European Economic Review
December 1984, Volume 26, Issue 3
1984, Volume 26, Issue 1-2
- 1-11 Production uncertainty and the market equilibrium of the competitive firm
by Beuthe, Michel & Eeckhoudt, Louis & Lefoll, Jean
- 13-32 Economic conflict and the solution of dynamic games
by Brandsma, Andries S. & Hughes Hallett, A. J.
- 33-53 The hidden economy as an 'unobserved' variable
by Frey, Bruno S. & Weck-Hanneman, Hannelore
- 55-71 On the design of bilateral contracts
by Honkapohja, Seppo
- 73-82 Purchasing power parity in the 1920s and the 1970s : A note
by Junge, Georg
- 83-108 Product innovation and employment
by Katsoulacos, Y.
- 109-113 On variability under certainty
by Katz, Eliakim
- 115-133 On the recoverability of risk and time preferences from consumption and asset demands
by Polemarchakis, H. M. & Selden, L.
- 135-152 Capital movements, intersectoral resource shifts and the trade balance
by Razin, Assaf
- 153-166 Adjustment of projections to recent observations
by Sandef, J. & Don, F. J. H. & van den Berg, P. J. C. M.
- 167-185 The economic implications of learning-by-doing for population size and growth
by Simon, Julian L. & Steinmann, Gunter
- 187-201 Rationing macroeconomics : A Graphical Exposition
by Sneessens, H. R.
- 203-208 Complement to 'rationing macroeconomics: A graphical exposition': Aggregate demand and supply
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Peytrignet, Michel
- 209-212 Fixed points of compositions
by Ten Raa, Thijs
- 213-227 Intra-industry trade between the industrial countries and the developing world
by Tharakan, P. K. M.
- 229-245 Energy-capital substitution, wage flexibility and aggregate output supply
by Vinals, Jose M.
- 247-258 Imperfect information and credit market equilibrium
by Webb, David C.
August 1984, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 279-292 A little bit more evidence on the natural rate hypothesis from the U.K
by Bean, Charles R.
- 293-318 A comparison of technology in centrally-planned and market-type economies
by Drabek, Zdenek
- 319-344 A cross section analysis of intra-industry trade in the U.K
by Greenaway, David & Milner, Chris
- 345-354 Three pitfalls in the construction of family-based models of population growth
by Kemp, Murray C. & Leonard, Daniel & Van Long, Ngo
- 355-372 The econometric modelling of aggregate consumer behaviour
by McKenzie, George & Thomas, Stephen
- 373-385 Efficient risk sharing, non-marketable labor income and fixed-wage contracts
by Marcus, Alan J.
- 387-399 Misperceptions, rigidity and welfare
by Persson, Torsten & Svensson, Lars E. O.
July 1984, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 151-182 Materials price increases and aggregate adjustment in an open economy : A Stochastic Approach
by Bhandari, Jagdeep S. & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 183-185 Robinson and Marshall-Lerner conditions with positive import content of exports
by Breuss, Fritz
- 187-212 The international transmission of inflation to a small open economy under fixed exchange rates and highly interest-sensitive capital flows : An Empirical Analysis
by Browne, F. X.
- 213-221 Does inflation uncertainty increase with the level of inflation?
by Bulkley, George
- 223-233 On the relationship between aggregate merger activity and the stock market
by Geroski, P. A.
- 235-238 The break-up of a currency union increases the demand for money
by Honohan, Patrick
- 239-252 Shadow pricing of labour and capital in an economy with unemployed labour
by Marchand, M. & Mintz, J. & Pestieau, P.
- 253-277 Supply shocks and the interdependence of macroeconomic stability under flexible exchange rates
by Ueda, Kazuo
June 1984, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-6 Introduction
by De Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 7-27 Current and anticipated deficits, interest rates and economic activity
by Blanchard, Olivier J.
- 29-32 'Current and anticipated deficits, interest rates and economic activity' by Olivier Blanchard
by Malinvaud, E.
- 33-36 'Current and anticipated deficits, interest rates and economic activity' by Olivier Blanchard
by Marris, Stephen
- 37-64 Does devaluation improve the current account?
by Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Risager, Ole
- 65-68 'Does devaluation improve the current account?' by T. Gylfason and O. Risager
by Frenkel, Jacob A.
- 69-70 'Does devaluation improve the current account?' by T. Gylfason and O. Risager
by de Montbrial, Thierry
- 71-94 The relationship between production and unemployment in Japan : Okun's law in comparative perspective
by Hamada, Koichi & Kurosaka, Yoshio
- 95-98 'The relationship between production and unemployment in Japan Okun's law in comparative perspective' by K. Hamada and Y. Kurosaka
by Haraf, William S.
- 99-105 'The relationship between production and unemployment in Japan Okun's Law in comparative perspective' by K. Hamada and Y. Kurosaka
by Mairesse, Jacques
- 107-141 An econometric model of France during the 19th century
by Bourguignon, F. & Levy-Leboyer, M.
- 143-146 'An econometric model of France during the 19th century' by F. Bourguignon and M. Levy-Leboyer
by Gordon, Robert J.
- 147-148 'An econometric model of France during the 19th century' by F. Bourguignon and M. Levy-Leboyer
by Montbrial, Thierry de
April 1984, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 273-283 On the flexibility of the Rotterdam model
by Byron, R. P.
- 285-289 On the flexibility of the Rotterdam model : A first empirical look
by Barnett, William A.
- 291-307 DUP activities and economic theory
by Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Brecher, Richard A. & Srinivasan, T. N.
- 309-320 Capital mobility and exchange rate overshooting
by Bhandari, Jagdeep S. & Driskill, Robert & Frenkel, Jacob A.
- 321-344 The theory of mixed demand functions
by Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 345-368 The principle of minimum differentiation revisited
by Economides, Nicholas
- 369-381 Can tax cuts beat the Phillips-curve?
by Hersoug, Tor
- 383-400 Income prospects and job mobility : The case of Sweden
by Holmlund, Bertil
- 401-407 Rural-to-urban migration and the shadow wage in LDCs
by Renard, Robrecht
March 1984, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 117-136 A synthesis of the macroeconomic approaches to exchange rate determination
by Ahtiala, Pekka
- 137-150 Complete systems methods of estimating models with rational and adaptive expectations : A case study
by Blake, David
- 151-159 Exchange rate dynamics : The Swiss/U.S. case
by Demery, D.
- 161-164 The secular inflation term in open-economy Phillips curves
by Engel, Charles & Frankel, Jeffrey
- 165-188 Worksharing and factor prices
by Hart, Robert A.
- 189-195 Exchange rate and relative monetary expansions : The case of simultaneous hyperinflation and rational expectations
by Huang, Roger D.
- 197-201 Comment on the specification of structure-performance relationships
by Martin, Stephen
- 203-207 Private disclosure : Is honesty enough?
by De Mesa, David
- 209-223 True indexes and rational habit formation
by Philips, Louis & Spinnewyn, Frans
- 225-237 Intersectoral transfer of labour in a small open economy
by Steigum, Erling Jr.
- 239-256 The inequality of actual incomes and earning capacities between households in Europe
by Van Weeren, Hans & Van Praag, Bernard M. S.
- 257-270 Consumers with differing reaction speeds, scale advantages and industry structure
by Wernerfelt, Birger
1984, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-21 Competing wage claims, cost inflation, and capacity utilization
by Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Lindbeck, Assar
- 23-37 Inflation and nominal tax system in an open economy
by Huber, Gerard
- 39-59 The effect of market conduct on international steam coal trade
by Kolstad, Charles D. & Abbey, David S.
- 61-82 Estimating labor supply and production decisions of self-employed farm producers
by Lopez, Ramon E.
- 83-101 From small to large : A systematic comparison of gradually more complex econometric models
by Lybeck, Johan A. & Carlsson, Evert
- 103-111 On linear models with rational expectations which admit a unique solution
by Broze, L. & Szafarz, A.
- 113-115 On linear models with rational expectations : An addendum
by Visco, Ignazio
September 1983, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 261-280 A theory of current account and exchange rate determinations
by Aizenman, Joshua
- 281-290 An analysis of the implications of omitting variables from the monetary growth equation in a model of real output and unanticipated money growth
by Attfield, C. L. F.
- 291-297 Shock treatment for inflation : A note on optimal policy in a Buiter/Miller model
by Driffill, E. J.
- 299-314 Money, activity and prices : Some inter-country evidence
by Fitzgerald, M. Desmond & Pollio, Gerald
- 315-327 Estimation of portfolio-balance functions that are mean-variance optimizing : The mark and the dollar
by Frankel, Jeffrey A.
- 329-337 The family of inverse demand systems
by Huang, Kuo S.
- 339-358 How should commodities be taxed? : Market structure, product heterogeneity and the optimal structure of commodity taxes
by Kay, J. A. & Keen, M. J.
- 359-394 Feles: The functionalized extended linear expenditure system : Theory, estimation procedures and application to individual household consumption expenditures involving socioeconomic and sociodemographic characteristics
by Merz, Joachim
- 395-400 The consumer's demand for diversity
by Theil, Henri & Finke, Renate
1983, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 149-160 Money balances as factor inputs : An empirical evidence based on translog specification
by Apostolakis, Bobby
- 161-194 Dynamic energy demand models with latent equipment
by Carlevaro, Fabrizio & Spierer, Charles
- 195-201 Credit rationing as a (temporary) suboptimal equilibrium with imperfect information
by Chateau, John Peter D.
- 203-215 Industry structure and trade policy under fluctuating import prices
by Donnenfeld, Shabtai & Strebel, Paul
- 217-222 Monopoly versus competition : The learning by doing case
by Fershtman, Chaim & Spiegel, Uriel
- 223-230 Collective fineness of stock prices and efficiency of financial markets
by John, Kose
- 231-239 Substitution in consumption : An application to the allocation of time
by Kesenne, Stefan
- 241-251 A simple portfolio allocation model of financial wealth
by Taylor, John C. & Clements, Kenneth W.
- 253-256 On the specification of structure-performance relationships : A comment
by Clarke, R.
- 257-259 On the specification of structure-performance relationships : A reply
by Sawyer, Malcolm
September 1983, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-17 The three regimes of the IS-LM model : A non-Walrasian analysis
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 19-32 Devaluation, long-term contracts and rational expectations
by Burton, David
- 33-54 On the effectiveness of monetary and fiscal policies in a Keynesian model
by Chetty, V. K. & Lahiri, A. K.
- 55-58 A note on Walrasian equilibria in non-Walrasian models
by Ellis, Christopher J.
- 59-69 Consensus, dissension and ideology among economists in various European countries and in the United States
by Frey, Bruno S. & Ginsburgh, Victor & Pestieau, Pierre & Pommerehne, Werner W. & Schneider, Friedrich
- 71-98 Rationing in an open economy : Fix-price equilibrium and two-gap models
by Gunning, J. W.
- 99-101 A proposition on short-run departures from the law-of-one-price : An extension
by Marquez, Jaime
- 103-116 Changes in income distribution and welfare from greater immigration of unskilled workers
by Mutti, John & Gerking, Shelby
- 117-139 Crowding out in an inflationary open economy : The Italian case
by Padoa Schioppa, Fiorella
- 141-148 A re-examination of Verdoorn's law and its application to the manufacturing industries of the UK, West Germany and the USA
by Turner, R. E.
1983, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 257-264 Currency-related risk and risk premium in the world's currency market
by Agmon, Tamir & Arad, Ruth
- 265-276 An export model for the Belgian industry
by Bauwens, Luc & d'Alcantara, Gonzague
- 277-296 The relevance of input substitution in the inter-industry model
by Bonnici, Josef
- 297-304 On the frequency of wage indexation
by Danziger, Leif
- 305-329 Fixed-price equilibria in a two-country model of trade : Existence and comparative statics
by Laussel, Didier & Montet, Christian
- 331-350 A dynamic macroeconomic model with monopolistic behavior in the labor market
by Michel, Philippe & Padoa Schioppa, Fiorella
- 351-362 The distribution approach to the aggregation of putty-clay production functions
by Muysken, Joan
- 363-372 Income distribution functions with disturbances
by Ransom, Michael R. & Cramer, Jan S.
- 373-404 A geometric approach to disequilibrium exchange rate fluctuations : The case of Switzerland
by Ritschard, Gilbert & Royer, Daniel
July 1983, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 117-137 Gasoline demand in the OECD : An application of pooling and testing procedures
by Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M.
- 139-146 On an absolute measure of distributional change
by Berrebi, Z. M. & Silber, Jacques
- 147-166 On the impact of shock persistence on the dynamics of a recursive economy
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B. & Mehra, Rajnish
- 167-176 Micro-economic applications of marginal changes in risk
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Hansen, Pierre
- 177-191 The cost-output relationship of banks revisited
by Goldschmidt, Amnon
- 193-218 The demand for money in secular perspective : The case of Norway, 1867-1980
by Klovland, Jan Tore
- 219-226 Capacity constraints, alternative technologies and input-output analysis
by Lahiri, Sajal
- 227-256 Interpreting income distributions in a welfare state : The case of Sweden
by Lindbeck, A.
