European Economic Review
May 1992, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 915-924 Big effects of small interventions: The informational role of intervention in exchange rate policy
by Klein, Michael W.
- 925-943 Dominant interest and inflation differentials within the EMS
by Koedijk, Kees G. & Kool, Clemens J. M.
- 945-962 Retail pricing and the costs of clearance sales : The formalisation of a rule of thumb
by van Praag, Bernard & Bode, Ben
- 963-963 Corrigendum
by Azam, Jean-Paul
April 1992, Volume 36, Issue 2-3
- 207-208 Introduction
by Giavazzi, Francesco
- 209-235 Macroeconomic theory and the labor market
by Lindbeck, Assar
- 237-267 Endogenous macroeconomic growth theory
by Helpman, Elhanan
- 269-306 Capital markets and economic fluctuations in capitalist economies
by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 307-309 Economists as policymakers: A round-table discussion : Introduction
by Draghi, Mario
- 310-319 From sharp stabilization to growth : On the political economy of Israel's transition
by Bruno, M.
- 320-328 Macroeconomic stabilization and structural change in Mexico
by Aspe, Pedro
- 329-336 Political economy and development policy
by Rodrik, Dani
- 337-344 Positive and normative theories of public debt and inflation in historical perspective
by Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido
- 345-353 Should governments commit?
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean
- 355-364 Collective models of household behavior : An introduction
by Bourguignon, Francois & Chiappori, Pierre-Andre
- 365-371 Household labor supply: What kind of data can tell us how many decision makers there are?
by Kapteyn, Arie & Kooreman, Peter
- 372-378 Intrahousehold inequality and the theory of targeting
by Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi
- 379-387 The international dimension of environmental policy
by Carraro, Carlo & Siniscalco, Domenico
- 388-399 Theoretical foundations of negotiations and cost sharing in transfrontier pollution problems
by Chander, Parkash & Tulkens, Henry
- 400-406 Carbon taxes : An international tax or harmonized domestic taxes?
by Hoel, Michael
- 407-416 Economic transformation in Latin America : Lessons for Eastern Europe
by Corbo, Vittorio
- 417-425 The effects of inflation on economic growth : Lessons from Latin America
by De Gregorio, Jose
- 426-432 Shortages and price decontrol
by van Wijnbergen, Sweder
- 433-444 Currency reform as the last stage of economic and monetary union : Some policy questions
by Giovannini, Alberto
- 445-453 German monetary unification
by De Grauwe, Paul
- 454-458 Monetary reform in Eastern Europe
by Bomhoff, Eduard J.
- 459-467 Business cycles from 1850 to 1950 : New facts about old data
by Correia, Isabel H. & Neves, Joao L. & Rebelo, Sergio
- 468-475 Risk sharing in the business cycle
by Danthine, Jean Pierre & Donaldson, John B.
- 476-482 On the econometrics of world business cycles
by Kydland, Finn E.
- 483-492 What is a firm? : A historical perspective
by Chandler, Alfred Jr.
- 493-507 The firm as a collection of assets
by Moore, John
- 509-518 New issues in the Uruguay round : Services, TRIMs and TRIPs
by Greenaway, David & Sapir, Andre
- 519-526 Analytical issues in the Uruguay round negotiations on agriculture
by Anderson, Kym
- 527-538 The effects of EC-92 on the multi-fibre arrangement
by Faini, Riccardo & de Melo, Jaime & Takacs, Wendy
- 539-548 Anglo-German differences in housing market dynamics : The role of institutions and macro economic policy
by Muellbauer, John
- 549-558 House prices, household saving and financial market liberalization in Finland
by Koskela, Erkki & Loikkanen, Heikki A. & Viren, Matti
- 559-565 The reincarnation of Keynesian economics
by Mankiw, N. Gregory
- 566-574 Inflation and markups : Theories and evidence from the retail trade sector
by Benabou, Roland
- 575-583 Hand-to-mouth consumers and asset prices
by Weil, Philippe
- 585-592 Growth and distribution
by King, Mervyn
- 593-602 Growth, distribution and politics
by Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido
- 603-611 Distribution and growth in models of imperfect capital markets
by Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick
- 613-623 Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?
by Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa
- 624-630 Stock price manipulation, market microstructure and asymmetric information
by Allen, Franklin & Gorton, Gary
- 631-638 Excess volatility of stock prices and Knightian uncertainty
by Dow, James & da Costa Werlang, Sergio Ribeiro
- 639-646 Federalism and clubs : Towards an economic theory of overlapping political jurisdictions
by Casella, Alessandra & Frey, Bruno
- 647-653 Fiscal policy coordination as fiscal federalism : Economic integration, public goods and efficiency in growing economies
by Buiter, Willem H. & Kletzer, Kenneth M.
