Why shops close again: An evolutionary perspective on the deregulation of shopping hours
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Kosfeld, M., 1999. "Why Shops Close Again : An Evolutionary Perspective on the Deregulation of Shopping Hours," Research Memorandum 776, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morrison, Steven A & Newman, Robert J, 1983. "Hours of Operation Restrictions and Competition among Retail Firms," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 107-114, January.
- Blume Lawrence E., 1995.
"The Statistical Mechanics of Best-Response Strategy Revision,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 111-145, November.
- Lawrence Blume, 1993. "The Statistical Mechanics of Best-Response Strategy Revision," Game Theory and Information 9307001, EconWPA, revised 26 Jan 1994.
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, July.
- Ellison, Glenn, 1993. "Learning, Local Interaction, and Coordination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1047-1071, September.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Weibull, J., 1998.
"Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs,"
1998-94, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Weibull, Jörgen W. & van Damme, Eric, 1998. "Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs," Working Paper Series 501, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Eric Van Damme & Jorgen W Weibull, 1999. "Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2113, David K. Levine.
- Karin Halk & Uwe Christian Täger, 1998. "Verbraucher begrüßen neue Ladenöffnungszeiten," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 51(23), pages 03-11, October.
- Ferris, J Stephen, 1990.
"Time, Space, and Shopping: The Regulation of Shopping Hours,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 171-187, Spring.
- Stephen J. Ferris, 1988. "Time, Space And Shopping: The Regulation Of Shopping Hours," Carleton Industrial Organization Research Unit (CIORU) 88-06, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:501 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blume Lawrence E., 1993.
"The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 387-424, July.
- L. Blume, 2010. "The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction," Levine's Working Paper Archive 488, David K. Levine.
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Matsui, Akihiko, 1991. "Cheap-talk and cooperation in a society," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 245-258, August.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1982. "A new theory of retailing costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 163-186.
- de Meza, David, 1984. "The Fourth Commandment: Is it Pareto Efficient?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 379-383, June.
- Gordon Tullock, 1975. "The Transitional Gains Trap," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 671-678, Autumn.
- Michael Kosfeld, 2002.
"Stochastic strategy adjustment in coordination games,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(2), pages 321-339.
- Kosfeld, M., 1999. "Stochastic Strategy Adjustment in Coordination Games," Research Memorandum 775, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kandori, Michihiro & Mailath, George J & Rob, Rafael, 1993.
"Learning, Mutation, and Long Run Equilibria in Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 29-56, January.
- Kandori, M. & Mailath, G.J., 1991. "Learning, Mutation, And Long Run Equilibria In Games," Papers 71, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - John M. Olin Program.
- M. Kandori & G. Mailath & R. Rob, 1999. "Learning, Mutation and Long Run Equilibria in Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 500, David K. Levine.
- Clemenz, Gerhard, 1990. "Non-sequential consumer search and the consequences of a deregulation of trading hours," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1323-1337, November.
- Kay, J A & Morris, C N, 1987. "The Economic Efficiency of Sunday Trading Restrictions," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 113-129, December.
- John Moorhouse, 1984. "Is Tullock correct about Sunday closing laws?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 197-203, January.
- Kim, Yong-Gwan & Sobel, Joel, 1995.
"An Evolutionary Approach to Pre-play Communication,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1181-1193, September.
- Kim, Y.G. & Sobel, J., 1993. "An Evolutionary Approach to Pre-Play Communication," Working Papers 93-02, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Gerhard CLEMENZ, 1990. "Competition Via Shopping Hours: A Case For Regulation?," Vienna Economics Papers vie9005, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Tanguay, Georges & Vallee, Luc & Lanoie, Paul, 1995. "Shopping Hours and Price Levels in the Retailing Industry: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(3), pages 516-524, July.
- Thum, Marcel & Weichenrieder, Alfons, 1997. "'Dinkies' and Housewives: The Regulation of Shopping Hours," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 539-559.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Inderst, Roman & Irmen, Andreas, 2005. "Shopping hours and price competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1105-1124, July.
- Raskovich, Alexander, 2007. "Ordered bargaining," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1126-1143, October.
- Xiao, Tiaojun & Yu, Gang, 2006. "Supply chain disruption management and evolutionarily stable strategies of retailers in the quantity-setting duopoly situation with homogeneous goods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 173(2), pages 648-668, September.
- Samuel de Haas & Daniel Herold & Jan T. Schaefer, 2017. "Shopping hours and entry - An empirical analysis of Aldi's opening hours," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201751, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Tobias Wenzel, 2010. "Liberalization of Opening Hours with Free Entry," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11, pages 511-526, November.
- Javier de la Ballina Ballina & Rodolfo Vázquez, 2015. "El papel de las bluelaws en los modelos de evolución de los for¬matos comerciales," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 213(2), pages 63-82, June.
- Alexander Raskovich, 2006. "Ordered Bargaining," EAG Discussions Papers 200610, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
More about this item
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:46:y:2002:i:1:p:51-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .