European Economic Review
July 1989, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 1205-1226 Exchange-rate dynamics under gradual portfolio and commodity-price adjustment
by Karacaoglu, Girol & Ursprung, Heinrich W.
- 1227-1239 Broken symmetry, symmetry, and price uncertainty : Or, short and long-run comparative statics of the competitive firm
by Paris, Quirino
- 1241-1264 Exchange rate uncertainty and foreign trade
by Peree, Eric & Steinherr, Alfred
- 1265-1277 Rules and discretion in trade policy
by Staiger, Robert W. & Tabellini, Guido
- 1279-1282 Terms of trade shocks and domestic prices under tariffs and quotas : A note
by Anam, Mahmudul
- 1283-1288 On the notion of time-consistency : A comment
by Wohltmann, Hans-Werner & Kromer, Wolfgang
May 1989, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 897-901 Introduction
by De Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 903-933 Political and economic determinants of budget deficits in the industrial democracies
by Roubini, Nouriel & Sachs, Jeffrey D.
- 934-938 Comments 'political and economic determinants of budget deficits in the industrial democracies' by N. Roubini and J.D. Sachs
by Gordon, Robert J.
- 939-956 The effect of the stock market on investment: a comparative study
by Mullins, Mark & Wadhwani, Sushil B.
- 956-959 Comments 'the effect of the stock market on investment: a comparative study' by M. Mullins and S.B. Wadhwani
by Fischer, Stanley
- 959-961 Comments 'the effect of the stock market on investment: a comparative study' by M. Mullins and S.B. Wadhwani
by Hamada, Koichi
- 963-988 Comparative estimates of a macroeconomic disequilibrium model: France, Germany, the U.K. and the U.S.A
by Laroque, Guy
- 989-993 Comments 'comparative estimates of a macroeconomic disequilibrium model: France, Germany, the U.K. and the U.S.A.' by Guy Laroque
by Rotemberg, Julio J.
- 993-995 Comments 'comparative estimates of a macroeconomic disequilibrium model: France, Germany, the U.K. and the U.S.A.' by Guy Laroque
by Waelbroeck, Jean
- 997-1023 An analysis of female labor supply, housing demand and the saving rate in Japan
by Yoshikawa, Hiroshi & Ohtaka, Fumio
- 1023-1026 Comments 'an analysis of female labor supply, housing demand and the saving rate in Japan' by Hiroshi Yoshikawa and Fumio Ohtake
by Dekle, Robert
- 1027-1030 Comments 'an analysis of female labor supply, housing demand and the saving rate in Japan' by Hiroshi Yoshikawa and Fumio Ohtake
by Mairesse, Jacques
- 1031-1046 Differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates
by Krugman, Paul
- 1047-1049 Comments 'differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates' by Paul Krugman
by Iwata, Kazumasa
- 1050-1054 Comments 'differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates' by Paul Krugman
by Schatz, Klaus-Werner
- 1055-1079 On the international capital ownership pattern at the turn of the twenty-first century
by Hamada, Koichi & Iwata, Kazumasa
- 1080-1083 Comments 'on the international capital ownership pattern at the turn of the twenty-first century' by Koichi Hamada and Kazumasa Iwata
by Basevi, Giorgio
- 1083-1085 Comments 'on the international capital ownership pattern at the turn of the twenty-first century' by Koichi Hamada and Kazumasa Iwata
by Krugman, Paul
April 1989, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 663-685 A privately revealing rational expectations equilibrium for the futures market
by Demers, Fanny & Demers, Michel
- 687-705 Monetary, nominal income and exchange rate targets in a small open economy
by Alogoskoufis, George S.
- 707-719 Market efficiency with combinable products
by Anderson, S. P. & Neven, D. J.
