Exploiting old customers and attracting new ones: The case of bank deposit pricing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy H. Hannan & Elizabeth K. Kiser & Robin A. Prager & James J. McAndrews, 2003.
"To Surcharge or Not to Surcharge: An Empirical Investigation of ATM Pricing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 990-1002, November.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Elizabeth K. Kiser & Robin A. Prager & James J. McAndrews, 2001. "To surcharge or not to surcharge: an empirical investigation of ATM pricing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-38, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robert M. Adams, 2011.
"Consumer Switching Costs And Firm Pricing: Evidence From Bank Pricing Of Deposit Accounts,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 296-320, June.
- Timothy H. Hannan, 2008. "Consumer switching costs and firm pricing: evidence from bank pricing of deposit accounts," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul Klemperer, 1995. "Competition when Consumers have Switching Costs: An Overview with Applications to Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 515-539.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M, 1991. "The Failure of Competition in the Credit Card Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 50-81, March.
- Santiago Carbo Valverdie & David Humphrey & Francisco Rodriguez Fernandez, 2003. "Deregulation, Bank Competition and Regional Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 227-237.
- Stango, Victor, 2002. "Pricing with Consumer Switching Costs: Evidence from the Credit Card Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 475-492, December.
- Kim, Moshe & Kliger, Doron & Vale, Bent, 2003. "Estimating switching costs: the case of banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-56, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2014. "On modeling banking risk," Working Papers 183, Bank of Greece.
- Degl’Innocenti, M & Fiordelisi, F & Girardone, C & Radić, N, 2018. "Competition and Risk-Taking in Investment banking," Essex Finance Centre Working Papers 21268, University of Essex, Essex Business School.
- repec:eee:jcecon:v:46:y:2018:i:1:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Ashton & Andros Gregoriou & Jerome V. Healy, 2013. "The relative influence of price and choice factors on retail deposit quantities," Working Papers 13006, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune & Yankov, Vladimir, 2016.
"Limited deposit insurance coverage and bank competition,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 95-108.
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune & Yankov, Vladimir, 2014. "Limited Deposit Insurance Coverage and Bank Competition," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune & Yankov, Vladimir, 2014. "Limited Deposit Insurance Coverage and Bank Competition," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-99, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Saeyeon Oh & Jungsoo Park, 2015. "Does Bank Branch Competition Alleviate Household Credit Constraints?Evidence from Korean Household Data," Working Papers 1501, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Tsionas, Mike G., 2016. "Parameters measuring bank risk and their estimation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 250(1), pages 291-304.
- Aysan, Ahmet F. & Disli, Mustafa & Duygun, Meryem & Ozturk, Huseyin, 2018.
"Religiosity versus rationality: Depositor behavior in Islamic and conventional banks,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19.
- Ahmet F. Aysan & Mustafa Disli & Meryem Duygun & Huseyin Ozturk, 2017. "Religiosity Versus Rationality: Depositor Behavior In Islamic And Conventional Banks," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 17/933, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Anderson, Robert D.J. & Ashton, John K. & Hudson, Robert S., 2014.
"The influence of product age on pricing decisions: An examination of bank deposit interest rate setting,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 216-230.
- Robert D. J. Anderson & John Ashton & Robert S. Hudson, 2013. "The Influence of Product Age on Pricing Decisions: An examination of bank deposit interest rate setting," Working Papers 13014, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Brown, Martin & Guin, Benjamin & Morkoetter, Stefan, 2013. "Deposit Withdrawals from Distressed Commercial Banks: The Importance of Switching Costs," Working Papers on Finance 1319, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Dec 2017.
- Guin, Benjamin & Brown, Martin & Morkötter, Stefan, 2015. "Deposit Withdrawals from Distressed Commercial Banks," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113081, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- José Manuel Pastor & José Manuel Pavía & Lorenzo Serrano & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2016. "Rich regions, poor regions and bank branch deregulation in Spain," Working Papers 2016/02, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Zhao, Tianshu & Matthews, Kent & Murinde, Victor, 2013.
"Cross-selling, switching costs and imperfect competition in British banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5452-5462.
- Zhao, Tianshu & Matthews, Kent & Murinde, Victor, 2011. "Cross-Selling, Switching Costs and Imperfect Competition in British Banks," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2011/29, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- repec:bir:birmec:14-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jfsres:v:53:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10693-016-0262-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDeposit pricing; In-migration; Locked-in customers;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:55:y:2011:i:7:p:903-915. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.