Game Theoretic Analysis of Basic Team Sports Leagues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin B. Schmidt & David J. Berri, 2001. "Competitive Balance and Attendance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(2), pages 145-167, May.
- La Croix, Sumner J & Kawaura, Akihiko, 1999. "Rule Changes and Competitive Balance in Japanese Professional Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 353-368, April.
- Martin B. Schmidt & David J. Berri, 2004. "The Impact of Labor Strikes on Consumer Demand: An Application to Professional Sports," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 344-357, March.
- Eckard, E Woodrow, 2001. "Free Agency, Competitive Balance, and Diminishing Returns to Pennant Contention," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(3), pages 430-443, July.
- Gwartney, James & Haworth, Charles, 1974. "Employer Costs and Discrimination: The Case of Baseball," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 873-881, July/Aug..
- Leo Kahane & Stephen Shmanske, 1997. "Team roster turnover and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 425-431.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Martin Schmidt & David Berri, 2002. "The impact of the 1981 and 1994-1995 strikes on Major League Baseball attendance: a time-series analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 471-478.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162.
- Hoang, Ha & Rascher, Dan, 1999. "The NBA, Exit Discrimination, and Career Earnings," MPRA Paper 3542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Whitney, James D, 1988. "Winning Games versus Winning Championships: The Economics of Fan Interest and Team Performance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 703-724, October.
- Glenn Knowles & Keith Sherony & Mike Haupert, 1992. "The Demand for Major League Baseball: A Test of the Uncertainty of Outcome Hypothesis," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 36(2), pages 72-80, October.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Madden & Mario Pezzino, 2013. "Sports League Quality, Broadcaster TV Rights Bids and Wholesale Regulation of Sports Channels," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1304, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Paul Madden, 2012. "Welfare Economics of "Financial Fair Play" in a Sports League With Benefactor Owners," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1221, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Roberto Burguet & József Sákovics, 2016.
"To the Highest Bidder: The Market for Talent in Sports Leagues,"
902, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Roberto Burguet & Jozsef Sakovics, 2016. "To the highest bidder: The market for talent in sports leagues," ESE Discussion Papers 275, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- XiaoGang Che & Brad Humphreys, 2015.
"Competition Between Sports Leagues: Theory and Evidence on Rival League Formation in North America,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 46(2), pages 127-143, March.
- Che, XiaoGang & Humphreys, Brad, 2012. "Competition Between Sports Leagues: Theory and Evidence on Rival League Formation in North America," Working Papers 2012-23, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Helmut Dietl & Carlos Gomez-Gonzalez & Cornel Nesseler, 2017. " Are women or men better team managers? Evidence from professional team sports," Working Papers 364, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Madden, Paul, 2012. "Fan welfare maximization as a club objective in a professional sports league," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 560-578.
- Rockerbie, Duane W & Easton, Stephen, 2016. "Of Bricks and Bats: New Stadiums, Talent Supply and Team Performance in Major League Baseball," MPRA Paper 77430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helmut Dietl & Markus Lang & Cornel Nesseler, 2017. " The Impact of Government Subsidies in Professional Team Sports Leagues," Working Papers 366, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
More about this item
Keywordssports leagues; duopsony; revenue sharing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:12:y:2011:i:4:p:407-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .