European Economic Review
April 1994, Volume 38, Issue 3-4
- 891-898 Monetary policy in economic transition: Lessons from the French post-war experience
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 899-911 Belgium's postwar growth and the catch-up hypothesis
by Cassiers, Isabelle
- 913-922 Nontraded assets and the CAPM
by Weil, Philippe
- 923-931 Some models of the international capital market
by Dumas, Bernard
- 932-939 Frictions in asset pricing and macroeconomics
by Aiyagari, S. Rao
- 941-951 The optimal degree of competition and dynamic efficiency in Japan and Korea
by Amsden, Alice H. & Singh, Ajit
- 952-963 On the mechanism of catching up
by Lau, Man-lui & Wan, Henry Jr.
- 964-973 Lessons from the East Asian NICS: A contrarian view
by Young, Alwyn
February 1994, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 213-233 Competition, long run contracts and internal inefficiencies in firms
by Horn, Henrik & Lang, Harald & Lundgren, Stefan
- 235-269 Stylized facts of business cycles in the G7 from a real business cycles perspective
by Fiorito, Riccardo & Kollintzas, Tryphon
- 271-283 Sustainable collusion in oligopoly with free entry
by Friedman, James W. & Thisse, Jacques-Francis
- 285-303 A monopoly-union model of wage determination with capital and taxes: An empirical application to the Finnish manufacturing
by Holm, Pasi & Honkapohja, Seppo & Koskela, Erkki
- 305-327 On the effectiveness of economic policy when competition is imperfect and expectations are rational
by Jacobsen, Hans Jorgen & Schultz, Christian
- 329-342 Some evidence on hysteresis in unemployment rates
by Jaeger, Albert & Parkinson, Martin
- 343-366 Dynamic tax incidence and intergenerationally neutral reform
by Keuschnigg, Christian
- 367-383 Equilibrium effects of potential entry when prices signal quality
by Overgaard, Per Baltzer
- 385-401 On-the-job search: Some empirical evidence from Britain
by Pissarides, Christopher A. & Wadsworth, Jonathan
- 403-415 Bargaining structure and economic performance in the open economy
by Rama, Martin
January 1994, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-22 Exchange rate hysteresis? Large versus small policy misalignments
by Baldwin, Richard E. & Lyons, Richard K.
- 23-44 Price discrimination via second-hand markets
by Anderson, Simon P. & Ginsburgh, Victor A.
- 45-58 Equilibrium entry patterns under uncertainty
by Appelbaum, Elie & Weber, Shlomo
- 59-67 Saving, investment and international capital mobility in EC countries
by Argimon, Isabel & Roldan, JoseMaria
- 69-85 Nominal budgeting as a stabilization rule: The optimal degree of indexation of public spending
by Bar-Ilan, Avner & Zanello, Alessandro
- 87-100 Multifirm unions and the incentive to adopt pattern bargaining in oligopoly
by Dobson, Paul W.
- 101-115 The inverse almost ideal demand system
by Eales, James S. & Unnevehr, Laurian J.
- 117-132 Government size and macroeconomic stability
by Gali, Jordi
- 133-141 Noise: A firm-made trade barrier
by Hollander, Abraham
- 143-170 A mechanism design approach to transfer pricing by the multinational firm
by Stoughton, Neal M. & Talmor, Eli
- 171-193 Antidumping and countervailing duty decisions in the E.C. and in the U.S.: An experiment in comparative political economy
by Tharakan, P. K. M. & Waelbroeck, J.
- 195-210 Labour markets and innovation: Ex-post bargaining
by Ulph, A. M. & Ulph, D. T.
December 1993, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 1457-1482 Risk sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities
by Dreze, Jacques H. & Gollier, Christian
- 1483-1506 Value-added taxation in the EC after 1992: Some applied general equilibrium calculations
by Fehr, Hans & Rosenberg, Christoph & Wiegard, Wolfgang
- 1507-1522 Staggered vs. synchronised wage setting in oligopoly
by De Fraja, Giovanni
- 1523-1532 Shirking or work morale? : The impact of regulating
by Frey, Bruno S.
- 1533-1568 Money, New-Keynesian macroeconomics and the business cycle
by Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Portier, Franck
- 1569-1597 Customer coalitions, monopoly price discrimination and generic entry deterrence
by Innes, Robert & Sexton, Richard J.
- 1599-1620 An economic theory of the open shop trade union
by Naylor, Robin & Cripps, Martin
October 1993, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 1295-1314 Labour demand, quantity constraints or matching : The determination of employment in the absence of market-clearing
by Burgess, Simon M.
- 1315-1330 Imperfect competition and the suboptimality of rational expectations
by Benassy, Jean-Pascal
- 1331-1349 Do exporters gain from VERs?
by de Melo, Jaime & Winters, L. Alan
- 1351-1371 Revisiting Baumol's 'art as floating crap game'
by Buelens, Nathalie & Ginsburgh, Victor
- 1373-1391 Electoral cycles and international policy cooperation
by Lohmann, Susanne
- 1393-1411 Female labour force participation and the choice of occupation: The supply of teachers
by Dolton, P. J. & Makepeace, G. H.
- 1413-1424 Nonmarket transfers and altruism
by Stark, Oded
- 1425-1446 Walras's models of the barter of stocks of commodities
by Walker, Donald A.
August 1993, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 1175-1184 Endogenous growth in Arrow's Learning by Doing model
by d'Autume, Antoine & Michel, Philippe
- 1185-1196 Government policy and the firm's capital structure
by Appelbaum, Elie
- 1197-1202 Domestic savings and intra-national capital flows
by Bayoumi, Tamim A. & Rose, Andrew K.
- 1203-1222 An equilibrium model of quits under optimal contracting
by Kahn, Charles M. & Longhofer, Stanley D.
- 1223-1249 Wage premiums and profit maximization in efficiency wage models
by MacLeod, W. Bentley & Malcomson, James M.
- 1251-1257 Structural unemployment and disequilibrium
by Morissette, Rene & Salvas-Bronsard, Lise
- 1259-1274 Optimal production with uncertain interruptions in the supply of electricity : Estimation of electricity outage costs
by Tishler, Asher
- 1275-1277 Estimating functional forms in cost-prices : Reply
by Olson, Dennis O. & Shieh, Yeung-nan
- 1279-1281 Cointegration and time-varying parameters : A comment
by Honohan, Patrick
- 1283-1284 Cointegration and time-varying parameters : A reply
by Canarella, G. & Pollard, S. & Lai, K.
June 1993, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 897-920 Time nonseparability in aggregate consumption : International evidence
by Braun, Phillip A. & Constantinides, George M. & Ferson, Wayne E.
- 921-948 Competitive runs : The case of a ceiling on aggregate investment
by Bartolini, Leonardo
- 949-960 Optimal hedging in a futures market with background noise and basis risk
by Briys, Eric & Crouhy, Michel & Schlesinger, Harris
- 961-982 Volatility, information and noise trading
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Moresi, Serge
- 983-1004 The 'leading shareholder' strategy, takeover contests and stock price dynamics
by Dewatripont, M.
- 1005-1019 Trends in excess returns in currency and bond markets
by Evans, Martin D. D. & Lewis, Karen K.
- 1021-1041 Variations in economic uncertainty and risk premiums on capital assets
by Gennotte, Gerard & Marsh, Terry A.
- 1043-1063 (De)stabilizing speculation on futures markets : An alternative view point
by Guesnerie, Roger & Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 1065-1081 On the incentives for money managers : A signalling approach
by Huberman, Gur & Kandel, Shmuel
- 1083-1100 Time-series tests of a non-expected-utility model of asset pricing
by Jorion, Philippe & Giovannini, Alberto
- 1101-1125 The flotation of companies on the stock market : A coordination failure model
by Pagano, Marco
- 1127-1147 Investment and hedging under a stochastic yield curve : A two-state-variable, multi-factor model
by Poncet, Patrice & Portait, Roland
- 1149-1168 Nontraded assets in incomplete markets : Pricing and portfolio choice
by Svensson, Lars E. O. & Werner, Ingrid M.
May 1993, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 689-695 Inflation, money and growth : An introduction
by de Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 697-711 Microeconomic rigidities and aggregate price dynamics
by Caballero, Ricardo J. & Engel, Eduardo M. R. A.
- 712-714 Microeconomic rigidities and aggregate price dynamics : R. Caballero and E. Engel
by Bean, Charles
- 714-717 Microeconomic rigidities and aggregate price dynamics : Ricardo Caballero and Eduardo Engel
by Taylor, John B.
- 719-754 German and American wage and price dynamics : Differences and common themes
by Franz, Wolfgang & Gordon, Robert J.
- 755-757 German and American wage and price dynamics: Differences and common themes : by Wolfgang Franz and Robert J. Gordon
by Coe, David T.
- 757-762 German and American wage and price dynamics: Differences and common themes : by Wolfgang Franz and Robert J. Gordon
by Funke, Michael
- 763-793 Assessing target zone credibility : Mean reversion and devaluation expectations in the ERM, 1979-1992
by Svensson, Lars E. O.
