Optimal Competitive Balance in Single-Game Ticket Sports Leagues
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee Scyoc & M. Kevin McGee, 2016. "Testing for competitive balance," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 1029-1043, May.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2010.
"Organizational Differences between U.S. Major Leagues and European Leagues: Implications for Salary Caps,"
0122, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2011. "Organizational Differences between U.S. Major Leagues and European Leagues: Implications for Salary Caps," Working Papers 1105, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Helmut Dietl & Egon Franck & Markus Lang & Alexander Rathke, 2010. "Organizational Differences between U.S. Major Leagues and European Leagues: Implications for Salary Caps," Working Papers 0035, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Dorian Owen, 2014.
"Measurement of competitive balance and uncertainty of outcome,"
Chapters, in: John Goddard & Peter Sloane (ed.), Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 3, pages 41-59,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- P. Dorian Owen, 2013. "Measurement of Competitive Balance and Uncertainty of Outcome," Working Papers 1311, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2013.
- repec:sae:jospec:v:20:y:2019:i:1:p:25-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madden, Paul, 2012. "Fan welfare maximization as a club objective in a professional sports league," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 560-578.
- P. Dorian Owen & Nicholas King, 2015.
"Competitive Balance Measures In Sports Leagues: The Effects Of Variation In Season Length,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(1), pages 731-744, January.
- P Dorian Owen & Nicholas King, 2013. "Competitive Balance Measures in Sports Leagues: The Effects of Variation in Season Length," NCER Working Paper Series 92, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- P. Dorian Owen & Nicholas King, 2013. "Competitive Balance Measures in Sports Leagues: The Effects of Variation in Season Length," Working Papers 1309, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2013.
- repec:qut:auncer:2013_04 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Vrooman, 2013. "Two to tango: optimum competitive balance in professional sports leagues," Chapters, in: Plácido Rodríguez & Stefan Késenne & Jaume García (ed.), The Econometrics of Sport, chapter 1, pages 3-34, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Raul Caruso & Francesco Addesa & Marco Di Domizio, 2019.
"The Determinants of the TV Demand for Soccer: Empirical Evidence on Italian Serie A for the Period 2008-2015,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 20(1), pages 25-49, January.
- Caruso, Raul & Addesa, Francesco & Di Domizio, Marco, 2016. "The Determinants Of The TV Demand Of Soccer: Empirical Evidence On Italian Serie A For The Period 2008-2015," MPRA Paper 70189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSports Leagues; Competitive Balance; Optimality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:11:y:2010:i:6:p:589-601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.