Inverse demand systems and choice of functional form
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Mark G & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Seale, James L, Jr, 1995. "A Family of Inverse Demand Systems and Choice of Functional Form," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 519-30.
- Ray, Ranjan, 1985. "Specification and time series estimation of dynamic Gorman Polar Form demand systems," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 357-374.
- Theil, Henri & Shonkwiler, J. S., 1986. "Monte Carlo tests of autocorrelation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 157-160.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-33, March.
- Davidson, R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1997.
"Bootstrap Testing in Nonlinear Models,"
97a39, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1983. "Testing the specification of multivariate models in the presence of alternative hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 301-313, December.
- Barten, A. P. & Bettendorf, L. J., 1989. "Price formation of fish : An application of an inverse demand system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1509-1525, October.
- Eales, James S. & Unnevehr, Laurian J., 1994. "The inverse almost ideal demand system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 101-115, January.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1998. "The Silence Bleating! of the Lambdas: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 221-230.
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- Mountain, Dean C, 1988. "The Rotterdam Model: An Approximation in Variable Space," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 477-84, March.
- Eales, James S., 1994. "The Inverse Lewbel Demand System," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-83, June.
- Deaton, Angus S, 1978. "Specification and Testing in Applied Demand Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 524-36, September.
- Pesaran, M H & Deaton, Angus S, 1978. "Testing Non-Nested Nonlinear Regression Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 677-94, May.
- Pollak, Robert A. & Wales, Terence J., 1991.
"The likelihood dominance criterion : A new approach to model selection,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 227-242, February.
- Pollak, R.A. & Wales, T.J., 1990. "The Likelihood Dominance Criterion: A New Approach To Model Selection," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 90-10, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Pollak, R.A. & Wales, T.J., 1990. "The Likelihood Dominance Criterion: A New Approach To Model Selection," Working Papers 90-10, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Christensen, Laurits R. & Manser, Marilyn E., 1977. "Estimating U.S. consumer preferences for meat with a flexible utility function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 37-53, January.
- Diewert, W E, 1971. "An Application of the Shephard Duality Theorem: A Generalized Leontief Production Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 481-507, May-June.
- Simmons, Peter & Weiserbs, Daniel, 1979. "Translog Flexible Functional Forms and Associated Demand Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 892-901, December.
- Barten, Anton P, 1993. "Consumer Allocation Models: Choice of Functional Form," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 129-58.
- Pesaran, M. H., 1982. "On the comprehensive method of testing non-nested regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 263-274, February.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1989. "Nesting the AIDS and Translog Demand System," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 349-56, May.
- Quandt, Richard E, 1974. "A Comparison of Methods for Testing Nonnested Hypotheses," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(1), pages 92-99, February.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Barnett, William A, 1979. "Theoretical Foundations for the Rotterdam Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 109-30, January.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Khaled, Mohammed S, 1979. "Parametric Productivity Measurement and Choice among Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1220-45, December.
- Holt, Matthew T., 1998. "Autocorrelation specification in singular equation systems: A further look," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 135-141, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:46:y:2002:i:1:p:117-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.