- 794-800 Assessing target zone credibility: Mean reversion and devaluation expectations : by Lars E.O. Svensson
by Moutot, Philippe P.
- 800-802 Assessing target zone credibility: Mean reversion and devaluation expectations in the ERM 1979-1982 : by Lars E.O. Svensson
by Rogoff, Kenneth
- 803-827 Monetary union, money demand, and money supply : A review of the German monetary union
by von Hagen, Jurgen
- 828-832 Monetary union, money demand, and money supply: A review of the German monetary union : by Jurgen von Hagen
by Klein, Martin
- 832-836 Monetary union, money demand, and money supply: A review of the German monetary union : by Jurgen von Hagen
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 837-854 Unemployment, consumption and growth
by Bean, Charles & Pissarides, Christopher
- 855-859 Unemployment, consumption and growth : by Charles Bean and Chris Pissarides
by Caballero, Ricardo J.
- 861-883 Productivity growth and the structure of the business cycle
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 884-887 Productivity growth and the structure of the business cycle : by Gilles Saint-Paul
by d'Autume, Antoine
- 887-890 Productivity growth and the structure of the business cycle : by Gilles Saint-Paul
by King, Mervyn
April 1993, Volume 37, Issue 2-3
- 213-213 Introduction
by Vickers, John
- 215-242 The challenge of monetary theory
by Hellwig, Martin F.
- 243-268 Successes and failures in coordinating expectations
by Guesnerie, Roger
- 269-291 Can we improve the structure of financial systems?
by Goodhart, Charles A. E.
- 293-298 On the number and location of cities
by Krugman, Paul
- 299-307 Oligopoly and the polarization of space
by Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 308-315 Monopolistic competition and urban systems
by Fujita, Masahisa
- 317-319 Much ado about auctions : Some introductory remarks
by Sutton, John
- 320-328 Bidding behaviour in OCS drainage auctions: Theory and evidence
by Hendricks, Kenneth & Porter, Robert H.
- 329-341 Structural econometric analysis of descending auctions
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Vuong, Quang
- 343-354 Specific investment and wage profiles in labour markets
by MacLeod, W. Bentley & Malcomson, James M.
- 355-365 Discretion and bias in performance evaluation
by Prendergast, Canice & Topel, Robert
- 366-378 Hierarchies and compensation: A case study
by Baker, George & Gibbs, Michael & Holmstrom, Bengt
- 379-386 After the honeymoon: On the economics and the politics of economic transformation
by Wyplosz, Charles
- 387-395 On the credibility of 'big bang' programs: A note on wage claims and soft budget constraints in economies in transition
by Coricelli, Fabrizio & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria
- 396-407 Enterprise debt and financial restructuring in Central and Eastern Europe
by Begg, David & Portes, Richard
- 409-417 Marginal income tax rates and economic growth in developing countries
by Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio
- 418-425 Growth, capital flows and enforcement constraints : The case of Africa
by Giovannetti, Giorgia & Marcet, Albert & Marimon, Ramon
- 426-434 Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth
by Quah, Danny
- 435-442 Trade, aid and migrations: Some basic policy issues
by Faini, Riccardo & Venturini, Alessandra
- 443-451 Immigration from poor to wealthy countries : Experience of the United States
by Freeman, Richard B.
- 452-461 The determinants of East-West German migration: Some first results
by Burda, Michael C.
- 463-476 Edgeworth and modern oligopoly theory
by Vives, Xavier
- 477-490 Francis Ysidro Edgeworth: Perfect competition and the core
by Hildenbrand, Werner
- 491-499 Echoes of Edgeworth: The problem of indeterminacy
by Sutton, John
- 501-506 On the inflationary bias of common currencies : The Latin Union puzzle
by Flandreau, Marc
- 507-517 The rise and fall of the Scandinavian Currency Union 1873-1920
by Bergman, Michael & Gerlach, Stefan & Jonung, Lars
- 518-524 Did monetary unification precede or follow political unification of Germany in the 19th century?
by Holtfrerich, Carl-Ludwig
- 525-532 Economic reform in Eastern Europe : Can theory help?
by Aghion, Philippe
- 533-540 The political economy of restructuring and privatization in Eastern Europe
by Roland, Gerard
- 541-548 The M-form hierarchy and China's economic reform
by Qian, Yingyi & Xu, Chenggang
- 549-555 Economic transition: Can theory help?
by Weitzman, Martin L.
- 557-565 Trade shocks in developing countries: Consequences and policy responses
by Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Gunning, Jan Willem
- 566-576 The 'Cote d'Ivoire' model of endogenous growth
by Azam, Jean-Paul
- 577-585 Adjustment to external imbalance and investment slumps in developing countries
by Bleaney, Michael & Greenaway, David
- 587-594 Adaptive learning and bounded rationality: An introduction to basic concepts
by Honkapohja, Seppo
- 595-602 Learning and economic fluctuations: Using fiscal policy to steer expectations
by Evans, George W. & Honkapohja, Seppo
- 603-611 Adaptive learning, evolutionary dynamics and equilibrium selection in games
by Marimon, Ramon
- 613-622 Financial markets and growth: An overview
by Pagano, Marco
- 623-631 The cyclical behavior of short-term business lending: Implications for financial propagation mechanisms
by Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon
- 632-640 Stock markets and development
by Atje, Raymond & Jovanovic, Boyan
January 1993, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-35 Methodological and empirical issues in real business cycle theory
by Pierre Danthine, Jean & Donaldson, John B.
- 37-60 The economics of price scissors: A defence of Preobrazhensky
by Baland, Jean-Marie
- 61-73 A model of liquidity overhang
by Clarida, Richard H.
- 75-95 Allocative effects of financial assets and the long run neutrality of money when markets are incomplete
by Eckwert, Bernhard
- 97-114 Public and private sector wages in the Netherlands
by Hartog, Joop & Oosterbeek, Hessel
- 115-133 Sectoral shocks and structural unemployment: An empirical analysis
by Kazamaki Ottersten, Eugenia
- 135-157 A signaling theory of unemployment
by Albert Ma, Ching-to & Weiss, Andrew M.
- 159-176 Modelling risk premia in international asset markets
by Smith, Peter N.
- 177-201 Structural adjustment and the construction sector
by van Wincoop, Eric
- 203-208 Estimating functional forms in cost-prices: A comment
by Yen, Steven T.
December 1992, Volume 36, Issue 8
- 1501-1521 Monetary growth innovations in a simple cash-in-advance asset-pricing model
by Bianconi, Marcelo
- 1523-1532 Intramarginal intervention in the EMS and the target-zone model of exchange-rate behavior
by Dominquez, Kathryn M. & Kenen, Peter B.
- 1533-1544 Capital controls and foreign exchange market crises in the EMS
by Gros, Daniel
- 1545-1555 Time consistency of government financial policy in a small open economy
by Huber, Bernd
- 1557-1571 Multinational firms and the tariff-jumping argument : A game theoretic analysis with some unconventional conclusions
by Motta, Massimo
- 1573-1599 An investigation into the power of insiders in wage determination
by Nickell, Stephen & Kong, Paul
- 1601-1626 Pre-commitment and flexibility : Applications to oligopoly theory
by Spencer, Barbara J. & Brander, James A.
- 1627-1646 Quantitative restrictions and tariffs with endogenous firm behavior
by Syropoulos, Constantinos
October 1992, Volume 36, Issue 7
- 1333-1365 Multiple equilibria in the British labour market : Some empirical evidence
by Manning, Alan
- 1367-1377 Asset price variability in a rational expectations equilibrium
by Black, Jane M. & Tonks, Ian
- 1379-1398 Estimating a multiple-output generalized Box-Cox cost function : Cost structure and productivity growth in Belgian railroad operations, 1950-1986
by De Borger, Bruno
- 1399-1411 Dynamics of monetary intervention under managed floating
by Djajic, Slobodan & Bazzoni, Stefania
- 1413-1425 The EMS is a greater Deutschmark area
by Herz, Bernhard & Roger, Werner
- 1427-1452 Adverse selection, investment, and profit taxation
by Innes, Robert
- 1453-1471 Labor migration in Europe : Experiences from Germany after unification
by Raffelhuschen, Bernd
- 1473-1492 The role of policymakers' reputation in the EMS disinflations : An empirical evaluation
by Weber, Axel A.
August 1992, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 1185-1204 European monetary union or hard EMS?
by Currie, David & Levine, Paul & Pearlman, Joseph
- 1205-1222 Partial adjustment and the permanent income hypothesis
by Attfield, C. L. F. & Demery, D. & Duck, N. W.
- 1223-1233 A new specification for aggregate employment in the U.K
by Bhaskar, V.
- 1235-1239 Do protection, schooling, product per head and income distribution influence growth? : A cross sectional analysis
by Borsu, A. & Glejser, H.