- 654-660 Fiscal federalism in Europe : Lessons from the United States experience
by Inman, Robert P. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L.
- 661-669 Structural reform in Central and Eastern Europe
by Portes, Richard
- 670-676 Industrial restructuring in Eastern Europe : Policies and prospects
by Hughes, Gordon & Hare, Paul
- 677-684 Human capital, investment and migration in an integrated Europe
by Burda, Michael & Wyplosz, Charles
- 685-694 The transmission of the great depression in the United States, Britain, France and Germany
by Foreman-Peck, James & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Ma, Yue
- 695-701 Could bruening have done it? : A Keynesian model of interwar Germany, 1925-1938
by Borchardt, Knut & Ritschl, Albrecht
- 702-709 A model of the UK economy in the interwar period
by Dimsdale, Nicholas & Horsewood, Nicholas
- 711-711 Minutes of the sixth general assembly : Cambridge, 2 September 1990
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 712-715 Minutes of the council meeting on 30 August 1991 in Cambridge
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 718-721 Report of the secretary
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 730-730 Report of the chairman of the standing committee for Students' Affairs
by Palm, Franz C.
January 1992, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-16 Intergenerational transfers within the family
by Cremer, Helmuth & Kessler, Denis & Pestieau, Pierre
- 17-35 Trade liberalisation with imperfect competition : The large and the small of it
by Nguyen, Trien T. & Wigle, Randall M.
- 37-49 The heterogeneity of labor, wage indexation and welfare
by Kovanen, Arto
- 51-70 Veblen effects and their impact on the new European community and some of their trading partners
by Hayes, K. J. & Slottje, D. J. & Ferrantino, M. J. & Wagner, J.
- 71-82 Market uncertainties and cyclical dumping
by Das, Satya P.
- 83-100 Income taxation, labor supply and the theory of income-based cost-of-living indices
by Baye, Michael R. & Black, Dan A.
- 101-118 Terms of trade fluctuations and stabilization of producer prices by compensatory taxation
by Azam, Jean-Paul
- 119-136 Searching for a will o' the wisp : An empirical study of the NAIRU in Canada
by Setterfield, M. A. & Gordon, D. V. & Osberg, L.
- 137-155 Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model
by Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus
- 157-177 Durable goods monopoly, learning by doing and the Coase conjecture
by Olsen, Trond E.
- 179-199 Structural adjustment policies and productive efficiency of socialist enterprises
by Prasnikar, Janez & Svejnar, Jan & Klinedinst, Mark
December 1991, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 1491-1505 Quality indicators : In theory and in fact
by Hjorth-Andersen, Chr.
- 1507-1528 Cost differences and survival in declining industries : A case for 'picking winners'?
by Dierickx, I. & Matutes, C. & Neven, D.
- 1529-1542 Asset prices and public information : An empirical investigation in the market for automobiles
by Emons, Winand & von Hagen, Jurgen
- 1543-1557 Exchange rate policy and wage formation in an economy with many trade unions
by Holden, Steinar
- 1559-1574 Criteria of external sustainability
by Home, Jocelyn
- 1575-1587 Labour supply and unemployment in Japan
by Tachibanaki, Toshiaki & Sakurai, Kojiro
- 1589-1595 Economies of scale, location, age, and sex discrimination in household demand
by Bosch-Domenech, Antoni
- 1597-1603 Political determinants of budget deficits: Coalition effects versus minority effects
by Edin, Per-Anders & Ohlsson, Henry
October 1991, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 1369-1384 Transmission of U.S. monetary policy to Europe and asymmetry in the European monetary system
by Artus, P. & Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Bleuze, E. & Lecointe, F.
- 1385-1397 Inflation uncertainty, inflationary shocks and the credibility of counterinflation policy
by Batchelor, Roy & Orr, Adrian
- 1399-1409 Rank dominance and international comparisons of income distributions
by Bishop, John A. & Formby, John P. & Thistle, Paul D.
- 1411-1426 Trade unions, non-binding wage agreements, and capital accumulation
by Devereux, Michael B. & Lockwood, Ben
- 1427-1448 Macroeconomic policy in a large unionised economy
by Dixon, Huw David
- 1449-1471 Production structure and cyclical behaviour : Modelling the supply block of the Greek economy
by Papatheodorou, Yorgos E.
- 1473-1484 Consumer rationing and the posssibility of intertemporal price discrimination
by Van Cayseele, Patrick
August 1991, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 1-1 Editorial
by Bourguignon, Francois
- 1199-1221 High tech and productivity: Evidence from Israeli industrial firms
by Bregman, Arie & Fuss, Melvyn & Regev, Haim
- 1223-1235 Rent seeking with uncertain opposition
by Cairns, Robert D. & Van Long, Ngo
- 1237-1253 Duopolistic vertical restraints
by Gal-Or, Esther
- 1255-1275 Undominated wage rates in a unionized overlapping generations economy
by Jacobsen, Hans Jorgen & Schultz, Christian
- 1277-1293 Cost of characteristics indices and household equivalence scales
by Lewbel, Arthur
- 1295-1309 European integration and trade flows
by Neven, Damien J. & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
- 1311-1340 Factor prices under integrated markets for risky capital
by Osler, C. L.
- 1341-1359 The political economy of anti-dumping undertakings in the European communities
by Tharakan, P. K. M.
July 1991, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 1009-1034 Insider effects in wage determination : Evidence from five countries
by Holmlund, Bertil & Zetterberg, Johnny
- 1035-1055 Is there trend reversion in purchasing power parity?
by Ardeni, Pier Giorgio & Lubian, Diego
- 1057-1067 Dynamic voluntary provision of public goods
by Fershtman, Chaim & Nitzan, Shmuel
- 1069-1085 Negotiation of profit-sharing contracts in industry
by Bensaid, Bernard & Gary-Bobo, Robert J.
- 1087-1101 The joint profit maximum as a free-entry equilibrium outcome
by Harrington, Joseph Jr.
- 1103-1108 Correction of the material balance equation in dynamic input-output models
by Houba, Harold & Kremers, Hans
- 1109-1125 The evolution of John Law's theories and policies 1707-1715
by Murphy, Antoin E.
- 1127-1142 Tariffs, real exchange rates, and the trade balance in a two-country world
by Ostry, Jonathan D.
- 1143-1155 Cyclical variation in vacancy durations and vacancy flows : An empirical analysis
by van Ours, Jan & Ridder, Geert
- 1157-1184 Pro-competitive effects of trade reform : Results from a CGE model of Cameroon
by Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani
- 1185-1187 Anti-dumping and countervailing duties under oligopoly : A comment
by Collie, David
May 1991, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 715-721 The 'new macroeconomics' a decade later : An introduction
by de Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 723-756 The response of consumption to income : A cross-country investigation
by Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory
- 757-764 The response of consumption to income: A Cross-Country investigation : by J.Y. Campbell and N.G. Mankiw why test the permanent income hypothesis?
by Cochrane, John H.
- 764-767 The response of consumption to income: A cross-country investigation : by John Y. Campbell and N. Gregory Mankiw
by Hendry, David F.
- 769-825 Aggregate investment, the stock market, and the Q model : Robust results for six OECD countries
by Sensenbrenner, Gabriel
- 826-830 Aggregate investment, the stock market and the Q model: Robust results for six OECD countries : by G. Sensenbrenner
by Campbell, John Y.
- 830-832 Aggregate investment, the stock market and the Q-model: Robust results for six OECD countries : by G. Sensenbrenner
by Konig, Heinz
- 833-881 Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States
by Hendry, David F. & Ericsson, Neil R.
- 882-883 Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States : by David F. Hendry and Neil R. Ericsson
by Flemming, J. S.
- 883-886 Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States : by David F. Hendry and Neil R. Ericsson
by Westphal, Uwe
- 887-917 Empirical analysis of macroeconomic time series : VAR and structural models
by Clements, Michael P. & Mizon, Grayham E.
- 918-922 Empirical analysis of macroeconomic time series: VAR and structural models : by M.P. Clements and G.E. Mizon
by Kirchgassner, Gebhard
- 922-932 Empirical analysis of macroeconomic time series: VAR and structural models : by Michael P. Clements and Grayham E. Mizon
by Sims, Christopher A.
