Fan welfare maximization as a club objective in a professional sports league
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Egon Franck, 2010.
"Private Firm, Public Corporation or Member’s Association Governance Structures in European Football,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 5(2), pages 108-127, May.
- Egon Franck, 2009. "Private Firm, Public Corporation or Member`s Association – Governance Structures in European Football," Working Papers 0106, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised 2010.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2009.
"Social Welfare in Sports Leagues with Profit-Maximizing and/or Win-Maximizing Clubs,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 375-396, October.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2008. "Social Welfare in Sports Leagues with Profit-Maximizing and/or Win-Maximizing Clubs," Working Papers 0090, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Jul 2009.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2008. "Social Welfare in Sports Leagues with Profit-Maximizing and/or Win-Maximizing Clubs," Working Papers 0826, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang & Stephan Werner, 2008. "Social Welfare in Sports Leagues with Profit-Maximizing and/or Win-Maximizing Clubs," Working Papers 0022, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised Jul 2009.
- Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio & Stefan Szymanski, 2009. "Goal! Profit Maximization Versus Win Maximization in Soccer," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(1), pages 45-68, February.
- Rodney Fort & James Quirk, 1995. "Cross-subsidization, Incentives, and Outcomes in Professional Team Sports Leagues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1265-1299, September.
- Rodney Fort & James Quirk, 2010. "Optimal Competitive Balance in Single-Game Ticket Sports Leagues," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(6), pages 589-601, December.
- Traub, Stefan & Missong, Martin, 2005. "On the public provision of the performing arts," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 862-882, November.
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Stefan Szymanski & Stefan KÈsenne, 2004.
"Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 165-177, March.
- SZYMANSKI, Stefan & KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2003. "Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports," Working Papers 2003003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Rodney Fort & James Quirk, 2011. "Optimal Competitive Balance In A Season Ticket League," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(2), pages 464-473, April.
- Sonia Falconieri & Frédéric Palomino & József Sákovics, 2004. "Collective Versus Individual Sale of Television Rights in League Sports," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 833-862, September.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Polterovich, Victor, 1993. "Rationing, Queues, and Black Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996. "Contest success functions (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 121-146, June.
- Paul Madden, 2011. "Game Theoretic Analysis of Basic Team Sports Leagues," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 12(4), pages 407-431, August.
- Stefan Kesenne & Wilfried Pauwels, 2006.
"Club Objectives and Ticket Pricing in Professional Team Sports,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 549-560, Summer.
- KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2002. "Club objectives and ticket pricing in professional team sports," Working Papers 2002018, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Rodney Fort, 2004. "Inelastic sports pricing," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 87-94.
- Babatunde Buraimo & David Forrest & Robert Simmons, 2007.
"Freedom of Entry, Market Size, and Competitive Outcome: Evidence from English Soccer,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 204-213, July.
- D Forrest & R Simmons & B Buraimo, 2005. "Freedom of entry, market size and competitive outcome: evidence from English soccer," Working Papers 567322, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Madden & Mario Pezzino, 2013. "Sports League Quality, Broadcaster TV Rights Bids and Wholesale Regulation of Sports Channels," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1304, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Paul Madden, 2012. "Welfare Economics of "Financial Fair Play" in a Sports League With Benefactor Owners," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1221, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Paul Madden, 2014. "Does Break-Even Regulation of Soccer Clubs Make Sense?," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1405, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:48:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0508-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Teodor DIMA, 2015. "The Economics Of “Big Five” European Football Leagues," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7(2a), pages 434-442, September.
- DIMA Teodor & OTOIU Adrian, 2015. "A Composite Index To Assess The Top European Football Clubs In 2014," Revista Economica, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 67(2), pages 68-85.
- Peter Sloane, 2014. "Club objectives," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 1, pages 13-22 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsFan welfare maximization; Aggregate surplus; Sports league;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:56:y:2012:i:3:p:560-578. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.