- 1241-1261 Optimal loan contracts and floating-rate debt in international lending to LDCs
by Detragiache, Enrica
- 1263-1276 Controlling stock externalities : Flexible versus inflexible Pigovian corrections
by Ko, Il-Dong & Lapan, Harvey E. & Sandler, Todd
- 1277-1290 Efficient credit rationing
by de Mesa, David & Webb, David C.
- 1291-1303 Business cycles with worker moral hazard
by Strand, Jon
- 1305-1310 The estimation of the quantities in the IEQ regression
by Tummers, Martijn P.
- 1311-1321 International trade and exchange rate volatility
by Viaene, Jean-Marie & de Vries, Casper G.
June 1992, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 969-973 Demand, supply, and financial deregulation-an introduction
by de Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 975-1000 Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts : The effects of monetary policy
by Sims, Christopher A.
- 1001-1011 'Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts: The effects of monetary policy' : by Christopher Sims
by Eichenbaum, Martin
- 1013-1047 The macroeconomic impact of flexible labor contracts, with an application to Spain
by Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 1048-1051 'The macroeconomic impact of flexible labor contracts, with an application to Spain' : by S. Bentolila and G. Saint-Paul
by Burda, Michael C.
- 1051-1053 'The macroeconomic impact of flexible labor contracts, with an application to Spain' : by S. Bentolila and G. Saint-Paul
by Katz, Lawrence F.
- 1055-1085 Productivity growth in U.K. companies, 1975-1986
by Nickell, Stephen & Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin
- 1086-1091 'Productivity growth in U.K. companies 1975-1986' : by S. Nickell, S. Wadhwani and M. Wall
by Konig, Heinz
- 1093-1127 Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies
by Miles, David
- 1128-1131 'Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies' : by D. Miles
by Sebastian, Miguel
- 1131-1135 'Housing markets, consumption and financial liberalisation in the major economies' : by D. Miles
by Zeldes, Stephen P.
- 1137-1170 Capital requirements and the behaviour of commercial banks
by Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 1171-1174 'Capital requirements and the behaviour of banks' : by Jean-Charles Rochet
by Mayer, Colin
- 1174-1177 'Capital requirements and the behaviour of banks' : by Jean-Charles Rochet
by Repullo, Rafael
May 1992, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 763-781 Technological choice, financial markets and economic development
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 783-800 Wage contracts and business cycle models
by Ambler, Steve & Phaneuf, Louis
- 801-813 The impact of a hybrid personal tax system on capital accumulation and economic welfare
by Androkovich, Robert A. & Daly, Michael J. & Naqib, Fadle M.
- 815-826 Exchange rate uncertainty, futures markets and the multinational firm
by Broll, Udo & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 827-845 The inflation discipline of currency substitution
by Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Diba, Behzad T.
- 847-864 Market structure and R&D competition
by Clemenz, Gerhard
- 865-882 The fallacy of composition argument : Is it relevant for LDCs' manufactures exports?
by Faini, Riccardo & Clavijo, Fernando & Senhadji-Semlali, Abdel
- 883-892 Cascading contingent protection
by Hoekman, Bernard M. & Leidy, Michael P.
- 893-914 Target zones and international policy coordination : The contrast between the necessary and sufficient conditions for success
by Hallett, A. J. Hughes
- 915-924 Big effects of small interventions: The informational role of intervention in exchange rate policy
by Klein, Michael W.
- 925-943 Dominant interest and inflation differentials within the EMS
by Koedijk, Kees G. & Kool, Clemens J. M.
- 945-962 Retail pricing and the costs of clearance sales : The formalisation of a rule of thumb
by van Praag, Bernard & Bode, Ben
- 963-963 Corrigendum
by Azam, Jean-Paul
April 1992, Volume 36, Issue 2-3
- 207-208 Introduction
by Giavazzi, Francesco
- 209-235 Macroeconomic theory and the labor market
by Lindbeck, Assar
- 237-267 Endogenous macroeconomic growth theory
by Helpman, Elhanan
- 269-306 Capital markets and economic fluctuations in capitalist economies
by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 307-309 Economists as policymakers: A round-table discussion : Introduction
by Draghi, Mario
- 310-319 From sharp stabilization to growth : On the political economy of Israel's transition
by Bruno, M.
- 320-328 Macroeconomic stabilization and structural change in Mexico
by Aspe, Pedro
- 329-336 Political economy and development policy
by Rodrik, Dani
- 337-344 Positive and normative theories of public debt and inflation in historical perspective
by Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido
- 345-353 Should governments commit?
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean