European Economic Review
April 1993, Volume 37, Issue 2-3
- 443-451 Immigration from poor to wealthy countries : Experience of the United States
by Freeman, Richard B.
- 452-461 The determinants of East-West German migration: Some first results
by Burda, Michael C.
- 463-476 Edgeworth and modern oligopoly theory
by Vives, Xavier
- 477-490 Francis Ysidro Edgeworth: Perfect competition and the core
by Hildenbrand, Werner
- 491-499 Echoes of Edgeworth: The problem of indeterminacy
by Sutton, John
- 501-506 On the inflationary bias of common currencies : The Latin Union puzzle
by Flandreau, Marc
- 507-517 The rise and fall of the Scandinavian Currency Union 1873-1920
by Bergman, Michael & Gerlach, Stefan & Jonung, Lars
- 518-524 Did monetary unification precede or follow political unification of Germany in the 19th century?
by Holtfrerich, Carl-Ludwig
- 525-532 Economic reform in Eastern Europe : Can theory help?
by Aghion, Philippe
- 533-540 The political economy of restructuring and privatization in Eastern Europe
by Roland, Gerard
- 541-548 The M-form hierarchy and China's economic reform
by Qian, Yingyi & Xu, Chenggang
- 549-555 Economic transition: Can theory help?
by Weitzman, Martin L.
- 557-565 Trade shocks in developing countries: Consequences and policy responses
by Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Gunning, Jan Willem
- 566-576 The 'Cote d'Ivoire' model of endogenous growth
by Azam, Jean-Paul
- 577-585 Adjustment to external imbalance and investment slumps in developing countries
by Bleaney, Michael & Greenaway, David
- 587-594 Adaptive learning and bounded rationality: An introduction to basic concepts
by Honkapohja, Seppo
- 595-602 Learning and economic fluctuations: Using fiscal policy to steer expectations
by Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, Seppo
- 603-611 Adaptive learning, evolutionary dynamics and equilibrium selection in games
by Marimon, Ramon
- 613-622 Financial markets and growth: An overview
by Pagano, Marco
- 623-631 The cyclical behavior of short-term business lending: Implications for financial propagation mechanisms
by Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon
- 632-640 Stock markets and development
by Atje, Raymond & Jovanovic, Boyan
January 1993, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-35 Methodological and empirical issues in real business cycle theory
by Pierre Danthine, Jean & Donaldson, John B.
- 37-60 The economics of price scissors: A defence of Preobrazhensky
by Baland, Jean-Marie
- 61-73 A model of liquidity overhang
by Clarida, Richard H.
- 75-95 Allocative effects of financial assets and the long run neutrality of money when markets are incomplete
by Eckwert, Bernhard
- 97-114 Public and private sector wages in the Netherlands
by Hartog, Joop & Oosterbeek, Hessel
- 115-133 Sectoral shocks and structural unemployment: An empirical analysis
by Kazamaki Ottersten, Eugenia
- 135-157 A signaling theory of unemployment
by Albert Ma, Ching-to & Weiss, Andrew M.
- 159-176 Modelling risk premia in international asset markets
by Smith, Peter N.
- 177-201 Structural adjustment and the construction sector
by van Wincoop, Eric
- 203-208 Estimating functional forms in cost-prices: A comment
by Yen, Steven T.
December 1992, Volume 36, Issue 8
- 1501-1521 Monetary growth innovations in a simple cash-in-advance asset-pricing model
by Bianconi, Marcelo
- 1523-1532 Intramarginal intervention in the EMS and the target-zone model of exchange-rate behavior
by Dominquez, Kathryn M. & Kenen, Peter B.
- 1533-1544 Capital controls and foreign exchange market crises in the EMS
by Gros, Daniel
- 1545-1555 Time consistency of government financial policy in a small open economy
by Huber, Bernd
- 1557-1571 Multinational firms and the tariff-jumping argument : A game theoretic analysis with some unconventional conclusions
by Motta, Massimo
- 1573-1599 An investigation into the power of insiders in wage determination
by Nickell, Stephen & Kong, Paul
- 1601-1626 Pre-commitment and flexibility : Applications to oligopoly theory
by Spencer, Barbara J. & Brander, James A.
- 1627-1646 Quantitative restrictions and tariffs with endogenous firm behavior
by Syropoulos, Constantinos
October 1992, Volume 36, Issue 7
- 1333-1365 Multiple equilibria in the British labour market : Some empirical evidence
by Manning, Alan
- 1367-1377 Asset price variability in a rational expectations equilibrium
by Black, Jane M. & Tonks, Ian
- 1379-1398 Estimating a multiple-output generalized Box-Cox cost function : Cost structure and productivity growth in Belgian railroad operations, 1950-1986
by De Borger, Bruno
- 1399-1411 Dynamics of monetary intervention under managed floating
by Djajic, Slobodan & Bazzoni, Stefania
- 1413-1425 The EMS is a greater Deutschmark area
by Herz, Bernhard & Roger, Werner
- 1427-1452 Adverse selection, investment, and profit taxation
by Innes, Robert
- 1453-1471 Labor migration in Europe : Experiences from Germany after unification
by Raffelhuschen, Bernd
- 1473-1492 The role of policymakers' reputation in the EMS disinflations : An empirical evaluation
by Weber, Axel A.
August 1992, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 1185-1204 European monetary union or hard EMS?
by Currie, David & Levine, Paul & Pearlman, Joseph
- 1205-1222 Partial adjustment and the permanent income hypothesis
by Attfield, C. L. F. & Demery, D. & Duck, N. W.
- 1223-1233 A new specification for aggregate employment in the U.K
by Bhaskar, V.
- 1235-1239 Do protection, schooling, product per head and income distribution influence growth? : A cross sectional analysis
by Borsu, A. & Glejser, H.
- 1241-1261 Optimal loan contracts and floating-rate debt in international lending to LDCs
by Detragiache, Enrica
- 1263-1276 Controlling stock externalities : Flexible versus inflexible Pigovian corrections
by Ko, Il-Dong & Lapan, Harvey E. & Sandler, Todd
- 1277-1290 Efficient credit rationing
by de Mesa, David & Webb, David C.
- 1291-1303 Business cycles with worker moral hazard
by Strand, Jon
- 1305-1310 The estimation of the quantities in the IEQ regression
by Tummers, Martijn P.
- 1311-1321 International trade and exchange rate volatility
by Viaene, Jean-Marie & de Vries, Casper G.
June 1992, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 969-973 Demand, supply, and financial deregulation-an introduction
by de Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 975-1000 Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts : The effects of monetary policy
by Sims, Christopher A.
- 1001-1011 'Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts: The effects of monetary policy' : by Christopher Sims
by Eichenbaum, Martin
- 1013-1047 The macroeconomic impact of flexible labor contracts, with an application to Spain
by Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 1048-1051 'The macroeconomic impact of flexible labor contracts, with an application to Spain' : by S. Bentolila and G. Saint-Paul
by Burda, Michael C.
- 1051-1053 'The macroeconomic impact of flexible labor contracts, with an application to Spain' : by S. Bentolila and G. Saint-Paul
by Katz, Lawrence F.
- 1055-1085 Productivity growth in U.K. companies, 1975-1986
by Nickell, Stephen & Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin
- 1086-1091 'Productivity growth in U.K. companies 1975-1986' : by S. Nickell, S. Wadhwani and M. Wall
by Konig, Heinz
- 1093-1127 Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies
by Miles, David
- 1128-1131 'Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies' : by D. Miles
by Sebastian, Miguel
- 1131-1135 'Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies' : by D. Miles
by Zeldes, Stephen P.
- 1137-1170 Capital requirements and the behaviour of commercial banks
by Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 1171-1174 'Capital requirements and the behaviour of banks' : by Jean-Charles Rochet
by Mayer, Colin
- 1174-1177 'Capital requirements and the behaviour of banks' : by Jean-Charles Rochet
by Repullo, Rafael
May 1992, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 763-781 Technological choice, financial markets and economic development
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 783-800 Wage contracts and business cycle models
by Ambler, Steve & Phaneuf, Louis
- 801-813 The impact of a hybrid personal tax system on capital accumulation and economic welfare
by Androkovich, Robert A. & Daly, Michael J. & Naqib, Fadle M.
- 815-826 Exchange rate uncertainty, futures markets and the multinational firm
by Broll, Udo & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 827-845 The inflation discipline of currency substitution
by Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Diba, Behzad T.
- 847-864 Market structure and R&D competition
by Clemenz, Gerhard
- 865-882 The fallacy of composition argument : Is it relevant for LDCs' manufactures exports?
by Faini, Riccardo & Clavijo, Fernando & Senhadji-Semlali, Abdel
- 883-892 Cascading contingent protection
by Hoekman, Bernard M. & Leidy, Michael P.
- 893-914 Target zones and international policy coordination : The contrast between the necessary and sufficient conditions for success
by Hallett, A. J. Hughes
- 915-924 Big effects of small interventions: The informational role of intervention in exchange rate policy
by Klein, Michael W.
- 925-943 Dominant interest and inflation differentials within the EMS
by Koedijk, Kees G. & Kool, Clemens J. M.
- 945-962 Retail pricing and the costs of clearance sales : The formalisation of a rule of thumb
by van Praag, Bernard & Bode, Ben
- 963-963 Corrigendum
by Azam, Jean-Paul
April 1992, Volume 36, Issue 2-3
- 207-208 Introduction
by Giavazzi, Francesco
- 209-235 Macroeconomic theory and the labor market
by Lindbeck, Assar
- 237-267 Endogenous macroeconomic growth theory
by Helpman, Elhanan
- 269-306 Capital markets and economic fluctuations in capitalist economies
by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 307-309 Economists as policymakers: A round-table discussion : Introduction
by Draghi, Mario
- 310-319 From sharp stabilization to growth : On the political economy of Israel's transition
by Bruno, M.
- 320-328 Macroeconomic stabilization and structural change in Mexico
by Aspe, Pedro
- 329-336 Political economy and development policy
by Rodrik, Dani
- 337-344 Positive and normative theories of public debt and inflation in historical perspective
by Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido
- 345-353 Should governments commit?
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean
- 355-364 Collective models of household behavior : An introduction
by Bourguignon, Francois & Chiappori, Pierre-Andre
- 365-371 Household labor supply: What kind of data can tell us how many decision makers there are?
by Kapteyn, Arie & Kooreman, Peter
- 372-378 Intrahousehold inequality and the theory of targeting
by Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi
- 379-387 The international dimension of environmental policy
by Carraro, Carlo & Siniscalco, Domenico
- 388-399 Theoretical foundations of negotiations and cost sharing in transfrontier pollution problems
by Chander, Parkash & Tulkens, Henry
- 400-406 Carbon taxes : An international tax or harmonized domestic taxes?
by Hoel, Michael
- 407-416 Economic transformation in Latin America : Lessons for Eastern Europe
by Corbo, Vittorio
- 417-425 The effects of inflation on economic growth : Lessons from Latin America
by De Gregorio, Jose
- 426-432 Shortages and price decontrol
by van Wijnbergen, Sweder
- 433-444 Currency reform as the last stage of economic and monetary union : Some policy questions
by Giovannini, Alberto
- 445-453 German monetary unification
by De Grauwe, Paul
- 454-458 Monetary reform in Eastern Europe
by Bomhoff, Eduard J.
- 459-467 Business cycles from 1850 to 1950 : New facts about old data
by Correia, Isabel H. & Neves, Joao L. & Rebelo, Sergio
- 468-475 Risk sharing in the business cycle
by Danthine, Jean Pierre & Donaldson, John B.
- 476-482 On the econometrics of world business cycles
by Kydland, Finn E.
- 483-492 What is a firm? : A historical perspective
by Chandler, Alfred Jr.
- 493-507 The firm as a collection of assets
by Moore, John
- 509-518 New issues in the Uruguay round : Services, TRIMs and TRIPs
by Greenaway, David & Sapir, Andre
- 519-526 Analytical issues in the Uruguay round negotiations on agriculture
by Anderson, Kym
- 527-538 The effects of EC-92 on the multi-fibre arrangement
by Faini, Riccardo & de Melo, Jaime & Takacs, Wendy
- 539-548 Anglo-German differences in housing market dynamics : The role of institutions and macro economic policy
by Muellbauer, John
- 549-558 House prices, household saving and financial market liberalization in Finland
by Koskela, Erkki & Loikkanen, Heikki A. & Viren, Matti
- 559-565 The reincarnation of Keynesian economics
by Mankiw, N. Gregory
- 566-574 Inflation and markups : Theories and evidence from the retail trade sector
by Benabou, Roland
- 575-583 Hand-to-mouth consumers and asset prices
by Weil, Philippe
- 585-592 Growth and distribution
by King, Mervyn
- 593-602 Growth, distribution and politics
by Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido
- 603-611 Distribution and growth in models of imperfect capital markets
by Aghion, Philippe & Bolton, Patrick
- 613-623 Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?
by Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa
- 624-630 Stock price manipulation, market microstructure and asymmetric information
by Allen, Franklin & Gorton, Gary
- 631-638 Excess volatility of stock prices and Knightian uncertainty
by Dow, James & da Costa Werlang, Sergio Ribeiro
- 639-646 Federalism and clubs : Towards an economic theory of overlapping political jurisdictions
by Casella, Alessandra & Frey, Bruno
- 647-653 Fiscal policy coordination as fiscal federalism : Economic integration, public goods and efficiency in growing economies
by Buiter, Willem H. & Kletzer, Kenneth M.
- 654-660 Fiscal federalism in Europe : Lessons from the United States experience
by Inman, Robert P. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L.
- 661-669 Structural reform in Central and Eastern Europe
by Portes, Richard
- 670-676 Industrial restructuring in Eastern Europe : Policies and prospects
by Hughes, Gordon & Hare, Paul
- 677-684 Human capital, investment and migration in an integrated Europe
by Burda, Michael & Wyplosz, Charles
- 685-694 The transmission of the great depression in the United States, Britain, France and Germany
by Foreman-Peck, James & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Ma, Yue
- 695-701 Could bruening have done it? : A Keynesian model of interwar Germany, 1925-1938
by Borchardt, Knut & Ritschl, Albrecht
- 702-709 A model of the UK economy in the interwar period
by Dimsdale, Nicholas & Horsewood, Nicholas
- 711-711 Minutes of the sixth general assembly : Cambridge, 2 September 1990
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 712-715 Minutes of the council meeting on 30 August 1991 in Cambridge
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 718-721 Report of the secretary
by Lambert, Jean-Paul
- 730-730 Report of the chairman of the standing committee for Students' Affairs
by Palm, Franz C.
January 1992, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-16 Intergenerational transfers within the family
by Cremer, Helmuth & Kessler, Denis & Pestieau, Pierre
- 17-35 Trade liberalisation with imperfect competition : The large and the small of it
by Nguyen, Trien T. & Wigle, Randall M.
- 37-49 The heterogeneity of labor, wage indexation and welfare
by Kovanen, Arto
- 51-70 Veblen effects and their impact on the new European community and some of their trading partners
by Hayes, K. J. & Slottje, D. J. & Ferrantino, M. J. & Wagner, J.
- 71-82 Market uncertainties and cyclical dumping
by Das, Satya P.
- 83-100 Income taxation, labor supply and the theory of income-based cost-of-living indices
by Baye, Michael R. & Black, Dan A.
- 101-118 Terms of trade fluctuations and stabilization of producer prices by compensatory taxation
by Azam, Jean-Paul
- 119-136 Searching for a will o' the wisp : An empirical study of the NAIRU in Canada
by Setterfield, M. A. & Gordon, D. V. & Osberg, L.
- 137-155 Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model
by Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus
- 157-177 Durable goods monopoly, learning by doing and the Coase conjecture
by Olsen, Trond E.
- 179-199 Structural adjustment policies and productive efficiency of socialist enterprises
by Prasnikar, Janez & Svejnar, Jan & Klinedinst, Mark
December 1991, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 1491-1505 Quality indicators : In theory and in fact
by Hjorth-Andersen, Chr.
- 1507-1528 Cost differences and survival in declining industries : A case for 'picking winners'?
by Dierickx, I. & Matutes, C. & Neven, D.
- 1529-1542 Asset prices and public information : An empirical investigation in the market for automobiles
by Emons, Winand & von Hagen, Jurgen
- 1543-1557 Exchange rate policy and wage formation in an economy with many trade unions
by Holden, Steinar
- 1559-1574 Criteria of external sustainability
by Home, Jocelyn
- 1575-1587 Labour supply and unemployment in Japan
by Tachibanaki, Toshiaki & Sakurai, Kojiro
- 1589-1595 Economies of scale, location, age, and sex discrimination in household demand
by Bosch-Domenech, Antoni
- 1597-1603 Political determinants of budget deficits: Coalition effects versus minority effects
by Edin, Per-Anders & Ohlsson, Henry
October 1991, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 1369-1384 Transmission of U.S. monetary policy to Europe and asymmetry in the European monetary system
by Artus, P. & Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Bleuze, E. & Lecointe, F.
- 1385-1397 Inflation uncertainty, inflationary shocks and the credibility of counterinflation policy
by Batchelor, Roy & Orr, Adrian
- 1399-1409 Rank dominance and international comparisons of income distributions
by Bishop, John A. & Formby, John P. & Thistle, Paul D.
- 1411-1426 Trade unions, non-binding wage agreements, and capital accumulation
by Devereux, Michael B. & Lockwood, Ben
- 1427-1448 Macroeconomic policy in a large unionised economy
by Dixon, Huw David
- 1449-1471 Production structure and cyclical behaviour : Modelling the supply block of the Greek economy
by Papatheodorou, Yorgos E.
- 1473-1484 Consumer rationing and the posssibility of intertemporal price discrimination
by Van Cayseele, Patrick
August 1991, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 1-1 Editorial
by Bourguignon, Francois
- 1199-1221 High tech and productivity: Evidence from Israeli industrial firms
by Bregman, Arie & Fuss, Melvyn & Regev, Haim
- 1223-1235 Rent seeking with uncertain opposition
by Cairns, Robert D. & Van Long, Ngo
- 1237-1253 Duopolistic vertical restraints
by Gal-Or, Esther
- 1255-1275 Undominated wage rates in a unionized overlapping generations economy
by Jacobsen, Hans Jorgen & Schultz, Christian
- 1277-1293 Cost of characteristics indices and household equivalence scales
by Lewbel, Arthur
- 1295-1309 European integration and trade flows
by Neven, Damien J. & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
- 1311-1340 Factor prices under integrated markets for risky capital
by Osler, C. L.
- 1341-1359 The political economy of anti-dumping undertakings in the European communities
by Tharakan, P. K. M.
July 1991, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 1009-1034 Insider effects in wage determination : Evidence from five countries
by Holmlund, Bertil & Zetterberg, Johnny
- 1035-1055 Is there trend reversion in purchasing power parity?
by Ardeni, Pier Giorgio & Lubian, Diego
- 1057-1067 Dynamic voluntary provision of public goods
by Fershtman, Chaim & Nitzan, Shmuel
- 1069-1085 Negotiation of profit-sharing contracts in industry
by Bensaid, Bernard & Gary-Bobo, Robert J.
- 1087-1101 The joint profit maximum as a free-entry equilibrium outcome
by Harrington, Joseph Jr.
- 1103-1108 Correction of the material balance equation in dynamic input-output models
by Houba, Harold & Kremers, Hans
- 1109-1125 The evolution of John Law's theories and policies 1707-1715
by Murphy, Antoin E.
- 1127-1142 Tariffs, real exchange rates, and the trade balance in a two-country world
by Ostry, Jonathan D.
- 1143-1155 Cyclical variation in vacancy durations and vacancy flows : An empirical analysis
by van Ours, Jan & Ridder, Geert
- 1157-1184 Pro-competitive effects of trade reform : Results from a CGE model of Cameroon
by Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani
- 1185-1187 Anti-dumping and countervailing duties under oligopoly : A comment
by Collie, David
May 1991, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 715-721 The 'new macroeconomics' a decade later : An introduction
by de Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 723-756 The response of consumption to income : A cross-country investigation
by Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory
- 757-764 The response of consumption to income: A Cross-Country investigation : by J.Y. Campbell and N.G. Mankiw why test the permanent income hypothesis?
by Cochrane, John H.
- 764-767 The response of consumption to income: A cross-country investigation : by John Y. Campbell and N. Gregory Mankiw
by Hendry, David F.
- 769-825 Aggregate investment, the stock market, and the Q model : Robust results for six OECD countries
by Sensenbrenner, Gabriel
- 826-830 Aggregate investment, the stock market and the Q model: Robust results for six OECD countries : by G. Sensenbrenner
by Campbell, John Y.
- 830-832 Aggregate investment, the stock market and the Q-model: Robust results for six OECD countries : by G. Sensenbrenner
by Konig, Heinz
- 833-881 Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States
by Hendry, David F. & Ericsson, Neil R.
- 882-883 Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States : by David F. Hendry and Neil R. Ericsson
by Flemming, J. S.
- 883-886 Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States : by David F. Hendry and Neil R. Ericsson
by Westphal, Uwe
- 887-917 Empirical analysis of macroeconomic time series : VAR and structural models
by Clements, Michael P. & Mizon, Grayham E.
- 918-922 Empirical analysis of macroeconomic time series: VAR and structural models : by M.P. Clements and G.E. Mizon
by Kirchgassner, Gebhard
- 922-932 Empirical analysis of macroeconomic time series: VAR and structural models : by Michael P. Clements and Grayham E. Mizon
by Sims, Christopher A.
- 933-960 Real business cycles under test : A multi-country, multi-sector exercise
by Entorf, Horst
- 961-966 Real business cycles under test: A multi-country, multi-sector exercise : by Horst Entorf
by Plosser, Charles I.
- 966-969 Real business cycle under test; A multi-country, multi-sector exercise : by Horst Entorf
by Reichlin, Lucrezia