A spatial tax harmonization model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "Interstate commodity tax differentials and the distribution of residents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 435-457, March.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1990.
"Tax harmonization and tax competition in Europe,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2-3), pages 489-504, May.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1990. "Tax Harmonization and Tax Competition in Europe," NBER Working Papers 3248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1990. "Tax harmonization and tax competition in Europe," Munich Reprints in Economics 19846, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ohsawa, Yoshiaki, 1999. "Cross-border shopping and commodity tax competition among governments," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Christiansen, Vidar, 1994. " Cross-Border Shopping and the Optimum Commodity Tax in a Competitive and a Monopoly Market," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(3), pages 329-341.
- Gordon, Roger H. & Bo Nielsen, Soren, 1997. "Tax evasion in an open economy:: Value-added vs. income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 173-197, November.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Eichenberger, Reiner, 1996. "To harmonize or to compete? That's not the question," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 335-349, June.
- Andreas Haufler, 1996.
"Tax coordination with different preferences for public goods: Conflict or harmony of interest?,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(1), pages 5-28, January.
- Haufler, Andreas, 1996. "Tax Coordination with Different Preferences for Public Goods: Conflict or Harmony of Interest?," Munich Reprints in Economics 20392, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peralta, Susana & van Ypersele, Tanguy, 2006.
"Coordination of capital taxation among asymmetric countries,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 708-726, November.
- PERALTA, Susana & van YPERSELE, Tanguy, 2002. "Coordination of capital taxation among Asymmetric countries," CORE Discussion Papers 2002032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PERALTA, Susana & VAN YPERSELE, Tanguy, 2006. "Coordination of capital taxation among asymmetric countries," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1971, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Peralta, Susana & van Ypersele, Tanguy, 2003. "Coordination of Capital Taxation Among Asymmetric Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 3695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aiura, Hiroshi & Ogawa, Hikaru, 2013.
"Unit tax versus ad valorem tax: A tax competition model with cross-border shopping,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 30-38.
- Hikaru Ogawa & Hiroshi Aiura, 2012. "Unit Tax versus Ad Valorem Tax: A Tax Competition Model with Cross-border Shopping," ERSA conference papers ersa12p428, European Regional Science Association.
- László Paizs, 2013.
"Asymmetric competition in the setting of diesel excise taxes in EU countries,"
Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 63(4), pages 423-450, December.
- Laszlo Paizs, 2010. "Asymmetric Competition in the Setting of Diesel Excise Taxes in EU Countries," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1012, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Mehmet Serkan Tosun & Mark Skidmore, 2005.
"Cross-Border Shopping and the Sales Tax: A Reexamination of Food Purchases in West Virginia,"
Working Paper 2005-07, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Mark Skidmore & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2005. "Cross-Border Shopping and the Sales Tax: A Reexamination of Food Purchases in West Virginia," Working Papers 05-07, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- repec:rri:wpaper:200507 is not listed on IDEAS
- Braid, Ralph M., 2013. "State and local tax competition in a spatial model with sales taxes and residential property taxes," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 57-67.
- Paizs, László, 2009.
"Gázolaj-jövedékiadó verseny az Európai Unióban
[Fiscal competition on the market for diesel fuel in the European Union]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 216-238.
- Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael & Winner, Hannes, 2005. "Commodity taxation in a 'linear' world: a spatial panel data approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 527-541, September.
- Davis, Lucas W., 2011. "The Effects of Preferential Vat Rates Near International Borders: Evidence From Mexico," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 64(1), pages 85-104, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:47:y:2003:i:3:p:443-459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.