Why was the euro weak? Markets and policies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti, 1999. "Stability, Asymmetry, and Discontinuity: The Launch of European Monetary Union," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(2), pages 295-372.
- Cohen, Daniel & Wyplosz, Charles, 1995.
"Price and trade effects of exchange rate fluctuations and the design of policy coordination,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 331-347, June.
- Cohen, Daniel & Wyplosz, Charles, 1990. "Price and Trade Effects of Exchange Rate Fluctuations and the Design of Policy Coordinaton," CEPR Discussion Papers 440, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cohen Daniel & Wyplosz Ch., 1990. "Price and trade effects of exchange rates fluctuations and the design of policy coordination," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9010, CEPREMAP.
- Cohen, D. & Wyplosz, C., 1990. "Price and Trade Effects of Exchange Rates Fluctuations and the Design of Policy Coordination," DELTA Working Papers 90-19, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Cohen, Daniel, 1997. "How will the euro behave ?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9704, CEPREMAP.
- Alessandra Casella, 1999.
"Tradable deficit permits:efficient implementation of the Stability Pact in the European Monetary Union,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(29), pages 321-362, October.
- Alessandra Casella, 1999. "Tradable Deficit Permits: Efficient Implementation of the Stability Pacin the European Monetary Union," NBER Working Papers 7278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kari Heimonen, 2006. "Time-Varying Fundamentals of the Euro-Dollar Exchange Rate," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 385-407.
- Ron Alquist & Menzie D. Chinn, 2002. "Productivity and the Euro-Dollar Exchange Rate Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8824, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Belloc, Marianna & Federici, Daniela, 2010. "A two-country NATREX model for the euro/dollar," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 315-335, March.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Chionis, Dionysios P., 2004. "Foreign exchange market intervention: implications of publicly announced and secret intervention for the euro exchange rate and its volatility," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 661-673, September.
- Gottschalk, Jan & Döpke, Jörg & Kamps, Christophe, 2001. "Sources of Euro Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations: What Is Behind the Euro Weakness in 1999-2000?," Kiel Working Papers 1050, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kaltenhäuser, Bernd, 2001. "Explaining the Dollar-Euro rate: Do stock market returns mater?," CFS Working Paper Series 2001/06, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Neaime, Simon & Paschakis, John, 2002. "The future of the dollar-euro exchange rate," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 56-71, May.
- Heimonen, Kari, 2009. "The euro-dollar exchange rate and equity flows," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 202-209, October.
- Philip Arestis & Andrew Brown & Kostas Mouratidis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2002. "The Euro: Reflections on the first three years," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17.
- Bas van Aarle & Harry Garretsen & Florence Huart, 2003. "Transatlantic Monetary and Fiscal Policy Interaction," CESifo Working Paper Series 1042, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heng Chen & Dietrich K. Fausten & Wing-Keung Wong, 2006. "Evolution Of Dollar/Euro Exchange Rate Before And After The Birth Of Euro And Policy Implications," Monash Economics Working Papers 14/06, Monash University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:45:y:2001:i:4-6:p:988-994. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.