- 721-735 Non-traded and intermediate goods and the theory of protection
by Batra, Raveendra N. & Naqvi, Nadeem
- 737-760 A microeconomic analysis of the timing of births
by Cigno, Alessandro & Ermisch, John
- 761-781 Exchange-rate management viewed as tax policies
by Frenkel, Jacob A. & Razin, Assaf
- 783-796 Unemployment, profit-sharing and Japan's economic success
by Fung, K. C.
- 797-805 Individual morality and reputation costs as deterrents to tax evasion
by Gordon, James P. P.
- 807-823 Adverse selection and moral hazard with risk neutral agents
by Guesnerie, Roger & Picard, Pierre & Rey, Patrick
- 825-838 Economic performance of flexible functional forms: A correction and comment
by Kittelsen, Sverre A. C.
- 839-843 The profitability of forward currency speculation by central banks: A comment
by Longworth, David
- 845-862 The perceived distribution of job characteristics
by Renes, Gusta & Hagenaars, Aldi
- 863-893 A disequilibrium model with smooth regime transitions and a keynesian spillover for switzerland's labor market
by Stalder, Peter
March 1989, Volume 33, Issue 2-3
- 203-203 Introduction
by Sutton, John
- 205-223 Observation in macroeconomic theory building
by Malinvaud, Edmond
- 225-249 The paradoxes of economic history: Economic laws and history
by Bairoch, Paul
- 251-276 Facts and ideas in microeconomic theory
by Hildenbrand, Werner
- 277-285 Asymmetric information, financial markets, and financial institutions Where are we currently going?
by Hellwig, Martin
- 286-293 The financial structure of the firm and the problem of control
by Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick
- 294-301 The strategic analysis of intermediation
by Yanelle, Marie-Odile
- 303-309 Monetary and fiscal policy in an open economy with or without policy coordination
by Cohen, Daniel
- 310-320 Asymmetry in the EMS: Intentional or systemic?
by Wyplosz, Charles
- 321-324 Time series and cross sectional studies of industrial structure
by Phlips, Louis
- 325-334 Economic growth and the life-cycle of firms
by King, Mervyn
- 335-344 Endogenous sunk costs and the structure of advertising intensive industries
by sutton, John
- 345-354 Economic consequences of an aging population
by Bo[dieresis]s, Dieter & von Weizsa[dieresis]cker, Robert K.
- 355-366 Unemployment consequences of an aging population: An application of insider-outsider theory
by Pissarides, Christopher A.
- 367-376 Can we afford to grow older? Population aging and social security
by Creedy, John & Disney, Richard
- 377-388 Demographic change and income distribution
by von Weizsa[dieresis]cker, Robert K.
- 389-394 Introduction
by Westerga[ring]rd-Nielsen, Niels
- 395-406 Female participation and male unemployment duration in Greece: Evidence from the labour force survey
by Meghir, Costas & Ioannides, Yannis & Pissarides, Christopher
- 407-415 Youth unemployment duration from the Italian labour force survey: Accuracy issues and modelling attempts
by Torelli, Nicola & Trivellato, Ugo
- 416-425 Job search and youth unemployment Analysis of Swedish data
by Albrecht, James W. & Holmlund, Bertil & Lang, Harald
- 427-438 Remonetisation and capital markets in the reform of centrally planned economies
by Nuti, Domenico Mario
- 439-447 Capital market and the problem of full employment
by Brus, Wlodzimierz & Laski, Kazimierz
- 448-455 Goals and conditions in setting up a stock market in Hungary, 1988
by Jarai, Zsigmond
- 456-465 Capital markets, management takeovers and creation of new firms in a reformed self-managed economy Some lessons from the Nova Gorica (Yugoslavia) experiment
by Vahcic, Ales
- 466-471 Economic reforms, international capital flows and the development of the domestic capital market in CPEs
by Portes, Richard
- 473-479 Trade policy under imperfect competition Theoretical ambiguities -- empirical regularities?
by Norman, Victor D.
