Competition between insurers with superior information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Winand Emons, 1997. "Credence Goods and Fraudelent Experts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(1), pages 107-119, Spring.
- Mark N. Hertzendorf & Per Baltzer Overgaard, 2001. "Price Competition and Advertising Signals: Signaling by Competing Senders," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 621-662, December.
- In-Koo Cho & David M. Kreps, 1987. "Signaling Games and Stable Equilibria," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 179-221.
- M.- C. Fagart, 1996.
"Compagnies d'assurance informées et équilibre sur le marché de l'assurance,"
THEMA Working Papers
96-26, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Fagart, M.C., 1996. "Companies d'assurance informees et equilibre sur le marche de l'assurance," Papers 9626, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- David Hemenway, 1990. "Propitious Selection," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(4), pages 1063-1069.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adriani, Fabrizio & Deidda, Luca G., 2011.
"Competition and the signaling role of prices,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 412-425, July.
- Adriani, Fabrizio & Deidda, Luca, 2008. "Competition and the signaling role of prices," MPRA Paper 16108, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- LG Deidda & F. Adriani, 2010. "Competition and the signaling role of prices," Working Paper CRENoS 201012, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Martimort, David, 2015.
"Pessimistic information gathering,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 75-96.
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2015. "Pessimistic information gathering," Post-Print halshs-01156552, HAL.
- Deryugina, Tatyana, 2012. "Does Selection in Insurance Markets Always Favor Buyers?," MPRA Paper 53583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georges Dionne & Casey Rothschild, 2014. "Economic Effects of Risk Classification Bans," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 39(2), pages 184-221, September.
- Philip Bond & David K. Musto & Bilge Yilmaz, 2008. "Predatory mortgage lending," Working Papers 08-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- S. Hun Seog, 2009. "Insurance Markets With Differential Information," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(2), pages 279-294.
- Rothschild, Casey G., 2009. "Adverse selection in annuity markets: Evidence from the British Life Annuity Act of 1808," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(5-6), pages 776-784, June.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Martimort, David, 2015. "Pessimistic information gathering," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 75-96.
- Ross Tippit, 2014. "Lender deception as a response to moral hazard," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 59-77, September.
- Georges Dionne & Nathalie Fombaron & Neil Doherty, 2012. "Adverse Selection in Insurance Contracting," Cahiers de recherche 1231, CIRPEE.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Martimort, David, 2013. "Hidden Action or Hidden Information? How Information Gathering Shapes Contract Design," CEPR Discussion Papers 9552, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:49:y:2005:i:2:p:321-340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.