June 1983, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-2 A strategic approach to market competition
by d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis & Jaskold Gabszewick, Jean
- 3-31 Preemption, leapfrogging and competition in patent races
by Fudenberg, Drew & Gilbert, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph & Tirole, Jean
- 33-57 A model of oligopolistic size structure and profitability
by Selten, Reinhard
- 59-74 Profit-sharing in a collusive industry
by Osborne, Martin J. & Pitchik, Carolyn
- 75-96 Product differentiation, prices, and market structure
by Kawashima, Yasuo
- 97-115 Breeding and raiding: A theory of strategic production of skills
by Guasch, J. Luis & Sobel, Joel
May 1983, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 261-285 An aggregate monetary model of the world economy
by Beenstock, M. & Dicks, G. R.
- 287-298 Demand for international money 1962-1977
by Alec Chrystal, K. & Wilson, Nigel D. & Quinn, Philip
- 299-312 Cost prices and partially fixed factor proportions in energy substitution
by Conrad, Klaus
- 313-331 OPEC: Retrospective and prospects 1973-1990
by Gately, Dermot
- 333-362 Recent trends in trade among developing countries
by Havrylyshyn, Oli & Wolf, Martin
- 363-379 'Trade shocks' in economies importing only intermediate goods
by Plaut, Steven E.
- 381-390 Determinants of U.S. direct investment in the E.E.C. : Revisited
by Scaperlanda, Anthony & Balough, Robert S.
- 391-393 Determinants of U.S. direct investment in the E.E.C. : Revisited again
by Lunn, John
1983, Volume 21, Issue 1-2
- 1-9 Introduction
by De Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 11-39 Wage rigidity and unemployment in OECD countries
by Grubb, David B. & Jackman, Richard & Layard, Richard
- 41-44 'Wage rigidity and unemployment in OECD countries' by D. Grubb et al
by Bismut, Claude
- 45-49 'Wage rigidity and unemployment in OECD countries' by D. Grubb et al
by Taylor, John B.
- 51-76 The past decade's natural rate and the dynamics of german unemployment: A case against demand policy?
by Franz, Wolfgang
- 77-82 Comments
by Gerfin, Harald
- 83-87 'The Past Decade's Natural Rate and the Dynamics of German Unemployment: A Case Against Demand Policy?' by W. Franz
by Gordon, Robert J.
- 89-119 Comparing productivity growth: An exploration of french and U.S. industrial and firm data
by Griliches, Zvi & Mairesse, Jacques
- 121-123 'Comparing productivity growth: an exploration of french and U.S. industrial and firm data' by Z. Griliches and J. Mairesse
by Baily, Martin Neil
- 125-127 'Comparing Productivity Growth: An Exploration of French and U.S. Industrial and Firm Data' by Z. Griliches and J. Mairesse
by Bruno, Michael
- 129-151 Domestic saving and international capital movements in the long run and the short run
by Feldstein, Martin
- 153-156 'Domestic saving and international capital movements in the long run and the short run' by M. Feldstein
by Tobin, James
- 157-159 'Domestic saving and international capital movements in the long run and the short run' by M. Feldstein
by Westphal, Uwe
- 161-189 Exchange rates, inflation, and the sterilization problem: Germany, 1975-1981
by Obstfeld, Maurice
- 191-195 'Exchange rates, inflation, and the sterilization problem: Germany, 1975-1981' by M. Obstfeld
by Bockelmann, Horst
- 197-202 'Exchange rates, inflation, and the sterilization problem: Germany, 1975-1981' by M. Obstfeld
by Jacob, A. Frenkel
- 203-250 Inflation, financial and fiscal structure, and the monetary mechanism
by Papademos, Lucas & Modigliani, Franco
- 251-256 'Inflation, financial and fiscal structure, and the monetary mechanism' by L. Papademos and F. Modigliani
by Goodhart, Charles A.E.
- 257-259 'Inflation, financial markets, fiscal structure, and the monetary mechanism' by L. Papademos and F. Modigliani
by Melitz, Jacques
January 1983, Volume 20, Issue 1-3
- 1-11 The size of the lifetime excess burden of a tax
by Shah, Anup
- 13-21 Peak load pricing under periodic and stochastic supply
by Lioukas, Spyros K.
- 23-40 On optimality and time consistency when expectations are rational
by Holly, S. & Zarrop, M. B.
- 41-57 The effects of age and unemployment percentage on the duration of unemployment: Evidence from aggregate data
by Kooreman, Peter & Ridder, Geert
- 59-78 Expenditure function estimates of the efficiency and distributive impact of indirect taxes in the United Kingdom
by Dodgson, John S.
- 79-94 The benefits and costs of the deferral of U.S. Taxes on retained earnings of controlled foreign corporations
by Rousslang, Don & Pelzman, Joseph
- 95-121 Engel curves and systems of demand functions
by Aasness, Jorgen & Rodseth, Asbjorn
- 123-141 Variance-minimizing monetary policies with lagged price adjustment and rational expectations
by Green, Jerry R. & Honkapohja, Seppo
- 143-166 Occupational mobility in Australia: A quantitative approach
by Williams, Lynne S.
- 167-192 On the choice between capital import and labor export
by Hamilton, Carl & Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 193-215 A macroeconomic rationing model of the belgian economy
by Sneessens, H. R.
- 217-229 On the disaggregation of excess demand functions when prices and aggregate income vary independently
by Polemarchakis, H. M.
- 231-256 Industrial conflicts and economic conditions: A comparative empirical investigation
by Paldam, Martin
- 257-269 Tests of restrictions in large demand systems
by Bewley, R. A.
- 271-287 The demand for cars and gasoline: A simultaneous approach
by Tishler, Asher
- 289-310 Negative international transmission of economic expansion
by Corden, W. Max & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 311-318 Disaggregation of excess demand under additive separability
by Polemarchakis, H. M.
- 319-332 Exchange rates and food in the European Community
by Katseli, Louka T.
- 333-348 Directors' remuneration in the theory of the firm: Specification and testing of the null hypothesis
by Cubbin, John & Hall, Graham
- 349-363 Formation of inflation expectations in the U.K.: Pitfalls in the use of the error-learning model
by Severn, Alan K.
- 365-379 On the quantitative significance of imperfect information
by Carruth, Alan
- 381-394 The allocative efficiency of government expenditure: Some comparative tests
by Dunne, J. P. & Smith, R. P.
1982, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 159-179 A general framework for the analysis of preference variation
by Schokkaert, Erik
- 181-212 Government policy, real wage resistance and the resolution of conflict
by van der Ploeg, Rick
- 213-228 Approximately monetary equilibrium in overlapping generations economy
by Okuno, Masahiro & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 229-244 Real and monetary approaches to foreign trade adjustment mechanisms in centrally planned economies
by Reconciliation, A & Brada, Josef C.
- 245-258 Stationary keynesian equilibria
by Dehez, Pierre
- 259-276 Factor price changes, technical efficiency, and revenue requirements regulation
by Baron, David P. & De Bondt, Raymond R.
- 277-287 A generalized model of induced input innovation
by Fixler, Dennis J. & Ben-Zion, Uri
- 289-303 Unanticipated money, output and prices in Greece
by Alogoskoufis, George S.
- 305-327 Employment in a monopolistic firm
by van Loon, Paul J.J.M.
- 329-342 The equilibrium configuration of pure risk sharing contracts in markets with diverse transactors
by Zusman, Pinhas
- 343-356 On the economics of subscriptions
by Glazer, Amihai & Hassin, Refael
- 357-386 Taxation, growth, and resource extraction: A general equilibrium approach
by Sinn, Hans-Werner
- 387-394 International flow of manufactures purchasing power based analysis
by Sharma, Bankey L.
- 395-396 The possible shapes of the production possibility curve under cobb-douglas production function: A Comment
by Minabe, Nubuo
1982, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-2 Market power and efficiency
by d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold
- 3-23 The M-form: Industrial groups, American style
by Chandler, Alfred Jr.
- 25-51 Organizational efficiency and monopoly power : The case of French industrial groups
by Encaoua, David & Jacquemin, Alexis
- 53-70 Business groups in a market economy
by Goto, Akira
- 71-87 Vertical integration and transaction-specific sunk costs
by Kleindorfer, Paul & Knieps, Gunter
- 89-121 A normative approach to industrial-performance evaluation and concentration indices
by Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David & Weymark, John A.
- 123-143 Oligopoly and welfare : A unified presentation with applications to trade and development
by Dixit, Avinash & Stern, Nicholas
- 145-158 Simultaneous equations models of the structure-performance paradigm
by Geroski, P. A.
1982, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 1-10 Introduction
by Menil, Georges De & Gordon, Robert J.
- 11-33 Simulating an oil shock with sticky prices
by Giavazzi, Francesco & Odekon, Mehmet & Wyplosz, Charles
- 35-36 'Simulating an oil shock with sticky prices' by Giavazzi et al
by Flemming, John S.
- 37-39 'Simulating an oil shock with sticky prices' by Giavazzi et. al
by Krugman, Paul