- 480-489 Tariffs, subsidies and retaliation
by Gasiorek, Michael & Smith, Alasdair & Venables, Anthony J.
- 491-493 Introductory remarks
by Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold
- 494-502 An insolent founding father
by De Ville, Philippe & Menard, Claude
- 503-514 Cournot and the oligopoly problem
by Vives, Xavier
- 515-522 Cournot, A great forerunner of mathematical economics
by Gary-Bobo, Robert
- 523-529 Introduction
by Klevmarken, N. Anders
- 530-536 The analysis of labor market mobility using panel data
by Hujer, Reinhard & Schneider, Hilmar
- 537-546 Potentials and pitfalls of panel data The case of job mobility
by Bjo[dieresis]rklund, Anders
- 547-555 The effects of liquidity constraints on consumption Estimation from household panel data
by Alessie, Rob & Kapteyn, Arie & Melenberg, Bertrand
- 557-563 Seigniorage: Old and new policy issues Introduction
by Spaventa, Luigi
- 564-572 Money, time preference and external balance
by Weil, Philippe
- 573-579 Public debt and implicit taxes The Portuguese experience
by de Macedo, Jorge Braga & Sebastiao, Manuel
- 580-587 Exchange rates and seigniorage
by Grilli, Vittorio
- 589-596 European perspectives on the shadow economy
by Smith, Stephen
- 597-604 Second economy in state socialism: Past experience and future prospects The case of Hungary
by Gabor, Istva'n R.
- 605-617 Honesty is sometimes the best policy
by Cowell, F.A.
- 619-624 Some theoretical considerations
by Dasgupta, Partha
- 625-634 Repeated games Some applications to under-cutting and harassment in the labour market
by Sabourian, Hamid
- 635-644 Biological games
by Hammerstein, Peter
- 645-646 Minutes of the third general assembly
by Phlips, Louis
January 1989, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-12 Pareto-improving indirect tax harmonisation
by Keen, Michael
- 31-50 Business cycles in Switzerland : A comparative study
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Girardin, Michel
- 51-57 The ratchet principle : A multi-period flexible incentive scheme
by Darvish, Tikva & Kahana, Nava
- 59-65 Intertemporal equilibrium and disadvantageous growth
by Donsimoni, M. P. & Polemarchakis, H. M.
- 67-88 Information as a substitute for inventories
by Dudley, Leonard & Lasserre, Pierre
- 89-110 How 'natural' is Canada's high unemployment rate?
by Fortin, Pierre
- 111-126 Interrelated factor demands for manufacturing: A dynamic translog cost function approach
by Holly, Sean & Smith, Peter
- 127-142 International labour migration under alternative informational regimes: A diagrammatic analysis
by Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded
- 143-158 A quadratic quasi Cobb-Douglas extension of the multi-input CES formulation
by Mountain, Dean C.
- 159-167 Firm size and optimal growth rates
by Segal, Uzi & Spivak, Avia
- 169-180 Wage premia, price-cost margins and bargaining power in Belgian manufacturing
by Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 181-194 Aggregate inventory behavior in large European economies
by Wilkinson, Maurice
November 1988, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 1699-1710 The role of comparative costs for determining inter- and intra-industry trade with developing countries
by Lundberg, Lars
- 1711-1729 A global model of OECD aggregate supply and demand using vector autoregressive techniques
by Ahmed, Ehsan & Rosser, J. Jr. & Sheehan, Richard G.
- 1731-1746 Firm behavior and the externalities of technological leadership
by Bental, Benjamin & Fixler, Dennis
- 1747-1767 The real exchange rate, the capital stock, and fiscal policy
by Giovannini, Alberto
- 1769-1776 Optimal dynamic investment policy under financial restrictions and adjustment costs
by Kort, Peter M.
- 1777-1795 Aid and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: The recent experience
by Levy, Victor
- 1797-1816 A model of the labour market with some Marxian and Keynesian features
by Manning, Alan
- 1817-1838 The collapse of the fixed exchange rate regime with sticky wages and imperfect substitutability between domestic and foreign bonds
by Willman, Alpo
October 1988, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 1569-1584 International chaos?
by Frank, Murray & Gencay, Ramazan & Stengos, Thanasis
- 1585-1601 The equity-productivity tradeoff: : Public school resources in Brazil
by Behrman, Jere R. & Birdsall, Nancy
- 1603-1619 Money, output and prices: : An empirical study using long-term cross country data
by Duck, Nigel W.
- 1621-1636 Exchange rate policy, wage formation and credibility
by Horn, Henrik & Persson, Torsten
- 1637-1643 Extremal configurations for optimal prevention and damage control
by Justman, Moshe & Mehrez, Abraham
- 1645-1660 Unemployment expectations and human capital formation
by Kodde, David A.
- 1661-1669 Preemption in R&D races
by Lippman, Steven A. & McCardle, Kevin F.
- 1671-1687 Sequential entry, industry structure and welfare
by Vives, Xavier
September 1988, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 1419-1420 Competition in the European internal market : An introduction
by d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis & Gabszewicz, Jean-Jaskold
- 1421-1437 The determinants of intra-European trade in manufactured goods
by Balassa, Bela & Bauwens, Luc
- 1439-1449 International trade and integration of the European Community : An econometric analysis
by Jacquemin, Alexis & Sapir, Andre
- 1451-1475 The formation of the European Common Market and changes in market structure and performance
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Yamawaki, Hideki
- 1477-1499 Completing the European internal market : Some notes on trade policy
by Winters, L. Alan
- 1501-1525 Completing the internal market in the European Community : Some industry simulations
by Smith, Alasdair & Venables, Anthony J.
- 1527-1546 Price, quality and welfare effects of European VERs on Japanese autos
by Melo, Jaime de & Messerlin, Patrick A.
- 1547-1565 Optimal trade policy under oligopoly : A calibrated model of the Europe-Japan rivalry in the EEC car market
by Laussel, Didier & Montet, Christian & Peguin-Feissolle, Anne
- 1567-1568 Corrigendum to 'A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, III, Cournot Competition' (vol. 31, no. 4)
by Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean
July 1988, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 1191-1211 Dynamics of real interest differentials : An empirical investigation
by Modjtahedi, Bagher
- 1213-1226 Nonlinear taxes and labor supply
by Blomquist, N. Soren
- 1227-1241 Industrial output and factor input determination in an econometric model of a small open economy
by Bradley, John & Fitzgerald, John
- 1243-1259 Ranking alternative share contracts under rational expectations
by Butler, Alison & Ellis, Christopher J.
- 1261-1283 Granger-causality, real factor prices and employment: A re-appraisal with UK data
by Drobny, Andres & Gausden, Robert
- 1285-1299 Economic optimization and technical efficiency in Soviet enterprises jointly regulated by plans and incentives
by Rosefielde, Steven & Pfouts, Ralph W.
- 1301-1318 Budget share demographic translation and the aggregate almost ideal demand system
by Rossi, Nicola
- 1319-1333 Effects of shorter hours on employment in disequilibrium models
by Toedter, Karl-Heinz
- 1349-1357 A dynamic singular equation system of asset demand
by Zietz, Joachim & Weichert, Ronald
- 1359-1368 The effects of foreign exchange risk and return on the demand for domestic balances
by Zilberfarb, Ben-Zion
- 1369-1374 Labour turnover cost and the curious properties of the mobile capital Harris-Todaro model
by Batra, Raveendra N. & Lahiri, Sajal
- 1375-1383 Manipulation of endowments in replica economies : An example
by Haller, Hans
- 1385-1392 International borrowing and exhaustible resources : Note on a liquidity creditworthiness conflict
by Mohr, Ernst
June 1988, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 1031-1048 The international monetary system : An analysis of alternative regimes
by Miller, Marcus H. & Williamson, John
- 1048-1051 The international monetary system: An analysis of alternative proposals : Marcus H. Miller and John Williamson
by Fischer, Stanley
- 1051-1054 The international monetary system: An analysis of alternative regimes : Marcus H. Miller and John Williamson
by Oudiz, Gilles
- 1055-1075 The advantage of tying one's hands : EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility
by Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco
- 1075-1077 The advantage of tying one's hands: EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility : Francesco Giavazzi and Marco Pagano
by Begg, David K. H.
- 1077-1082 The advantage of tying one's hands: EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility : Francesco Giavazzi and Marco Pagano
by Obstfeld, Maurice
- 1083-1114 Political vs. currency premia in international real interest differentials : A study of forward rates for 24 countries
by Frankel, Jeffrey A. & MacArthur, Alan T.
- 1114-1118 Political vs. currency premia in international real interest rate differentials : Jeffrey A. Frankel and Alan T. MacArthur
by Shapiro, Matthew D.
- 1119-1121 Political vs. currency premia in international real interest rate differentials : Jeffrey A. Frankel and Alan T. MacArthur
by Branson, W. H.
- 1123-1147 The worldwide change in the behavior of interest rates and prices in 1914
by Barsky, Robert B. & Mankiw, N. Gregory & Miron, Jeffrey A. & Weill, David N.
- 1147-1150 The worldwide change in the behavior of interest rates and prices in 1914 : R.B. Barsky, N.G. Mankiw, J.A. Miron and D.N. Weil
by Basevi, Giorgio
- 1150-1154 The worldwide change in the behavior of interest rates and prices in 1914 : R. Barsky, G. Mankiw, J. Miron and D. Weil
by Stockman, Alan C.
- 1155-1162 Price rigidity, international mobility of financial capital and exchange rate volatility
by Orosel, Gerhard O.
- 1162-1164 Price rigidity, international mobility of financial capital and exchange rate volatility : Gerhard Orosel
by Miller, Marcus H.
- 1165-1165 Price rigidity, international mobility of financial capital and exchange rate volatility : Gerhard O. Orosel
by Dumas, Bernard
- 1167-1183 New issues in corporate finance
by Mayer, Colin
- 1183-1186 New issues in corporate finance : Colin Mayer
by Mankiw, N. Gregory
- 1187-1189 New issues in corporate finance : Colin Mayer
by Barroux, Yves
April 1988, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 775-817 Regulation or deregulation of the labour market : Policy regimes for the recruitment and dismissal of employees in the industrialised countries
by Emerson, Michael
- 819-840 Tax reform and housing demand : The distribution of welfare gains and losses
by Brownstone, David & Englund, Peter & Persson, Mats
- 841-860 Organizational adjustment and institutional factors in Japanese labour market adjustment: An empirical evaluation
by Brunello, Giorgio
- 861-883 Modelling parallel markets in centrally planned economies : The case of the automobile market in Poland
by Charemza, Wojciech & Gronicki, Miroslaw & Quandt, Richard E.
- 885-904 The locational determinants of direct investments among industrialized countries
by Culem, Claudy G.
- 905-925 Innovative strategic groups in multinational industries
by De Bondt, Raymond & Sleuwaegen, Leo & Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 927-945 Intra industry trade and the shifting of protection across sectors
by Greenaway, David & Milner, Chris
- 947-963 The returns to labour services in West German manufacturing industry
by Hart, Robert A. & McGregor, Peter G.
- 965-976 How big is the shadow economy? : A re-analysis of the unobserved-variable approach of B.S. Frey and H. Weck-Hannemann
by Helberger, Christof & Knepel, Helmut
- 977-997 Wage formation in norwegian manufacturing: An empirical application of a theoretical bargaining model
by Hoel, Michael & Nymoen, Ragnar
- 999-1011 Normal costs and demand effects in price setting : A study of retailing
by Nooteboom, Bart & Kleijweg, Aad & Thurik, Roy
- 1013-1017 The econometric modelling of aggregate consumer behaviour : A comment
by Kim, H. Youn
- 1019-1024 Climate equivalence scales : An application of a general method
by Van Praag, Bernard M. S.
March 1988, Volume 32, Issue 2-3
- 227-227 Introduction
by Wyplosz, Charles
- 229-231 Opening remarks
by Hoffmeyer, Erik
- 233-267 Individual freedom and reform of the socialist economy
by Kornai, Janos
- 269-294 Freedom of choice : Concept and content
by Sen, Amartya
- 295-318 Individual freedom and welfare state policy
by Lindbeck, Assar
- 319-324 Introduction
by Atkinson, A. B. & Leape, J. I.
- 325-333 The 1986 US tax reform and the world capital market
by Sinn, Hans Werner
- 334-342 A general equilibrium analysis of the 1986 tax reform in Spain
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Noyola, Pedro Javier & Manresa, Antonio & Polo, Clemente & Sancho, Ferran
- 343-352 What do we learn about tax reform from international comparisons? France and Britain
by Atkinson, A. B. & Bouguignon, F. & Chiappori, P. A.
- 353-362 Autonomy through cooperation
by Dreze, Jacques H.
- 363-371 Real exchange rate behavior under alternative international monetary regimes : Interwar evidence
by Eichengreen, Barry
- 372-381 Monetary cooperation and liberalization of capital movements in the european monetary system
by Basevi, Giorgio
- 382-387 Incentives to fix the exchange rate
by Giavazzi, Francesco
- 389-397 Endogenous fluctuations under rational expectations
by Chiappori, Pierre Andre & Guesnerie, Roger
- 398-407 Coordination and business cycles
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 409-414 Introduction : Recent theories on public enterprise economies
by Bos, Dieter
- 415-421 Industries with private and public enterprises
by Ruys, Pieter H. M.
- 422-431 INefficiency, public enterprise and privatisation
by Rees, Ray
- 432-441 Technical performance in public enterprises : A comparative study of railways and postal services
by Perelman, Sergio & Pestieau, Pierre
- 443-450 Economic growth and efficiency : A comparative efficiency approach
by Klacek, Jan
- 451-458 The gerschenkron phenomenon and systemic factors in the post-1975 growth slowdown
by Gomulka, Stanislaw
- 459-464 Competitive valuation and efficiency of capital investment in the socialist economy
by Nuti, D. M.
- 465-472 Regulation of privatised firms in Britain
by Vickers, John & Yarrow, George
- 473-481 Regulation as an adverse selection problem : An introduction to the literature
by Guesnerie, Roger
- 482-490 The privatisation process in France and the U.K
by Jenkinson, Tim & Mayer, Colin
- 491-494 Introductory remarks
by Sandmo, Agnar
- 495-502 From macrodynamics to macroeconomic planning : A basic shift in Ragnar Frisch's thinking?
by Andvig, Jens Christopher
- 503-511 Knut Wicksell's unpublished manuscripts : A first glance
by Jonung, Lars
- 512-518 Fiscal policy in denmark 1930-1945
by Topp, Niels-Henrik
- 519-532 An introduction and a broad survey
by Persson, Torsten
- 533-541 Macroeconomic policy games with incomplete information : A survey
by Driffill, John
- 542-550 Credibility and politics
by Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido
- 551-560 Cooperative agreements in R&D and European antitrust policy
by Jacquemin, Alexis
- 561-568 Vertical restraints and producers' competition
by Rey, Patrick & Stiglitz, Joseph
- 569-577 Potential competition, actual competition, and economic welfare
by Dasgupta, P. & Stiglitz, J. E.
- 578-590 Price discrimination in spatial competitive markets
by Anderson, Simon P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois