The costs of uncoordinated regulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilbert, Richard J., 1989.
"Mobility barriers and the value of incumbency,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 475-535
- Gilbert, Richard, 1988. "Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt52q9j63w, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Richard J. Gilbert., 1988. "Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency," Economics Working Papers 8895, University of California at Berkeley.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Gilbert, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1983. "Strategic Considerations in Invention and Innovation: The Case of Natural Resources," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1439-1448, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Dasgupta, Partha, 1981. " Market Structure and Resource Extraction under Uncertainty," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(2), pages 318-333.
- Palmer, Karen & Burtraw, Dallas, 1997.
"Electricity restructuring and regional air pollution,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 139-174, March.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen, 1996. "Electricity Restructuring and Regional Air Pollution," Discussion Papers dp-96-17, Resources For the Future.
- Newbery, David M & Pollitt, Michael G, 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatization of Britain's CEGB--Was It Worth It?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 269-303, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E. & Dasgupta, Partha, 1982. "Market structure and resource depletion: A contribution to the theory of intertemporal monopolistic competition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 128-164, October.
- Jeremy Bulow, 1986. "An Economic Theory of Planned Obsolescence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 729-749.
- Groot, Fons & Withagen, Cees & de Zeeuw, Aart, 2003.
"Strong time-consistency in the cartel-versus-fringe model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 287-306, November.
- Groot, A.M. & Withagen, C.A.A.M. & de Zeeuw, A.J., 1996. "Strong Time-Consistency in the Cartel-versus-Fringe Model," Discussion Paper 1996-22, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Groot, F. & Withagen, C.A.A.M. & de Zeeuw, A.J., 2003. "Strong time-consistency in the cartel-versus-fringe model," Other publications TiSEM 5ba46a2e-d763-4a8c-939b-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Partha Dasgupta & Richard J. Gilbert & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1982. "Invention and Innovation Under Alternative Market Structures: The Case of Natural Resources," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 567-582.
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 174-177, March.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1981. "Resource Depletion under Technological Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 85-104, January.
- E. Douglas Beach & Gerald A. Carlson, 1993. "A Hedonic Analysis of Herbicides: Do User Safety and Water Quality Matter?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(3), pages 612-623.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1981. " Resource Pricing and Technological Innovations under Oligopoly: A Theoretical Exploration," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(2), pages 289-317.
- Gilbert, Richard J & Newbery, David M G, 1982. "Preemptive Patenting and the Persistence of Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 514-526, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyle Rozema & Nicolas Ziebarth, 2015.
"Behavioral Responses to Taxation: Cigarette Taxes and Food Stamp Take-Up,"
150015, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Rozema, Kyle & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2015. "Behavioral Responses to Taxation: Cigarette Taxes and Food Stamp Take-Up," IZA Discussion Papers 8907, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Timo Goeschl & Timothy Swanson, 2003. "On Biology and Technology: The Economics of Managing Biotechnologies," Working Papers 2003.42, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ana Espinola-Arredondo & Boying Liu, 2014. "The Impact of Environmental Taxes on Firm’s Technology and Entry Decisions," Working Papers 2014-4, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Timo Goeschl & Timothy Swanson, 2002. "The Social Value of Biodiversity for R&D," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(4), pages 477-504, August.
- Dario Mock & Grischa Perino, 2008. "Wasting innovation: barriers to entry and European regulation on waste electronic equipment," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 1-10, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:46:y:2002:i:1:p:143-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.