The Fourth Commandment: Is it Pareto Efficient?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Costabile, Lilia, 1983. "Natural Prices, Market Prices and Effective Demand in Malthus," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 144-170, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Inderst, Roman & Irmen, Andreas, 2005. "Shopping hours and price competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1105-1124, July.
- Elbert Dijkgraaf & Raymond Gradus, 2007. "Explaining Sunday Shop Policies," De Economist, Springer, vol. 155(2), pages 207-219, June.
- Kosfeld, Michael, 2002.
"Why shops close again: An evolutionary perspective on the deregulation of shopping hours,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 51-72, January.
- Kosfeld, M., 1999. "Why Shops Close Again : An Evolutionary Perspective on the Deregulation of Shopping Hours," Research Memorandum 776, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Tobias Wenzel, 2011.
"Deregulation of Shopping Hours: The Impact on Independent Retailers and Chain Stores,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(1), pages 145-166, March.
- Wenzel, Tobias, 2010. "Deregulation of shopping hours: The impact on independent retailers and chain stores," DICE Discussion Papers 03, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Svetoslav Danchev & Christos Genakos, 2015.
"Evaluating the Impact of Sunday Trading Deregulation,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1336, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Danchev, Svetoslav & Genakos, Christos, 2015. "Evaluating the impact of Sunday trading deregulation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61156, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Samuel de Haas & Daniel Herold & Jan T. Schaefer, 2017. "Shopping hours and entry - An empirical analysis of Aldi's opening hours," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201751, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Hyewon Kim & Hiroaki Sandoh, 2015. "Socially Optimal Service hours with Special Offers," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 15-11, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune, 2006. "Service hours with asymmetric distributions of ideal service time," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 763-771, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:94:y:1984:i:374:p:379-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.