contract," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 466-490, Autumn.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Ben-Shahar, Omri, 2001. "Precontractual Reliance," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 423-457, Part I Ju.
- Robert Cooter & Ariel Porat, 2004. "Decreasing-Liability Contracts," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 157-197, January.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky, 1980. "Resolving Nuisance Disputes: The Simple Economics of Injunctive and Damage Remedies," NBER Working Papers 0463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsContract law; Breach of contract; Unallocated risk; Strict liability regime; Fault regime; Bilateral care; Unilateral care; Mechanism design; Revelation principle;
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .