The Indian Public Distribution System as provider of food security: Evidence from child nutrition in Andhra Pradesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2001.
"Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 795-813, September.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment," NBER Working Papers 7860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Srinivasan, T. N., 1988. "Distributional consequences of rural food levy and subsidized urban rations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 141-159, January.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Bouis, Howarth E. & Haddad, Lawrence J., 1992. "Are estimates of calorie-income fxelasticities too high? : A recalibration of the plausible range," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 333-364, October.
- Ahluwalia, Deepak, 1993. "Public distribution of food in India : Coverage, targeting and leakages," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 33-54, February.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1986. "Evaluating the Effects of Optimally Distributed Public Programs: ChildHealth and Family Planning Interventions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 470-482, June.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1987. "Will Developing Country Nutrition Improve with Income? A Case Study for Rural South India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 492-507, June.
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 2000.
"Unnatural Experiments? Estimating the Incidence of Endogenous Policies,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(467), pages 672-694, November.
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1994. "Unnatural Experiments? Estimating the Incidence of Endogenous Policies," NBER Working Papers 4956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Radhakrishna, R. & Subbarao, K., 1997. "India's Public Distribution System. A National and International Perspective," World Bank - Discussion Papers 380, World Bank.
- von Braun, Joachim & Puetz, Detlev & Webb, Patrick, 1989. "Irrigation technology and commercialization of rice in the Gambia: effects on income and nutrition," Research reports 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pitt, Mark M & Rosenzweig, Mark R & Gibbons, Donna M, 1993. "The Determinants and Consequences of the Placement of Government Programs in Indonesia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 319-348, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gillespie, Stuart & Harris, Jody & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2012. "The Agriculture-Nutrition Disconnect in India: What Do We Know?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1187, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kattumuri, Ruth, 2011. "Food security and the targeted public distribution system in India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38365, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2010. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," NBER Working Papers 16102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yu, Wusheng & Bandara, Jayatilleke S., 2014. "India’s grain security policy in the era of high food prices: a computable general equilibrium analysis," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182694, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Klonner, Stefan & Oldiges , Christian, 2014. "Safety Net for India's Poor or Waste of Public Funds? Poverty and Welfare in the Wake of the World's Largest Job Guarantee Program," Working Papers 0564, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Gadenne, Lucie, 2018. "Do Ration Shop Systems Increase Welfare? Theory and an Application to India," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1149, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sudha Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber, 2015.
"Social safety nets for food and nutritional security in India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2015-031, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sudha Narayanan, 2016. "Social Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," Working Papers id:8758, eSocialSciences.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gerber, Nicolas, 2016. "Social Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," Working Papers 229611, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Andaleeb Rahman, 2015. "Universal Food Security Program and Nutritional Intake: Evidence from the Hunger Prone KBK Districts in Odisha," Working Papers id:6925, eSocialSciences.
- Prasad Krishnamurthy & Vikram Pathania & Sharad Tandon, 2017.
"Food Price Subsidies and Nutrition: Evidence from State Reforms to India’s Public Distribution System,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(1), pages 55-90.
- Krishnamurthy, Prasad & Pathania, Vikram & Tandon, Sharad, 2014. "Food Price Subsidies and Nutrition: Evidence from State Reforms to India's Public Distribution System," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169753, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Acosta, Pablo, 2006. "Labor supply, school attendance, and remittances from international migration : the case of El Salvador," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3903, The World Bank.
- Nolan Miller & Robert Jensen, 2015. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," Working Papers id:7494, eSocialSciences.
- Yu, Wusheng & Bandara, Jayatilleke S, 2015. "India’s Grain Security Policy in the Era of High Food Prices: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211863, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Achintya Ray, 2006. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures With Public Transfers," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(3), pages 1-8.
- Sharma, Vijay Paul, 2012. "Food Subsidy in India: Trends, Causes and Policy Reform Options," IIMA Working Papers WP2012-08-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2008. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," CID Working Papers 160, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Jensen, Robert T. & Miller, Nolan, 2008. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," Working Paper Series rwp08-025, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Shimokawa, Satoru, 2010. "Nutrient Intake of the Poor and its Implications for the Nutritional Effect of Cereal Price Subsidies: Evidence from China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1001-1011, July.
- Andaleeb Rahman, 2015. "Universal food security program and nutritional intake: Evidence from the hunger prone KBK districts in Odisha," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2015-015, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Anirban Mitra & Shabana Mitra & Arnab Mukherji, 2017. "Cash for Votes: Evidence from India," Studies in Economics 1711, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Kelkar, Vijay & Shah, Ajay, 2011. "Indian social democracy: The resource perspective," Working Papers 11/82, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Sudha Narayanan Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber, 2016. "Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," FOODSECURE Working papers 37, LEI Wageningen UR.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2006:i:3:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Effectiveness of food subsidies in raising healthy food consumption: Public distribution of pulses in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1523, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Afridi, Farzana, 2017. "Governance and Public Service Delivery in India," IZA Discussion Papers 10856, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:555-572 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:49:y:2005:i:5:p:1305-1330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.