- 933-960 Real business cycles under test : A multi-country, multi-sector exercise
by Entorf, Horst
- 961-966 Real business cycles under test: A multi-country, multi-sector exercise : by Horst Entorf
by Plosser, Charles I.
- 966-969 Real business cycle under test; A multi-country, multi-sector exercise : by Horst Entorf
by Reichlin, Lucrezia
- 971-1001 International trade with endogenous technological change
by Rivera-Batiz, Luis A. & Romer, Paul M.
- 1002-1004 International trade with endogenous technological change : by L.A. Rivera-Batiz and P.M. Romer
by Wyplosz, Charles
April 1991, Volume 35, Issue 2-3
- 209-211 Introduction
by Gylfason, Thorvaldur
- 213-239 Economists and the welfare state
by Sandmo, Agnar
- 241-271 Public policy and the economics of development
by Stern, Nicholas
- 273-291 Local justice : How institutions allocate scarce goods and necessary burdens
by Elster, Jon
- 293-299 Expectations driven business cycles
by Grandmont, Jean-Michel
- 300-305 Perfectly competitive models of endogenous business fluctuations
by Boldrin, Michele
- 306-312 Statistical inference based upon non-linear science
by Sayers, Chera L.
- 313-322 Why Marshall was right about Ricardo
by Hollander, Samuel
- 323-332 Alfred Marshall and Adam Smith
by Reisman, David A.
- 333-341 Marshall's analysis of economising behaviour with particular reference to the consumer
by Endres, A. M.
- 343-349 Poverty in the developing world : Assessment of the past, prospects for the future
by van der Gaag, Jacques
- 350-357 Human development : Concepts and measurement
by Desai, Meghnad
- 358-365 Poverty : A wasted decade
by Pyatt, Graham
- 367-377 International trade and '1992' : An overview
by Winters, L. Alan
- 378-387 European Community external protection and 1992 : Voluntary export restraints applied to Pacific Asia
by Hamilton, Carl B.
- 388-395 Economic integration and market access
by Smith, Alasdair & Venables, Anthony J.
- 397-407 From common fish to rights based fishing : Fisheries management and the evolution of exclusive rights to fish
by Hannesson, Rognvaldur
- 408-417 Efficient management of ocean fisheries
by Arnason, Ragnar
- 419-429 The reform of unemployment compensation : Choices for East and West
by Micklewright, John
- 430-440 Perestrojka in the Dutch health care system : A demonstration project for other European countries
by van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 441-453 Public pensions: Choices for the future
by Marchand, M. & Pestieau, P.
- 455-456 Introduction
by Emerson, Michael & Giovannini, Alberto & Thygesen, Niels
- 457-466 On gradual monetary reform
by Giovannini, Alberto
- 467-473 Aspects of the economics of EMU
by Emerson, Michael
- 474-483 Monetary management in a monetary union
by Thygessen, Niels
- 485-495 Reform of the electricity supply industry in Britain : An assessment of the development of public policy
by Vickers, John & Yarrow, George
- 496-503 The European internal market for telecommunications
by Muller, Jurgen
- 505-515 Regulatory reform in European banking
by Vives, Xavier
- 517-526 Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth
by Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan
- 527-534 Laissez-faire and expropriation of foreign capital in a growing economy
by Cohen, Daniel & Michel, Philippe
- 535-541 Unemployment : A symptom of stagnation or a side-effect of growth?
by Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter
- 543-551 Experiences with liberalization policies : The case of textiles
by Spinanger, Dean
- 552-561 The effects of trade liberalisation : Problems of modelling the effects of liberalising agricultural trade
by Buckwell, Allan & Medland, John
- 562-570 The experience with liberalization policies : The case of the agricultural sector
by Koester, Ulrich
- 571-580 Reform in Hungary : Sequencing and privatisation
by Newbery, David M.
- 581-590 Transition to a market economy: The case of Czechoslovakia
by Charap, Joshua & Dyba, Karel
- 591-602 The integration of Germany : Real economic adjustment
by Siebert, Horst
- 603-611 Changing incentives for economic research in the Netherlands
by Kapteyn, Arie & de Zeeuw, Aart
- 612-618 The use of assessments of British university teaching, and especially research, for the allocation of resources : A personal view
by Flemming, John
- 619-627 The teaching of economics in France : Some issues
by Lesourne, J.
