Predatory mortgage lending
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David de Meza & David C. Webb, 1987. "Too Much Investment: A Problem of Asymmetric Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 281-292.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2006.
"Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 505-540.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2005. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," NBER Working Papers 11755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laibson, David I. & Gabaix, Xavier, 2006. "Shrouded Attributes, Consumer Myopia, and Information Suppression in Competitive Markets," Scholarly Articles 4554333, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bostic, Raphael W. & Engel, Kathleen C. & McCoy, Patricia A. & Pennington-Cross, Anthony & Wachter, Susan M., 2008. "State and local anti-predatory lending laws: The effect of legal enforcement mechanisms," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 47-66.
- Stefano DellaVigna & Ulrike Malmendier, 2004.
"Contract Design and Self-Control: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 353-402.
- Malmendier, Ulrike M. & Della Vigna, Stefano, 2003. "Contract Design and Self Control: Theory and Evidence," Research Papers 1801, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Morgan, Donald P., 2007. "Defining and detecting predatory lending," Staff Reports 273, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M, 1991. "The Failure of Competition in the Credit Card Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 50-81, March.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1996. "Optimal Debt Structure and the Number of Creditors," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 1-25, February.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 2004.
"Asymmetric information, bank lending and implicit contracts: the winner's curse,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 11-23, March.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1998. "Asymmetric Information, Bank Lending and Implicit Contracts : The Winner's Curse," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9809, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Gregory Elliehausen & Michael E. Staten, 2004. "Regulation of Subprime Mortgage Products: An Analysis of North Carolina's Predatory Lending Law," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 411-433, December.
- Roman Inderst & Holger M. Mueller, 2006. "Informed Lending and Security Design," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2137-2162, October.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Spindt, Paul A., 1989. "How investment bankers determine the offer price and allocation of new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 343-361.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5356 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Ezra Friedman & Robert Marquez, 1999. "Adverse Selection as a Barrier to Entry in the Banking Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(3), pages 515-534, Autumn.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard & Milgrom, Paul R. & Weber, Robert J., 1983. "Competitive bidding and proprietary information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 161-169, April.
- Ho, Giang & Pennington-Cross, Anthony, 2006.
"The impact of local predatory lending laws on the flow of subprime credit,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 210-228, September.
- Giang Ho & Anthony Pennington-Cross, 2006. "The impact of local predatory lending laws on the flow of subprime credit," Working Papers 2006-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Manove, Michael & Padilla, A Jorge & Pagano, Marco, 2001. "Collateral versus Project Screening: A Model of Lazy Banks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 726-744, Winter.
- Robert Hauswald & Robert Marquez, 2006. "Competition and Strategic Information Acquisition in Credit Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 967-1000.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Payne & Tammy Huffman Ph.D, 2012. "Minimizing predatory lending: Designing a long-term compensation structure to minimize the actions of opportunistic mortgage brokers," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 2(5), pages 8-19, October.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Amromin, Gene & Ben-David, Itzhak & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Evanoff, Douglas D., 2014.
"Predatory lending and the subprime crisis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 29-52.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Ben-David, Itzhak & Amromin, Gene & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Evanoff, Douglas D., 2012. "Predatory Lending and the Subprime Crisis," Working Paper Series 2012-08, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Sumit Agarwal & Gene Amromin & Itzhak Ben-David & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Douglas D. Evanoff, 2013. "Predatory Lending and the Subprime Crisis," NBER Working Papers 19550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:82:y:2017:i:c:p:165-179 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bayer & Fernando Ferreira & Stephen L. Ross, 2014.
"Race, Ethnicity and High Cost Mortgage Lending,"
2014-36, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Patrick Bayer & Fernando Ferreira & Stephen L. Ross, 2014. "Race, Ethnicity and High-Cost Mortgage Lending," NBER Working Papers 20762, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Bayer & Francisco Ferreira & Stephen L. Ross, 2014. "Race, Ethnicity and High Cost Mortgage Lending," Working Papers 2014-023, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Berndt, Antje & Hollifield, Burton & Sandås, Patrik, 2017. "What Broker Charges Reveal about Mortgage Credit Risk," Working Paper Series 336, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Ming Pu & Gang-Zhi Fan & Yongheng Deng, 2014. "Breakeven Determination of Loan Limits for Reverse Mortgages under Information Asymmetry," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 492-521, April.
- Murizah Osman Salleh & Aziz Jaafar & M. Shahid Ebrahim, 2011. "The Inhibition of Usury (Riba An-Nasi'ah) and the Economic Underdevelopment of the Muslim World," Working Papers 11002, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Christine L. Dobridge, 2016. "For Better and for Worse? Effects of Access to High-Cost Consumer Credit," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-056, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eugene Amromin & Jennifer Huang & Clemens Sialm & Edward Zhong, 2010. "Complex mortgages," Working Paper Series WP-2010-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Benetton, Matteo & Gavazza, Alessandro, 2017.
"The role of prepayment penalties in mortgage loans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 165-179.
- Beltratti, Andrea E & Benetton, Matteo & Gavazza, Alessandro, 2015. "The Role of Prepayment Penalties in Mortgage Loans," CEPR Discussion Papers 10504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Michael Collins, 2014. "Protecting Mortgage Borrowers through Risk Awareness: Evidence from Variations in State Laws," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 124-146, March.
- repec:eee:juecon:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:62-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jevgenijs Steinbuks & Gregory Elliehausen, 2014. "The Economic Effects of Legal Restrictions on High-Cost Mortgages," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 47-72, July.
- M. Shahid Ebrahim & Seema Makhdoomi & Mustapha Sheikh, 2012. "The Political Economy and the Perennial Underdevelopment of the Muslim World," Working Papers 12011, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
More about this item
KeywordsPredatory lending Mortgages Subprime;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:94:y:2009:i:3:p:412-427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.