- 629-641 Accounting for the impact of agriculture and forestry on environmental quality
by Adger, Neil & Whitby, Martin
- 642-649 Degradation of environmental capital and national accounting procedures
by Hartwick, John M.
- 650-661 Optimal growth with renewable resources and pollution
by Tahvonen, Olli & Kuuluvainen, Jari
- 663-663 Minutes of the fifth general assembly Lisbon, 2 September 1990
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 663-667 Minutes of the council meeting on 30 August 1990 in Lisbon
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 669-672 Report of the secretary
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 673-675 Report of the treasurer
by Balestra, Pietro
- 679-679 Report of the chairman of the standing Committee for Students' Affairs
by Dehez, Pierre
January 1991, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-22 The non-neutrality of inflation for international capital movements
by Sinn, Hans-Werner
- 23-37 Tests of alternative wage employment bargaining models with an application to the UK aggregate labour market
by Alogoskoufis, George & Manning, Alan
- 39-48 Market uncertainty and competitive equilibrium entry
by Appelbaum, Elie & Lim, Chin
- 49-60 Repressed inflation, queuing and the resale of goods in a centrally planned economy
by Bennett, John
- 61-79 Monopolistic competition, costs of adjustment, and the behavior of European manufacturing employment
by Burda, Michael C.
- 81-101 Balance of payments crises in an optimal portfolio model
by Claessens, Stijn
- 103-120 Intergenerational transfers and capital market imperfections : Evidence from a cross-section of Italian households
by Guiso, Luigi & Jappelli, Tullio
- 121-138 Strategic behaviour in the MDP procedure
by von dem Hagen, Oskar
- 139-154 Income distribution and labor market effects of Austrian pre- and post-Tokyo-round tariff protection
by Kohler, Wilhelm
- 155-178 The macroeconomic implications of financial deregulation
by Melitz, Jacques & Bordes, Christian
- 179-197 Capital income taxation in a growing open economy
by Nielsen, Soren Bo & Sorensen, Peter Birch
November 1990, Volume 34, Issue 7
- 1275-1301 Efficiency wages and the business cycle puzzle
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Donaldson, John B.
- 1303-1322 Cointegration between exchange rates and relative prices: another view
by Canarellsal, Giorgio & Pollard, Stephen K. & Lai, Kon S.
- 1323-1337 Non-sequential consumer search and the consequences of a deregulation of trading hours
by Clemenz, Gerhard
- 1339-1351 On the efficient use of mathematics in economics: results of an attitude survey of British economists
by Greenaway, David
- 1353-1375 Education and earnings in the Netherlands: an empirical analysis
by Oosterbeek, Hessel
- 1377-1397 Ruble convertibility: demand responsive exchange rates in a goal-directed economy
by Rosefielde, Steven & Pfouts, R. W.
- 1399-1426 Implicit policy preferences and the assessment of negotiable trade policy reforms
by Tyers, Rod
- 1427-1435 Economic research at the European level: first year's progress report for SPES
by Emerson, Michael & Allgeier, Herbert
September 1990, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 1113-1132 Income distribution, development and foreign trade : A cross-sectional analysis
by Bourguignon, F. & Morrisson, C.
- 1133-1153 A rationalization of bonuses, penalties, and kinked payment functions within an agency model
by Berkok, Ugurhan G.
- 1155-1180 Structure and performance: Global interdependence of stock markets around the crash of October 1987
by Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin
- 1181-1199 Price uncertainty, the competitive firm and the dual theory of choice under risk
by Demers, Fanny & Demers, Michel
- 1201-1211 Fiscal policy and the real exchange rate
by Devereux, Michael B. & Purvis, Douglas D.
- 1213-1231 The fable of the three envelopes: The analytics and political economy of the reform of Chinese state owned enterprises
by Lal, Deepak
- 1233-1245 Determinants of contract wages in Germany
by Neumann, Manfred J. M. & Schmidt, Roland & Schulte, Elisabeth
- 1247-1264 The state preference approach to general equilibrium in corporate finance
by Wiesmeth, Hans
July 1990, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 897-911 Real wages, monetary accommodation, and inflation
by Helpman, Elhanan & Leiderman, Leonardo
- 913-919 Further results on long-run purchasing power parity in the 1920s
by Ahking, Francis W.
- 921-940 Response patterns to external shocks in five East-European countries
by Bekker, Zsuzsa